howling bonobos
screeching banshees
laughing birds
chittering rhesus'
grunting gorillas
sm64

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/paqFoyYpwB0
reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/7jesek/new_version_100_glitch_found_in_super_mario/
nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/super_mario_odyssey_gets_a_day_one_update_but_dont_expect_much
twitter.com/AnonBabble

0-14 - low
15-29 - mid
30-44 - mid
45-59 - high

midx52

Goku - god gamer. has a huge love and passion for his craft for the sake of the craft itself. trains efficiently and practices smart, constantly fine tuning and optimizng his ability. frequently learns new techniques and even improves upon them. always looking for new ways to become stronger and jumps at the hance for a new challenge to overcome.

Vegeta - grindmonkey. no passion for what he does outside of beating others. no interest in optimization beyond brute force. mindlessly trains by doing pushups in gravity chamber for 10,000 hours. never learns new techniques, just spams the same shit forever. bonobo howls when things aren't going his way. doesn't understand why goku is, and always will be, better than he is.

imagine promising a 49 by 2018 and then grinding 70 star for 18 hours a day for over three years and peaking at a mid 52
you would never be able to live down the exposure
your name would forever be midx52

Odyssey

don't let it die

naegleria you said that there would be weekly community races in your podcast well where are they mister?

thanks, user. i didn't make it in time. the thread would have died if it weren't for you.

Nigga dis shyt aint even true doe

Obviously it is true.

BASED good guy and god gamer TOASTRIDER made a princess secret slide tutorial.

youtu.be/paqFoyYpwB0

>Odyssey already has a glitch that literally ruins the game for everyone
lmao

reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/7jesek/new_version_100_glitch_found_in_super_mario/

Watch as the community uses precedents like iQue to rationalize it, completely ignoring the reaction to the thing

Lmfao if they allow this

It's the base game.
Going to gamestop and buying the game lets you do the glitch.

why didn't you sage?

Version exclusive glitches are so fucking common in speedrunning. These babies crying for a ban because they have the wrong version need to look around them.

word
force them all to play any pc game for a month

why didn't you sage?

>trying to jusify this
Odyssey is officially a dead, shit community. SM64 wins again.

thanks for the late response!

>Version exclusive glitches are so fucking common in speedrunning.
>force them all to play any pc game for a month
the difference is that version exclusive glitches for PC games are free to access and don't require you to dedicate your $300 console to speedrunning a single game.

there obviously comes a point at which the compromise isn't worth it. there are zero other gaming communities on earth who would accept this as okay, only speedrunners are actually this retarded.

Literally only someone as stupid as Kirbymastah who lacks the ability to think outside of his little box would think it's okay to force the unpatched version of the game into real competition.

>hurr durr you can't play on the base version of the game
Just play fucking SM64 VC then.

>require you to dedicate your $300 console to speedrunning a single game
Wrong. You can update the system firmware itself and play online with other games, you just need to disable automatic software updates and not update Odyssey. The drawback is the initial factory reset needed if you updated the game which would delete your saves.

The people whining are those that bought the digital version thinking they could save a few seconds on loads. It's apparently fine to tell the people who initially got the physical version to buy the digital version, but not the reverse. What a joke.

Can you do the glitch on the digital version if you factory reset?

>the reddit sheeple actually want to allow it
>they bring up the iQue as precedent
>they don't know that the iQue servers are down and that the only way to still play OoT on the iQue is to buy it from one of like 10 speedrunners who bought it earlier
WOW WHO COULD HAVE FORSEEN THAT COMING?! It's not like people warned Cosmo and his drones that he is setting a dangerous precedent.

When you download a game from the eshop it downloads it with the latest update, so no.

>the difference is that version exclusive glitches for PC games are free to access and don't require you to dedicate your $300 console to speedrunning a single game.
It doesn't even end there. Sure, you have to buy a second console as an SMO grindmachine, which is already bad, but you also need to have the digital version 1.0.0 pre-installed on it to have the fastest loading times. You cannot install digital without automatically uploading past the desired version. So to get the fastest version you have to find some guy who owns a Switch with digital 1.0.0 installed and wi-fi disabled who is willing to sell it to you. Good luck finding such a person!

Remember when The Freak said 1:04 won’t happen by 2018?

Also wrong. nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/super_mario_odyssey_gets_a_day_one_update_but_dont_expect_much
Update 1.0.1 was a zero-day patch. There is no getting the digital version as 1.0.0 unless Switch piracy becomes a thing.

Piracy is already a Nintendo VC standard.

>de oot injects

but it could have been true in theory and setting the precedent here could lead to it being true for other games

It's not a precedent if the facts of the case are different. You can't get digital 1.0.0, and there is no shortage of physical carts.

why didn't you sage?

how come they only use 1 clip in SMO, i thought this was supposed to be the superior speedgame serg

why didn't you sage?

>there's finally actual speedrunning discussion in the thread
>it's about SMO
holy shit based SMO bring back life into the dead doggy

congrats on the speedrunning general for finding 2 games to regularly discuss out of tens of thousands

just wait until medievil comes out and then it'll be 2.5

>why people no talk about my irrelevant no-competition monkey memegames???????? it no fair!!!!!!! ooh ah! ooh ah! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>there are tens of thousands of monkey speedgames
what

who are you quoting?

All other games are shit. Even Odyssey is shit. SM64 is the only game worth discussing.

why didn't you sage?

gorillaxgrunt

chimpanzeexcackle

I finally got this whole lagless setup working so now I can start work on this game

People who think squid is the obsessed freak are total morons

t. squid aka the obsessed freak aka dumber than reddit

Noone cares about your piss easy 2d hold right meme game.

Wow yeah if there's one serg opinion I care about it's the "meme game" nerd that doesn't even speedrun

The same obsession that makes you play the same game for 3 years also makes you force the same monkey meme for 3 years.

>m-me no talk to myself 18 hours a day for 3 years on srg! me unique individual with unique opinion!!! eek eek ook!!!!

>responding to yourself

Just admit that your shitty 2d meme games are literally thumb DDR and require less than half the skill of a 3d game.

*bonobo howls*

>two thirds is less than half
dumber than reddit

>thumb DDR
If you can't play with your feet you don't deserve to post in serg

EG...

the freak came into squids chat on an alt yesterday and completely embarrassed himself.

proof?

skim through the vod.

>no proof
*bird laughs*

based cyberdemon

its in the vod, as you already know. wheres your proof about anyone still coming here?

he literally just gave you the proof

>j-just skim through one of his 18 hour vods! i-it's in there somewhere
*bird laughs*

dumber than reddit is at it again.

hes so dumb, he needs proof when he did it only yesterday lmao

>i'm too much of a baby to spend time on something!!!!!
and this is why you never speedrun

>still no proof
*bird laughs*

you have the proof. wheres your proof that squid still comes here

*banshee screeches*

>no proof
*obsesses over a made up character in my head for 3 years going on 4*

>grindxcucklet
>made up
the absolute delusion

this warped character you have in your head is the absolute pinnacle of delusion, dumber than reddit

>reality is warped
*bonobo howls*

glad you are coming to terms with it, thats the first step

>le ole reddit switcheroo
*rhesus chitters*

user remembers!!! :D

lmfao i fucking love monkeys

lol same

nobody in the speedrunning community has been exposed as badly and thoroughly as squid has
how can he still show his grind monkey face?

i dont know how you haven’t realised this over your 3-4 year crusade but that is literally only in your head to fuel your own delusion. sorry

>e-exposure no exist!!! m-me no get exposed!!!!!!!! eek eek ook!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why did you delete?

>nobody in the speedrunning community has been exposed as badly and thoroughly as squid has
Are you new?