Anyone else here building up as much capital as possible so you can buy low on the next financial crisis?

Anyone else here building up as much capital as possible so you can buy low on the next financial crisis?

Yes I've had my money in the bank since 2010, ready to invest any moment now

It's amazing things have lasted this long. Nothing was fixed in 2008 and debt levels keep going up. I personally can't wait, as someone with very little debt. There is so much Malin vestments right now it's disgusting.

Trying to do a little of both hard cash and index funds.
Ideally crypto will go nuts when the crash happens.

You two are actual fucking idiots. Time spent in the markets beats trying to time the markets 10/10 times. Just play the short-term long/short game and be smart with your order types if you don't have time to actively manage your positions. You'll have even more money for that mysterious 5% correction that's never again coming due to central banks propping up capital markets and HFT/algos giving life to artificial price levels.

What if the next crisis is a dollar crisis and your paper won't be worth shit?

>know we're in a bubble
>dont want to stop making money

Waiting for the DJI and S&P to drop 10-15%
After that I'll feel more comfortable buying into total market indexes

It most likely will be, along with securities and municipal bonds. There is a massive pension crisis looming because almost all gov pensions assume 7-8% returns. Combined with changing demographics, something will give.

yeah waiting for housing bubble to take a sharp dive.

Instead i've built up around $90,000 in two lines of credit currently unused that I can deploy at any time. This way im fully invested with my capital yet when a big dip comes I can make a tidy profit. There is always the possibility of credit being rescinded in a financial crisis, but if that happens i wont sweat it.

Reminder that everyone else is thinking the exact same thing. Reminder that this is a broad-spectrum financialization bubble and it won't rebound this time.

>Nothing was fixed in 2008 and debt levels keep going up.
You completely misunderstand what happened in 2008 if you think debt levels had anything to do with the financial crisis

Yep, $39k of fun money and rising

I'm on a dilema

>be me
>min wage job
>freelance out of self learned skills

dilema between
>save to enjoy the decline
>invest in my own private education (this time not worthless) so I can go full freelance/get into studio jobs where I can get bigger bucks and improve my career

I can see myself quiting the dayjob, burning everything on almost a year to get valuable skills while bankrupcies, fiat down trend and stocks crash start to kick in

Kek

Just keep freelancing as much as you can and save as much capital as you can now. I made 8k last year doing a couple of websites and logos and put a good chunk into eth and now I am living bruh.

Education is a meme for art/design too if that is what your intentions are. Basically only good for corporate jobs and they are good in art if you can get into yale or cooper union.

Otherwise a studio hand for a bigger artist gets 25hr and design work is 20-40hr depending on the market without edu, I do both and keep my full time job

About $40k in the stock market now and $40k stashed away in various accounts. I've been making solid money off my investments, but worse comes to worse I lose half of my investments and have $60k to throw into cheap investments.

What type of reaction are you expecting? I think it could mean widespread supply shortages, significant drop in government services, exorbitant local taxes and freezing of welfare payments. This would all drive people into poverty and increase crime.

>tfw less than 10 eth

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The financial system as it currently exists offers very little utility to the outside economy, despite its massive size. Because of this its value is almost entirely based on the subjective idea that the financial system is "important." As soon as people stop believing this the equities markets will collapse, followed by commodities and real estate, then banks, and ultimately large publicly traded corporations whose stock price has become their primary product. This will be a net good for the economy, but it's going to be a bumpy ride.

I expect that slouching consumer demand due to job losses will be what sets off the chain reaction.

trump recently spoke of repealing certain parts of dodd-frank, which is a step in the right direction, Right now we can't be sure if it happens in one year or ten, and as foolish as it sounds I'm still not sure its wise to give up trading to let all my money sit on gold. I still think we should wait and see if the current administration cares to fix the problem before losing out on stock market gains for sitting on gold and volatile foreign stocks.

>still trying to put your money into financial instruments instead of investing money directly into a business
You're really not getting the point, are you?

Guess not. single individuals with no interest in investing more than 10-20k into any one venture can't compete with bigger firms unless they go for the riskier businesses no one wants.

They've grown so big that they have more money than they know what to do with, which is causing them to horribly misallocate capital. There are a lot of underfunded opportunities out there.

they've grown big, are very sloppy with their money, but still won't hesitate to invest in upstarts with good potential, and can afford to undercut competition like me. plus I doubt my investment would be insured if bob's crab shack down the road goes belly up. plus its easy to say these opportunities exist. a lot harder to find them when you already work full-time. I wouldn't even know where to look. Im not saying you're wrong though.

i do, yes but i have no idea what i am doing

Why is capital good in a financial crisis again?

Because then you use those capitals to buy things. And then when the economy gets good again you make even more money because you got them at a value.