/fog/ - Fallout General

>Fallout 1 and 2
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy
>Babbys first modding guide
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/fallout-new-vegas-sigourns-recommended-mods.114486/

>Fallout 4
>General Information, Mod Recommendations etc:
pastebin.com/2W7Dhy69

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B45SllNAhiQscHhxR28tZ1FwNTA

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>OP Pasta:
pastebin.com/raw/dFMpLWAX

>/aco/ thread:
>Pre-war thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HjASHR7F79Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't have words for how fucked up the inventory is for this game. They could have simply added the mod names to the end of the base weapon string, like this:

.44 pistol - Subnosed
Laser Musket - Short
Pipe Revolver Rifle - Short
Pipe Rifle - Short Bolt-Action
Pipe Sniper Rifle - Bolt Action

That would have made sorting so much easier. Is there any mod that does something like that? I'm aware of the mods that add tags in front of items, but that's not enough.

Could I get a hand with some trouble?

I downloaded Robco certified Tech Robo shit mod for New vegas, it works blah blah

but the vendor you get in the Sink for the OWB DLC is totally bugged, you can only talk to him once then you never can again.

What I wanna know, is what do I need to fiddle around in with GECK to fix it?

>Try to load mods in Geck
>get this

I remember why I havent touched NV modding in 5 years now, its all coming back

How are the tools for Fo4? I might pick it up when its cheap or something

>"what's that? don't like that you can't be evil in the base game? WELL HERE'S A DLC WHERE YOU HAVE TO BE EVIL OR YOU MISS OUT ON MOST OF THE CONTENT!"
>"ALSO RAID YOUR OWN SETTLEMENTS FUCK YOU!"

baby, quit raiding my heart

funny you should post that error in particular
cause it happened to me while i was trying to edit things in fo4's creation kit

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Well if you didnt know, it should just be editing 1 line in the GECK/CK .ini

i did but thanks
u too

A post-apocalyptic world is just like Africa today, just swap ghouls with starving negros and radiation with ebola

>not edited to say you've gained karma

So hey, you got any experience fiddling around with NPCs and Dialogue in NV? I got a problem a few posts up that I could use a hand with

>"ALSO RAID YOUR OWN SETTLEMENTS FUCK YOU!"
If you need any other indication that Nuka World was a complete afterthought, this is it. It makes absolutely no sense to build up settlements only to destroy them with raiders.

none what so ever
sorry pal
if your referring to the robco owb vendor i think i remember have problems with that too
dunno if i ever got it fixed

you don't have to attack your own, unless you have settled every single spot

So just don't build settlements until you're done with Nuka World
You don't even need to waste the Charisma points for Local Leader thanks to the Wasteland Warlord perk

It didnt, Im sure its a quick simple fix but I have NO idea when it comes to working with NPCs I never touched them myself

Thanks for the acknowledgement and reply tho, hopefully someone will come along with the tidbits I need to unfuck this stupid faggots shit

I want to play FO4, I have the base game but not the DLC, and there's no way I'm buying it.

Should I:
- Install on steam and play without dlc

- Pirate everything. Are most mods worth using on nexus?

- Kill myself

the only thing you to buy from the dlc is MAYBE Far Harbor, everything else is just assets that should have been in the base game

>everything else is just assets that should have been in the base game
memes

the contraptions and wasteland workshops definitely should have been in the base game, there's a reason as to why they've had such a negative reception

He's not exactly wrong though. The settlement like wasteland workshop or Vault-Tec shit was literally selling vanilla assets. Some parts with new functionality. People were doing that even before Bethesda put it up for sale.

I understand that it should have been in the base game, but is it worth pirating the game to get them? FO4 is pretty empty on content as it is, if they added more stuff I'd like to have it I think

>the contraptions and wasteland workshops definitely should have been in the base game
I would accept this argument if both of them weren't mostly shit you literally don't need to run/manage a settlements well.

Shit to tame animals, build arenas, and fucking play marbledrop, are not settlement essentials.

The only useful thing in either of them was the planters, and the larger generator, in wasteland workshop

>there's a reason as to why they've had such a negative reception
Yes, there was, it was because people didn't want to pay 10 dollars for a bunch of misc shit that wasn't useful.

Having to have charisma to talk your way out of everything you can in 4 makes more sense than have 1 charisma and 100 speech like in NV and 3.

Prove me wrong

And inb4
>There aren't a lot of ways to talk yourself out of stuff in 4 because no rpg elements XD!!

Stop, you're missing the point to try and get a jab in.

>charisma and speech skills are the same thing

t. retard

Who would win:
An airship contructed by the east coast brotherhood of steel using a reactor taken from rivet city and contructed over a period of many years with a fleet of vertibirds and a small of army of power armored troops backing it
Or
Some big bang bois

Yea you try create a high quality robot building robot mechanic with a cool 5 hour questline that isn't filled with bugs and stupid memes like most quest mods.

Charismatic people are the ones that people want to believe and follow, or listen to.

Case and point. Dusty Rhodes and the Ultimate Warrior.

They talked absolute fucking nonsense and yet, they're some of the best beloved wrestlers because even though everything coming out of the mouthes was complete bollocks, they were so charismatic everyone went along with them anyway.

Did you not play Automatron on release? I remember you couldn't even craft Jezebel because of the crafting glitches.

Reminder that these are the only good companions in Fallout 4 and if you like any others you have garbage taste.

>Danse
>Deacon
>Nick
>Hancock

Thank you.

Not that guy, but beong able to hack robots through the ether was fucking the most hilarious thing ever

What really bothers me is that some of the hardest charisma checks in 4 should logically have been luck checks.
>that mr. gutsy in the general atomics galeria wants your idea
>you bluff and say here
>MALFUNCTION: ID ACCEPTED
>talking to that intercom at the library to get access, wants your identification number
>take a fucking guess
>it works
These really have nothing to do with charisma at all

Wasteland workshop added deathclaw settlers, arena mechanic and concrete building, which pretty much made settlement building more advanced

Contraptions added logic gates, manufacturing and made settlement building even more advanced
>Vault tec workshop
Ageed, but it added cool new building parts.

>Vagina bad
>Penis good
>RHEWRGWERG

You for got one!

Who would win:
an extensive network of settlements all owning fuck my shit up artillery with huge range and destructive power
Or
the hindenburg but made of scrap

>When you get to the point where every Super Mutant group that raids your settlements has rocket launchers

ur entire post is absolute fucking nonsense senpai

is it weird i miss albino scorps being giant murder tanks?

sensible_chuckle.swf
Check you installed the mod right. Mods that add a lot of dialogue can cause issues if there are overlaps and conflicts. I'm sure if a large mod like Robco certified had major conflicts there would be a patch out somewhere for it. I wouldn't know I never used it.
I prefer whenever possible to use FNVEdit instead, it's much more convenient to use if you can do edits with it (you can't do everything with it but you can do a lot, and what you can do is much easier than using the GECK).
Uncheck everything when you load data (double click all the DLC plugins to deselect them), then select just the plugin you want, double click it, make sure it's the active file, then hit OK and wait for it to load. It should automatically load FalloutNV.esm and any masters it detects the plugin requiring. I don't know why the DLC plugins are always selected by default, and don't know any shortcut key to unselect all.
Oh disregard my comment about finding a patch for it, you might be shit out of luck, dialogue bugs can be a nightmare to dig out. Also it might be an activator issue too and the dialogue is ok but just isn't triggered for some reason. It just works.
Why'd you post her? Now I need some alone time.
>skill dumping with no regard to base attributes is good RPG mechanics
t. retard
Big bang boys and tribals always win.

>mr "unnecessary plottwist that makes me unusable if you side with the faction I represent"
>le funny drugman
>good
maybe you should get your brain checked

>Kill them
>Free rocket launchers for settlers
>They fuck shit up for you all you have to do is appear

>logic gates
does anyone even use these?

Its really not.
If he said Donald Trump you'd probably have gotten it.
Man is nothing but hyperbole and sound bites but yet she still somehow manage to be elected president.

Nigger, if you side with the Brotherhood's ideals then it should be no issue putting a bullet in Danse's head.

You're not a hypocrite are you?

>tfw just shot up Goodsprings in the pouring rain

Clearing out the Mojave sure is fun!

dead people make bad companions though

>Why'd you post her? Now I need some alone time.
Bored.
Hope this helps

I really need to play with sliders to see if I can get lips like hers

>Wasteland workshop added deathclaw settlers, arena mechanic and concrete building
console menu
console menu
vanilla asset flagged as playable and added to menu instead of unplayable

Stop being a fucking hipster and play fallout 4

>Having to have charisma to talk your way out of everything you can in 4 makes more sense than have 1 charisma and 100 speech like in NV and 3.
>
>Prove me wrong

Richard Nixon. -3 Charisma, apparently 1700 speech.

no u

Well yeah. Charisma was a dump stat.

Nixon lost to Kennedy the first time he ran, a man with boundless chrarisma.
Nixon only won to get into office because he was running against Hubert Humphrey who was even less charismatic than Nixon

She grew up just fine.
That midriff though.
I'll be in my bunk.

youtube.com/watch?v=HjASHR7F79Q
Remember this?
>that fucking nariation
>settlers cheering and not going hostile

Wasn't referring to his winning the election.

I was referring to him going to China - after constantly being this side of yelling "WAR" regarding all things Communist - and negotiating a (at the time) favorable deal between China and the U.S.

In other words, it's the equivalent of Trump going to Mexico City and talking the leadership there into giving him what he wants. Without any violence.

-3 Charisma, 1700 Speech.

The big bangy boys since artillery is the King of Battle and the BoS were dumb enough to let me set all those pieces up in the first place

>nate's va probably did cost more than production of the dlc

Charisma gets you through the door after that speech is what makes people listen

Preston pays raiders to raid your settlements.

Fuck off.

>X6-88 casually states that he could easily kill everyone aboard the Prydwen without a second thought
>Isn't actually seen defending the Institute or attacking the Prydwen if you choose the BoS ending

>Charisma gets you through the door after that speech is what makes people listen
This.

High charisma is like having the appearance of whatever trending supermodel, male or female, is currently owning the attention of fucking everyone without even trying. Low charisma is like being a scar-faced leper, without the leprosy.

High speech is like being a Thespian and convincing people to do things with words alone. Low speech is like talking on Veeky Forums.

He actually is in the Institute during the attack assuming you didn't send him to some settlement

Hey guys.

I'm starting a new run on FNV. Any good quests/new lands mods to share ?

Beyond the Boulderdome

^Don't listen to this moron

I didn't send him anywhere after completing Synth Retention. After that I went for Mass Fusion and never saw him again until a casual raid on Libertalia where he was fighting a pair of Knights.

I still think it would have been neato at some point to return to the Prydwen, only to find that the usual guards are dead, and maybe one half-dead guy tells you what's going on, starting a quest to eliminate X6 while he's wreaking havoc on the main deck.

Why bother with that old crap? Play F4 instead

What sort of stuff do you think Slavers have stuck up Cait's bum and vagina? I imagine they've stuck anything from baseball bats to fusion cores up in there.

>Don't say why is bad
>Don't offering any other mods for the person to use
>just insult

Its a DLC sides quest mod with the most balanced companions in all of NV mods and has several good lore times in to 1 and 2.

>you

>NVbabby who's mad for some reason constantly falseflagging

Why bother with that old crap? Play assassins creed origins instead

I can't deal with not being able to save on command AND having to talk everywhere.
What makes me less of a faggot, a mod where I can save when ever I like or being able to fast travel in survival

>DLC Sized
In terms of overall map size? Certainly. Most of it's empty, though.
>balanced companions
And if you need a DLC-sized mod to get them, they better have a damn good story behind them. Pity that one is just a guy with a cat, and the other makes no bleeding sense. Hell, she shows up in a Wild-Wasteland intro!
>several good lore times
Which are hit by poor presentation and unexplained logical leaps, combined with situations noone would consider physically possible outside of, say, Old World Blues' brand of SCIENCE!!!!!

Not to mention that the mod itself has god-awful models and textures, terrible pacing, and some horrendous bugs that likely will never be fixed - including one which makes returning to the Mojave physically impossible.

Boulder Dome takes the flaws of its predecessor and inverts them - where Dog City was a storyless mess in a maze of corridors of a few apartment buildings, Boulder Dome is a sprawling nothing with frayed threads of story that snarl and tangle and halfway through disappear.

Thanks for the reply user, I settled on using the force vendor command to deal with the NPC instead, its messy but it works.

NCR are a bunch of fags.

no you

Let's see:

Obviously, there's the Someguy Series mods, like the Bounties questlines. Also, there's Russel, the Inheritance, and a few other sub-mods that fit in there.

There's Tales from the Burning Wastes, focusing on a more tongue-in-cheek sort of dry, dark humour and a surprising amount of new craftable items. Plus at least two player homes.

Autumn Leaves is supposed to be pretty good. Haven't tried it yet, though.

>NCR
>Not the literal homos in the legion.

Caeser and Graham were brokeback lovers.

Well, guess It's time for the Institute Nora run.
Post number determines my SPECIAL.

Replaying OWB, reading all the terminals, all the beautifully put together dialogue. Just blows me away. Its all so funny, Id have thought I wouldnt enjoy the DLC again after playing it a few times before but I only ended up enjoying the subtleties even more.

>Its all so funny
>Penis toes
>Sonic ejactulation
>xDDDD

Autumn Leaves is good, the characters are nice and the dialogue is well thought out and put together.

HOWEVER.
Its entirely dialogue based, essentially. There is no "gameplay" per se outside of playing detective.

Those are the crude bits, sure, I dont like them either but the rest is pretty well done.

When I first played OWB, it really bothered me how nonsensical all these people were. Then it dawned on me that theyd been locked up in a dome for 200+ years and had long since gone crazy.

>When Travis talks about the Brotherhood appearing at the police station and all you can hear after some mumbling is a muffled "Oh God we're gonna die!"
Always cracks me up.

New Vegas has the most overrated dlc in gaming. Automatron blows Dead Money, Honest Hearts and Lonesome road out of the water and Far harbor blows all NV dlc out of the water.

Dr Venture voicing the scientist too dumb to differentiate between O and Zero was enough to make the DLC worth it to me.

I think Automatron is great, but holy shit son, that's a fucking stretch.

I hated the dome itself. all that time to get in, and everyone is dead and there's just a pointlessly huge dungeon.

Man, the songs might be a bit repetitive but i really like travis
Still haven't done that one "confidence" quest

>Man, the songs might be a bit repetitive
Which is hilarious to see someone say given that Diamond City Radio has like twice the music selection of either GNR or Radio New Vegas

The guy whos a militant anti commie who was a huge nerd in HS and is extremely bitter about it also cracks me up, I think hes my favorite.