>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

First for the dorkmoon

All the fingerboys must be busy making dorkmoons cry

Hi, I'm the nameless king and I delay literally every single attack for absolutely no reason!

biggest gripe about every "difficult" boss or enemy is this reason in dark souls 3.

maybe if you stopped fucking dragons your back wouldn't hurt and you would stop moving like a granny

>son of a king who hates dragons
>fucks dragons
Is this a social commentary on race traitorism?

kek

The reason is to fool people like you into pamic rolling and getting rollcaught.

after seeing everything that happened because of it, I blame autism

Yes, because aging by 3 years while waiting for every single attack the asshole does is good design. Very good!

The issue is that instead of just weirdly delaying an animation to be an impractical attack it would be much better to have the boss do a genuine feint.

This. Fucking this. The way you catch people out without it feeling like bullshit is not by fucking adding a 3 second wind-up to every single animation.

You would whine about it regardless.

Whatever ya reckon, mate.

>state my issue with the design
>No, that's not your issue with the design! You will never be happy!
????

Daily reminder that anyone who doesn’t want boss improvements is retarded and or a Fromsoft dicksucker. Nameless king would’ve been a great fight if he feinted for real. I can understand the delay in attacks if it was say, Yhorm who needs to move his impossibly large body

>Feints for real
>It looks weird delaying an animation!

Except that’s not delaying an animation, it’s filling the time before the animation with something else.

It's not feinting for real if he does it every time. If the nameless king really learned to fight like that then he'd have an opening in his defenses every time he attacked. It's just poor form to have it in the fight with no visual indicator.

>every time
That’s the thing, he should have enough of a move set to where he doesn’t need to feint every single time. He could switch things up if the devs cared enough

That's precisely what I'm saying.

To me shitters being fooled into rolling early and getting btfo was an improvement already.

>game is full of monstrosities and beasts
>all of them can fit into their armor
What did Miyazaki mean by this, is he implying someone smithed them armor tailored to their monster body?

He's probably implying that the size differences are meant to be a gameplay thing mostly.

Which is a bit of a weak excuse honestly, Bloodborne's humanoid bosses are only slightly taller than the player and it works just fine in that game.

So we still haven't gotten a trailer after the PSX ended? What the fuck?
Okay, now I'm disappointed.

>giant blacksmith
Yeah that's exactly what he's implying

So the giant blacksmith took measurements of every creature ingame? The dead giant blacksmith....right.
This is more likely and sadly, it is proven nonsensical by blood borne
>yhorm is slightly bigger than dancer if she stood straight

Meant to quote the second time

The implication was that somebody somewhere did. It's a superficial detail, don't worry about it so much.

>Dark Souls 2
>A a friend suggest I try Dex to see how fun it makes dark souls 2
>Go with a Falchion/fist build because fuck shields
>Gets told Falchion bleed is OP
>5 bosses in, and I haven't seen any bosses actually take bleed damage
Not only is this stupidly fucking easy, I also dont see the point in the Falchion over the rapier. Bleed literally never takes effect. Past the giant, pursuer, both Dragonknights in Heide, and still nothing that looks like a challenge. Are dex builds frowned upon because of how stupidly easy they make the game?

I try not to but after so many replays, it really got me thinking. I’ll just assume pontiff made them magic armor that fits them no matter what

To be fair, only the rapier is op on dex, while STR has Mace/Estoc. Curved swords and katanas are horrible for PvE

>falchion DS2
>bleed DS2
Whoever told you those things was either avvin a giggle or was really fucking dumb.

Bleed does jack shit in PvE, it's the same as Frostbite in 3, a small amount of flat damage and """"""stamina"""""" reduction making some bosses slightly easier to stagger, instead of 11 UGS swings they take 10.

If you wanna do Dex then powerstanced blacksteel katanas is where it's at

Dex builds don’t necessarily make the game stupid easy unless you use rapier, you still have to worry about dodging attacks from enemies that can’t be dex stunlocked. On top of that, a lot of people frown upon dex because they prefer using a weapon they like (visually) rather than just the “best” one. If From buffs the rapier Into infinity I still wouldn’t use it cause it’s an ugly ass fencing sword.
Also this, bleed was good in DS1 against certain bosses but not in the sequels at all. It won’t even matter in PVP since the meta is to two shot your opponent or one shot parry

STR builds bait people into 69.9% equip load memes so they tend to have a worse time overall. Only absolute shitters struggle with fofg/heides but nothing should prove too much of a challenge if you just manage stamina

>blacksteel katana
That is fucking late though.

Oh well, better start making my way to those Alonne knights then.

Gonna fuck up my retarded friend when I see him next tine. Or go full retard and make an unarmed character, punching my way to the Pursuer was pretty funny.

>when fashion souls puts you above 70%
Curse Miyazaki for making boss armors available for purchase, they’re too good to turn down

>That is fucking late though.
You could get it after beating 4 bosses.
Even if you leave Iron Keep as the last lord soul path, that still gives you everything past the lord soul areas and the DLCs which is around half the game or more

>you still have to worry about dodging attacks from enemies that can’t be dex stunlocked
>worry about dodging
>worry about a core mechanic that makes the game fun
Shields are fucking shit, and is part off why Bloodborne is a strictly superior game. Play without a shield and go full dodge master, and any of the DS games becomes 50 times more fun to play.

Yeah, but that is still late. I always prefer getting my primary weapon of choice ASAP.

When did I imply it wasn’t fun? I’m just saying you have to manage stamina for rolls and attacks with that shitty ADP stat. If you’ve got that down then you’re good to go

I used to do this in DS 1&2 then 3 completely fucked that idea over, felt like a swift kick in the nuts waiting so long to get the weapon I wanted

>4 bosses
>late
Nigga there are 41 bosses in the game, getting your main weapon on half way through 1/4th of 1/3 of the game is not late in any way shape or form.
If you really want to be a weeb that hard you can get Uchi without killing a single boss

>using uchi
>ever
Blasphemy in a game full of greatswords and hammers

these damn flamberge thralls are even worse.

The Flames have been kindled once more

I just got Dark Souls 3 and I'm really excited to start playing, so I'm thinking about what kind of build I'd like. I'm torn between miracles and pyromancies, what's more useful? Also, which infusions should I use if I'm going with high faith for miracles or divide the points between int and faith for pyro?

Pyromancy is infinitely more useful, unless you’re going to mix miracles with spellcasting, or miracles with melee

Pyromancy is way more fun, especially after you get chaos bed vestiges.

>can purchase the armor of most bosses in dark souls 3
>can't purchase the dark moonlight set after killing aldrich

curse miyazaki indeed.

>aldrich
I thought I was wearing his robes the whole time until I noticed they belong to lothric, who I haven’t even met. How the fuck did I get this set?
>can’t get Ornstein armor
Curse Miyazaki three times over

>can’t get Ornstein armor
But you can get his set in all 3 games and the DaS3 version has the plume?

When the fuck are they going to announce this stupid fucking game, for fucks sake?

No way, I killed the Dragonslayer and didn’t get shit for it, even went back to his area afterwards

Pyromancer is an excellent base class for ANY caster. Just run through NG as a pyro, then respec him into a miracle caster for ng+ as all good miracles are endgame-only.
Thus said, i love current miracle casters as well, with endgame stuff they are probably the best they've ever been in the series.

Lothric's set is found in a chest in Lothric castle.

Dragonslayer Armour =/= Dragon Slayer Ornstein. Same with Dragonslayer's Axe and Dragonslayer Greatbow.

Can you give a quick early game idea of how to do miracle/pyro/spell run for pve? I get stomped because magic seems so weak and having to balance FP with regular estus
>end game boss set found in a chest
That makes me feel like he himself won’t drop anything..
My mistake, I thought the armor was 3’s replacement of Ornstein

>if you really want to be a weeb that hard
>Making a dex build is being a weeb
Damn, how does it feel sucking so much dick, faggot?

>Can you give a quick early game idea of how to do miracle/pyro/spell run for pve
For all classes: save souls during your High Wall run, buy Dark Hand as fast as you can, it's even stronger on caster builds as it scales with fai/int. Saint-tree Bellvine increases cast speed when held in another hand.

Pyromancer: free Cornyx, then rush to Abyss Watchers, get down to Smouldering Lake where you will get virtually everything you need to annihilate the rest of the game (Witch Ring, Great Chaos Fire Orb, CBV from the demon king's soul).

Sorcerer: get Orbeck as fast as you can and bring him two scrolls from Farron Swamp. Get yourself 30 INT and buy Pestilent Mist, it's one of the most overpowered boss killers in the game, as well as Great and Great Heavy Soul Arrows, your bread and butter, extremely FP-efficent spells. Kill Dancer and Oceiros (both are nothing against a mix of pestilent mist and dark hand) and forge yourself MLGS, the best sorcerer weapon in the game. If you're feeling lucky, try to kill Friede and grab Murky Longstaff with Great Soul Dregs, an insanely powerful, spammable nuke.

Cleric: here things are getting tricky. You won't get your first good offensive miracle up to a fucking smouldering lake worm, and you won't get the best lighting spells until endgame. For the best cleric experience i just recommend to go with a pyromancer on ng then switch to a cleric on ng+. If you're hell-bent on a pure miracle ng run, grab Dorhys Gnawing, an excellent bleed+dark damage pve offensive miracle.

In terms of estus balance: don't be afraid of getting more blue flasks, ideally for a pyro and sorcerer you should have around 6, for miracle caster you can go full fuckface and leave only a few flasks for emergency heal while compensating the rest with blue flasks and some good healing miracle (Heal Aid is good on 60FAI as for its speed it restores almost 400HP, especially useful for invader). Also don't forget to utilize chime regen and chime of filianore.

Your other choices are the rapier which isn't even much of a dex weapon and 2 weapons you get the end of the last DLC

I’m planning on keeping my SL105 character to NG+ and respec into sorcerer so Should I dump int/faith 40/40 off the bat and keep the rest into dex to find the spells?
Thanks for the detailed help btw, I was feeling intimidated about a magic only run but it seems doable

Meh, I just prefer waiting with that area until later. But I guess.

>Weeb
I am just doing a Dex build, someone suggested darksteel katana as a good Dex weapon, and my Falchion is so shit I might as well be using my fist weapon.

Rapiers are gay as fuck.

Your point being?

I am not seeing anything weeb about Dex.

Also
>Rapier
>Not a dex weapon
So you are retarded as well?

>and so the bearer of the curse slayed his enemies with his rapier and..wait did he really use that gay ass sword?

Sorcerer needs 60INT only.
Miracle caster needs 60FAI.
Pyromancer needs 40/40INT/FAI.
Dex is not needed at all with sage ring, the only truly viable dex hybrid is dex/int with murky longstaff and 45 INT + dark sorceries. Otherwise just get enough str/dex for base weapon requirements and infuse them with the element of your choice.

It has like 40% scaling or some shit, this is DS2 we are talking about, you would get more damage but just going to 20 dex, them pumping faith for Sacred Oath

>ds2
>scaling
just make that shit raw and roll with robflynn

I only meant dex for the early areas before I have spells that can reliably kill enemies, but I see what you mean by just getting base. I imagine fire infusion is pretty solid for hollow enemies?
>120 levels to be a sorcerer and cleric
Goddamn did they make it hard this go around

>raw
>robflynn
For what possible reason would you do that?

For utilizing one of the best DPS strats that every second speedrunner was going with back in days?

Don’t reply to catposters
Ignore catposters

Nobody uses raw in 2. Raw ass was the early days of DS3 because infusions cockblock rob and flynn damage bonuses

If you're going into ng+ with your ng character, just transpose yourself and MLGS and fully upgrade it before jumping to new playthrough.
Fire weapon is not really needed through it will make a few sections easier.

What’s the soul for MLGS? I’ve probably eaten it already like the fatty soul spender I am. I did buy yuria’s Spells and the dark hand so that’s a plus

>Nobody uses raw in 2
Raw is incredibly widespread in DS2 for a whole array on weapons, especially on low-mid levels thanks to DS2 scaling being fucked to hell and back.

Oceiros.
Another option is farming immolation tinder from flame witches in Irithyll.

Will do, can I ask which pyromancies are best? I think I’ve given cornyx all of the tomes up to carthus arc

There are VERY few weapons that use raw and those are ones with literally no scaling. Mundane was the meta shit for a while before getting nerfed into the ground.

These days you run a rob flynn build in which case you don't want raw because thats literally removing 1 ring worth of damage even worse if you slap on Sacred Oath
Or you run a elemental infused + elemental buffed weapon for maximum AR
Raw has been absolute dogshit for ages, scaling is bad but even with a 50% weapon you still gain 75 extra damage from your chosen stat, as opposed to raw infusions that usually give around 60 extra damage. On top of this raw makes rob and flynn weaker.

Elemental + elemental is a thing
Mundane was a thing
No infusion robflynn + weapon buff is a thing
Raw is not a thing unless you like handicapping yourself, in which case you could just as easily use a +7 weapon instead of a +10 one

I dun goofed, I must’ve sold my pyro hand at some point so I’ll have to save cornyx again for a new one

Installing DS3 again, how's the activity? It's going on sales soon, right?
>check hours played
>666
spoopy

>can I ask which pyromancies are best
Great chaos fire orb, chaos bed vestiges, black flame, black serpent. Seething chaos is situationally useful. Fire surge is top tier of top tiers for pvp. Boulder Heave is adorable and fun.

>all that fp and hp
what level is this?

Activity is pretty good, CE users are still uncommon and you occasionally run into a fellow dsg shitlord
It should be on sale soon

Bought most of them, nice. Should I kill cornyx for his flame so I can start with it in NG?

Excellent

>all that fp
thats just 30 attunement if my eyes don't fail me

>Should I kill cornyx

S-sorry..I’m just too lazy to save him again, but I guess I have to anyway to reinforce my flame. He said I had to give the izalith tome to a woman but he’s the only pyro teacher, was he making a reference or is that actually a thing?

>only pyro teacher
someone didn't explore the irythill dungeon

Every inch of it, except for a cell with someone inside I never got the key for. I never went back after dealing with those nightmare curse mobs

well, guess what that person does
for the key you need to go trough the profaned capital, same way you would go to save sieg

thats a pyro master as well as a way to safely adquire the dark miracles that makes irina go bananas

One of the few stupid things I enjoy in this game.
Yes, I used CE for Moonlight Longsword

>Every inch of it, except for a cell with someone inside I never got the key for
get the fucking key you dunce

I’ve been through the profaned area, I have a jailbreakers key and an old cell key but don’t recall finding the doors for either of them.

>Moonlight Longsword
Does the R2 still shoot magic?

>anri’s straight sword
Is this a meme weapon or what? I genuinely don’t understand the mystery of it