/xgg/ - Xenogames General #28

Previous Thread: ========== Xenoblade 2 ==========

>Link to official JP twitter:
twitter.com/xenobladejp?lang=en

>XB2 Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Ygax_f4e5a8

>XB2 Direct with world & gameplay explanations
youtube.com/watch?v=0Hb0KmH2WBQ

>XB2 Story trailer (medium spoilers, at your own risk)
youtube.com/watch?v=DOQ9q4HDb0U
>XB2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XB game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/MRMxvWHH

>XB2 Blade, Combat and Quests FAQ
pastebin.com/yvMbe5rW

>XB2 Blade combo elemental chart
imgur.com/a/OiBPb

>XB2 Info Doc. Please help contribute to it.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EG0UpsgjhISr6_isiUpiWMU9qcXj6t8wWB0_LAiH1yE/edit#gid=0

========== Xenoblade X ==========

>XBX Links pastebin (faq, docs etc)
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY

==============================

Please mark your spoilers properly, anons.
If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AmzIucmF8yM?t=10m59s
youtube.com/watch?v=UVpfEPjaKM4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This game needs a fucking bestiary. goddammit.

>people attribute unpolished mechanics and sloppy design choices / bugs to the development team
>game was obviously rushed by Nintendo and the devs could do nothing about it

Kora webms when

All part of the survey on flora.

I actually don't even know if she says this anywhere, it's in her blade album entry but she doesn't have any flora-related skills.

If that were the case they'd have borrowed the X interface, which was just as smooth and logical as the original. I don't know why they felt they needed to reinvent the wheel if they were going to do such an annoying job with it.

Yeah this and the utter clunkiness of the menus when it came to setting blades and Merc Missions are easily my biggest complaints with the game.

>finally beat game
>this fucking part of the ending
I wanted to give her a hug

I don't get it. Is "Girl Power" some kind of euphemism for Nopon jizz?

I'm not a fan of the way affinity tasks don't seem to count until you visit the menu to get the unlock animation.

there are so many stupid shit that shouldn't be problems because they already did them right in the previous game, it's incredibly frustrating to think about especially considering how it pretty much improved all other fronts

wouldn't say rushed but the QOL has being going up and down over the games

No, it is a sexist social construct by white men who wish to divide women into a subculture separate from themselves and enforce gender roles.

I just finished up the Nopon Mural quest, and the amount of blade switching I had to do was annoying. I wish it just checked your whole blade stash and counted the input in field skills through those as well, not just the ones in your party.

Dude it's been not even 2 years since Xenoblade X, which came 5 years after 1. 2 year dev time (in reality less than 2 years, possibly even closer to 1 year) for a game this big and ambitious is simply not enough time, and it shows. But there is nobody to blame but the shareholders who wanted that year 1 release.

Don't have the game yet, is the lack of a bestiary as bad as XCX's Collectopedia only telling you what region stuff was in?

So the trend seems to be that whoever's Affinity chart you max out first is your wife.
This is my wife, then.

That would defeat the purpose. What they should have done is given you a separate binding in which you can slot a certain amount of blades specifically for their field abilities so you can eventually cover all your exploration bases without having to hunt around.

The game may have been a bit rushed but let's not pretend the other Xenoblade games were perfect. Sloppy overambitious game design is practically a staple of the series at this point.

>rushed
>a game that takes longer to complete than either of the previous games even if you do none of the grinding content and has more and more elaborate mandatory and optional cutscenes by a long way
lol ok

Have fun being a whipped husband user.

It's easy to make a game like this long. Tweaking some mechanics can easily pad on tens of hours. Sure there is a lot to do, but there is not a lot of unique stuff to do.

That's not the rushed part though. The animation, bugs (I found a ladder I couldn't climb half the time, fell through), bad texture pop-in and bad optimization are just the start of it.

I think its a good game, I just think another year would have worked wonders for it.

wasn't 2 in development along side X.
Plus also had its fair share of QOL issues
>have to find your party members(some only out during a certain time)
>have to go to your room if you want to change the time
I haven't played it in a while so i may be forgetting some but those are the ones that jump out at me

I suppose that's true, it just gets so frustrating having to Switch so much. Hopefully they polish it up in XC3.

Everything you just mentioned is better than the previous games though with the exception of the memory leak, which will likely be patched out.

he means the QoL things: menus, Ui, no bestiary, no way to track H2Hs, not being able to dismiss common blades in groups etc

yes it is a good game but it could have been much better, hopefully they patch some of these things in with the DLC

All those issues existed in Xenoblade X also. You sure as hell can't tell me that shit was rushed.

That's a 33% budget increase. You don't seriously believe that a bit more polish would result in 33% more sales, do you?

But the team is bigger and has more resources to work with now. It's obviously lacking in features, and I have no doubt that a lot more was planned for this game, but one day they got a call from some guy who said they want it out in some short time frame.

That's the nature of the business. Again, I liked the game but I wish they worked on it for another year.

Still messing with the Unnamed Core Crystal

Looks like the face is also fixed a majority of the time.

For Males it's face 1, for females, it's face 4.
Have gotten a few male face 2 and female face 1.
Also I have gotten ONE brute, so it is possible to get them.

ITAJJR?

None of those things are what would make a game 'rushed.' They're interface choices, which aren't anything remotely approaching time consuming to implement compared to the rest of a game. These were just plain bad design choices.

>have to go to your room if you want to change the time
You could change time at any base camp or in NLA, at some benches and tables.

>Pandoria on Rex
Stop cucking the Zekenator.

What's a quick way to get some amethyst chips? I'm on ch.4? I want to increase luck for better rare pulls

Collectopedia only showing you what region stuff was in
Collection-based sidequests not showing up on the minimap
Mech-combat being really slow compared to on foot, plus the cockpit thing having shit visibilty
Losing your jump after you got the flight module
Vehicle modes having shit steering
First two party members mandatory for every story mission, making it so there's no real point in any of the other 10+ members

>You could change time at any base camp or in NLA, at some benches and tables.
>in XC1 you could change the time in the menu

>all these rolls and still no Finch of Morag

NTR doujins with Rex fucking other people's Blades whern?

On the other hand, controlling time was pretty irrelevant unless you were hunting for heart to heart chats, in which case you were constantly near a magic bench anyway. Quest NPCs didn't move around.

>just got Dahlia
THAT'S NOT FUCKING FUNNY

She's just shy, user.

i'll trade you my finch for your dahlia

she's cute when she's in denial!

>Got Dahlia on Morag a day or 2 ago
I'm ok with this

Well shit after 2 rolls I finally got her.

I'm 200 cores in on KOS-MOS wild ride. I just want to say fuck you to anyone who pulled her during the main story.

What are the rare Tiger Tiger items that you can't buy for ether?

>want to use Kos Mos in the main story
>grinded close to 200 cores
>still no Kos Mos

Who are you trying to roll her on? Now that I'm finally free of Finch on Morags wild ride I was thinking of shooting for her on someone next.

I got her on Zeke and just sent her on merc jobs.

>want to build a nice team of your favourite waifus and husbandos to play through the story with
>can't because RNG bullshit and you'll never ever get them
God damn it.

This is the thing. Replaying would be even worse because you know exactly what you want and you're not going to get it.

Doesn't matter who I roll her on because Rex can use any blade he wants starting on ch8.

I'm doing Morag because Nia doesn't want her and I don't use anyone else.

Uh, guys. Might want to take a look at this.

just got pic related

im so happy

How do I even do that? Before you ask, yes, I completed the game but I still can't equip the other main blades on him nor remove them from their original driver.

Remember to feed your Praxis cake!

Best computer.

when can i get oppai loli

But she's a messy eater.

When will a draw friend show up and draw Praxis crying while everyone in the party tries to feed her cake?

Move their main blade to the middle or bottom slot and you can take them off.

how to change weather easy? and what weather is needed for the tantal boss?

i wish there was a rex and pyra amiibos so I could cum on them

teleport somewhere else and teleport back

as long as the other characters dont have their canon blades in their top slot, rex can equip them. The canon blades do have to be equipped by someone at all times (for plot reasons I guess) with the obvious exception which you should know by now

>The canon blades do have to be equipped by someone at all times
When Rex has someone else's main blade equipped, press X on their icon.

i did all same weather when i get back

Anyone know where to collect border sapphires in Leftheria for a quest called At Wit's End? from the Nopon on the lone island next to Fonsett. I've been searching for a god damn mineralogy collect point for ages.

Just doing Poppis quest. Is there any way ti aggro the giant level 50 fish into the main platform?

My potions keep falling below so i cant sustain myself in the fight.

Any help?

I am leven 57 and 58 x 2 using Rex, Nia and Tora.

I honestly dont mind having one healer on morag, Nia is never in the party and having zeke heal is pointless.

What setups are you guys using to make Fusion Combos? After seeing this: youtu.be/AmzIucmF8yM?t=10m59s (If you are not at the part where Rex changes his outfit then dont spoil yourself, otherwise the fight is a generic dino fight for 2 mins) I'm interested if others have built like this as well.

Alvis is Boreas confirmed

Just got 3 commons with my 3 legendary cores. What the fuck is the point of these?

Look at his jacket. It's the trinity processor. It's also of course on Fiora.

sidequest chain starting in gormott where you first fight Brigid
be prepared to wait out merc and core crystal timers

>doing second half of Praxis' quest
>water balloon tits jiggling everywhere

To piss you off.

>I honestly dont mind having one healer on morag
>one
Let me tell you about my wild ride.
>trying to get Finch
>get Kora
>Ursula
>Boreas
>Dahlia
I mean fuck. I also ended up getting Vale and Dagas on her as well both who probably would've been better on Zeke. I ended up Overdriving Boreas to Nia which was honestly a mistake since I like using blade Nia on Rex.

I'd rather just force her to play Coral Reversi. Playing board games for 500 hours is like an initiation for new blades.

No but seriously is there a way I can farm them? I thought they were gonna guarantee rares or something.

keep doing it. you're going to a completely different area right?

One big elaborate ruse.

>I thought they were gonna guarantee rares or something
You and everyone else. Its total bullshit legendary cores can give you common blades.

You can farm them but when it comes to rare blade summoning they're just as bad as the other two.

shit user, thanks for the advice, now I can finally drop pandy so zeke can have a megalance triple threat

>Affinity goes above S
Well shit. Anyone know what that potentially affects?

You can farm them, yes. Smashing and/or beating high-level unique monsters can make them drop.
youtube.com/watch?v=UVpfEPjaKM4
By the time you can easily farm them your odds of actually getting a remaining rare blade are probably so low that they'll do nothing, of course.

How fast it takes you to hit max affinity, how often blade arts proc.

>look its something everyone has known for years

So how do I get all the blades?

By grinding forever.

>current strongest chip puts Pyra's auto attack to 334 from 95
Drops her crit rate by 4% though. Where can I get more woodchips?

suffer through the grind like the rest of us

Gotcha. That's interesting, and totally not busted on Mythra.

The ball in the World Tree is faster to kill than that thing though.
So if he wants fastness he should kill the ball.
vampire is surrounded by other Adds while the ball is pretty much alone in its own tiny room.

Only other reason you'd want to fight Vampire is to get gold chips.

So is grinding crabs in Mor whatever not the best way? What is the optimal way of getting all these dumb things?

Yes, that was just the video I remembered was posted in the last thread. Getting a good amount of gold chips will also net you a few dozen rare/legendary cores, of course, so it's worth doing.
You can do crab grinding at much lower level, so that's the best way in the mid-game.