/twg/ - Total War General

Black Ships Edition

>Warhammer
youtube.com/watch?v=qLSezK6_N5w
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/
totalwar.com/blog/warhammer-ii-development-update (NEW)
tl;dr: December FLC w/ new game mode, Tomb Kings in January, Norsca/RoR in May

>History
store.steampowered.com/app/694880/Total_War_ROME_II__Empire_Divided/
store.steampowered.com/app/712100/Total_War_Saga_Thrones_of_Britannia/

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

Previous: Campaign posting and screenshot sharing encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3YOYlgvI1uE
gamasutra.com/view/news/311106/Creative_Assembly_opens_up_about_Total_War_Warhammer_dev_issues.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for Norsca never ever

Moar vampires soon

Ceasar should've killed ALL of the Gauls

>PC not good enough for anything past Shogun2
Just fuck my shit up

Who's excited for Thrones of Britannia!

depends how good they make muh shield wall

Stupid question, are feral carnosaurs when they aren't a mount any good? Are they just for monster hunting? How does user use them? Do you use them?

do i post the roll charts ?

When playing Empire in SFO, is it considered plebian to select the option that stops empire states from warring with each other?

They're one of the best hammers in the game, especially when temple guard is the anvil.

I personally welcome them warring with each other as it weakens them for confederations or gives me Casus Beli to conquer them for breaking the Emperors Peace

Yeah he only got about 1/4 of them, shame.

I still fucking hate that Transports are so OP in R2, it's pants on head retarded that a proper military fleet can't just scatter them.

posting charts in case someone ask for it later one

shogun

>no Thrones of Britannia chart yet
How will I decide in 6 months

medieval

Gonna start my first ever FOTS campaign after I'm done with finals. What faction should I join if I want to rooty tooty point and shooty some nips?

rome

Please leave!
This is a traditionalist only general.
/twg/ stands for Traditional Warfare General.

medieval 2

>owning 4k monitors only
>Shogun 2 doesn't support 4k
>tfw too rich to play Shogun 2

empire

napoli

shogun 2

AHHHHH ROME 2

attila

Rollan

warhammer

and warhammer 2

youtube.com/watch?v=3YOYlgvI1uE

A Hind-D!?

I have an itch to play DEI. Anyone got any campaign ideas?

Is there any downside for going entirely Temple Guard instead of Saurus Warriors as Mazda given the cheaper upkeep?

>Elves assassinate my Alberic de Bordeleaux
>suddenly saddled with 10k deficit because cant support my Grail Knights
>forced to disband a whole stack
Man what a fucking asshole

just play windowed you fucking pleb

>it ain't grudging starts playing

The balance bar is fucking drunk. Like it's going to be hard, but I think I can do it.

Prove it, faglord

I can't while you're watching.

Nah, its the only time where TG are actually better off than regular Saurus. Mazdamundi, 9 TG, 4 fireleech bolas, 2 ancient stegos, 1 saurus on carno, 1 feral carno and 2 horned ones is the ideal Mazdamundi stack for me.

Man Ulthuan is wayyy to close to Estalia and the Southlands, really removes any sense of scale or adventure.

On a side note, I've been tinkering with reshade 3.1 presets, anyone have any good suggestions that won't trigger "AHHHHH MY EYES" poster?

You are gonna get so fucking wrecked

Wardancers eat Empire infantry and Wildwood Rangers eat empire infantry alive and your low armor skirmishers will get trounced. Less handgunners and more arty and cav v welfs lad

How do I beat high elf monsters with vampire counts? The amount of dragons and phoenixs the ai spam sis criminal.

Does VC get any anti-magic or serious anti-large? I know SFO gives you Grave Guards w/ Scythes but idk.

The only anti large that I can see is blood knights and spearmen but we both know spearmen are garbage. blood knights are much better but they can't win 1 to 1 and unless I make an army entirely of blood knights this shit is gonna be painful

Cool, thanks.

Yeah you're gonna need like 4, maybe even 6 Reiksgard for this. My armies usually go

1 lord
1 hero
5 infantry of the line
4 handgunnners
4 reiksgard
2 outriders (who would be mostly useless here)
3 Artillery (at least 2 pieces of which are anti infantry)

If you have Volkmars unique skills filled out, Flagellants might actually be GOOD here because of that 50% ranged resist as well, though wardancers would probably eat them alive

I know that terrorgheists do great AP anti large in multiplayer, not sure how theyd do in a campaign army
Your only other options is lords on undead dragons

patch when? Tommorow because its 13th?

>he doesn't know

w-what

user, I...

Are you some kind of idiot?

No Norsca/RoR's until May
Tomb Kings all but confirmed for January. We'll probably get another balance update somewhere around then as well.

Nothing until next year, basically.

I think he means Reprisal you dweeb

gamasutra.com/view/news/311106/Creative_Assembly_opens_up_about_Total_War_Warhammer_dev_issues.php

>thinking we're going to get anything before January

Nothing until next year. No patches, no content. De nada

You've gotta be fucking kidding me. Was just these goddamn heroes left and my nicks broke from army losses.

fuck norsca and fuck RoR. I just want my foundation patch.

Infinitely salty

Rollin

>Playing R2 with 4tpy
>Decide I'm going to try and space my wars out with big bouts of peace in between
>get harassed by Carthage AND Epirus for some reason
>while I'm dealing with them, fucking barbars come down to try and swipe my northern settlements
>takes me over 10 turns but I finish my business with Carthage and Epirus and look north
>proceed to just sack and sit on his two settlements while the faggot begs for peace
>I've been sacking the same two settlements for almost five years now
>I just kill the rebels when they pop up
>I don't fucking understand how this place has any population at all at this point

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS

Hey. Hey. You. Yeah, pssst. You.

You got one of those with all the subfactions?

nah sorry

Triplex acies
Weighted flank
Steppe nigger bow cav and lances

Man, I wish there was a 'close to victory' type buff for moral for situations exactly like this. I get routing when there are a ton of men on the field and things start going wack; you see your buddy running and decide to join him...

but when down to the last 2-3 squads left, they should start gaining moral based on the percentage left of the enemy.

As a SFO VC player, I've come so close to losing a few matchs - but then just run between routing squads abusing Invocation+Hunger. Sometimes if the enemy would just stop letting me chase down their routing dudes and turn around, I'd die.

>SFO

Yeah, I like badass heroes and elites in my fantasy games.

Watching supposedly powerful dragons and vampires get torn up by t1 spearmen just doesn't float my boat.

you could always get good instead of installing cheats

THE DAY IS OURSSSSSSSS

But getting good doesn't accomplish what I want. That's significantly more boring.

>each roster has a significant weakness, so you have play a very particular way to make your faction any good

Yeah, no. I play the game for the fun and the battles, not so I can cookie-cutter my armies and play each fight the same way. I'd rather have more options to play with.

also I'm not so insecure that I'm worried that internet strangers think I'm cheating in a SP game

What would make you forgive CA for the recent screw ups, /twg/?

I'd forgive them if they actually implemented land battles at sea by literally just making 4 new maps: black arc map, island map, magically frozen sea map and huge ship map.

But I'm probably asking too much. We're getting The Laboratoryâ„¢, as the infinitely wise CA knows that's where the real fun is at.

>10 hours a day
Bullshit, unless his mom his enabling him by constantly cleaning.

except that's not true for anyoen sans dwarfs

>only learned about TW:W about a month ago
>still need to finish the campaign with every race and complete all quests
>then mini-campaigns

I'll be happy if they just have stuff figured out by May, like they said. I would seriously like naval battle maps when I get to 2 tho, not enough naval warfare in 1 to tick me off.

The Laboratory was basically intel paying CA tonnes so people buy high graphics cards
>10 hours a day is hard
What do you do at your weekends, 24 hours in a day, 4 hours for preparing an eating meals, 8 to sleep, that leaves 12 hours to do other things

>intel paying CA tonnes so people buy high graphics cards
>Intel
>Graphic cards

Nigga u wot. Like they make some laptop GPU and integrated GPU but they're absolute shit and never be able to run anything like TW

>10 hours a day
Nigga I could do that and still hold down a part time job. Unless you are explicitly a neet your shit is weak. Also
>he's dressed
>room is clean
>wearing socks

Fake an gay.

>Empire Divided announced
>Looks fucking lame
>CA announces that they are going to add 4k support to Rome with Empire Divided
>Think "Oh well, at least I can give Attila another try"
>Download it, start it
>Realize they have added 4k support to Rome but not Attila

Are.
They.
Fucking.
Retarded?

don't they own nvidia?

No.
AMD owns ATI but Intel doesn't own Nvidia.

But why you like tho?

>be vampires
>be playing every match the same way: mass zombies; dodge arty; be hyper-aggressive, hero snipe
>constantly seeing red from the computer playing 'super micro: catch me if you can' with the ranged cav

>be Bretonnia
>peasants are ass
>literally every match is 'waste peasants as anvil, hammer over and over with big cav'

>be any race without artillery
>get fucked by ALWAYS having to play the aggressor because the computer won't come to you unless you have at least 1 piece of artillery

Fuck off. Each faction having access to at least 1 unit of: linemen, anti-large, ranged infantry&cavalry, artillery, cavalry, flying & monster makes for much more fun battles.

Sure, give the VC the absolute shittiest ranged units & artillery. But you know what? Fuck anyone who thinks an entire empire of any sort would never adopt working strategies because 'that's not the way it's down around here, son'

ACCURATE ARMY RECRUITMENT WHEN
Pre marian armies should have massive upkeep costs thus only being in war
Levies in Mediveal 2 unless you're byzantine

Should have edited it to have the head of Will Ferrel
Vampires can be heavy cav with blood knights, and black knights as light cav, flying spam, march of the skellingtons
Brettonia has foot squires in vanilla to use as an anvil instead of peasants
>races without artillery are fucked
Have you tried using skirmishers or just surrounding the enemy then boxing him in
Anyway just wait until tomb kings to have a fun undead game

Define? I'm working on a 'realism' mod that tries to make things more like having a real army, based around 4-day turns.

Slows down the game a lot and seems to keep the computers alive much longer. About half the current move distance seems to work wonders on the AI: they keep garrisons, will adopt numerous stances, and don't beelining your inner settlements. Combined with 90% reduced replenishment, it's been a fun campaign so far.

My only issue is I need to tweak recruit times/upkeep/build times to match everything else.

>Fuck anyone who thinks an entire empire of any sort would never adopt working strategies because 'that's not the way it's down around here, son'

The Vampire Counts don't have ranged or artillery because virtually every single unit in the army is unbreakable and causes fear. If they had anything half decent at range as well then they'd be completely busted.

Wouldn't that require the Laboratory mode to be worth playing first?

The only people who will play that for more than 10 min are youtubers and those already have high-end cards

>People that complain about Norsca
Dwarves can go get fucked though.

No, they just don't care about Attilla because nobody bought it, despite being the best Veeky Forumsfag title in the series.

Eh. I dunno. Lore is cool and all, but sometimes I just want to watch dozens of different fantasy units going to town. Undead beastmen, dwarves, imperial units? That's all cool by me, and makes 'sense'.

That's the problem with playing a SP game built around MP balance. Playing on a harder difficulty/using AI difficulty mods makes it much harder to terrorbomb the AI. And I don't find that strat fun anyway.

I dunno. Sometimes I want to break the lore because I like to be a fag and roleplay my own nation. Armed Bretonnian peasants? Maybe I'm a knight who actually cares!

It's a game, and games are about fun. If I want the 'vanilla' experience, I just disable mods and go play some quick MP matches.

Fall of the Samurai is best

Rolling because I'm finding it hard to keep going as vlad in lustria because of fucking tyrion and his elf reich, dwarves are nothing compared to this bastard.

when do you plan to upload
>4-day turns
every turn is 4 days, how did you change build times

Fighting against the Vampire Counts in a campaign would be horrendous if they had access to all the tools in the box on top of un-re-deadable infantry and monsters. People seem to think that the single player exists in a vacuum and only multiplayer gets affected by busted armies, but in reality somebody playing the campaign is also going to have to deal with that brokenness as well.

Granted the AI is a bag of rocks so you can do it, but it'd be a lot more of a grind and definitely less fun.

Also, Vamp counts simply don't HAVE any artillery or ranged units on TT, and this IS a licensed product.

I actually have a prototype uploaded. I've been sick as a dog the last couple days, so haven't done anymore yet. 'Realistic Movement Overhaul' is the name. Basically cuts the basic moverange to about 50% & moverange is based on what your army is composed of. Arty has a base 900 AP, while cavalry has 1200.

The early game is so much more fun IMO, and the middle game I feel like I have a reason to make non-arty armies; pure cavalry armies; etc.

Doesn't Bretonnia have some units that never existed in WHFB because their actual roster was too small?