/xgg/ - Xenogames General #23

Previous Thread: ========== Xenoblade 2 ==========
>Link to official JP twitter:
twitter.com/xenobladejp?lang=en

>XBC2 Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Ygax_f4e5a8
>XB2 Direct with world & gameplay explanations
youtube.com/watch?v=0Hb0KmH2WBQ
>XB2 Story trailer (medium spoilers, at your own risk)
youtube.com/watch?v=DOQ9q4HDb0U
>XB2 General FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XB game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/d8TqRTxi
>XB2 Blade, Combat and Quests FAQ
pastebin.com/yvMbe5rW
>XB2 Blade combo elemental chart
imgur.com/a/OiBPb
>XB2 Info Doc. Please help contribute to it.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EG0UpsgjhISr6_isiUpiWMU9qcXj6t8wWB0_LAiH1yE/edit#gid=0

========== Xenoblade X ==========
>XBX General FAQ
pastebin.com/YtgZ9rVQ
>XBX How to not kill NPCS
pastebin.com/pnY7FH7e
>XBX Info doc with potential spoilers
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g0YR4M8RAHiRhCbAvV4tjXXHLEhRMrARzZMYAUGmyZ4/htmlview?sle=true#
==============================

Please mark your spoilers properly, anons.
If you have any doc or pastebin for any Xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY
gematsu.com/2017/11/monolith-soft-president-wants-play-xenoblade-chronicles-x-switch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You just leave it to me, I'll use my brains to put this team to good use.

Xenoblade 3 should continue using this more anime style.

Just rolled my first rare. Boreas on Nia.

Fast travel to Varnax's Plunge there are 2 Hard Crabs in front and 1 behind you. They aren't too hard if you collect potions.

Pentagon chips got to from like 230 attack to -390 AND give your weapons a boost. Like 50+ to stat or 500 HP etc.

HOLD THAT THOUGHT

Feed him.

straight out of africa if you ask me

How's the strike mod on Hana JD?

is there any way to play XCX if you don't have a wii u?

Borrow a Wii U. Steal a Wii U.

Anyone gonna replay X when they're done with 2? I got an itching for it.

XCX /xbcxg/ OP:
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY

maybe add it to the OP, it has some more stuff than just the 3 links

Not gonna replay it, but I still need to finish a few Affinity Missions from the DLC guys like Yelv's.

What is good deeds for townfolk?
Show us light, for now
Show a sign for where we can go
Into the cave with no guiding light
Do you know...?
Where is the goal?
Don't just follow
We can try, because we're living now
It's bitter, so many sorrows
But we can swallow
It's gonna be our hardest times

I wouldnt mind as long as there was 1 character designer

Ok, but It's Vess's designer

Homura is heavier than Tora!

Emulation, help Takahashi fulfill his dream
gematsu.com/2017/11/monolith-soft-president-wants-play-xenoblade-chronicles-x-switch

>every single legendary core has yielded a common blade

Yeah, I hate the style clashing as cool as Nomura's designs are.

I loved XCX a lot

>not using boosters on your legendary core rolls
>not maxing out your luck before using your legendary cores
you only have yourself to blame user

someone needs to die for this

why does her face look like a smushed potato?

Yeah, I did both of those things, including double luck accessories, every single time.

>light light water (mythra mythra dromarch/aegaeon) first
>light light light (mythra mythra mythra) second
>fire water fire (brighid dromarch pyra) third
>morag doesn't change to brighid for the third blade combo
fuck you morag

>Only have 3 blades left
>been farming legendary cores and using boosters
600+ luck
>still commons

im dying

Where's the best place to farm legendary core crystals?

that's my fetish user

also, anyone remember this guy?

Sorry I wasn't paying attention and forgot to check the bump. It's usually pretty slow this time of night.
Thanks for making the new thread, senpai.

>Just let him shoot all three manon
>Elma liked this

he looks like Ramses

Yeah, after 2, I'm convinced Monolith Soft needs to just stick to the really colorful anime look. I'm not impressed at all with how Torna looks for the most part. Just looks like they came out of Xenoblade X or something, which I didn't really enjoy looking at. I was on the fence when I saw the artwork for 2, but they translated great in-game, especially all the waifus.

Just reached chapter 5. I probably could have easily have broken a hundred hours since I didn't fully explore Mor Ardain, but I needed Brighid for a mission.

I made sure to tear apart the factory Because I found out it actually gets abandoned and shut down. It just doesn't feel the same afterwards, especially with the music.

The 50something ball unique will drop legendary or rare cores from a smash and is pretty easy. Stick treasure sensor on someone to make it easier.

Of course I do! That's Alex! Savior of New LA!

RIP

that sucks man. I still have around 10 or so blades left, so I can get by with 350+ luck and boosters and I get one pretty much every time with my legendaries

Favorite villian. Her voice actor sounded hot. I wish she had more character development :(

With how many people are complaining about it though, even nips, I doubt they'll stick with it.

Grind or get good at comboing as fast as possible. Seal Reinforcements, Seal Shackle Blade, and Seal Affinity Down are super useful throughout the fight. I personally used Light/Fire, Wind, Dark on Rex, Wind (boreas), Water, Electric (vess) on nia, and all of the default Poppi forms for Tora I was able to hit 6 orbs in pic related for the kill.

>He was a pawn of foreign agents.
>Just like the guy who's created the hat that he wears.
At least Alex did admit defeat when you debated him before he got brainwashed.

Anywhere with easy to kill uniques over level 100 my recommendations. Remember to use the smash combo often and equip treasure censor. some lower level uniques can drop them but at a much lower rate.

Top area of the world tree where you fought Jin - Has a easy to kill enemy with minions. It can summon more of them so remember to use the triple dark path of specials to seal it

Old factory - On the walkway theres a level 120 fox thing that has super low hp but dodges like a motherfucker. and deals spike deal, if you can handle it its a good one to farm.

Lower level Tantal in hazy weather - level 110 squid that doesn't do alot of damage but has a ton of hp.

>I'm not impressed at all with how Torna looks for the most part. Just looks like they came out of Xenoblade X or something, which I didn't really enjoy looking at
really? I thought they looked like they could've been plucked out of a Kingdom Hearts game and I wouldn't have noticed the difference

That was my playtime when I beat the game, is there really that much stuff to do at that point?

Plus in that final cutscene after the crystal pops out of Rex's chest do we even see the one in Pneumas chest?

>abandoned
If that's what you call repopulated with vastly more powerful monsters.

>cliffs of morthya arc starts
>no voice acting in the scene prior
>no cutscene, just instantly teleported to a new area immediately after a conversation for the first time in the game
>game suddenly starts recycling main area themes with the factory theme
Yikes, maybe this game was rushed after all. I really hope the whole last quarter doesn't disappoint me like this.

I don't agree. XCX can look great, even now, it doesn't have to be 1990s anime styled.

Definitely. Torna overall came out fine but Patroka and Mik came too close to X's look for me, ESPECIALLY Patroka.

Maybe in the Switch release, we'll actually get the thundercats on our team like we were supposed to.

No. She did a full transfer and was just running on residual power. Malos mentioned this earlier in the game.
I really want them to do an updated Switch port with a few QoL improvements and better monster/npc draw distances.

Best way to gain affinity that doesn't involve quests?

Chapter 9 and 10 are pretty nice. Get use to some health sponge enemies though that want you to use your new super form, which means I hope you like using Rex instead of someone else.

It's obvious she had more going on, especially with how similar they look to Rock/Celica. Sadly like 99% of X they're shit was clearly cut out.

if the core crystal was the thing that's keeping rex alive, how come he's fine when the whole thing popped out? I was thinking he's like ironman or something

The cliffs are just a meaningless pile of rock have to walk on to get to the real plot. Your reward for doing so is Malos pulling out a monado.

I thought so, so it made complete sense for her to come back. I remember someone mentioning that earlier in the game.

The female medium armor looked so much more rad then the male one.

I just beated the game, just wanna share some of my thoughts. Spoilers obviously.

It was a great ending. Kinda predictable with Pyra/Mythra sacrificing herself to save the rest but nonetheless. I wasn't absolutely sure if she would come back or not but I'm glad they did, as I'm a sucker for happy endings.

Although its kinda awkward and hot at the same time cause Rex gets both girls, and not just one. The dinner scene in chapter 10 is suppose to show what life will probably be like for the three. Lucky bastard.

What are your thoughts on the ending? Did you like it?

I mean all Jin really did was stab him through the heart and by the time Mythra/Pyra unlocked Pneuma, fixing his heart would be nothing.

I don't think it's actually keeping him alive. You'll notice he was totally unaffected by the blade draining area. It healed his original injuries in chapter 1, so all that's left is the bond and damage sharing.

When you have so many unique armors, it's almost expected that some will be shit.

Yeah, I liked it a lot. I was surprised that I was tricked up to the very end and then. That was the first lie, I ever told you. Poppi deserves a fucking thousand applause.

Stop yanking my crank, it's empty and the machines are all turned off. I miss the industry in motion with all the birds and Nopon slave labor.

I like the ending, but I wish Pyra/Mythra had stayed dead as their sacrifice was actually pretty damn emotional and well done. It didn't kill the ending for me really but eh. Still loved the game.

Maybe it doesn't get repopulated instantly? All I know is I went back later in the game and everything was level 90+.

I dunno, I kinda like that they had that in there at the very end. Kind of like a reverse of the ending of The Dark Tower books

What the fuck is up with this Perceval quest? It says go talk to some chick in the backstreet and she's not fucking there.

>Do axe blade art on Zeke "welcome to axe town, population: your face"
>Fight bugs with Agate "wah, get that thing away from me, I'm not kidding get it away!"

Why is Agate and Zeke best combo?

Does anyone know?

I understand why some people may feel this way, as a sacrifice is basically cheapened when a character is brought back. But I'm glad the developers brought the two back, they were some of my favorite characters and Rex deserves a happy ending, don't you think?

Stuff their faces with food

Sure. Like I said it didn't completely kill the ending for me, it's just personal preference really.

UH

YEAH

Any food? And without waiting for the cooldown?

>With how many people are complaining about it though, even nips, I doubt they'll stick with it.
Good.

based on the NG+ title screen, he's gonna be having plenty of happy endings in his future

What's the best way to do Pyra's cooking affinity?

yes. although some work better than others. And you don't have to worry about a cooldown

Pick food that none of the recipients like. Food they like is slower because of the audio clip and doesn't actually seem to give a bigger boost. It's 9 points per item, so pick something cheap.

>9 points
Fuck. Time to mash, I guess...

Dumb burger.

I think that's overblown and I doubt they'll take it anymore seriously than the people complaining that they need to ditch the core combat system every game. Like what is the criticism exactly that people will write in? The complaints are mostly centered around Pyra triggering people with her outfit even though Mythra is basically showing off more of her bare ass and cleavage more than Pyra does, but not a peep from anyone. It just goes to show you who actually is playing the game.

And X had it even worse, people were saying they looked like the main cast looked like characters created in some Korean MMOs or something. I mean, "too anime" in a weeb game? Not exactly the worst complaint in the world.

put a bunch of agriculture and botany skills on your squad and go gather a bunch of shit, I think glitterbake is the easiest one to make. Just spam them and you should be good. You only need to cook 50 times for max affinity I believe

How do you get that screen? I beat the game and even have the start next to my profile but it just shows the space station.

Theories on Addam? I already beat the game and ....

They never really explained who he was. I originally thought Addam was going to Rex's dad or ancestor but I don't think this is the case.

>NG+
user...

Hmm...I dunno. I seem to remember it showing up for me. Do you have the little medal on your save and in your menu? Try restarting the game, that might work

Addam was a red herring. The game constantly stringed you along making you think "Oh he's Rex's ancestor. Oh he's Shulk. Oh he's gotta be someone really important that I know because they never show his face".

Surprise, he's just a war hero and nothing more. Rex is just some salvager kid and nothing more. Takahashi tricked you.

Whoops, yea I meant post-game. My bad

fuck playing a 80+ hour game over again from the beginning.

I did restart it, and yeah the medal is there. Still getting the Space station

Any tips for Salvaging? I go to a salvaging point up in the upstairs part of the first zone and it summons three level30 mobs and I'm level 10....

Addam was just a cool guy who could use the Aegis The DLC will probably give us his back story

Funny enough, anyone from letheria could have open the seals, it just so happened Rex was a salvager that was hired and was a lethrian

Don't go there. You have one point that you can do for your level. Or you can just go to Gormott, where you have a lot of places you can go.

Salvage somewhere else, dumbo.

My hopes for the DLC, after completing the game...

I hope the DLC is a direct continuation of the story, and just extra content in between the chapters. I'm really hoping for some romantic moments between Rex and the 2 girls. Although, i don't know whos going to be the main villain. Maybe the third Aegis?