/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Kill Yourself For the Perfect Boots Edition

Previous link in the endless chain: >Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Don't miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved
Hard Mode doesn't change enemy AI, it adds higher Stagger/ Knockdown resistances and increases Stamina consumption and Health damage recieved. More info about it in the wiki. Recommended for NG+

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

====================================

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw
gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/74291952

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj
pastebin.com/XqfsTx3G
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/mx95PT0w
reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg
pastebin.com/338KVa5X

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

Fucking zombie general.

Is there any gaming show or conference left this year for Itsuno to announce his game?

I don't think so, no.

>mage pawn dies because it heals me instead of using the potion I gave it against petrification
"Ok lets hire another one"
>newly hired mage pawn decides to jump off the cliff while i was looting a chest

It seems like you cannot escape from pawn stupidity.

It's what makes them so adorkable, though.

>Oh? Got stomped on by an eliminator? Let me Anodyne that tiny bit of damage away instead of casting Frigor on the bastard.

This is why I don't like medicant primaries, even for healsluts. You can always get an emergency heal with pawn commands.

Anyone ever play Dragon Quest Heros II? Combatwise, how similar is it to Dragon's Dogma?

What is it about eliminators that cause Pawn brains to shut down? They'll rescue me from anything else, but as soon as I get stepped on they just casually start strolling around doing nothing.

I ask that you, as the world's new Seneschal, use it now to vouchsafe freedom to your weary servant.

Sorry, Savan, too busy using it to kill myself every time I get a tagilus's miracle or wakestone instead of holy cuisses. You know how it is.

I've been savescumming across the Everfall for two weeks straight now and I only have nine chests left.

It's sort of unreal. I might actually be able to start playing the rest of the game again by Wednesday.

Should I go assassin, ranger or magic archer? Which one is more fun? which oe is more powerful?

Oh good. The general is back. Just in time.
I'm relatively new to the game, and I'm curious about speed-run mode. Is it only something I should consider when I've gone through the game at least once that way I know what to expect? And I plan to do it at a higher level.
I'm only level 53 and about to take care of Grigory

All depends on what you prefer to be honest.
I tried magick archer and found it boring, same with ranger. I really like assassin.
And I think strength is totally reliant on what weapons you have equipped.

Sucks how the best possible ending for the Arisen is suicide.

Magick archer is probably the most inherently powerful if you use its cheesier abilities (stacking magick rebalancer with magick bow abilities, combining immolation and thousand kisses while climbing on weakpoints), but for more casual play, each can get pretty powerful—assassin gets dire gouge, which is probably your highest climbing DPS (within a single skill, anyway); ranger gets tenfold arrow, which is probably your highest DPS physical ranged attack; and magick archer has high DPS physical melee and magick ranged attacks. Strider is also worth mentioning as having probably the highest melee non-climbing DPS skill in the game, brainsplitter.

It really depends more on your playstyle. Assassin generally excels at close range counters and climbing, ranger excels at staying back, magick archer excels at a close-to-medium range and is probably the most flexible, and strider excels at close range straight up murder. All of them but magick archer can also use consumables to drastically increase their ranged damage (blast arrows), and of course all classes have access to stackable consumables for increasing damage in general (conquerer's/demon's periapts).

It's pretty hard to go wrong with a yellow vocation—even an assassin, which in general seems to have less powerful skills than a fighter or strider, manages to be relatively close to the rest of the yellows in theoretical damage output.

Magick Archer can make the DLC content pretty easy.

More like 9 hours.
;_;