Why did Jean-Bédel Bokassa crown himself Emperor of Central Africa? Was it old-fashioned dictatorial megalomania...

Why did Jean-Bédel Bokassa crown himself Emperor of Central Africa? Was it old-fashioned dictatorial megalomania? Did he have an heir? And what was his inspiration? Was it Napoleon? Was it wewuzzing? Or something else?

And furthermore: Are there any other instances in the 20th century where a republic reverted to monarchy, even if only temporarily?

No, it's just that EY YO HOL UP U WUZ SAYIN DAT HE WUZ KANG N SHIT OH SHIT NIGGA HE B CRAY AS FUCCCCC

white people say dey wuzn't
but dey wuz

>yfw you realize he was only doing it ironically as an attempt to deconstruct the very concept of a lavish monarch itself

Gee I don't know.

he was trying to legitimize his power in the most impressive way he could
> Did he have an heir?
yes, he had 15 wives and more than 50 sons
also the political party he founded is still active so his glorious dinasty may one day return

I said 20th century

Seriously this.

Why did William I crown himself Emperor of Germany? Was it old-fashioned dictatorial megalomania? Did he have an heir? And what was his inspiration? Was it Napoleon? Was it wewuzzing? Or something else?

He was a clever man, so this is probably true.

Nice try but William did not crown himself and he was already royalty.

Bokassa wasn't even son of a chieftain or something like that.

It was napoleon I think.

I suppose this counts.

Why did Victoria crown herself Empress of India? Was it old-fashioned dictatorial megalomania? Did she have an heir? And what was her inspiration? Was it Napoleon? Was it wewuzzing? Or something else?

He was a clever man who was drowning in money given by the French. Who he made watch this whole thing.

Why did Charlemagne crown himself Emperor of France? Was it old-fashioned dictatorial megalomania? Did he have an heir? And what was his inspiration? Was it Napoleon? Was it wewuzzing? Or something else?

he never crowned himself

>crown himself
>emperor of france

Why did Augustus crown himself Imperator and Princeps of Senate? Was it old-fashioned dictatorial megalomania? Did he have an heir? And what was his inspiration? Was it Caesar? Was it wewuzzing? Or something else?

Besides he did not crown himself "Emperor of Germany" but "German Emperor" instead, big difference in the implications and claims over territory.

Everyone was crowning themselves Emperors and she was still just a Queen.

blacks are not that different from arabs in term of their tacky taste

>Why did Charlemagne crown himself Emperor of France?
>not emperor of Rome
t. Achilles Stathopoulis

Charlemagne was Rex Francorum and Rex Longobardorum and was crowned as IMPERATOR AUGUSTUS i.e. Roman Emperor