Sri Lankans

Are the Sinhalese people black? Why or why not? Honestly I just need to settle a debate.

In terms of colloquial usage of "black"? Yeah, why not.

In terms of being African? No.

They seem to have black hair but their skin seems to be a coppery burnt umber color.

The Sri Lankan kid and my school was deemed NOT BLACK by the black kids at the school. He fell in with the Brown Town crowd, the Indians, Pakistanis, and Bangladeshis.

I think that settles it.

Their facial structure seems different compared to the average facial structure of an African. They also have different hair. To be fair I don't have any data on this.

>He fell in with the Brown Town crowd, the Indians, Pakistanis, and Bangladeshis

Maybe because Sri Lanka is right off the coast of India eh? Maybe I'm just crazy.

Well yeah, obviously. Culturally he has much more in common with them than black people born and raised in America.

My roomate is sri lankan. Hes got a pretty long beard and he says black chicks dig him. Lots of compliments. I'm black and before we talked about it for abit.

He's chill, wouldnt say he's "african" black. The skin is fairly resembling the complexion of black people though.

He draws a hard distinction from sri lankans and indians.

>I can only comprehend things via a dichotomy
>All things must conform to my rigid categories

Considering they share no physical characteristics with african ethnic groups except dark skin(also found in other south indian populations which are not considered black), no. They are not.

>every indian is completely the same.
>unlike us sinhalese/bangladeshi/pakjabi/etc.

Most Indians are culturally completely different from other Indians. That's what you get when your country is like the size of Europe and as populated as China.

No, he says indians are very rude people, they get aggressive in soccer & cricket games ect. Fans included.

Btw, sri lanka is it's own independant state from india. And they claim their difference from it. He says ethnically, they are different from many indians.

"They (Sri Lankans) have more defined facial attributes".

I'm slightly seeing his point.

Well, not everything does but race does.

>african ethnic groups except dark skin

They do though.

Why? Just because you can only think in simple terms does not mean that reality has to conform to you, that is what you call hubris user.

Indians also say that about other Indians.

I know what you're saying, but he can atleast say, "hey, they are a totally different country than us"

>tfw Sri Lankan girl wants my dick

what do?

Same. Go for it. They're pretty wild desu.

and he would be a moron. India is pretty much a subcontinent just like europe with a wide variety of different ethnicities and cultures inhabiting it.

Wear a rubber

Sure man, all neighboring south east asian countries, neighboring arab countries all have the same cultural identity.

Just copy and paste.

Colloquially, "black" in the context of people's race means "of subsaharan african extraction".

Sri lankans are quite clearly not subsaharan african genetically.

they are clearly part of the caucasoid cluster.

any unsupervised clustering algorithm like Expectation maximisation or K means would clearly pick up that the caucasoid group with europeans, arabs and indo-iranic peoples was a different cluster from those of subsaharan africa.

Whenever something doesn't conform to your racist categories, the best option would be to make more categories.

But there are differences in race. I don't see why you're so angry

they are Australoid, specifically Veddoid

the Australoid is the proto-race of Caucasoids and Mongoloids

Australoid is a meme race.

South indians cluster with caucasoids genetically speaking. Insofar as there is an australoid race, it would only encompass australian aboriginals and melanesians. Might as well just call them abos.

Southern Indians are a mix of ASI(related to the ancestors of Oceanians) and Iran neolithic component that may be related to the Caucasus(Gedrosian?).

Northern Indians have additional steppe ancestry(something Yamnaya like) most likely from Andronovo,BMAC or historical migrations(Kushans,Scythians etc.)

>Southern Indians are a mix of ASI(related to the ancestors of Oceanians)
About as related as swedes and chinamen.

ASI were probably neolithic farmers who migrated east. But the truth is nobody knows.

And anyways the ASI/ANI model is fucking retarded. The guy just did PCA and saw that there were two big clusters. Wow what a discovery, it's almost as if there was a massive migration of central asian peoples into the subcontinent a few thousand years ago.

they're descended from australoids aka abos

This, don't even try to convince the likes of:

This Ignorant retard

I wasn't condemning your racism. I was condemning your adherence to arbitrary distinctions in the face of evidence. If there are major differences within a race, perhaps you ought to reconsider what you consider a race to be.

This image was made a decade ago by an Argentinian mathematician based on 20+ year old data.
It doesn't show anything meaningful about human genetics.

They are australoid.
No, black only refers to bantu, bantoid and the black american mongrel race.

>They are australoid.

Fuck off retard

If she wants it, the only thing to do is to give it to her user

Idiot

So you're saying Ghanaians, Togolese, Sudanese, Gambians, Malinese, etc aren't black?

Bantu is an ethnic group

They aren't australoid

"Black" is a political construct, not a genetic one.
You need to clarify which "black" you mean - the everyday use one (so skin color), the modern politics one (so west and south african descent), the colonial one (so all subsaharan africans) and so on.

>I think that settles it.

Yeah man, whatever black children in your school say is fact. We can't possibly argue otherwise.

No, she is a wog.

>"hurry up user, lick my feet before my husband Patel returns from his IT job. Praise Ganesh!"

how does Veeky Forums respond?

>Praise Ganesh!

lmfao

>Praise Ganesh!

ASI is clearly Onge like that split from the ENA branch of humans. Whether or not ASI can be divided into several subgroups is best left for another day.

ANI is a composite of two major West Eurasians groups,neolithic Iranian and Steppe.

All of this can be solved if with ancient dna(whenever that comes out).

Siamese are Buddhist though

the mtdna Haplogroup M unites Australians, Papuans and Indians (Dravids, Hindis included)

Subcontintentals (Indians/Lankans) are Australoid

Haplogroup M2 [2] - found in South Asia
Haplogroup M3 [3] - found mainly in South Asia
Haplogroup M29'Q found among Papuans, Australian Aborigines
Haplogroup M31 [24] - found among the Onge, in the Andaman Islands[15]
Haplogroup M32 [25] - found in Andaman Islands
Haplogroup M33 [26] - found in South Asia
Haplogroup M33a - found in India
Haplogroup M34 [27] - found in South Asia
Haplogroup M40 [30] - found in South Asia[15]
Haplogroup M41 - found in South Asia
Haplogroup M42 [31] - found among Australian Aborigines
Haplogroup M5 [5] - found in South Asia
Haplogroup M6 [6] - found mainly in South Asia

These Holocene inhabitants of India were getting dominated by Dravidian-speaking Persian Elamites of the Indus Valley Civilization pushing further south into the Indian peninsula. The Veddoid natives of India experienced Dravidification by adopting the language of the Elamites.
mitochondrial DNA (which is maternally inherited) studies indicated that Indian mtDNA lineages cluster with the southeast Asians (Papuans), indicative of the Australoid-Veddoid substratum.

Modern studies indicate that the mtDNA lineages in India belong to the Australoid M haplogroup, whose Indian variety (T at np16223) probably originated around 48000 +/- 1500 years before present (i.e. about 46000 BC), and more than 98% of the M individuals carry this variety. This haplogroup is reaches 96.7% amongst the Kotas of the South.

Among its lineages M2 is the most diverse and occurs in significantly higher frequency among the Austro-asiatic tribals. The M3 (frequent among Dravidian tribals), M4, and M5 are also found in significant numbers.

back to plebbit

siam is modern day thailand, what are you talking about?

Bruh that's not an argument lmao

What evidence nigga. You can't just bring it up and leave me hangin.

probably meant sinhalese

Sri Lankans are literally the same as Tamils

Are you kidding me dude? Why would they have a 30 year civil war if they were the same. Sinhalese and Tamils are very different, both culturally and biologically.

The darker skin tones result from proximity to the equator and working conditions that involve farming for 18 hours a day or w/e
I'm there on holiday right now, middle class Sri Lankans skin tone is indistinguishable from Indians and upper caste ones are basically Pakis

so the meme that pakistan is whiter than india is true?

This girl is a South Indian Tamil

My TA is Sri Lankan, they're essentially Indians, aren't they?

There is the fact that Pakistan is more northern/further away from the equator than India.

Additionally Pakis and North Indians are both Indo-Aryan while South Indians are Dravidian, but neither group today is purely Indo-European/Caucasoid or Australoid unlike 6000 years or however so much ago.

The further North and West you go, the more "pure" Indo-Europeans you find. Pakis and Kashmiris, Sikhs, Punjabi etc, are probably around 5-10% Australoid, while middle Indo-Aryans are at least a quarter or so and the southern groups (Marathi, Dhivehi, Sinhalese) are probably around a third.

Modern Dravidians have identifiably caucasoid features like brow ridges and overall skull shape, so probably have a fair amount of Indo-European admixture themselves.

"Indian" is not really an ethnicity or race, originating as a blanket term for the region, but under the ethnic umbrella of the Indian subcontinent, yes, they are quite literally Indian. Don't tell them that, though.

nah

Whoa dude hold up where you go to school?

Back to pol you retarded fuck

>anatolian mymothesis map

no

why is she so cute?

I'd take the poo to her loo if you know what I mean

The internet is vast, and a quick google search will tell you all you need.

No. Dark skinned south asians.

Race based on skin colour is bullshit anyway.
Geography and genetics are better.
Look at the girl in the picture. She is dark skinned, sure, but she has straight hair and caucasoid features. My first guess would be indian/pakistani/bangladeshi etc. not Kenyan.

This.

>caucasoid features meme

like?

straight hair is not unique to caucasoids, but occurs also in mongoloids and australoids

her abo nose aint caucasoid, neither is her puffy abo cheeks

infact she resembles a typical australian abo

Aww yiss.

The Indians descended from the higher classes are closer to the Ayrans than the mix-'n'-match Whites (i.e. Americans).

I have no idea but their girls are qt as fuck.

>Are you kidding me dude? Why would they have a 30 year civil war if they were the same
Yes.

No, just darker streetshitters.

Here is an example, Africans should be divided into 3 races, pygmies, East and West African.

Massive holes in that one.

they are genetically related to noongas,
so yes

The modern and colonial are one in the same.

Bantu is a language group.

I initiate her as my Yogini and Wisdom Consort ;^)

No, different skulls mang

Bangladeshis and Sri Lankans poo in loo as i recall

>bangladeshi
>poo in loo
lmoa

one image isn't quite conclusive evidence, is it

picrelated are also sinhalese/sri lankans; they are clearly overwhelmingly Indian

>In a remarkable achievement, official data reveals that open defecation has reduced to only 1%, a “milestone change” from the 42% in 2003, making it a role model for other countries in the region. Approximately 595 million people in India, about half the population, do not use toilets. In Pakistan the number is 41 million, or about 21%, while for Nepal the number is 15.5 million, or 54% of the population. Only Sri Lanka, of all other South Asian states, has managed, like Bangladesh, to virtually wipe out open air defecation.

knoema.com/atlas/topics/Water/Sanitation-Total-Population/Open-Defecation-Sanitation-percent?type=maps

>Modern Dravidians have identifiably caucasoid features like brow ridges

Aborigines and various "black" races in Asian all have those.

>praise ganesh

lol you fucking autist

>There is the fact that Pakistan is more northern/further away from the equator than India.

that's bullshit because a lot of pakistanis immigrated from india after partition

persian admixture in muslim population could be a factor

I wanna fugg with the third and fourth on the first row, the second and fourth on the middle row, and the fourth on the last row desu

Do Bangladeshi and Sri Lankan get triggered when people mistake them for Indian?

Don't know any Bengalis but the Pakis I know hate it and the one Sri Lankan guy i asked here if he considered himself Indian got really huffy and insisted they were not like Indians or w/e

resembles a south indian, as opposed to a black person

indians are
literally
niggers

This but unironically

yes dont do it
t.sri-lankan

North Indians are genetically closer to whites than they are to niggers senpai

They're aryans who mixed with the Sudras(black population)

isn't aryan a meme indians use to make themselves seem more white

I guess Mixed Dravidian

We are all niggers, user

The next to last girl looks kinda asian, sorta nepali