/twg/ - Total War General

>Warhammer
youtube.com/watch?v=qLSezK6_N5w
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/
totalwar.com/blog/warhammer-ii-development-update (NEW)
tl;dr: December FLC w/ new game mode, Tomb Kings in January, Norsca/RoR in May

>History
store.steampowered.com/app/694880/Total_War_ROME_II__Empire_Divided/
store.steampowered.com/app/712100/Total_War_Saga_Thrones_of_Britannia/

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

Campaign posting and screenshot sharing encouraged!

Previous

first for waifus

Why are Bloodbowl Arenas not constructable?

>
I don't know why this hasn't already been done. It would be fucking dope to see armies develop their own camps/baggage trains over time. Maybe upkeep could go up/down based on what buildings the army has, and some of the camp buildings could come with garrison units that only deploy in defensive battles or offensive sieges. Maybe a more self-sustaining army would be better at long campaigns in foreign lands, or maybe give them the ability of local auxiliary recruitment.

Bloodbowl exists in a weird parallel version of warhams.

It's great fun but very very silly

time for charts

shogun

xth for I hope they make more fantasy and historical games

medieval

I think unit recruitment should be something unique to true horde factions. Mercenary recruitment should always be a must in a historical game, but when it comes to auxiliaries it should only be available to a few non-horde factions. Rome, for example, should be able to muster auxiliaries on the go; and maybe Persia or other such eastern factions could collect levies from its vassal states on the move as well.

But the simple ability to be able to reinforce an army without retreating to your home turf would be groundbreaking. And maybe spies could be more useful, as they could infiltrate the army's camp and follow it around automatically.

Pretty sure Bloodbowl is canonically a separate universe from WHFB

Durthu enjoying the local architecture, it appeals to him on a deep level.

rome

That would be sick as hell. Attaching a spy to an enemy army, maybe with a certain percentage chance of them being outed every turn. Maybe there could even be debuffs or sabotage that could be applied too. Also, would be nice if defensive battles against camped armies took place in the equivalent of the fortify stance battles from Rome 2, but maybe bigger.

Not to self, don't press J on a formation, it just makes them all run into a blob in the middle.

medieval 2

That doesn't fit the organizational standard for most of the races.

Though, technically, none of the mechanics really "fit" any of the races

>The Empire has standing armies of state troops which are raised and maintained by each of the elector provinces, as empire your pool of troops should be based on how many provinces you have control of/military alliance with as well as the state of those various provinces. Certain provinces offer certain units, and certain provinces are wealthier than others and thus better able to provide more units.

>Dwarven armies are levied volunteer militia's with their elites being made up of standing guard regiments who otherwise form the garrisons for the existing karaks. Garrisons should all be crack elites, the bulk of armies should be these levied militias, and requisitioning the strong troops means de-garrisoning your existing settlements. These garrisons would slowly replenish over time, each time the province gains's a unit of population

>The Elves operate similarly to the Empire - the vast majority of their forces are a volunteer standing army maintained by the separate regional courts (Spears, Archers, Silverhelms) with each province also supplying it's own elite troops, such as the Reavers of Ellyrian, the Charioteers of Tiranoc, the White Lions of Chrace, the Swordmasters of Hoeth, etc. While the court of the Phoenix king has access/full control over all of these militia forces, requisitioning these elite units is going to depend on your relationship with/control of the various other regions.

>Vampire Counts literally just raise their troops from the dead so their logistics are solely dependent on how many corpses they have access to and the level of vampiric corruption in an area. They should however be required to have a certain number of necromancers in each army to sustain it's numbers (though some lords like Vlad or Manfredd are already supremely powerful necromancers who can control whole armies alone)

Pro
>AI starts recruiting decent stacks
Con
>AI is recruiting decent stacks

empire

The great plan calls for the unity of Cold Ones and Elk.

napolitan

Turn 170
Tileans have determined that melee units are never necessary.
Boris is still Rough Riding

We're not talking about WH races. We're talking historical setting, specifically a hypothetical Medieval 3.

>Boris is still Rough Riding
Y'know, he does look kind of like a heavy metal teddy roosevelet

>2 units of infantry
>The rest is meme units and monster spam
>"decent stacks"

More like bullshit

shogun 2

Much obliged rollchartlad

This. It's all monsters, chariots, and heavy cav.

What the hell is a VC army doing in the badlands without attrition?

rome 2

AAHHHTILLA

no problem , mate , i spent the time to add things to the already made ones and do the ones for the older games just for these threads for peoples like you

>try tww2 mp
>have 1 fun match that's very even sided
>go for more games
>nothing but corner camping hellcannons, Dawi or 15 flying unit VC/Bretonnia

I just want some fun times....

>No warning
>Nearest army is about 8 turns away

This feels fair.

warhammer 1

I'm on turn 109 in Mortal Empires as Bretonnia and the Chaos invasion hasn't even started. What turn is it supposed to begin?

and warhammer 2 , may the rolls be with you

They own the territory or have enough corruption there that it isn't a problem

Face it, fantasy fucking sucks. History is objectively the best Total War experience.
Fantasy lets you cast faggoty little magic spells and that's it. That's the only gimmick. The rest of it is a shallow, casualized husk of a strategy game.

may as well

it take place in an alternate WHFB universe where each year the different factions stop having war to get their conflict settle with games of bloodbowl

Never actually rolled before, fuck it. (pls gib anything but dorfs or mannlet vamps)

t. Butthurt since the announcement of WH1.

>This bait is so stale it's no use even to the necromancers.

You're right, Fantasy is vastly inferior to Historical, but you're completely wrong about why.

The truth is - and some smaller minds might disagree with me on this - is that Historical TW games have far better autism and shitposting.

Sup, I just re-installed Rome 2 after dropping it soon after release.

Did they fix the game? Is the polictics/senate thing still completely useless?

>thinking men actually about-face

No, the whole stupid formation fucking rotates.

Politics have been fixed a little bit, but it can honestly still be ignored until mid/late game.

>fucking 6 chariots

Swap all those except the Claw of Nagash for infantry, and sure, it's a decent stack.

I dunno why games have to be designed with "Beat the player with as much bullshit as we can slide with!" is the go-to for game difficulty.

Why can't I customize things like Chaos invasion? Maybe I just want to play sandbox sometimes?

I agree with your first sentence, but as for your second, that's kinda /gsg/.

With mods it is perfect now.

Kurnous is that you?

>Tfw I could be fucking around as ya boi Malekith but instead I gotta write a paper about trannies

Anthropology was a mistake

Why on Earth are you being assigned to write about the mentally ill in anthropology class?

a rolling stone recruits no spearmanii

Anthropology is SJW central m8.

I don't fucking know. At least half of the questions on my final exam involve gender, trannies, privilege, or faggotry

That sounds like sociology, not anthropology.

what does the shaded part of the balance of power bar mean?

You built walls everywhere didn't you?

Yeah I'm well aware. I think my Prof. has a double major in sociology or some gay shit like that. This whole course has honestly been one of my least favorite in my 4 years of college just because of how fucking preachy the professor is.

The strength of your force/the enemy's force depending on dice rolls.

You have a chance to win, but take heavy losses because you rolled badly.

Anthropology is the source of retards who think native tribes were peaceful, sexually liberated, matriarchal Gaia-worshippers until WHITE MALES imposed their heteronormative values on them at beyoonet point.

It's basically a giant "You should really try and fight this manually" announcement. BoP is really fucked up in W1 though - massively overstates certain units (particularly hybrid melee/ranged) and ignores others.

Talk about Chromosomes in your essay, and how no amount of surgery or hormones can change an Y chromosome to a X and that having odd configurations of chromosomes (XXY) results in sterility. Don't connect it to transgenderism. Simply state that fact.

Basically this. I've been getting spoonfed this borderline anti-white trash all semester. I'm in an archaeology class too and my professor has done a wonderful job of dispelling that meme.

Dude I really don't wanna be the next Lindsay Shepherd. I'm just gonna pretend I buy into the narrative so that I can get the fuck out of here already.

I've had my own experiences with anthropology bullshit. Only for me it was claiming that some tribe in the Amazon had no concept of time because there was no word for past or future in their language - of course, according to the only outsider who spoke their language and got rich off of writing books and giving lectures on his 'discovery'.

>Dude I really don't wanna be the next Lindsay Shepherd. I'm just gonna pretend I buy into the narrative so that I can get the fuck out of here already.

Then they've already made a coward out of you.

Addendum. was just sifting through some powerpoints for a class I missed and this bitch is quoting Marx

I'm going to kill myself

I know man, I know. I just literally can't afford to jeopardize my already shaky position here. The last thing I need is to be embroiled in some university scandal over gender bullshit.

Universities must be really bad if that's what you're fucking worried about. The worst that happened from my disagreements with my professors is that they would argue more with me.

or maybe that's exactly what you want, carefully catalog everything, record conversations, make sure your have a good objective paper.

Just retreat into manchild fantasies of father figures with handlebar moustaches riding huge, panting, sweaty warhorses and slaughtering hordes of nonwhite tribals.

The randomly spawning BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION stacks have killed my enjoyment of the game. What's worse is I'll no doubt lose a couple settlements. Settlements which my trusted (((allies))) will resettle meaning either be infitinely triggered by my autism for the rest of the game, or backstab my allies to get them back.

Yes. They're obligatory but thanks for the advice anyway. Fortunately there's a lot you can do with a liazardman garrison if it has terradons.

It's a good feeling

I'd rather clean up my room

I may be exaggerating a little, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if I got some sort of formal reprimand or got forced into some sensitivity training if I tried to counter half the bullshit in this exam. I settled for taking any chance I could to poke holes in this obvious neomarxist garbage.

Besides, I'm dating a tranny...

Before anyone else says it.

KYSyourself.

>Besides, I'm dating a tranny...

Is he cute?

If he's cute and wears a skirt, than he's a girl.

C'mon user. You don't wanna sacrifice your integrity as an intellectual because these faggots might call you a racist. Write what you believe, what you have evidence for, and damn what the Marxists say.

We need people to preserve the truth user, y- Well fuck nevermind then. You have it coming.

Does drowning myself in vodka to bury the pain of knowing that the University as an institution is dying count?

Very cute, and her dresses are the cutest

I'm sorry, I gave into the memes. I couldn't resist the boipussy

Fuck all those other people. Some universities are lost causes. You can save taking a stand for your future career or at the ballot box, or in conversations with people who might listen one on one. You aren't gonna dismantle a system like that from within as a student with next to no actual power.

>Besides, I'm dating a tranny...
Literally a terrible idea.

>the University as an institution is dying
Silly user, Universities have been dead for decades. Like, since the 60's at least. First it was the counter culture and drugs in the 60's and 70's, then it was the frat house/party scene in the 80's, then it was the political correctness/wrong-think movement in the 90's

One thing I found quite effective against those early chaos waves was to deploy everything bar two skink units on the town square and turtle up, the two skinks get set up in a spaghetti line on the wall to active as many towers as possible.

quick reminder that you have to be pretty obtuse to confuse gender and sex

>tfw still no trailer on tomb kangz

will next week finally be the week?

Then why the hell am I even here, user? God, one of the last questions on this is about intersectionality. I'm literally going to vomit.

For me, it's not even about that, it's about the fact that this is an anthropology course and all it's been so far outside of learning some cool shit about chimpanzees has been dumb SJW memery.

MAYbe

So complain about the curriculum when asked to do a review of the course. You came to learn fucking science, not political theory.

>Then why the hell am I even here, user?

To get a piece of paper that said you were there, which is your obligatory entry pass into white collar employment. Rest assured absolutely no one will care about what you learned in college after that, and your major will only be tenuously relevant.

You are literally paying a social and financial fee to be taken seriously. Nothing else.

I already submitted my review in the laziest way possible (i.e. marked the middle option on everything and left fuck all for comments).

Did that website that Dr. Jordan Peterson want to create to point out Marxist professors/courses ever air in the U.S. or was that shit shut down?

Tomb Kangz have been pushed back till March.

NEXT WEEK IS THE WEEK

I thought the posts said january was the next DLC. was there another update?

He's yanking your chain

IDK man. I went to a baptist university. It was just as bad in the opposite direction. My math courses had a mission statement about honoring christ and applying christian morals to our course work.

In mathematics. Mind you, that was the first and only time it came up, because HOW THE FUCK DO YOU APPLY THE BIBLE TO MATH (besides doing something cool like learning about biblical weights and measures and currency, which sadly we did not)

CA have said something "Cryptic" is coming in January, AKA, Tomb Kings.

Norsca and the 30th anniversary RoR's have been pushed back to May

If they follow the original schedule, now that they've released laboratory mode, then we're also due for some FLC LL's sometime in between.

We probably won't see any major updates or trailers until after Christmas

I missed you

Tomb Kangz don't have crypts. That's VC.

Rollin

>YFW the something Cryptic is Vampire Coast
>yfw Tomb Kangz get cucked again
>yfw it's mostly reused assets

loving every laugh

Yea, really, how pissed is everyone going to be when it's a fucking playable Mousillan update and not our glorious Kangz?