gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bZAvvJwGF1I
youtube.com/watch?v=SFjn082Q78Y
sourcemodding.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I AM BECOME GODOT THE CUTE ROBOT LOLI ANIME GIRL

Should I buy Aseprite?
Paint.net is definitely made for pixel art.

nodevs NODEVS why are you HERE? making nengines and not GMAEs?? we'll drive you OUT make you levae LEAVE like the worthless shits you are. go away GO AWAY FUCK OFF squee SQUEE SQUEE Make the PIGGIES FLEE get OUT you shitters go glug yourself to death clink CLINK glug fampai maybe you will find progress in the beyond BECAUSE YOU ARENT finding it HEeRE STOP POSTING holy FUCK I want you to die DIE fampai CLINK

Aseprite is really good. It's worth it if you want to make pixelart.

>definitely made
definitely NOT made, sorry

I mean you should always buy stuff but if you google "aesprite download reddit" some guy releases all the compiled binaries

Finally got around to doing something that I've needed to do for a VERY long time: Armor States.

+Attacks flagged to do "chip damage" now do not interrupt enemy behavior (they also weren't sustaining combo, though that's fixed since this webm was made); enemies continue to move, attack, etc.

+Enemies can now specify via animation that they are in a PreventInterrupt "armored" state on a frame-by-frame basis. When Armoring is true, enemies will not have their behavior interrupted by player attacks, EXCEPT smash attacks (typically, combo finishers or fully charged attacks) meaning that poking them will not cancel their attacks. This is how it works in most action games, and it requires you to dodge through combos more frequently as enemies cannot always be readily stunlocked; this is especially true when facing multiple enemies.

+Enemy classes can now be flagged as having "Super Armor" which means even normal attacks cannot interrupt their behavior (in effect, all attacks become chipping attacks). For these enemies, only smash attacks will knock them back or interrupt them; and even then, if their animation specifies PreventInterrupt as above, the armor effects stack and NOTHING will interrupt them (even combo finishers and fully charged attacks cannot cancel a Super Armor enemy's attack anim).

Implemented all this in the process of getting the Mecharilla enemy (the heavy guy) implemented. Currently, he doesn't do much but walk/run around and get hit, but he does have special collision information that allows Dixie to pass between his legs (essentially, it's a flag that causes his player-capsule collision to be derived from his mesh rather than his navigation collider). Also currently about 60% of the way through a "weak point" bone-specific damage system; melee attacks and gunfire which hit enemies in the head will do bonus damage, and will probably also be configured to bypass Super Armor.

Redpill me on Source.

Thanks, I'll try not to

Weeeeeeeeellll, I'm trying not to think of that right now. I'm making everything to run as singleplayer, but ALL is planned so I won't have trouble later on. I'll just have to separate client-side from server-side.

Yeah. Lua and Love2D

I didn't make much more progress since my last webm, I had to completely change the clothing system to make it easier and more flexible.

But now we have hardsuits!

>Aseprite
Literally free
It's open source, compile it yourself
I don't think it's asking too much that you should be able to do this if you consider yourself a dev

>multiplayer
He meant atmos
That's where they always die

Not him, but nah. The whole reason I use a game engine is because I don't want to compile code or do any low level shit. I want to just like make game. I don't want to compile Aseprite either. And it's really cheap so I see no reason not to buy it.

>he doesn't use GIMP

devving is not about being a code monkey and fucking with cmake, mozilla building shit and other trash if you're on windows, it's about making gamesu

Is your player model not doing backface culling when it goes transparent? It looks really bad. You should rework the shader for that.

Most of the people here just script, they have no idea how to compile complex C/C++ programs.

In any case, it's one of the few projects that actually is worth buying just to keep development going. There's not a whole lot of sprite art specific software out there at that level.

Literally unplayable on normal computers. Requires very specific set-ups to work. No one will play your game because it'll run at a locked 4 fps no matter what.

Slowly working on converting all my rubbish Javascript into C#, but I've caught this snag here:

>[JS] transform.localPosition = Vector3(0, 20, 0);
Works fine in JS, just jolts the object vertically by 20 from wherever it currently is.

>[C#] transform.localPosition = new Vector3(0, 20, 0);
Jolts the object up by 20, but also shoves it back to the center of the game world (also won't work without the 'new' in there).

Any help here?

I hope you are not using Unreal Engine for your open world game

if you just want to move it 20 units up, += instead of =

I would nix the slight screenshake when you hit enemies, personally. Screenshake only to indicate a particularly well-landed or otherwise important attack.

Has anyone made a 3D onimusha clone/zelda clone with a random dungeon generator?

I think that could be made on six weeks by a single guy and will sell millions.

im going to lose my fucking shit if you DARE post an image of source itt

Not really. The biggest problem with atmos is making it light, and that's a problem I have already found a solution.

Making a zone-based system (ZAS) is WAY too complicated. Instead, I'll make gasses work as entities. That way, I won't have to iterate through vacuum tiles, and it will be less buggy than ZAS.

What I don't know is how I'm going to make all the hellish mechanics of atmospherics. Guess I'll just calculate changes from tile to tile and multiply it by some factor.

I'm working on a 2D roguelike/zelda clone with random dungeons, does that count?

Just so you know, atmos was one of the first features implemented in the original SS13. In fact, the entire game grew out of an attempt at atmospheric simulation.
What I'm saying is you shouldn't put it off.

Definitely a step in the right direction, but I probably should have mentioned it's also in an if in Update - any way to get it linger about 20 spaces higher if true, rather than shooting upward at a rate of 20 per whatever if true?

Zelda is all about world/dungeon design, why would you want a procedural one.

Reminderrrr

Been a while since I used unity but I think you can do transform.position += Vector3.up * 20 for extra clarity.

because games like spelunky are fun?

filename

>enginedeving in python

If that code worked before and now it's not, I'd be concerned that your hiearchy is different or something if setting the localPosition resets the world position compared to normal.

Having said that, just use an offset of some sort.

// at the top:
Vector3 offset = Vector3.zero;

if(true)
offset.y = 20;
else
offset.y = 0;

localPosition = localPosition + offset;

Not because it has Zelda elements

this honestly looks like blurry shit on top of just having awful visual design

it's shit and garbage and so are the "people" who use it

>Not Unity

Tell us your real feelings LIS

>this honestly looks like blurry shit
Maybe you should view it on something besides your mom's 1999 Acer Laptop?

>haha i will FUCK WOMEN because i chose this free to use engine over another!

This guy is a little bitch right alongside professional photographers who despised handheld cameras because they invested their entire lives to create what people can now do in seconds.

Boo fucking hoo. Perhaps one day we won't even need programming languages at all, and I will be fucking happy to have one less thing between my vision and my creations.

>when you optimize everything perfectly and manage to get your game up to 6 FPS

WUZ

Worst engine ever made. It's so bad there aren't even any indie games made with it. Not one.

how do i git gud at dis shid

best feeling

It's BADASS! In that it is both bad and ass.

its nodev shit for retards and gays

It doesn't have screenshake

Woah easy there little guy. Didn't mean to trigger you I couldn't even see you way down there.

It has no Asset Store, so it's impossible to make a game.

I think I'm really over complicating things more than I need to be, honestly. The only reason I'm trying this offsetting stuff is because I can't find a good way to toggle certain things to disappear and reappear properly.

I'm trying to get certain things to disappear when a variable on the player character toggles from "day" to "night". I figured it'd be as simple as "if it's day, appear! if it's night, disappear!" but things fall apart when I try to toggle back from night to day - things that have disappeared don't want to reappear.

SetActive (false) is fine but then whatever becomes inactive can't become active again with SetActive (true) 'cause the code telling it to become active is on the now-inactive gameobject.

GetComponent().enabled = true/false works but only on things with renderers, so any object that consists of a lot of small pieces has to have the script on each little piece.

nenecchi a shit

Unity is the ONLY WAY to get laid!

It is, the problem is that the model is not a single asset, it's made from multiple stacked meshes/materials; meaning that when it culls the hair, it DOESN'T cull the head at the same time.

So there's like a backface-fresnel thing going on where you can see where the meshes intersect.

The only way of fixing it (apart from making Dixie a single, watertight mesh) is to flatten all of Dixie's textures into a single huge Atlas and then use mask-maps to separate out the roughness and such so that she's rendered as a single draw-call, which can then have the opacity applied.

Which it's like, I CAN, but it's not exactly high on the to-do list right now.

It actually only runs properly on specific models of ASUS laptop made between 1999 and 2003.

its funny because its actually your trigger

pathetic

whatever another thread ruined by anime furry shitposters

>PSHHHHHHT
>oh man im such a failure at everything
>CLINK CLINK
>why did daddy never love me as a child and why did mommy leave her liquor cabinet open
>GLUG GLUG
>i-i need to make myself feel better
>G L U G G L U G
>"haha look at my dog man isnt source funny lmao right ugys... guys ;_;"

Ah, I see. It's good that you have your priorities in order.

A meme used by a memer who can't into memes.

I'm going to make a point-and-click adventure game using AGS, using shitty programmer art, and then hire an artist. Are there any good books, videos, etc., on designing this kind of adventure game?

next thing she become a wageslave without making a worthwhile game of her own

I vehemently disagree. Screenshake is satisfying as hell. Actually, Dixie really needs MORE screenshake. I'll be adding subtle ones for impacts of the actions when reloading, for when heavy enemies step or make impact, whenever high-caliber guns are fired at all, etc.

Good screenshake is one of those things where, if the audio design is right, you don't notice it at all. You "feel" it visually and it makes low frequency impacts more potent. Properly tuned I would argue that you barely notice it even on mute, unless you're looking really hard for it, which it seems like you are. Even now, the basic impact screenshake is BARELY noticeable at all.

>65 posts
>2 of them are progress
wake me up

>be 2d dev
>can't post progress because niggas can steal my shit

Register your objects with a manager that handles setting objects active as appropriate.

It can be as simple as a static class:

public static class TimeManager
{
private static List dayObjects =
new List();
private static List nightObjects = new List();

public static ToggleDay()
{
foreach(GameObject go in dayObjects)
{
go.SetActive(true);
}

foreach(GameObject go in nightObjects)
{
go.SetActive(false);
}
}

etc etc

Yeah... ideally Dixie would be rendered in a totally separate pass and then the translucency could be done to the pass itself. She's already largely independent of scene lighting, since she has her own lighting source applied and also a manually-cast decal shadow. She basically doesn't exist in the render-plane of the scene itself.

There are some cool tricks I could do if I could figure out how to get her to render in that way, like how in Mario games when you die (or in Odyssey, when you gather a moon) Mario is always rendered in front of the objects on screen for a moment, but I haven't figured that out yet.

Most people haven't, actually, and it's become a bit of A Thing for UE4 users, since FPS games often want to have the player's hands/gun be rendered outside the main pass to avoid into-wall clipping of barrels and such, but it's no mean feat in a deferred rendering environment.

>engies
>getting a job
kek

t. nodev piggy shitter

i kind agree with him, i don't think you need a screenshake on every hit, DMC is really satisfying with having a screenshake just on the heavy hits youtube.com/watch?v=bZAvvJwGF1I

youtube.com/watch?v=SFjn082Q78Y

>This has sold 150k copies

war... war never changes...

Watch the webm again but focus on a tree or some other background asset and tell me you actually NOTICE the screenshake on every hit.

I think y'all are confusing the pop + jiggle on the enemy meshes that indicates damage with screenshake.

Are you basing that on facts or Steamspy?

I have a C# code to make the player tilt to the sides.

public float tilt;
rb.rotation = Quaternion.Euler (0.0f, 0.0f, rb.velocity.x * -tilt); //This is for ship leaning to the sides

What would I have to do to only tilt the parent, but NOT tilt a certain child object of the parent?

He hired an artist to make the game look better.

explicitly set the rotation on the child every frame, it's the only way

Was wondering how inaccurate steamspy is, accounting for the +- of sales the game still did really well. I'm wondering why shit like this and Getting Over It sell so fucking much.

Do you guys recommend this website?
sourcemodding.com/

Getting over it is the biggest twitch meme game in years

Steamspy is reasonably accurate at large figures, but Owners != Sales, and we have no idea how people acquired those copies.

Monitors should come with a rumble pack for true hi def screenshake

>chinks in charge of game devving
This is pure bait

Guys I want to make a Yume Nikki/LSD:DE kind of game, a dreamscape walk simulator with weird events and stuff basically but the unity first person controller is trash, is Unreal's any better for artists?

And? Good for him

Yeah UE4's is good

Ok, done. Thanks

Most playstation 2 games look better than this.

have you heard of #21: The World?

Hey did you make the dust trails when she walks?

>my 2d game I've been working on for months can be recreated by a real programmer in a single day
>mfw
Coders need idea devs, but they don't want to admit it.

>idea devs
>devs
What.

It's just a little particle spawner that emits a translucent "popcorn" mesh from her foot bones, and that's flagged to trip on Notifies when her feet touch stuff.

Based on studying Mario I have the dust particles expand rapidly and then shrink slightly more slowly over their entire life, while gently drifting backward and rotating at a randomly-determined static rate.

i just wanna make game

>tfw gamedev was your #1 coping mechanism and it's not working anymore

they develop ideas

>#21: The World
First time I hear of it, gonna check it out!

Ok, downloading

Thinking is not doing. Development is for doers.

worst feel

Anyone in here making a game with Godot?
Please post webms, or at least pics.