/ggg/ - Guilty Gear General

Watch for Meteors Edition

Previous thread: Beginner's Guide: docs.zoho.com/writer/published/3s2nhd0dcc35f4f504b4f91707d369ee87b9f

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/guilty_gear

Make lobbies, have fun. When making a lobby, please mention region, platform, and how long you plan on keeping it open. And don't play on WiFi.

Other urls found in this thread:

challonge.com/tournaments/signup/rYCP0PJeyY
strawpoll.me/14602297
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bedman

is cute CUTE!

Copy-pasting for gear from the last thread
Okay I think I set up everything correctly.

I will be hosting a /ggg/ tournament for ECPC players (or anyone who can connect to the US East Coast with reasonable lag) on Friday, December 15th. Check ins will start at 8PM and the Tourney itself will start at 8:30PM.
I figured we can use the thread to share room IDs for the tourney as I doubt we'll have more than 10 to 12 entrants. Consider this a test. Worst comes to worse, it ends up becoming more of a hassle than it's worth and we just host the usual ECPC room.

To summarize:
>/ggg/ netplay tourney
>PC
>Friday, December 15th
>Check in at 8PM
>Tourney starts at 8:30PM
>United States East Coast connections will be the majority, please be mindful of your connection before entering

And finally
>sign up link
>challonge.com/tournaments/signup/rYCP0PJeyY

Hope to see you guys there. Keep on rockin'.

May is in her early to mid 20s in GGXrd onward. She was probably around 16 at the youngest in GG1. The time difference between GG1 and GGX is about 1 year. Then there's the 7 year time skip from X2 to GG2.

While these are approximate numbers, that would put May at 15-16 at the absolute youngest in GG1 and 22-24 at the oldest in Xrd. She's subconsciously using very powerful Ki which is why she looks younger. It's why Baiken is around her mid to late 40s and still looks like she's in her late 20s. (She's not 90, that comes from a misunderstanding of when her colony was attacked).

Ultimately it's the fact that Johnny sees himself as her adoptive father and the fact that May acts like a womanchild that probably isn't working in her favor in getting the J.
Ah thanks, I was just about to copy paste it myself. We have 5 entrants so far. I might enter to give the tourney an even number if it comes to that, but I'd like to focus on making sure it will run properly if possible.

holy fuck how do i play this game
i feel like im wearing mittens or something its too fast

It comes with time.

maybe i just need friends who play
same thing happened with starcraft and i just quit after getting "ok"

Work the jive out of your system

Press buttons till your opponent's life drops to zero.

i keep dying first

i thought i needed that jive to play

>incredibly arrogant and intelligent character
>gets played like a damn piano

Improve the order and timing with which you press the buttons in order to increase the likelyhood that your opponents health reaches zero before yours.

>got killed by a hobo robot and a giant stick made of balls

why is zato so unpopular?

Too high IQ for most players.

Then why is johnny so popular?

Johnny is not as high IQ as Zato.

Sounds like ram desu

fucked up my wrist practicing answer iad loops, but at least i'll finally get consistent combos into knockdown on 40% of the cast

What bad habits do you guys got that you need to work on fixing? For me I need to stop doing the same thing off sweep and mix it up a bit. Also need to stop using HS double head morbid 90% of the time and start mixing in an S one cause eventually i'mmah just keep getting punished for it.

you shouldn't be using morbid outside combos anyways

I almost never see anyone use either version of double head morbid.

fucking brainless VV and GV, also riot stamp
it's just that since i'm a shitter i play with shitters and they have trouble reacting to and punishing it, so i just start using it willy-nilly

You right but I end up doing it for corner pressure mindlessly although it gets blocked and I get blown up so I need to work on doing that less.
Really? Never? Now that just sounds weird to me though I do forget about QV a good chunk of the time so I can't really talk

it's largely useless outside of 2D RC convert, a chip setup where you have a ball in front of you and they have no meter left, and i guess as an antijump out with RC ready since it's faster than QV and they're both air unblockable

Thanks for the RC convert idea gon be real helpful to me, any idea what would be a better option off throw than 5HS into HS DHD?

u wot m8? off throw you either corner carry with dash 2H/c.S > S carcass > IAD or dash jump > 6H ender or you do charged ball okizeme like 5H > lv1 HQV > stinger blah blah, just watch vids. H morbid doesn't even knock down!

Ye this is what I was talking about doing the same thing off sweep I end up pushing them away and lose momentum 'cus of it. Gonna try those things you mentioned and look up some vids in the morn'. Thanks again.

yea off 2D you only get special cancels and S stinger yrc is the best option while meterless morbid is probably the worst, typical pressure resets are S carcass, yrc stinger, mad struggle, and IAD

G'night /ggg/

Faust is cute!!!

good night /ggg/

Wake up /ggg/!!!

No

Heads up. I put the /ggg/ tourney on Double Elimination mode because I forgot to do that when setting it up. Many thanks to the user that pointed out that I had it on Single Elimination.

Depending on how many entrants we get I might just host an open room so everyone can spectate. I don't know if I can actually stream on my PC but I would be willing to try should it come to it.

In summary:
>tournament is double elimination

>sign up link
challonge.com/tournaments/signup/rYCP0PJeyY

Why doesn't this game have crossplay? Do you think we'll ever get it?

Probably not.

I could deal with Baiken's badness if her counters at least worked the old way.

I want Dizzy to breastfeed me

Zato has more bad matchups than previous versions and many of them are popular characters and has to work very hard in neutral compared to most of the cast. If you wanted to be good, putting time into a character like Johnny Raven or Chipp would produce better results much faster than Zato.

I should also add almost all of his blockstrings with summon are fake.

Zzz

He deserved it

Robo-Ky when

Not really

I honestly thought it did until you just mentioned it there.

>"FBI is watching you" badge
>check game
>isn't avaliable for purchase

Luckily you can always pirate it.

Is it blocked in certain countries or something?

unless something changed recently, blocked games simply don't load in store view, and instead kick you back to front page.

>unless something changed recently
something did. Steam added regional pricing in lots of countries. If you're in one of these, and dev didn't set price in your local currency, game isn't avaliable for purchase, because there's no pricetag for it.
I guess best bet is to write on forum and tell dev to add new prices. With indie devs it might actually work, assuming they still pay any attention to game.

welp, confirmed
as if life here didn't suck enough already...

Just pirate it man, it should come natural to you anyway.

but you can't get badge off pirated game! (I think)

you can also just buy the cards off the steam market y'know

I haven't tested this much, when they're in a corner and you're fast enough to confirm of a 2H(1) and don't want a knockdown from 2D (maybe when they have burst?) you can do 2H(1)->H Double Head Morbid-> air grab at ground grab level (timing is important) if you're sure they will be mashing to recover. It's a fun little thing to mix them up a little, not that useful or optimal.

I said you had to do H DHM off of 2H(1) because I thought you'd always be pushed too far if you didn't, but it's possible to do it from the second hit, you just have to avoid being pushed too far before the 2H.

sorry but i think that's useless gimmick neta shit, you will always want a knockdown from 2d, qv or 6h ESPECIALLY in the corner

>that one guy who kicks you from the lobby after being stomped

gee wizz.

No offense taken. I'm not even sure what neta means, is it a "trick" or something?
As I said I don't think it's that useful or as good an option as 2D is, just something I tried when I felt I didn't know what to do with a 2H hit, besides a 2D, QV or a S Carcass.

ive never seen or heard anyone get kicked from a lobby. is that a console thing?

Would you guys call Ky a zoner?

if you really want to tech trap you want to use something that will still allow a combo to continue on black beat to deal with people that recognize it the first time then delay tech, if someone delay techs morbid they're just gonna punish you while you try to air throw, especially since it's so low to the ground
it depends on spacing since 2H can push you out but it's basically just stinger or S carcass reset, you can H morbid RC but you can stinger RC too and that should scale a little less. it's basically the same options as 2S.

Nah. He can zone, but I think he can't win games by just spamming projectiles, at least against people who know what they're doing.

not really because at the end of the day he's not winning unless he's rushing you down and putting you in the blender. projectiles are somewhat unsafe.

Nah, can happen on both PC and PS4, just most people have honor and accept the beating instead of being pussies.

Damn, now that you put it that way the thing I mentioned really is kind of pointless. Explains why I haven't seen it being used.

I didn't even know that was a menu option until a few weeks ago. Never ever thought to use it or have a need for it but I get why it's a thing. No need to ever use that menu.

But her new counters are what's bad about her.

ded

thanks, i'm saving that

benis

Where's kliff lads

News after DBZ and RWBY game comes out, right?

Yep. It'll be
>we have chosen to cease all funding and development for guilty gear in order to divert it towards DBFZ because it returns far greater profits.

They're getting paid by Bamco to do that, operating budgets for their own properties probably aren't affected by it much

>Marvel lite 3v3 replacing the father of anime fighters
lol

how many belts does it take to have a good character design

Ask nomura

Anyone saved that image with Alex Valle's face under Potemkin's helmet?

Heh.

I GOT A TK BOMBER TO COME OUT ON THE RIGHT SIDE ITS A CHRISTMAS DAY MIRICLE

But christmas isn't for 2 weeks

TK Bomber is maybe the stupidest move I've ever seen in a fighting game. I don't know exactly what it is, but I feel like you literally CAN'T do it TK. You HAVE to delay it a little bit, or do a TK motion that makes it come out slower.

I can do TK bombers fine and dandy, but when I do the same input I do to do one in neutral when trying to jump cancel one off of 2S, it just never works.

im from the future
your probably doing it to early i have that issue as well with combo because of how fast you can input gating shit in this game

If anyone's waiting for the ECPC room, I'm not feeling very well tonight and will probably be going to sleep very early. Until then, however, there is officially 8 entrants for the Friday ECPC /ggg/ tourney. Still plenty of room if anyone wants to sign up, but enough to be a nice, rounded bracket.

Now I don't know if I can actually stream, but I'm going to try no match commentary, I don't exactly have the voice for radio if you catch my drift. But if I'm going to do so, what should I stream this on? I have OBS and Shadowplay, or I can make a twitch link. I'm posting another strawpoll, but keep in mind this one still might not happen depending on whether I can actually stream on my hardware or not.

In summary:
>can't host ECPC tonight
>gonna attempt to stream
>strawpoll on what to stream on

Here's the strawpoll link:
>strawpoll.me/14602297

And the sign up page for the tourney:
>challonge.com/tournaments/signup/rYCP0PJeyY

Why not give streaming a try sometime during the week before the tournament to see if it works?

I'll make a test stream on whatever the strawpoll shows.