Cancer Recovery Edition
Previous thread: >Official Stuff
Steam Page:store.steampowered.com/app/698780/Doki_Doki_Literature_Club/
Monika Twitter:twitter.com/lilmonix3

>Guides
Guide:gameplay.tips/guides/1298-doki-doki-literature-club.html
Actual guide to getting the "good" end:pastebin.com/q3nGy9Fa

>Art and Miscellaneous
Game files dump (full) -mega.nz/#!omBgAY7a!qbh7FYCcYnjIN7G9bGGDy343CLBCRaOIuiHN8SwPT7k
Wiki:ddlcwiki.ga/wiki/Main_Page
Fan-made Content Pastebin:pastebin.com/BRy67t0s
Booru:ddlc.booru.org
Map:zeemaps.com/map?group=2793739#
"Your Reality" sung by a buncha virgins: youtube.com/watch?v=7acpV4fKp9Y

>haha this is funny
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
International Association for Suicide Prevention (EU): iasp.info/resources/Crisis_Centres/Europe/
lifeline.org.au/get-help/get-help-home518121
(AUS): wikihow.com/Tie-a-Noose

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14608285
twitter.com/lilmonix3/status/940717068151697408
youtube.com/watch?v=CHJE-DS29dc
pastebin.com/ZufU5MtS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Natsuki!

first for tf2 engineer

Let us settle this once and for all.
Who is /ddlc/'s least favorite girl?
>strawpoll.me/14608285

Natsuki!
now back to the actual thread.

My wife!

Best girl has pretty eyes!

The nicest!

Yuri is somehow the most disliked, which doesn't make any sense because she is beautiful and vulnerable and needs companionship while you read poetry and cuddle together. Sipping tea on chilly nights is mandatory as well.

Fuck, meant to reply to

I want to go for a walk on a very snowy day (and hold hands) with Yuri!

twitter.com/lilmonix3/status/940717068151697408

What happened to the wholesome /ddlc/ I once knew and loved?

lol imagine being dan and writing teenage girl tweets for your autistic audience and also being 5'3

It died when DQ user started the quest. I love harmonikanon but I can't help but think it was that.

Ment to reply to you, sorry desu.

I just want the interest in this game to die for a while, and for people to stop giving a shit about the general so we can start over again .

Best girl

I think it died somewhere between the first and second quest, I wouldn't put the blame on DQAnon when there was a large influx of (You)tuber influence during the same period.

I feel like every wholesome poster left
It's hard to fight the evil when you're alone

Keep your chin up, Guts poster.

>Sleepover with Arachne Sayori!
>user's family is out as usual, it's winter and his heating's broken!
>That's one cold house!
>Sayori offers to let him stay at her place out of sympathy!
>Throughout the day she lets the worry of not being able to accommodate user properly get to her!
>Arriving at her house after school!
>user comes here sometimes but he hasn't been upstairs in almost a decade!
>Sayori tries really hard to make him comfortable. she tends to him like a maid!
>user keeps trying to hint that she should relax but she won't let up!
>Sayori cooks what her species considers a delicacy!
>user's throat feels like it'd been doused in acid!
>Sayori is extremely apologetic!
>Instead of obsessively looking after him she obsessively tries to feel worthy of him accepting her apology!
>user takes her to the store to buy some snacks for some fresh air and to take her mind off of it!
>user says he appreciates the effort a lot but even if she makes mistakes all he's doing is staying over so they're easy to solve!
>Sayori realizing she was getting worked up over nothing!
>user keeps picking up things in her house and reminiscing over them!
>Since they're Sayori's and she has a lot of memories she finds it really easy to engage in optimistic conversations full of insight over them!
>Sayori feels interesting!
>Lsyrt user realizes something!
>This house is freezing too!
>He just felt warm because he'd constantly been active today!
>Arachnes are so fluffy and warm they don't need much heating!
>The bedding she laid out for him is a little cold!
>Through as few words delicately exchanged as possible, they agree it would be best if user bought his bedding up on to Sayori's web and she shared her warmth with him!
>Sayori keeps her guest warm like a responsible host!
>Arachne Sayori!

Hey, Line-user!

So, from memory there weren't obvious spelling/grammar issues to correct, which means anything I say WILL be subjective and you should make up your own mind about what works better. That said, let's take a look:

>"It streaks across the sky"
Feels like "That streaks across the sky" might read a little less awkwardly.

>"A tragedy when it is ceased,
>Purpose of none quite sure why."

I kind of stumbled at this bit? It doesn't quite parse. It looks like the message for this part is supposed to be "Life ending is sad, life's purpose is uncertain" so what about:

"Tragic when another journey's ceased
The reason for our quest, we wonder why"

The rest of it nothing jumps out enough for me to feel the need to propose anything. Sorry if this wasn't what you meant!

(cont.)

I wouldn't take that strawpoll as a fact, there's no captcha and people can easily vote twice
Even if she is actually the most hated I'd still love her

I'm new, what did the quest do?

I'll never leave, Guts poster.

Fuck I forgot picture

I'm still very much here! I've just been lurking now since I've been busy!

It does feel like wholesomeness is dying out here.

Im still here, but its a minority now with everything else

I'm sorry that I write at a glacial pace, and that it's bittersweet or straight-up sad instead of wholesome, but I am still here. I don't think them staying would have helped much, though. Overly-strong wholesomeposting would just be the butt of the shitposters' jokes.
There is no "winning."

Smile!
Sweet!
Sister!
Sadistic!

I sure hope it didn't. I'd like to think it was more the Youtuber influx. Tough to see how a completely self-contained quest could have had such an adverse effect, especially when my intent from start to finish was to do something positive for the thread, hence why I stopped when the fact of the shitposting it would invariably cause became evident.

Wholesome poster, reporting in! All grotesque, nasty posters be gone!

Like Saphires.

A daily reminder that Sayori loves you.

>Viscous smoke, covering the sky,
>Heavy air, leaves the throat dry,

Meter is a little off on this one. Look into:
"Viscous smoke that blocks the sky,
Heavy air that leaves us dry,"

(not 100% on that though...)

>Minerals, we waste on wealth,
>For the oil we deeper delve.

This isn't quite a rhyme, unfortunately. It's not quite the same but:

"Minerals, we waste on wealth,
Oil burned destroys our health"

>Devour, consume, waste and burn,

Meter's a little off. Try "Take, devour, waste, and burn"

>Marching towards our own end,

Meter's also a little off here. Try "Marching on towards our end"

>Tolerance of nature bent,

Not quite a rhyme, try "Nature's tolerance we bend"

>We destroy what we call our home,
>So maniacs can have a throne,

Rhyme misses slightly, as does meter. Try:
"Destroying what we call our own
So maniacs can have a throne"

>Will destroy Mars, for more supplies,

This reads a little awkward. Maybe "Destroying Mars for more supplies"?

>The universe will bend their knee,
>Won't stop in this one galaxy,

This also just reads a little awkward. Test out:

"We'll reach beyond our galaxy
The universe will bend the knee"

>Until there's nothing left to breathe,
>We will crush what's underneath,
>For we are nature's big mistake,
>So we can fuel our own intake.

That first bit doesn't quite rhyme, but I'm unsure of the best fix. The one I attempted changes your rhyming scheme at the end, which is something I like doing but maybe not something you're a fan of.

"Until there's nothing left to breathe,
We crush wherever we can take,
Let all that lives forever grieve,
Fair Nature's first and last mistake."

Now there was a lot to tune up here, but that's to be expected with such a long and structured work. Please don't feel bad about that! I've tried to go over especially the second one with a fine-tooth comb and been pretty hard on it since I get the impression that was what you were after.

Times are hard brother but to not buckle under the stress!
I have attended every day in the name of wholesome, even if I did not flaunt it!
It's nicer when it appears to just be happening naturally and less like it's being enforced, right?

I'll give you a (you) this time, happy now?

Maybe because I stopped posting for a few days, but when I came back and the quest was happening, It didn't seem right. I love you harmonikanon and I know you didn't wanna do anything negative. Its probably coincidental.

Can we ban grotesque, unnecessarily foul-mouthed posters? This is a blue board, after all.

Sorry for deleting and reposting this like three times now, but the slight mistakes I make keep making me autistically rage inside.

The Star Breaks

Twinkle Twinkle
Is how it is supposed to go
But somewhere along the line the little
star broke into
fragments

Was it needed?
Could it be stopped?
Are in the sky?
Is the wonder gained is now lost?
Can the trust once felt bring you up above the world?

I hope so

Twinkle Twinkle
Is how it is supposed to go
The diamond is gone
But I trust that you know

No, I fully agree that the quest caused a lot of internal strife. I just don't think that the effects had any permanence. The more noticeable general downturn in posting quality I think can be more accurately attributed to all of the Youtube attention the game has gotten as of late. Gamegrumps, Matpat, Pewdiepie. Those are some tough fanbases to integrate.

I liked the quest.

>started the quest
More like the moment some kids decided to go full autism towards it. The quest itself had nothing to do with it.

Voted for monika only because Yuri shouldn't be least favorite.

I appreciated it.

Monika appreciation, activate!

Don't worry
We are going get through this situation

Improving every day with Mo-ni-ka!

Friendly reminder that the Doki Doki Literature Club General - /ddlc/ does NOT condone any of the following:

- Underage Drinking
- Self Harm
- Suicide and Suicide Attempts
- Substance Abuse (Any)
- Waifu Wars
- Waifu Bullying
- Heating Water For Your Tea On The Microwave (Please buy a[n electric] kettle)
- Not Doing Your Best To Be The user Your Waifu Would Like
- Staying Up Late

And, finally, you are encouraged to try/cry and exercise both your body with a healthy walk around the block or a flight of stairs in your daily commute and your creativity by writing texts of any kind.

I enjoyed the quest.

>Hey guys let's not encourage early threads
>Goes to the early thread anyway
????

I'm still here ready to inspire you.
Sometimes i still do poems but only if i feel like it.
Its still here and not all of the new folks are bad. Shitposting however is unavoidable.
But this thread still is way better then alot of generals and especially /v/.
Maybe you should take a break.
Read a book instead or do something productive.
you don't want doki doki burnout do you?

Hello, hello, everyone! I hope we're all doing well?
Let's get us off on the right foot with some poetry!

Word of the thread this time is "warmth"!
Alternatives are 'fleeting' and 'royal'.

If anyone would like to write a poem, consider using one of these three words as your theme or topic. Think of this like the activity between Yuri and Natsuki where they share the word "beach", or something like that... The idea is to keep a common word so we can all compare our poems to others and discuss how we tackle them in different ways.
In any case, I hope you can have fun with this!
Busy, busy, busy, but I got a lot off of my plate, so I can finally read, ahaha...

And no misbehaving! I'm watching you!
youtube.com/watch?v=CHJE-DS29dc
Monika!

newfag here just finished this, I tried to romance yuri but she killed herself, not that I blame her tho.

also what's the deal with monika? does she love the player or she just want to get out the game? I honestly hate her for killing everybody but I kinda feel sad at her when she sings at the end

>Sayori leaving a lovenote at your doorstep!
>Sayori watching you read it from around a corner!
>Sayori watching you cry and throw your hands in the air!
>Sayori running over to you and enveloping (You) in a big hug!
>Sayori!

The quest was fun
i liked the discussion about the hearts, the colors and shit
but i do agree it was slowing down everything maybe if anons were able to keep the normal thread pace along with the quest everything would have been different

I love her too.

If you like ddlc this is probably the worst place for you to be

I want to delete Yuri then bring her back, delete her again and then just let her be.

Thank you, guys. It had a lot of flaws, but I was glad to see that most people weren't down on it. I'll be writing other things, mostly poetry, but I think I'm pretty much done being a big content guy. No need for one person to take up so much space in any thread.

Promising Monika coffee during the winter!
Bringing her an ice-cold frappuccino!
Making up for the resulting chill with warm hugs!

why is she so basic

Did you get the true end?

Alright my friends the first chapter to Mo-Jave Mo-Nika is complete! I hope you all enjoy it and as always I appreciate any criticism and if you have any ideas of what you may like to see down the line feel free to also let me know!

pastebin.com/ZufU5MtS

My issue is that it was specifically posted at slow hours; the thread was slow as it usually was anyways. Speeding up posting wouldn't have helped if the people at those hours weren't really interested in posting anyways.

Oh fuck ya bud!

Mmh. Tonight i will sleep well.

because user without meta powers, that's literally all she is. a basic white girl

Holy shit you really put in work, this is a lot of new stuff!

Miss ya, Harmonika.
Hope you find what works.

Sayori, but she's decided she's gonna be a superheroine! Kick evil's butt, Sayori!

Get 'em Sayori!

Maybe that's what Monika means by "There is no happiness in the Literature Club" or however she said it? No matter what happens, whoever is made President is forced to gain self-awarness of their existence as nothing more than a videogame character? So she deleted it all to stop the endless cycle?

One can assume the original "characters" so to speak had Sayori and Yuri as President and VP respectively, as the player didn't edit the code to do that, it was produced by the game itself, which I feel pushes my theory that Monika was never originally in the game by the "developers".

If you spend nothing
To try for success
Then what you get out
Is what you put in

But

If you spend everything
All that you are
Who is it that's left
To claim the rewards?

This blatantly has nothing to do with the word(s) of the thread because I wrote it earlier on a whim, but oh well!

I may lurk much more than I used to, but it's almost break. Don't worry, as the Sayori sunglasses guy, I don't see myself leaving anytime soon.

Welcome to the club fellow Yurifriend.

I don't think I like it just wanted some answers
I get the one where sayori is alive and she seems to be warping the game to that room again, when (monika?) says she will not allow it and deleted the game?

I love her too.

God Damn thread 273 cannot come soon enough everything is so terrible and I truly do not want to be alive anymore.

The warmth of fire may seem to be
an invitation for others to come
But the truth of the matter is contrary
the heat of flame is but a warning

And though its warmth my seem appealing
To get too close results in naught but burns
And your wounds begin congealing
your body from the flame turns

So let fire's allure serve as a warning
these threads suck and I hate all of you and I've lost all confidence in this community as a whole and your willingness to allow namefags to govern our thread's path is disconcerting to say the least and I'd love to leave but the pain of knowing that ultimately because I don't shove my identity in the faces of others I will not be missed leaves me feeling rather powerless so all I can do is say that I hate you and I hate everyone in this thread and I wish for death everyday despite being too cowardly to actively pursue it myself and everything I love always turns to ash around me perhaps I'm the flame and my love is but tinder I wonder if I'm destined to destroy everything I love

>Yurifriends
Can we agree that Yurifriends refer to act I Yuri lovers, and not act II? Those are Yurifiends.

That's totally okay, user! The words are just a suggestion! I'm happy to see any poetry at all, no matter how relevant it is!

Yeah, the 'good' ending's about as 'good' as it gets, I suppose. I mean, other than Monika just putting her shit together and bearing the pain of knowing she exists. monika is still best girl though

I wanna hug Monikanon very tightly

>being this edgy

>That name
>Those tweets
And people here complain when someone calls her Stacy, Monika's a basic bitch, even her twitter says so.

Act I Yuri is best Yuri anyways

You have to get all the CGs before act 2 for the true end.

W-Well... I liked your poem, user!

There are no more dokis.
Just Monikanon.

Thanks for taking the time to set this up and for critique. Also thanks to for posting prompts last thread. It's fun to write.

>love both yuri's equally

what does this make me?

Hey man appreciate it and hell yeah it was a lot of work glad I managed to get it out today.
Hope you like it!
Patrician

well, yeah
she's the one who actually exists, remember?
It's only natural she's a thottie

I just love shy tall girls, that's my fetish

Yurifag?