/indie/ - Indie and Misc. Games General

Previous thread >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as A Hat in Time, Hollow Knight, RUINER, Cuphead, Heat Signature, Steamworld Dig 2, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Rain World, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.
A Hat In Time has its own general for the time being.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TT0_NpH2xEc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dead

Been playing some indie mobile games.

But they're all trash, so I'm not even going to say anything about them here.

Picture related: Looking at this is vastly more enjoying than playing an indie mobile game. And that's even taking into account that I'm getting blueballed by not actually being able to eat pictured hamburger

The new humble bundle is a bunch of fucking android games and I was immensely disappointed to discover that fact. Their bundles have been garbage in general since the buyout.

Oh shit we might win our first divegrass game

>humble bundle gets bought by ign
>it's shit now
surprise

Nice jinx

Niko a shit

Niko got that really stylish goal but yeah choking that benuldy a shit

"Nice round...belly?"

Say that to my face, faggot.

rude

i thought we got cucked out of VGL9 by /digi/?

What are some good grindy indie games?

There's a different thing going on where we played against /hanny/ but we got beat out in penalties.

Cookie Clicker

Darkest Dungeon

Pixel dungeon is pretty good.

Absolutely yes

Can we get another game like Pillars but with absolutely no retarded endurance system? Your priest can't heal you, must be the successor to BG. What a joke lol.

>tfw
I'm sure this will make Depot A much easier.

Lmao Phil's mask sucks balls.

Gentle Google translation that vacuum bums.

Eh nah, I love Electroshock pistols, but nah. It just looks a little strange that EMP grenades have the same radius when you throw them on solid rock and in a pool of water. But then, you can also set rivers on fire, so...

But would EMP have a greater radius in water? It's an electromagnetic pulse that fries the electronic equipment, not an electric current.

>But then, you can also set rivers on fire, so...
Gasoline can float and burn on top of water, so there's that.

>But would EMP have a greater radius in water?
See, actually I have no idea. Maybe not. Maybe it shouldn't work at all. Or maybe such small amount of water can't even affect it noticeably. Herp. I can't into physics.

>Gasoline can float and burn on top of water, so there's that.
Yeah, and magic is magic, ain't gotta explain shit. But it's fun when environment differences bend the rules.

Water attenuates electromagnetic waves faster than air. EMP really shouldn't work underwater.

And water isn't much better for conducting electricity. Any conductivity comes from ionizing impurities in it (salts and whatever they pump into your tapwater.) Pure water is technically an insulator.

Thanks, user. So no point in detonating an EMP grenade deep underwater. But these waters are only ankle-deep, so it the grenade is not completely submerged the pulse should be able to travel in the air, right?

>Pure water is technically an insulator.
While that's true, every natural water in Underrail is groundwater, so they are more likely to have high salinity. All of the fishes seem to be seawater species as well. Although some, like eels and certain jellyfishes can be found in both sea and freshwater, no cephalopod for example can live in freshwater.

Can I challenge them again?

>THAT NEW FUCKING UNDERRAIL UPDATE
>THAT CHEM PISTOL AND E-PISTOL BUFF
UNDERRAIL IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS!

>so it the grenade is not completely submerged the pulse should be able to travel in the air, right?
That makes sense.

Is it explained how EMP works in Underrail? Some anons said it has realistic science and in real life EMP would require enormous amounts of power to be useful weapon and the effective area would be very small. Sciencemagic capacitors small enough to fit in a grenade?

Yeah, Expeditions planned for 2019.

>Is it explained how EMP works in Underrail?
Not in great detail. But basically you need a battery that generates power through nuclear fusion and connect a miniature electromagnetic discharger to it. Or more for stronger effect. So it does require enormous power, and the area is pretty small.

I'm afraid of asking, but what's Jacket fatality with the hammer?

Halcyon 6
Slime Rancher

Halcyon 6's combat has gotten really tedious so I'm dropping it

Got into Astrox because of one user. It's pretty nice so far, through playing in Easy is mandatory at first.

Can anybody recommend me indie companies to follow similar to either Spiderweb Software (old school turn-based cRPGs) or Wadjet Eye Games (publishes point-and-click adventure games)?

Spiky Chunsoft.
Team Shanghai Alice.
Dennaton Games.

Thank you!

I was kidding, I'm sorry.
Spiky Chunsoft makes weeb games like Danganronpa, Team Shanghai Alice is Touhou, only Dennaton Games is interesting, they made Hotline Miami.

Problem is that most indie are a one-thing only team. They assemble, make a game, and go on their merry way.
You can check Chucklefish's realease, but they're editors rather than developpers, and their behaviour during Starbound's developpement toward the fans made a lot of people very angry.

Thanks for clearing up. I might still be interested in Danganronpa. They're like edgy Phoenix Wright games, right?

Anyway, I think the indie publisher/curator (as opposed to indie development company) model Wadjet Eye has is pretty cool. Other people come to them with their games, WEG cuts the wheat from the chaff and publishes the wheat, and the owner occasionally puts out his own games as well but sees himself primarily as an editor/publisher.

Kinda, yeah. I have a bunch of mixed feelings about Danganronpa because they start as really great, but they're victim to the Saw Syndrom : every game has to be more impressive, more twisted, and more shocking than the last, to the point that it get completely ridiculous.
Still, I suggest trying at least the first one. I really liked it.

Don't visit Danganronpa's general, though, they all finished the games, and they're a really special bunch. Right now, they're speaking about spanking.

>old school turn-based cRPGs
underrail

also you should play 999 instead of danganronpa

Any good comfy, slow-paced games that I can just chill and play while I watch TV like I do with Stardew Valley?

Ideally something I can get some other place than Steam (I have a Steam account but I'm sharing my library with a family member who's currently going through a pretty rough time and for right now I want to leave my library available as much as possible).

I dropped Underrail early on because I was really bad at the stealth part. Should I give it another go?

i mean, if it's not for you it's not for you. that just jumped to mind as old-school turnbased crpg. i guess you could try age of decadence but it's mostly not about combat
you could also just do a build without any stealth

>The smartest thing you ever did in a video game was figure out who the origami killer was for the final case before the investigation phase even properly started
>Play some shit like Fran Bow and got stuck on the keypad puzzle near the end of the first or second chapter

>Should I give it another go?

Yeah, stealth is a meme and it's more fun to play when you're making a good armor and just walk right up to faggots and shoot them/punch them/mindrape them instead.

Gonna give it another shot. Should I set exp to oddity or classic for my first time through?

If you feel like it. No reason to force it if it didn't click with you though. But if it's only the stealth you don't like, there are no mandatory stealth sections in the game, so you can ignore the mechanic.

Definitely oddity.

Why?

>i guess you could try age of decadence but it's mostly not about combat
That's entirely up to you. It can have no combat or tons of combat depending on your build and choices.

For one, I think it encourages exploration. You can't just keep grinding on familiar monsters in familiar areas, you have to go to new places to find new oddities. And now that they added a map, it'll be easier to navigate so you don't miss maps (and possible oddities within them.)

It's the intended way to play, better balanced and encourages exploration rather than killing everything around you, so you don't feel forced to play a murder hobo and can instead choose whatever approach you want.

Classic is more of a legacy system that was left in the game because why not.

Oddity is almost always the better choice, unless you already know you want to skip large parts of the game's content. That's the only case when classic's faster leveling curve can be preferable.

My IQ precedes me once again

here. Nobody?

>will 3
>intelligence 8

Astrox, I guess.

this is basically what i do with granblue
that's not indie though

Use pic related to plan your builds. Can't write it down because Veeky Forums thinks it's spam.

Yes.

How do you prefer to deal with this screeching insects?

EAT THEM !!

youtu.be/TT0_NpH2xEc

Ha, Shitcluse made a third youtube channel after she deleted the first two in a hysterical fit?

>leave for a couple months
>recluse still sperging it up
How's it going buddy? Got any meds or therapy since I last saw ya bud?

Nah, he decided to embarrass himself in public constantly instead. It's some weird kink I don't really understand, and I think it's really pathetic.
It's like a kid crying for attention.

I'm confused. I watched about 45 seconds and this person is clearly really awkward but is he (she?) an asshole or something?

My psychiatrist put me on a newer antipsychotic and it's helped to some degree. Last time I was supposed to see him though I was sick, and he gave me refills on everything but my antidepressants, which I ran out of 4 days ago. Feels like someone is taking a cattle prod to my head every now and then. I see them on the 22nd. Been sick a lot this year and have had a lot of medication trouble because of it. But I'm almost at 100 subscribers again and I'm feeling more confident and secure thanks to support from a couple other youtubers who I'm buddies with now. Even got to play CLASSIC GAME 2 because I'm friends with the developer of CLASSIC GAME now. iamqqqqqqq is a great guy. And now I get to buy more indie games again since money is not as tight. All in all things are okay. Some anons are being rude though, but I'm just going to ignore them since there's no way to engage in banter with them without getting myself banned. I hope you have a good day.

>that kid constantly shilling her shitty channel isn't bad at all
Yeah, right. It's not like Recluse is infamous for shitting /civ4xg/ whenever she can't handle the banter, after admitting in public she shitted on /civ4xg/ because she was banned from /pol/

That's right, Shitcluse is so retarded even /pol/ can't stand her, so she shitposts here to try to shill her new channel, since she deleted the last in a typical female hysterical fit.
She's also a coward who can't stand direct banter and prefers running away, while pretending she deletes her post (when she's actually getting banned but evading it every time).

>The boss door is a boss too in Gungeon

Was this always a thing? I almost thought my game glitched out because the camera didn't pan into the boss room.

I laugh at you.

>that kid constantly shilling her shitty channel isn't bad at all
I didn't express any opinion at all about whether anybody was bad or not. I just asked a question. This is the first time I've heard of this person.

you are so delusional it's cute. everything you've said is a lie. do you have schizophrenia too user? might i recommend you see someone about it? latuda is a good antipsychotic, and orange juice helps reduce the adrenochrome buildup that causes schizophrenia. take care of yourself.
that game looks fun. i should try it sometime.
this game also looks fun, though when i tried it before i got upset that there was no voice acting. i'll be more reasonable this time. you people in this general have painted it in a better light than i saw it in before and now i want to play underrail too and discuss it with you.
i want to play halcyon 6 but it's never on sale when i have the money to get it. soon though, christmas is coming up and i get money for the winter sale this year. i told my mother that half the extra i had she could have to get herself something for christmas, and the other half i wanted for the winter sale.

You have your answer. Shitcluse is a deluded underage who thinks that Veeky Forums is her personal blog, and who constantly ignores all rules.

and you're in violation of global rule 3 every time you take a shit on me.

Just report and ignore that attention whore already. It's obvious that wankstain will only drag the general down.

>since there's no way to engage
>without getting myself banned.
I wish you weren't a low-functioning autist, so you could take the hint without spelling it out to you: Your behavior is unwanted here. Change it or get the fuck out.

You're wasting your time, I already tried to talk to her nicely.

Is a solid snake build possible in underrail? Pistols, Melee, Stealth, Dodge, Evade, Hacking, Lockpicking would be the skills, but I'm always antsy about no crafting skills and 2 combat skills

The golems in Exanima are fucking scary. Was running away from two of them for about a minute trying to get them stuck on the environment so I could open the door, then realized the door was already open just barely enough to squeeze through. Went through it and the big fuckers just slammed the doors shut trying to chase me through.

user, I did 4 combat skill no crafting and it was still viable. Stealth alone makes basically anything viable, and if the rng smiles on you with a ~600 conservative shield you are in a very good position.

Sure.

Don't forget that you don't have to put all your skill points into hacking and lockpicking (I think the highest skill check for those is 130) so once you hit that (or lower if you want to use stuff like the switchblade, huxkey, dex increasing food, etc) you can dump the rest of those points into a crafting skill. Maybe bio so you can make jumping beans to boost your evasion/dodge. Or tailoring so you can make infused siphoner leather armor and tabis and boost your evasion/dodge that way.

>her
Are we hearing the same video?

You don't know? Shitcluse is a tranny. She's in the middle of transitioning into a male, that's why her voice is horrible to the ear, but vaguely sounds like a newborn baby.

Definitely, melee is pretty good for stealthy kills and stealth+hack+lockpick makes the Oculus questline a walk in the park. Stop levelling dodge after getting Uncanny Dodge, get all the dexterity you can, take Gunslinger and Point Shot. Execute is great if you have a reliable way of incapacitating enemies.

With some good gear and high agility you can keep stealth at around 60 and use those points for crafting, preferably tailoring so you can get infused leather. Siphoner tabis are your best option, consider an infused pig overcoat for the hp bonus.

Well, I did it. Hoped for a proper boss fight with her though.

>mercantile
>not swimming in charons as soon as you get to junkyard

>Siphoner tabis are your best option
Haha

Mercantile is not just bonus money anymore.

I was gonna say, if Recluse was actually a girl she'd have to be immensely fat or an unholy abomination such as a tranny to not have at least a few white knights.

I think the tabis are for boosting evasion/dodge in that build.

Shit, I forgot about the patch. It's still way better than rathound or antithermic tabis, but I'd consider black or pig tabis then.