Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/U2AD8UHK
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.
Suggested Changes: piratepad.net/YwogqyaUro

>Useful Links
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Recently Released
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2332124
Steve[Monster] SR Mod - mega.nz/#!hBQi0BYL!BVWiYErNVlf1Bfrx55LdW64Ck01Z7J8_99roVxHW7Mc
DARKNESSHERO SR Rance Mod - mega.nz/#F!VloWzD6B!trEkYLMKASDXIYsGdLa8jw

>Upcoming Games
English
Evenicle (English) - Likely Early 2018
Sengoku Rance (English) - After Evenicle
Rance Quest Magnum (English) - Likely 2019
mangagamer.org/rance/

Japanese
Rance X - 23rd February 2018
Teaser: youtube.com/watch?v=CpMoCuxFIIY
youtube.com/watch?v=lqyEY8H76TY
Gameplay Explanation: my.mixtape.moe/wvnjmu.pdf
Rance X Character Roster:
my.mixtape.moe/jlcxgw.png
Jpg version that is under 4mb:
my.mixtape.moe/ghknzm.jpg

RPG 3- by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Dohna Dohna - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio:
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/cat_92268.html

>Upcoming Events
Quiz Project
pastebin.com/v6kuqn4q

Veeky Forums League
Round of 16 December 15th
Final Day December 16th

Other urls found in this thread:

foolz.fireden.net/vg/thread/4550/#4550
foolz.fireden.net/vg/thread/5894576/#5894576
foolz.fireden.net/vg/thread/6228556/#6228556
foolz.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/Rance/type/op/page/17/
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/Rance/type/op/
foolz.fireden.net/vg/thread/60797020/#60804453
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4868589.html
kissmanga.com/Manga/Sengoku-Rance
amazon.co.jp/ランス・クエスト-1-電撃ジャパンコミックス-シ-3-1/dp/4048869728
amazon.co.jp/ランス・クエスト-2-電撃ジャパンコミックス-白根戴斗/dp/4048919164
amazon.co.jp/ランス・クエスト-3-電撃ジャパンコミックス-白根-戴斗/dp/4048690191
amazon.co.jp/dp/4894908409/
amazon.co.jp/dp/4894908646/
amazon.co.jp/dp/4894908727/
amazon.co.jp/dp/4894908867/
amazon.co.jp/dp/4894908948/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

At the end of last thread someone did some archive digging.

Despite this our counting starts here

foolz.fireden.net/vg/thread/4550/#4550

16th February 2012
The first ever Rance general on Veeky Forums

foolz.fireden.net/vg/thread/5894576/#5894576
When Ludo first appeared as a prospective Rance VI translator.

This was thread 2
foolz.fireden.net/vg/thread/6228556/#6228556

foolz.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/Rance/type/op/page/17/
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/Rance/type/op/

Should cover every single thread we have had.

I too remember times when Anasel had actual tits.

Quite sizable at that.

So I managed to add a new set of Special character bonuses. The Steve [Monster] Mod's goal since the beginning was adding characters that were missing from the game, with long term goals of adding more Second Games Bonuses for an Ashikaga House Bonus for the Isoroku Route and Demon Army Bonus for the Kill the Monkey Route, so this is one step towards progress for me.
I don't know what to do with the bonus characters besides having them be these classes, so I'll take any suggestion.

Ragnarokarc Super Hanny

Random thought: The plot line of another woman falling in love with Souun would be interesting.

Neutron hanny.

Why? He is content with his love for deceased Ran.

Komatsu

That's exactly why it would be interesting. How would he react to a woman falling for him?

What if it is Silbarrel?

I think he will have a role as big as in one in rance quest.

That already happened and he doesn't care because he's faithful to his dead waifu.

Are the images still available on the first thread?

He swears eternal chastity for Ran, he'll just blow her off and keep himself busy with work.

By the time the first general thread was made, how popular was Rance? I can see that there were already guides available, and active progression for translating Rance III. When did Maria enter the scene?

Sengoku Rance was massive on /v/, /a/ and /jp/ after the takajun translation. Late 2009/first half of 2010 was probably the peak.

Before Veeky Forums in it's peak it was massive and talked about everywhere, I think by the time of Veeky Forums it was pretty much at the "I wish people talked about it more again" stage.

Someone should make a compiled history of /haniho/. Like the events leading up to Rance's popularity on Veeky Forums, the first general, what games got translated when, explain events like the Maria controversy which spawned "don't believe their lies", etc.

Don't believe their lies predated Buy Haruka by years.

what like a book?

The first general was linked and the translation dates of every game are on vndb. Sengoku Rance getting translated in 2009 led to popularity.
Before Veeky Forums there weren't any Rance generals.

Actually how did rance get translated in the first place?

There's already one that covers up to "Buy Haruka" I think? It's written tongue-in-cheek but accurate. If you guys are archive-diving, you might be able to find it. "Don't believe their lies" is from the very start of the threads, we used it to refer to Ludo's stagnant VI translations until he killed it. Then revived it. Then killed it again.

TakaJun thought it was fun and so he translated it so that the English populace could play it. Pretty much that.

The /jp/ threads with BB and Quest and Daiteikoku hype were fun. Finding out lore, Hornet getting rape, thinking Aegis was Pastel in disguise.

I was thinking something akin to the OP of VI and IX, if someone could make that. Otherwise just an image or some kind of "scroll" you can read somewhere which has a timeline of events that starts at like 2009, when Takajun translated SR, all the way up to today.

I think the history of /haniho/ is pretty interesting and it could serve as an easy guide for newcomers. It would also make us look more legitimate, if you get what I mean.

>TakaJun just did it
based

i wonder what that process was like, what did he hang out in his apartment for a week translating it and eating hot pockets?

Is YandereTL still up? You can see the progress there. It was roughly 1.5 years, I think. Don't think there are those crazy enough to translate something of SR's size in a week.

>translating SR in a week

I'm coming back to translate X.

Nice shitpost.

Thanks, user.

foolz.fireden.net/vg/thread/60797020/#60804453
I remember this. The hype for Shizuka and Miracle (which we didn't know the name back then) reveal. Which we already were pretty much certain about because of the heroines slim posters showed that there was a hat which was very like Shizuka's and a dress which was very likely Miracle's.

At the time of the site update I was with a link of what would likely be Shizuka image and was reloading all the time, until it opened.

I was considering archiving all the threads on my pc.

You should already be doing that for threads you would like to have access to. The TOS allows fireden to delete the threads at any time and I don't believe they are archived anywhere else.

blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4868589.html
I wonder how something like this is organized. Do they contact each place directly or is there some organization that connect shops in Akliba which may want to participate in collabs and companies that wan't to advertise their products?

I'm also curious if AS who decided which character each place would get, or if they had a choice between those 10 (or maybe a larger pool) and they did it on a first come first serve basis.

This is all speculation but they likely have agencies with lists of participating shops. It's not uncommon in Japan for companies to send representatives across the country to prepare for these sorts of promotions however, so Alicesoft may have sent a few peple out to Tokyo to prepare it after first contacting the shops via email/phone etc.

With the character Market as popular as it is in Japan I reckon that Alicesoft have documents detailing statistics such as character popularity etc. which they pitch to the shops, the popularity of the character being an important part of what the final deal is settled as.

I think its all really cool to be honest how they collaborate so much

Hold on, there is a manga version of Sengoku Rance? So far I've seen two chapters being translated, but seems like there are 44.

When will this be translated?

Never.

this is news to me

I find it cool too. Just really curious about the logistics of it. Your speculation does makes sense.

kissmanga.com/Manga/Sengoku-Rance
Too bad the translator put too many unfunny notes, but you can easily ignore them.

Yes and If I remember correctly the mangaka was a bit of a Senfag. Although it ends during Mouri´s conquest. There´s also a Quest manga but I don´t think there are any scans after the first volume.

It has an LN version too.

The manga version I believe is endless hiatus just like the Rance Quest one.

Kanami's sex scene in the Quest manga and her naked clothing scene are both translated. Check the pastebin.

YandereTL has been dead for years. I think Mirror Moon has some Yandere archives on their site.

I know, but that one was digital along with the next chapter and from what I can recall neither were included in the 3 volumes released.

Could you provide links to the mangas if you have them? Google only provides english results, I'd like to see the SR and RQ mangas in entirety.

I don't have them digitally, no. I can try finding them in a bit.

You're correct. Vol 3 ends at Satella scene. The Kanami scenes were part of the digital chapters when the manga was restarted, but then entered hiatus again before there was enough chapters out to release another volume.

There's exactly three volumes for the Quest manga. Search for works done by Shirane Taito (白根戴斗):

Vol 1
amazon.co.jp/ランス・クエスト-1-電撃ジャパンコミックス-シ-3-1/dp/4048869728

Vol 2
amazon.co.jp/ランス・クエスト-2-電撃ジャパンコミックス-白根戴斗/dp/4048919164

Vol 3
amazon.co.jp/ランス・クエスト-3-電撃ジャパンコミックス-白根-戴斗/dp/4048690191

One of the scenes in Vol 2 depicts the tantrum Pastel threw against Rance after she has the artifact confiscated from her by Crook, and it's twice as hilarious in the manga. But for the majority of remaining scenes throughout the volumes, they pretty much reuse the exact dialogue as they are in Quest, so you're not missing anything other than the actual events being visualised.

Wait, does that mean the LN version is still going, or is at least farther than the manga?

The LN version concluded the story, from the covers and the description on the last volume summary on amazon (now with all of Japan's army in tow, Rance challenges Xavier)

amazon.co.jp/dp/4894908409/
amazon.co.jp/dp/4894908646/
amazon.co.jp/dp/4894908727/
amazon.co.jp/dp/4894908867/
amazon.co.jp/dp/4894908948/

Nice, seeing the same scenes but with more visuals is pretty amazing. MangaGamer would miss out on a good opportunity if they don't sell and translate the Quest manga.

It's also supervised by Alicesoft. So it may give us a better feel of all that happened on canon than the game can actually do.

I hope 10 gets manga and/or LN adaptation.

>Coming back from being a Japanese salaryman
Some lies are just too big to be true, user.

Glad I have found the doujins now. It's like a new dimension opened up for me, as a Rance fan.

More likely there is a type of firm which concerns itself with restaurant promotions.

I wonder if he'll stay loyal to his eternal girlfriend he didn't fuck, Ran.

>eternally loyal to the girlfriend he didn't fuck (the one Rance fucked)
how noble

Does he knows Rance scored her before she died?

cute

>in the manga, Ieyasu goes down in one panel to Rance's wimp swing when he is a boss in the game
>in the manga, Yukihime loses her virginity because of some retarded reason like country needs or whatever
It's shit.

He didn't actually.

*forgot to add "to Runce" to "loses her virginity " there
The sheer retardation made me forgetful.

>boss
Ieyasu goes down to one rance attack in-game (at 9 atk and level around 65).

he doesn't do kids

to be fair yuki lost her virginity to someone because of country needs in canon

Yes, Sounn shall meet his true soulmate in X.

And manga Rance breezed through everything so he still should be far from that. We also didn't see him consume any books for stat raising.
He is still a lolicon who tried to put it in loli Sill, in fact in Kou's bath scene he needs to pat himself on the back for not getting a boner while being all smug about it too.

But it wasn't to Rance since she still had some taste in men and that's what counts.

bitter much, sounn?

Is any of that in english? The link provided only has up to suzume

Come on, if I was a bitter virgin I would hate on TOSH and the rest of Swagmazu like the vocal half of this general, no? I want to know what would go through the head of that lone non-Tosh diviner behind Tosh Sounn.

i want to be that lucky shota

Why is Rance so greatest?

Rance probably doesn't even remember her anymore so she might as well be a virgin in memoriam

Anyone else like the Ran route the best?

Bullying Ran and cukcing Sounn is just so much fun.

Fuck off Rance

I still haven't even played Ran route.

I like it because I really love those Japanese demons. Also Swagmazu being recruitable and all round fun guys.

Blame the format. As an ero manga it's expected to have at least one scene per chapter and to rush things not related with the ero.

Rance didn't fuck Ran or Souun don't know?

>9. Archfiend Small Hime

He canonically didn't fuck Ran.

And here we have a perfect candidate for Ho Raga

it was fun to cuck souun though

Keikoku probably stole his virginity while she was brainwashing him in Ran's Route.

>not DHR 100th-thread anniversary Edition

don't worry,
I'll be sure to whore the OP when I can get a working local multiplayer prototype

Small Hime meme is actually Aru translation?

I hope you will.

One week.

And 70 days.

Page 10

He could win the lottery, assuming lotteries exist in Japan.

And Rick needed to go through a bunch of dungeons in Rance VI. No wonder he left Zeth as soon as he was permitted.

Do we ever meet Rance's mother

old Rance looks like Jounochi

Wrong.