/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Public Beta is OVER
↳Paris trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Third Fleet trailer 12/8: youtube.com/watch?v=8RIaU9kpA8Q
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=wL5NiOc64ag
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHW, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous hunt:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/avwCfSh5aK8
youtu.be/CBgmwMqm3ac
youtu.be/RvAe9clUGU8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Start playing Dragon's Dogma again hoping it will hold me over until MHW comes out
>Just makes me wish I was playing MHW even more
Guess I'll play NOTHING.

Remember to be nice and help fledgling hunters!

Who /weapon collector/ here?

God I can't wait for this to come out.

How many hours on your save file? That's impressive.

I tried to craft every weapon in 4U but burnt out when I realized I needed 16 Immortal Reactors and I still hadn't gotten a single one after farming Nuclear Brach with /mhg/ for a week.

youtu.be/avwCfSh5aK8 - Great Jagras theme
youtu.be/CBgmwMqm3ac - Ancient Forest theme
youtu.be/RvAe9clUGU8 - Wildspire Wastes theme

I would send you one, user! But dont let the bullies get to you

I do that, but only for the weapons I use.
I normally pick 2 weapons and use them the entire game. Lance+Bow for world, very excited.

Last I checked, at least 500something. But that was such a while ago.
Desire sensor was definitely cruel but I had a dedicated group so we would just hunt all day err day. Something I can't wait to be doing again with World.

>true ruiner's bane
you've got a big axe

Will the xbox version have better FPS than PS4?

Nah, probably not

Huntress posting

>handholding people in a game where everything they need to know is already said ingame

*flies away 500 miles from you*

It's not always obvious, though. Where to find certain bugs or ores, tripping, body part/elemental weaknesses. A ton of people won't know the hunter notes contain that stuff.

>playing the 3DS games again
>realize how inferior the circle pad is

Only been a day and I'm already getting severe withdrawal symptoms.

why would cuckalos build his nest right next to a fucking dammed waterfall? is he retarded?

The dam trap was meant for groundlets like you

But he built a little dam, so it's fine!

I know it's an unpopular opinion but I really want a system for "trading up" for rare parts. When I have 30 Palliums and have already crafted everything that requires one, i'd gladly trade 50 of them for a Reactor. Hell, even 99 Warheads or something, to prevent people from just farming normal Brach. Either that or a pity timer. Being blueballed out of crafting a weapon or piece of armour even after soloing the monster dozens upon dozens of times is just depressing.

>dam breaks
>eggs get washed away
good going idiot

eggs are actually safely out of reach of the water, its genius.

mind you the trap can be activated by his roar alone
>so much as belches in it's direction
>washes away his kids
like I said, retarded

Anything to kill you, even if my wife's sons perish

Easy access to water?

Why is a male animal sitting over the eggs and not the female?

Thanks, senpai

She's out spending the day with Seregios. They're just friends though.

>animal
Here we go again

the female is off fucking her boyfriend(s)

What weapon was the biggest surprise to you and why? can be good or bad

Bitch's busy, try to call her latter

I have a baseless feeling that this guy will return.

>come to /mhg/ to talk about world because its impossible to discuss anything on /v/
>its Rathalos cuck posting time again

lance, Power guard makes guard lancing viable early game before guard skills. And boy is it fun.

I just had an epiphany, with the news of monsters being added via DLC, we may get more reworked 1st and 2nd gen monsters (like how they reworked DIablos and Rath's moveset) still hoping the crabs come back, along with more carapaceons and neopterons

>still hoping The crabs come back
No stop.

>Alatreon with World's constant offense

>Gunlance
>Scaling shells and WF
>Shells don't send people flying anymore

but, muh football not to mention, shogun cutter is a sick design

>coral highlands
>turf war between daimyo hermitaur and another larger monster Deviljho
>daimyo gets his shell literally crunched off

EZ Pearls

Insect tonfa was surprisingly bad and just felt odd to use in a monster hunter game. Bows new moves also look stupid but I never use that weapon anyway.

what other conversation do you want from here?
>guys XD i totally just killed this monster in a game about killing monsters
>huntress butts? huntress butts.
>cringecat
>soulsbabs complaining about the lack of their excessive QOL features
>switch owners / XX room posting
>frontier attack/defense force

this general is for lewdposting and arguing about the franchise as a whole until world comes out and theres something concrete to argue about

Wait what? Shells scale now?

Sadly i cant because i dont own a console..

That'd have to be the Bow for me, never in a million years would I have expected them to change it anywhere near as much as they did. While other weapons got new moves and/or better combo strings, Bow is now fundamentally a completely different weapon. And what's even more surprising, even though Bow was my most used weapon in previous games I don't miss it at all!

Does the gunlance have a guardpoint now? Or is dodging still the only way to avoid damage? Aside from using the manual shield block.

I wanna see a revamped even more vicious Tigrex

In the beta at least, they did less damage at yellow and orange than at green. Same with WF. I don't have a ps4 so I couldn't test various levels of attack up, but that's what I observed in videos from different people.
Unless, that's just a penalty for going under green and it doesn't go up at blue and above...

i want a CRAB BATTLE between the 2 fucks

Why the fuck do they always have to do this "LOL WACKY" cross game collaboration shit in every game. I thought they were going to try and keep all the gay, kiddie anime shit out of World?

4th gen already fixed the majority of the problems of 1 and 2 gen monsters, but why not as long they dont make them worse/nerf

World is a gateway MH of the worst kind. It's a bad game, a clusterfuck of casualized gameplay and westernized monsters that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive monster fighting faggorty and CUHRAZY. The normal user can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the game itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad. However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for normie, casual underageb& redditors who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The generic dinosaurs all trying their hardest to look cool, the overdone, peculiar, colorful combos, the whole anime styles faggorty and everything about the MH world fuels their need for instant graitfication, while the empty, casual, and overall steamrollishness of the game make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average redditor and his sense of unwarranted desire for unearned achievement. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& redditors eat this shit right the fuck up. MH World is basically THE game to attract the most hated souls is le hard xD fanbase known to /mhg/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every user to troll the fuck out of this game and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no MH World threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

>I thought they were going to try and keep all the gay, kiddie anime shit out of World?
you thought they were gonna keep monster hunter out of monster hunter?

This series has had collaborations since the very first game, so I'm going to say never. And what the Hell is LOL WACKY about either of World's collabs?

>muh DS/BB collab

How they're gonna buff Kushy without bringing back his Frontier tornadoes?

>event quest with special Kirin released
>you can use the parts to create this

I haven't played MH since 1 and want to play again with World, but need to scratch the itch

Do any MHs emulate well?

I'm not talking about "So Tasty" or "Palico"-tier shit. I'm talking about colorful, cartoony character designs and "cute animu quest giver" shit.

I know they've always been a thing, but there's a different way to do them. The little megaman is just jarring when you compare him to the world around him. And the Aloy skin isn't that bad, but the palico being a robot is obnoxious.

the gunner weapons, simply for having a proper second analog stick and shooting tied to the shoulder buttons
felt great, and I might actually start using the gunner weapons when the game releases
other than that, I enjoyed the new changes to GL for making it more versatile
and above all else, my favorite new addition is the HH idle animation

Yes, especially Dos

That's always been there, my dude. The guilds always have cute girls.

I NEED IT

I was hoping the mainline would've continued the 3rdGen trend of reskinning collabs into lorefriendly designs. You could blame 4thGen for opening the floodgates to that bullshit.

It's Mega Man's 30th. Lighten up.
>palico being a robot
Watcher Palico is the only good part of that collab.
Either way since your problem seems to be centered around the Palico parts of them, you probably don't need to worry about seeing them much.

>complains about collabs
>an optional thing you never need to do and never need to put on your character or palico
just calm down and continue not doing the collab quests, you damn sperg

>tfw buying on pc
>tfw missing out on dark souls armor and ratchet palico

You can emulate 3U on Cemu now

Cute girls aren't bad.

The "Teehee LOL Doodle" and unfunny braindead airhead shit is. Though, I have less of a qualm with the guild gals than I do with the cross collabs.

>it took me around 16 mins to kill low rank gigginox with this equipment
I am so bad, holy shit

Lore friendly indeed.

Seconded on this. I started loving gunner in Gen, mainly as an elem/status gunner which worked so well for so many things.

Ah I'm going to miss the days when people used stuff like ASS to get good sets.

>Jojo reference reskinned into the lorefriendly Majestic Scepter in the civilized language version
And...?

JESUS CHRIST 16 MINUTES WITH A LITERAL HANDHOLD-TIER LOADOUT?

Come on now...

And not just a good set skillwise, but to look good too. Can't wait for more fashion hunters.

>without bringing back his Frontier tornadoes
They can't, it fit too much the monster.

The wishlist feature may actually be the lowkey best new feature in world.

2ndGen Kush was already perfect, the Frontier tornadoes in 4thGen are just too much in both gameplay and setting perspective.

Not released outside of Japan, same with The Boss

I know.. I was goofing around mostly trying to break his parts since i needed pale extracts and shit, but o well..

I'm depressed guize.
I'm bored.

That doesn't make it magically not exist.

Yes, it was good but it was also too similar to Teo/Luna and Alatreon.

>doing that fucking mission solo
fuck you for bringing me bad memories

play god eater with me

We still haven't heard shit about a PLC release, right?

>god eater

cmon, its fun...

fuck, PC*

Nope

>Thought I'd hate the visible damage indicators
Actually didn't mind them. They were a decent indicator for what parts of the body seemed to be weakest, and when I saw a change in numbers, it made me think about what had changed to cause a weakness in the monster. I don't imagine they'll be a major "DPS indicator" because damage in MH tends to be more complex than that, but they weren't bad. Plus, the fact that they can be turned off is a plus.

>Thought I'd hate the scoutflies
Ended up liking the method of searching out signs of the monster and following old footprints. And it actually beats four players spreading out and just going in blind. They were also a good indicator for pickable items on the map, considering how large and engrossing the map is.

>Thought I'd hate the Slinger and Hookshot.
The slinger is probably one of my favorite new additions. You can actually aim with it and it feels like it requires the same amount of skill as throwing a paintball in previous games. You still have to ready your shot and give consideration to monster position. The hookshot actually feels like it fits in the MH universe, and it makes sense that a bunch of tiny humans hunting dragons and dinos would need something to help them scale shit or save them from a fall.

>playing god eater with that god awful eng dub

Thank god they massively changed Chammy in 4th gen though

some of them are ok...