/xgg/ - Xenogames General #26

Previous Thread: ========== Xenoblade 2 ==========

>Link to official JP twitter:
twitter.com/xenobladejp?lang=en

>XB2 Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Ygax_f4e5a8

>XB2 Direct with world & gameplay explanations
youtube.com/watch?v=0Hb0KmH2WBQ

>XB2 Story trailer (medium spoilers, at your own risk)
youtube.com/watch?v=DOQ9q4HDb0U

>XB2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XB game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/MRMxvWHH

>XB2 Blade, Combat and Quests FAQ
pastebin.com/yvMbe5rW

>XB2 Blade combo elemental chart
imgur.com/a/OiBPb

>XB2 Info Doc. Please help contribute to it.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EG0UpsgjhISr6_isiUpiWMU9qcXj6t8wWB0_LAiH1yE/edit#gid=0

========== Xenoblade X ==========

>XBX Links pastebin (faq, docs etc)
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY

==============================

Please mark your spoilers properly, anons.
If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14603863
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How is blade damage calculated? Is it with ether or with strength? most blades have two ether and two strength based driver attacks so I'm really confused what I should maximize for biggest blade damage.

outrageous tits niggas oh lawd

>Spot some fuccboi unique called "whatever Eugene"
>He's in some absolutely dumb as fuck location to battle (high up on a tiny ledge)
>Level 85 big dino bird flying around and constantly aggro'ing me
>Try to bring Eugene across the platform onto an area with more space
>He just keeps despawning
>Go back
>Use my lure on him
>He doesn't react
>Start hitting him
>He still doesn't react
>Proceed to wail on him for over 10 minutes (ridiculous amount of HP tbqhwy) while he stands there doing nothing
>He dies
>Loot falls off the platform (which is why I didn't want to fight him where he was in the first place)

Fucking dumb unique honestly. I knew for a fact that the loot would fall off which is why I had no qualms about cheesing the fuck out of him. I wanted to see how tough he was too but fuck fighting him on that platform where my characters keep falling off non stop.

Chapter 8
>Man this really has an smt vibe. One wants to use god, one wants to kill him
>Mfw empty streets and a ruined city
>Mfw humanoid leftovers
>Mfw "Benetnash", "Megrez" etc
Last one is probably just a coincidence but still.
That said, I only passed through 4 of the 7 stars on the World Tree. Are there more areas named after the other 3?

Any good areas to grind out some levels in late50s? Trying to hit mid 60s by tonight

I'll provide ancillary support.

Forgot to reupload pic for the new thread

grind levels? why not just do quests and merc shit? I got to level 70 without grinding at all

im putting the game down for a while 600 rare crystals and still no kos-mos

Can you check your exact chance to evade anywhere? It's nice that some stuff gives you 30% more chance to evade but I have no clue how much chance I had to begin with.

Summarise your feelings towards this game in less than three words

Its fun

>giving Theory a Booster Chip results in a weapon called the Deus Ex Tachi

It's agi based. The higher your agi, the better your dodge chance. It's also relative to opponent's dex, so it's not a fixed %

amazing but stupid

God damn Zeke is bad

You niggers hyped him up too

Just got kubira holy shit that chair idle

>Poppi ara ara mode gets six (6) aux core slots

Fantastic but RNG

Is that Dagas?

Great but wait

Bad UI

FLORA HEALS AN ACHING SOUL ฅ^•ω•^ฅ

yea!

Don't forget me.

Mythra's tits

One-eyed monster.

kek Dromarch's movements are always so erratic.

So in order to max out Theory, I need to max out trust with Praxis first to start a quest?

Wheres the cafe in Leftherian?

I apparently unlocked items in it but swear there isn't one in Rex's tiny ass village

KOS-MOS never

I wasn't sure about this, but when you release a rare and reroll it, it keeps all the affinity/trust progress from before.

Literally never ever

Dromarch is cute

strawpoll.me/14603863

Anyone know what merc missions I need for the Elgeschel deeds? I have development lvl5 and did all the contract ones so far but I still can't buy the deed. At ch.4 atm,

threesome

I almost feel bad for pulling her when I was around level 30. She seems popular enough

>bust open door in Argentum
>nothing inside except a Nopon on a hamster wheel

It'll be there in a later chapter.

Is Xenogears worth playing in 2017?

yes

> Jojoman distracted by dessert

Could someone explain what in the everloving fuck Peng enemies are? I've been hunting in Tontol for Mythra's kill fetish targets for an hour now. Found the Novl Ories, but I also somehow ended up with 3 Peng kills.

If KOS-MOS is so rare is it even worth trying to open the common cores for her?

haha

>novl ories
where

She's really good so i'd say it is

Found 2 northeast of Lumos Pedestal.

How the fuck do I tank with Morag? It seems like I draw no aggro no matter what I try to set up.

thanks

> best girls are at the very bottom
Veeky Forums has shit taste, as usual.

bump desu mo

Never mind found them. They're the stupid birds on the northwestern shore of the central lake.

Poppi cutie pie

If you want to fight a paper tiger to level up fast. Fight these guys at the Brionac Occupied Zone, doesn't matter if you're 15 levels under them, all their attacks are weak and their one strong attack puts them in break for a good 3 seconds before it happens so you can easily topple them.

If you need an extra incentive other than the large amount of exp, they also drop Alphabet Course+'s.

>Quest where a giant dinosaur comes out
>Oh its level 40 no big deal Im killing it
>Cutscene where I have to pick fight it or run away
>After picking fight it turns level 90 and oneshots me
What the fuck

If the illusions that Klaus showed was what Rex thought what the party was thinking, what about the scene with Pyra and Mythra in the house? It didn't have the grainy, flashback filter while the others do. What's the significance of Mythra being nice and Pyra acting like Mythra?

Something about that scene really struck a chord with me.

Pretty sure it was still part of the mindfuck.

But what was it supposed to symbolise? That Rex has no idea what he's doing? That all he really wants is to have dinner?

Maybe Klaus is a dick and wanted to see if Rex would fuck off and forget about the rest of the gang?

For the people who use Tora over Morag, how often do you see him smash (after setting up B>T>L successfully)? Also, whether it happens often or not, do you have fast blade switch cores attached to your Poppis?

Regarding Poppi: Do the upgrades replace the previous version or do you gain them all at once so that Tora can actually switch Blades like the other characters? If the former is there at least a way to switch back and forth between different Poppis?

I use Roc for his life saving evasion art so I always beat the ai to smashing anyway.

>Mythra with max affinity
this is just stupid

>he actually builds himself a robot harem
The absolute madpon.

It's the same Poppi, she just morphs into different modes as her blade switch.

Instead of jumping in/out of battle like typical blade switching she basically gets surrounded by a ball of red yarn as a kind of 'reclothing' animation.

CRITS AND INFINITE ARTS

DOUBLE SPINNING EDGE DOUBLE SPINNING EDGE DOUBLE SPINNING EDGE DOUBLE SPINNING EDGE DOUBLE SPINNING EDGE

Great battle system.

>using double spinning edge

Don't use Mythra, the game is more fun without her.

>not spinning for winning

>don't use mythra
>don't use miku
>don't make rex your healer

what else

>not doing superior vertical spins to win

Making Rex your healer is fine, especially if you let the AI handle him.

Nothing else really, basically don't use the overpower blades and you are done. Or alternative, try to play with any other character. The game is great when you take different roles.

Is the Special Edition worth it? I'd love the artbook but if there's scans then there's not much of a point

Tora gets really strong with poppi

r8

Never use core crystals
Never fight unique monsters
Never use pouch items
Never rest at an Inn and use the EXP
Never play Tiger Tiger
Never use Mythra
Never change chips
Never save
Never explore

Not if you ignore tiger tiger like a patrician.

Tora has the best team

Not to Mythra level, and it takes an autistic amount of effort to do so.

>Stealing Zekes blade
Pretty fucked up man

Rex uses her better as all his animations are shorter since he doesn't try to be dramatic

Out of the main cast, Mythra's design is probably my favorite. I'm a sucker for blondes too.

Oh god, I remember when I went to a shop and he was pressed into the wall going apeshit.

>Never save
Now that is fucking challenging considering the random crashes.

This. People saying Zeke is a great character in mechanics, when Rex has the mmo-equivalent to haste.

breaky breaky
tumbly wumbly
launchy launchy

i'm absolutely certain it's 'topply topply' not tumbly wumbly

is it possible to do a driver combo all by yourself with Tora?

>Cucking the Eye of Shining Justice
No r8, only h8

When I'm salvaging and I pull an enemy up is it worth fighting and defeating it rather than using knockback to push it off a cliff?

I think he can break -> topple.

Give Rex crit increase+crit heal and he will never die

How to hell do I beat that Chapter 8 boss that uses AoE instakill move? The one where Nia, Morag and Zeke rejoin
I've gotten it under half health three times now, then it suddenly does some super move that kills everyone immediatelly from full hp. Its only 2-3 levels above my levels too.