/scg/edg/ Star Citizen Elite Dangerous General #240

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Elite Dangerous v2.4 is online with improvements to base game and dlc content.
Frontier announced a new expansion called "Beyond" and will offer it for free to everyone who bought horizon.
Season three will focus on refining core gameplay and introducing new content.

Retaliation Trailer*
youtube.com/watch?v=38bHNSB4cDM
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

*Not actual game footage

>Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>FAQs
pastebin.com/aQPMdGhi

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

scribd.com/document/367101474/Crytek-v-CIG
youtube.com/watch?v=EV_zo6JObqI&feature=youtu.be&t=3
store.steampowered.com/app/594650/Hunt_Showdown/
youtu.be/EV_zo6JObqI?t=419
youtu.be/Nux7LSyxuyU
youtube.com/watch?v=Ru3zwjVMP3A
artstation.com/artwork/J1KQD
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Holy shit, dead general much?
3.0 flew by like the fucking Flash, huh?
What do you guys expect from the holiday streams n shit?
I wish pic related wasn't overpriced.

I was waiting to see if it would die twice in one night.
I wonder where all the people waiting on 3.0 are?

Probably left.
Some people should check their RSI accounts though.
I never got any email but apparently I have ptu access.

3.0 isn't out yet and we always experience content drought before events

>I wonder where all the people waiting on 3.0 are?

We're here, waiting. Enough talking, we want to try the damn thing.

where do you see if you have access on your account?

There was a tab in yellow called "Public Test Universe".
Hadn't seen it before at turned out it was full access.

How much damage does a size 1 badger do to a player character?
I fucking hope that ship guns one shot players unless it's like the smallest repeater against the heaviest armor.

>Keep checking
>No access
Oh well.

yea i have the ability to do it but when i went to download it it downloaded 2.6 not 3.0

Damn lads, last thread died with eight posters, and this one has eight (now nine) posters. Only so many times we can all watch the same Xenthor Xi videos and hope that shit comes out soon.

Reposting some user's prediction from the dead thread:
This time next year I think that:
>Stanton system completed
>Jump points not yet implemented
>About a dozen interact-able mission givers, with some more developed mission trees beyond 'go here and do x'
>Hawk, Hammerhead, new Mustang, Hull A, B, C, Phoenix, 600I, Reclaimer, Cutlass Blue, Razor, and updated 300i all flyable
>Player cap won't be 128, will be in the 70s maybe
>Hangers like we were originally supposed to have implemented in an extremely rudimentary way. Not the final version
>Racing, Star Marine, and Arena Commander all accessible from within PU like originally designed
>Early system of in game Org tools implemented
>SQ42 not released
>First pass at dynamic economy (haul mined materials from X place, to ArcCorp, which then slightly changes output)
>Darkie Shart will be caught outside of the CIG offices attempting to kill CRoberts
>Funding will surpass 200 million
>Goons and assorted shitposters will still shitpost

I clicked some link and got a mail with a password for 3.0 ptu account.

>Hawk, Hammerhead, new Mustang, Hull A, B, C, Phoenix, 600I, Reclaimer, Cutlass Blue, Razor, and updated 300i all flyable

>No Freelancer MIR

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Their priorities are annoying at times.

>Freelancer MIR
MIS? DUR?

>gameplay mechanics implemented in PU before SQ42 release
s.m.h i call b.s. t.b.h. f.a.m.

So after the AI patch I've been unable to launch the game without an immediate crash (cant even get to the menu), deleting user folder, verifying files, and clean re-install did nothing, any ideas?

MIR, it's the commie one.

Video driver?

I had actually hoped that were the case because a new driver was available, but same story after installing

It worked fine before the patch, because I accidentally launched it before patching and i got in no problem, close it, patch it, problem

probably no choice but to dump the whole thing and try again. it used to be every patch was 30gb, now you have to do it twice. not that big a deal in the long run, but annoying to be sure.

Already tried that once, though I suppose I can try again

Does anyone know where the login data and such is saved?

your ptu invite email. if you can't find that, just copy your account again. btw, you have tried copying your account again, right?

lmao it doesn't even mention gameplay mechanics like mining and whatever. I wonder if the guy who wrote it figured that there wasn't a chance in hell.

>Crytek trying to prolong it's slow death by suing CIG

What did they mean by this?

scribd.com/document/367101474/Crytek-v-CIG

Probably non compete clauses for some of the people CIG scooped up. Crytek probably isn't serious but has to go through every motion and try to get money from anyone they possibly can before they are allowed to go bankrupt by the court.
Same way a company has to sue you if you infringe on their trademark, or else they risk losing it by not pursuing every chance they had to defend it.

>50. On May 6, 2015, Defendants began posting a series of videos online titled "Bugsmashers." The videos contain excerpts of information from CryEngine that were confidential, in breach of the GLA, and should not have been shown to the public. The series continues today.

I more meant the remember me data on my computer but I have tried thay and will, thanks

I will say I downloaded and installed it on my laptop and that works fine

so chris is gonna exit scam?

Hardly, CIG might throw them a bone out of court as a thanks for the engineers, but this is no threat to CIG. lacks intent to cause harm and is just the lawyer throwing the whole pot against the wall, hoping for any noodles to stick.

>by now CIG hired half of all Crytek employee and could buy the engine if they wanted

>"Crytek is an industry-leading video game developer, publisher, and technology provider."

don't bully

CIG being in trouble and needing money from the bank was honestly more believable than Crytek having sour grapes over giving their one trick pony away and standing any chance of getting anything from CIG for it.

>Crytek and Defendants subsequently formalized their relationship by entering into a Game License Agreement. In that Agreement, Defendants promised, among other things, (i) to use the CryEngine game development platform exclusively and to promote that platform within the video game, (ii) to collaborate with Crytek on CryEngine development, and (iii) to take a number of steps to ensure that Crytek's intellectual property was protected. Defendants utterly failed to follow through on those promises, and their actions and omissions constitute breaches of contract and copyright infringement and have caused substantial harm to Crytek

i: CIG no longer uses what was known as CryEngine in a formal capacity. This is also an odd dig at Lumberyard, which is spawned from CryEngine.
ii: They collaborated by employing Crytek people after Crytek went bust, beforehand they had an extremely close working relationship that was evidenced throughout the process.
iii: CIG hasn't released any of the CryEngine source, and much of the ground breaking innovations for the game are done entirely at the hands of CIG themselves.

The only claim that has any merit is claim 1. CIG's lawyers are probably going to tear this apart as they have $170 million behind them, while Crytek (or what is left of it) has like maybe ten dollars max. Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom is a fairly reputable firm, but it's ludicrous to think that this case would have senior partners, or even general partners, working on this case.

I believe crytek will go bankrupt before the case is settled.

>Crytek is an industry-leading video game developer, publisher, and technology provider.
How you gonna start off right away with he lies? At least bury 'em a bit.

"Among other things, it claims CIG only licensed CryEngine for 1 game (SC), not two (SQ42), that CIG has given copies of CryEngine source to third parties (FaceWare), shown proprietary source to the public (Bugsmashers), failed to provide CryTek with bug fixes and optimizations as agreed upon, and is failing to exclusively use CryEngine as agreed upon."

Chris is a fucking moron

SQ42 isn't a separate game, it's the single player

Too bad CIG didn't try to portray it that way
>Chris is a fucking moron

They certainly aren't marketing it that way.

>You misinterpret
>Call someone else an idiot
Sasuga.

>CIG calling SQ42 and Star Citizen two different games in multiple public posts/videos doesn't count because they're really the same connected game
No shit, but welcome to the legalese and licensing world due to their incompetence

Desperation play by Crytek, hoping for a settlement at best, you don't blast out all of your claims like this and expect to win, there's also no major claim to back the entire thing.

I wonder what all the old Crytek employees are thinking right about now? Watching their old company try to sue their new company, because the old one is in it's death throws and has been taken over by bankrupty consultants.

Allegedly some of them weren't getting paid, so perhaps they're hoping Crytek gets fucked over.

Crytek is going to win, no contest.

youtube.com/watch?v=EV_zo6JObqI&feature=youtu.be&t=3

MECHS
WHEN

"g-guys crytek is still a real company"
"Star citizen mightve bought every good dev we had b-but check this out"
store.steampowered.com/app/594650/Hunt_Showdown/

as if this exact formula for a game hasnt failed miserably 3-4 times in the last 10 years

>youtu.be/EV_zo6JObqI?t=419

y'all what the fuck, that is insane

>Destroy caterpillar in space (ish?)
>Destroyed pieces fall down onto planet as real object
>Cargo also falls down onto the planet
Well shit.

I have to say thats impressive AF and not even NMS has such.

youtu.be/Nux7LSyxuyU

>"DAM PHYSICZ IZ TOTALY WRONG!"
>"BC 3K DAT CUTTING EDGE!"
>uploads Sandi's fap folder

well the atosphere is comically far away from thje surface of daymar
it's about 30,000 KM altitiude theye doing this at but still technically inside atmo/gravity

it's and on-off switch whether your in or out of gravity, so this is technically working properly, for what properly is

ok

He divorced. She found Sandi's fap folder.

Does this mean that we'll be able to use Hull series ships as giant shotguns?
>Hull C in orbit above battlefield
>tilts down and enters straight into atmosphere
>accelerates to max velocity
>releases all cargo
>thousands of small containers rain down on the battle field, killing anyone they hit instantly

Is this the true meta?

When they stop trying to make them fit in ship corridor.

So I downloaded this new PTU thingy after getting an invite. The menu shows I can only go to crusader or 4 hangars. When I open stanton all i get is a black screen. I've tried the deleted user profile and still nothing.

Have I missed something?

Eta on people needing transport ships for soldiers

You saw in the vid that cargo doesn't do kinetic damage only ship debris does.

you're using the new launcher right
and yeah you'll have a black screen for 10-15 seconds loading into the PU. much longer if you don't have the game running from an SSD. wait for ingame sounds and you'll be able to move out of bed

is this your first time playing the game entirely or what? i wouldnt suggest starting on a patch that is the pre-alpha to the alpha within the pre-alpha. just wait for live release if you're new

You've missed your patience. It doesn't connect you to the server very quickly and there's no indication that it's loading unless you use the tilde key to get the debug screen. I'm pretty sure there are all sorts of threads on Spectrum about this.

Crytek is suing CIG

I suppose its good then that you aren't the judge for the case

Read the thread retard.

y-you too..

>in this video
>you can surf on another ship while falling
>moon at least will give you the time to reach an escape pod
>the engine don't have too much problem dealing with hundred of cargo box
>the raven isn't a stealth ship, it's an elevator
>partial desynch between player is a bitch

Look promising.

Just wait more

First ptu patch, first time I connected it took like 2 minutes or something. From an SSD.

You can open the console to see it's progress. It'll say there when it connected.

fucking mechfags
not even once

I don't see any reason for mechs in this game, other than Ben getting more money for life support.

I see them as shock troops and that is about it. I don't think we'll ever get like 10 meter tall mechs, but ones that are five or six meters tall could be useful for fast deployment from altitude or even from orbit.

Too much being pushed into Planetside territory with that idea. Since the game isn't about that kind of gameplay, there wouldn't be a point for those kinds of things.

>I see
>I want
>gib mech
Good thing this is Chris' game and not yours.

I dunno famiglia, all the bikes, jeeps, and tanks that they're adding, plus this video makes it look like combined arms are going to be meaningful.

I'm not the guy who first brought them up, and I would prefer them to not be in the game. However that is what I do see them operating as, because they are being implemented into the game as we speak. I've got no interest in Gundams, but since mechs will end up in the game we should at least think about their role.

Actually I linked that video. And the way I see it, all of those bikes and vehicles still require you to use your ship to get to a planet, so it is my hope that ships will be required for planetary entry because then it causes other issues if not. What are those people who drop down going to do if they have no way of getting back up? Just /suicide?

> because they are being implemented into the game as we speak
proof
and don't post the one fuzzy screengrab of an artist working on power armor concept art

Come on man, all mechs aren't gundams. They come in all shapes and sizes.

>nd don't post the one fuzzy screengrab of an artist working on power armor concept art

welp, other than Croberts talking about power armor dock workers a while ago that screenshot is all there is.

>deliberately refer to SQ42 as a standalone game multiple times
>it's really not
Chris needs to get his shit together.

Yea but when you go to install the out it says it is 2.6 ptu

Probably can re-brand it as "Standalone offline episodic module" or some shit.

Maximum theorycrafting: In the long term it is easy to imagine that orgs will utilize those ground vehicles as permanent assets to defend their land claims, as it seems likely that the land claims run by the larger orgs are going to be fairly big and will be more akin to military bases. Currently yeah, the Ursa needs to be deployed to a planet, and it'd be nonsensical to just leave it there. But on a longer term view an Ursa, Cyclone, or the tank would be important for transport and defense of those installations. For the mechs I'd assume they could just be picked up after the conclusion of the op?

So in other words you have no evidence that mechs are ever going to be in the game, much less that they are even being worked on currently?

Retard that is basically what he said but also if you're just going to discount the one piece of evidence from CIG that they are concepting mechsuits and then say they aren't being worked on you are gonna need to cool your autism

youtube.com/watch?v=Ru3zwjVMP3A

I had other arguments hence my incomplete sentence but I wasn't able to word it in a way that I liked. I guess my ultimate reasoning against it is that it will add unnecessary complexity to the game in requiring more than just defense of land and legitimately be feature creep.

>it's and on-off switch whether your in or out of gravity
What are you basing this on? CR said it's a real degradation of gravity as you move out

you need to download a new patcher entirely that should be present on the PTU website and in the emails you got.

ok, but it's not. theres no acceleration involved, objects start and end at terminal velocity when falling

i'm sure it'll be there eventually but it isn't now and doesnt need to be

Agreed. I'd rather us get what was promised first, rather than mechs, orbital drops, and planetside 2.

Where is our fucking helmet flip CRoberts?

artstation.com/artwork/J1KQD

Are you crazy? It's probably the only game with a good setting for it.
You'll land on dozen and dozen of moons and planets with no roads, terrible terrain, step bigger than human, extreme weathers and even the Fauna/Flora will kill you.
You'll want better than space suit for that.

btw I define mech here as no taller than 3m, the idea of using them in cargo bay is fine but I wish they don't trie to make them move around corridors which is probably the reason so many ship got bigger.

However if they just use tank and overtank I yield they'll give them some crazy design that every will mock anyway

>Probably the only game with a good setting for it
This is a space sim first and foremost. A game where the focus is on combat only in specific battlefields/engagement areas would be much better, hence me citing Planetside quite a bit in my later posts.

>(((evidence)))
And power armor =/= mechs

I downloaded the new patcher and followed all the steps still only have 2.6 as the ptu