/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Public Beta is LIVE from now until December 12th!, 3 hunts: G. Jagras, Barroth, Anjanath, PS4 only, requires PSN+
↳Paris trailer 10/30: [YouTube] Monster Hunter: World - Rotten Vale Trailer
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: [YouTube] Monster Hunter: World Gameplay Demo - IGN Live: Gamescom 2017
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/bk2128/status/940060116602175489
youtube.com/watch?v=SmqH85Q7LPk
youtube.com/watch?v=jzJ4yV7NRwA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Found a technique for CB that allows you to get up directly into using AED in Axe mode. It cancels the first part of the animation you'd usually get, and you can face any direction you want to use it in.

Think of it like a quick counter-attack if the monster gives you an opening as you're getting up.

mobile.twitter.com/bk2128/status/940060116602175489

Monsters will be added through patches

>technique
That's definitely a bug. I had this happen to me, but with a small flinch from a teammate. Was really confused when all of a sudden I was doing an Ultra.

ZINOGRE WHEN?

Being able to Guard Point from sheathed is pretty snazzy too.

Can you skip the cinematic zoom shit the camera does when you encounter a big monster for the first time? It really fucks you up when you're already fighting Anja and that fucking iguana crawls into the area and pulls the camera on itself.

I don't have my PS4 on so I can't hear it for myself but that's just a kick in the dick right there.

Anyone have that yt vid of LS rath solo? I lost it.

this is great

youtube.com/watch?v=SmqH85Q7LPk

Repost from last thread

rank the weapons in World from best to worst

>God tier

>Good tier

>Ok tier

>Shit tier

How do you guys feel about the new fluidity of the bowguns? I was initially skeptical but I love them now, especially LBG. It's going to be hard to go back to slow clunky bowgunning for two months.

Make sure to get lots of practice with the bow so you can be Aloy!

Saw that one coming.
G-rank DLC is all but confirmed. No more re-releases.

H O W

Every weapon is literally god tier now.

post your best quest end screens

So how is the framerate on the Pro?

World's fastest??

youtube.com/watch?v=jzJ4yV7NRwA

hammer STRONK

He's holding R2 while sipping, so the game thinks he's guarding and gives him the guard when he would have taken damage.
I'd wager that it works with other animations too.

Does the axe morph draw have a GP at the start?

I would but I'm not sure how to pull shots from the ps4

>HH
>god tier

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

On one hand no more Ultra G True Version re-release at full price.
On the other hand companies that change this ALWAYS ruin the game and Jew it up even harder.

I'm afraid.

Oh hello. I'm new to the series and got the Beta. I've tried all the weapons in training.
But I only used GS and bow in the easy mission. Bow felt it took ages to kill the monster, but GS did it within few seconds.
Any fun/simple weapons that I should try as a new player? I do like the ranged stuff.

>Tfw I'll finally be able to record all my stupid bullshit for the one in a million times I do something cool

Use them all, find what you like.

Anyone got that webm of the guy using Glaive to smack Rathalos by airboosting like 20 times?

It's just the same model they did with SFV

bump
I'm not shitposting to start the thread, I'm genuinely interested. It seems like the most drastic change for any of the weapons, they feel fundamentally different.

>only get teamed with nips

Press the share button or hold it and it takes a screenshot.

Isn't that series microtransaction infested and garbage now?

It does.
Draw into Axe mode from sheathed.

Reminder you can dismiss your Palico by talking to them at the base camp.

>buy console just for monster hunter
>buy that monster hunter game twice, usually one imported too
versus
>buy game once
>buy the extra content you want, all of it totaling up to about the same price of the base game
Capcom isn't Sega or Paradox so I'm not worried about them putting out two hundred dollars of miserly DLC. I'm fine with paying for monster bundles and cosmetics like gunner armor skins, even if they got as greedy as Sega it'd be cheaper than what I paid to play MH3U.

HBG makes for some good shots

Post a quest here then user kun.

How do we know this won't be like all previous monhun games where the monsters/items are already in-game but locked behind so called (((DLC))) that is time-gated? This might be why they are delaying the PC release, so people won't be able to datamine it easily as they did with previously easily hackable handhelds/consoles. Anyone getting excited over this is retarded.

also Street Fighter doesn't count, fighting games are a captive genre of idiots who are only expected to buy one additional item for their tournament characters.

>that frenchman in the corner

So the leaked roster won't even be in the game at launch?

>ultimate celestial being tier
CB, IG, lBG
>god tier
the rest

>Capcom isn't Sega or Paradox so I'm not worried about them putting out two hundred dollars of miserly DLC.
It is Capcom we're talking about though.
Just the fact they abandoned their tried and true practice of re-releasing entire games for "super ultra ultimate" edition can only mean one thing - the new DLC model must have been seen as more profitable. So expect all the DLC prices to add up to more than $60.

No more revenue for Capcom. Monster Hunter will stop becoming a yearly series.

>also Street Fighter doesn't count
Why not?
Main Capcom franchise, like MH.
Used the same "turbo edition" re-release model MH did.
Made with the West in mind, like World.

But Street Fighter V is literally getting "Arcade Edition" pretty soon

>now
dlc costumes have been in since 4
what I meant is that adding new content that you get for free is better than buying a new game that makes the one you have obsolete
What's REALLy worrying is whether or not they'll actively try balancing weapons

Not really. The only thing that is stuck behind a paywall are alternate costumes and the Capcom Pro Tour special tournament stag.
All game updates are free; like anyone that owns SFV already is getting Arcade Edition for free. Stuff that would be a super edition, turbo edition, etc. are always being given out for free. Characters can be acquired for free too and to be honest the only people that buy the characters straight up are also the ones that aren't playing it a shitload.

Here's probably my second best.

Wish we could get more optimized runs on Diablos with more weapons other than DB so we can compare and see how busted DBs actually are

anyone else still a bit on the fence after having played the "beta"? lots of stuff i like, but lots i don't too. still pre-ordered because i know i'll play it no matter what, but some of the choices they made are very iffy feeling

I'm surprised at how fun they've managed to make the ranged classes. In many ways they actually feel more physical than the melee weapons.

No I liked everything except the radial wheel

Bullying Barroth is fun

Oh so Capcom is using the F2P model without it being F2P? Interesting.

What do you guys think of SocialDissonance/Shepard?

This dude has been streaming it on YouTube for like 12 hours a day

My biggest issue besides inconsistant (but ignorable) framerate is turning to zoom when a new monster enters. Hopefully theres a way to turn that off and i'm an idiot because it can be really frustrating.

I'm buying it on PC, PS4 version just runs like garbage.

never heard of em
stop shilling

I think he's never going to find pukei-pukei

I'm waiting to see how well they managed to balance stuff on release before buying it, I'm pretty sick of weapons being wildly overpowered/underpowered.

Oh joy, the 3 Fatalis locked behind a free timewall. Can't remember when was the last time Capcom pulled something this crazy... oh wait

I got that, its getting them off the ps4 is the problem

I doubt there'll be much of a correction. Who knows though. If they're apparently going to be patching in whole monsters, balance might be done a bit too.

You mean you're going to wait for other people's opinion on balancing before buying it?

Pretty much.

Like, you can't buy premium costumes with fight money(the points you earn in game by playing.) You can buy stages and characters with it though. A lot of the allure of the season passes are that you get the full season roster of characters, plus two additional costumes for each character and all the colors for those costumes(which was a season 2 change) instead of grinding out 100k fight money for each character.

They used to have it where you had to grind survival mode for colors but they changed it so you can buy colors with fight money at the start of season 2.

Premium costumes are also usually shit like the Halloween pack or the 30th Anniversary pack.

>knock-off Royal Ludroth
>mini Lavasioth
>T-rex
What happened to monster design in World?

Leaked roster might be base, or it might be base plus additions after that. It depends on what the leaker had access to.
Plug in a usb. Use options when looking at them

>photobombing

>no sessions found

All the original monsters will be in the first DLC pack. Hopefully it's not too expensive.

People are being optimistic that brand new stuff will be given for free/patched in, but it can also mean that monsters on disc or cut will be enabled after a patch. Time gated monsters if you will.

Don't trust the crapcom jew.

I still doubt the list being the whole thing even for base game. There's no small monsters for the volcano map.

They nailed it

Well yeah, why are you expecting me to buy the game blindly when the developers have a history of fucking up with this kind of thing? Are you retarded?

>Jagras is ludroth
>Anja is superior to Jho
>Lavasioth has been around since before you played
World design is as good as MH has always been except for 4th gen

Did they finally make GL not shit?

>Hide Menu
>doesn't hide the menu

Question is who are you going to trust? Anonymous or Anonymous? Or Youtube celebrity #2344? Or 名無し?

Well we had an official statement that balance in the beta isn't the same as in the full game. And this is a really old build so I dunno.

Capcom remembered that mainline monsters are never supposed to look like Frontier abominations.

Huntresses

never trust a weeb

Yes indeedy sir, it is fucking great now. We'll see how the fixed shelling damage plays out in meta once the full game is out I guess.

I'm not really convinced entirely either, but its still a little too early to tell. Uragaan and Lavasioth could have been guesses from shown monsters, but if so, they were fairly strong ones.

Good players and their gameplay footage.

Cutting barroth’s tail off with a poison knife was the highlight of my day

you're fucking retarded

So 名無し then? But 名無し #1 or 名無し #2?

>Anja is superior to Jho
Jho is silly looking, sure. But nobody could possibly believe that Anja isn't retarded looking

>Anja is superior to Jho
No fucking way

No the list is correct. Just that it's probably not the whole list.