/lhg/ - Light's Hope General

Fresh when?

Guilds:
Alliance, 2 BWL raid groups

Horde, forms PUGs for MC and does ZG i guess

>Server info
twitter.com/LightsHopeWoW
LH Discord (discordapp.com/invite/mraKxcU)
(lightshope.org/)

>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org

>Addons pack (some out of date like KLH Threat Meter)
github.com/ericraio/vanilla-wow-addons/

>Leveling Guide (specs unreliable for some classes use at own risk, play what you want or ask in the thread for more info):
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit

>Download the client without torrent (direct download):
mega.nz/#!e4cjFT5L!7VvX-yAlJ87KdU-6BNQVlhoYY5_YdnYW3WezYsVrYgI

>I have the client! What now?
Open realmlist.wtf and Set realmlist logon.lightshope.org
make an account on their site and thats it, enjoy the videogame

>Raid/char/item drop info:
realmplayers.com/

>WoD models (place MPQ in data, rename file to patch-3.mpq)
mediafire.com/file/v107ncj1j27x85x/patch-3.mpq

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s_S82ib7fMI
youtube.com/watch?v=1V1JejmexVY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I HATE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

youtube.com/watch?v=s_S82ib7fMI
youtube.com/watch?v=1V1JejmexVY

lumi we miss you, come back

Lumi please I loved you.

The guild might actually be bearable now that babymetal, puddi, and lumi all quit

What happened? Did Lumi do something cute?!

i want my lumlums back

Please tell me! What happened??

What happened? What happened?

Lumi was bullied out of the guild by Dads.

lumi left

fake news i left becuz i was bored im on everyst now fagets rofl

Dads micspammed and called him names, and then Lumi got mad and quit.

Please send me some of your gold. You know who I am.

Why did Dads bully Aoba into leaving the guild?

Dads did what?!
That makes me so. . .

Ugh-

That Dad's guy better watch out!

when the aobaposter=Lumikaru meme start?

>start playing on darrowshire
>contested areas aren't camped by twinks and bored 60s
>huge view distance
>no overpopulation, can quest in peace
>easy to run dungeons
I'm having a really good time now that's i'm not ghost walking or looking for a gank free area half of the time.

That's why I'm rolling on a pve server when classic comes, world pvp is a meme for people that are too bad to compete at their own level.

i want to bully aoba!~

Just make all servers PvP but you only get automatic PvP flagged at lvl 60.

Who is the aobaposter then? She's clearly a janitor that rules the threads with an iron fist and a mandate of heaven raider.

Ey....I think I killed you in Redridge.

Any other Americans having connection issues? Every day around this time I keep getting disconnected every 3-5 minutes. Making me pretty frustrated.

I'm half tempted to go faff around on OSRS until Kronos3 drops.

Alex. . .

My name's Jacob, thank you very much.

Alex...

>contemplate coming back to vanilla
>entire thread is anime and attention whore shitposting
Guess not.

Download vanilla and hide /lhg/.

i like this

This thread is actually useful, just avoid the guilds in the OP and the people in them and it will be a great experience.

dont play on garbage hope

They should revamp the pvp system entirely come Classic. Something like greykillers can get bounties attached to them if they repeatedly greykill. Maybe a certain number of repeat offenses will make it so opposing players can always see them on the map no matter where they are or something. Offer rewards for players to hunt them down and kill them, giving incentives for higher level players to go out and protect levelers.

Greys not giving honor is not enough to dissuade people from corpse camping. I shouldn't have to log off the fucking game for 20 minutes because some nerd is getting his kicks.

Play on Everyst. It's only like 50% guild drama circlejerks while the other 50% is "ded server" memes. Variety is the spice of life you know.

true

guys does my character from elysium exist on this server? do I have the same login?

A bounty system like EvE has would be great desu, if they made one I would roll on a pvp realm instantly.

yes and yes

No he's dead forever

I'd love a bounty system for gankers. They could set up a board where people who greykilled a set amount of players/NPCs would pop up.

Each one would be worth a gold/honor bounty and you'd take a quest from the board for the bounty. This quest would point you toward the region that the greykiller is in but not their exact position, though they'd still always show up on the map.

Give a reward of....5 gold and honor = R10 kill for it.

As another deterrent to ganking, anyone on one of these boards would lose all discounts and pay an extra 50% for repairs to account for the "bad rep" that they're bringing to their faction from an RP perspective.

The autism in this thread has nothing to do with the actual server.

I remember playing this free MMO called Archlord back when TBC just came out I think. If I recall correctly, people who killed players 4-5 levels lower than them accrued some kind of bounty, and I also think if they did it enough and came anywhere near a capital cities entrance, the guards would go apeshit and aggro.

That was the original plan Blizzard had for gankers. Once you hit a high enough dishonorable kill level, your own faction's guards would try and murder you. Obviously not implemented.

Squido......

Who the fuck is that?

find a flaw

how is the lag on this server? is it like it was on elysium? I quit ely because I couldn't pvp with 1 sec delay

arena < wpvp < battlegrounds < raiding

sorry dragonslayer, fighting agaisnt AI with predetermined predictable responses is absolute retard tier

>brainlet tries to denote inequality

welp everyst general threads page 10'd finally

gonna shit post in here

oh shit reee

What's Everyst pop like?

it hit 420 peak and people freaked out in a good way

it's a different game completely nostbabbies need not apply

420 is too dead.

Think I'll go to Nighthaven.

kek ok crogge

>arenas
>not 100% class composition RPS pillarkite minmax faggotry for people that should have fucked off back to league of legends 8 years ago
you can flowchart arenas too

>100% class composition RPS pillarkite minmax faggotry

more like 70%

still more skill based than raiding

what's elysiums population like?
i'm looking for a fresh realm too
does light's hope have a fresh server coming any time soon?
I've heard there's a kronos 3 coming but know i'll pass on that at least

lh has said they will never release fresh

night haven is about 3-4k real pop (everything else is croggefakery/bots) with half of that russians, a quarter of that chinese/bots

the last quarter is half slavshit europeans and half actual english speakers so about 400 players, so literally the same # as everyst lol

this is the grim truth

nighthaven is like 4k-5k i believe, but it's 80% non-english speaking.
K3 is in april.
Lights hope has said repeatedly no plans for fresh server (who knows tho).

One thing I want to add however, is that the fuckhuge pop meme needs to go. 5k, even with bots, is too many. Lightbringer is too many.
Retail vanilla servers were 2.5k caps and many servers capped out at 1k or less.
Everyst with its 500 or whatever is indeed too low, my opinion is a medium 3k'ish is "perfect".

More than that is too many and this post-nost obsession with population is doing more harm than good. People looking for nost population are going to be disappointed with official classic and consider it "ded serber lol".

Unironically the best server right NOW for fresh is everyst, it's literally lights hope without the chinese. The only thing wrong with it is lack of pop which is a fixable problem (won't be fixed but just saying, technically its fixable).
K3 would be the other option which isn't terrible but people love to argue about kronos so whatever. At that point it becomes a pick your poison situation.
I also have a feeling official classic will be to fill in the content gap between legion and bfa as opposed to launching with or after bfa, but that's probably an uncommon opinion.
ur gay

nighthavens gooood

its not. stop.

There's no way they'll release retail classic before BfA. It'll come during content drought between the first raid tier and second raid tier of BfA at the soonest.

agreed on everyst, it's where i would roll if i had the time regardless of pop.

everyst will find population, all it will take is refugees from any given 1x server and it will be in a good place

servers explode on a weekly basis

>just poured all ~$1k of my NEET money into crypto
>now being drawn back into the world of wow private servers that I had finally managed to quit after more than a year of 14 hrs a day addiction, just so that I can distract myself from thinking about my investment for a few months

I wonder how this is all going to work out

I wonder how retail classic will handle the old TCG rewards. I actually have all the tabards, the turtle mount, and the ogre idol because I was a hipster that actually played the wow TCG. Will I have to buy more codes or will the rewards transfer over?

it is

squido...

>you'll be able to earn old blizzcon and tcg rewards from achievements

That's not a bad question, but I suspect classic servers will be their own thing entirely and won't have any old stuff like that- of if it did it would be brand new similar promotions.
I could be 100% wrong, it's going to be interesting. It's weird that news about a 15 year old game was still one of the biggest mmorpg stories this year.

They should just take Classic and semi-reboot the entire franchise. Make new content with the old shit that made WoW good.

genuinely dont understand how anyone can play wow this much. its not that enjoyable of a game. its chill and comfy but not 14 hours a day enjoyable

Depends on the community.

be NEET and have no other life

wouldn't play it as much if I don't have no job/no friends/depression

it's easy and gives a tiny bit of fulfillment

ok I just logged into lights hope and my old character from elysium isn't there

what do I do now

kill yourself

i have all those conditions and cant stomach more than 8 hours at a time. most sessions are like 4 hours.

reroll everyst and pretend you weren't retarded in the first place

are you retarded?

seriously though I thought the whole point of this shit was that we get to keep our characters

literally no one in the guild likes any of those people and they are the epitome of meter posting loot whoring faggots

sure but only 1 of them has quit

tried to do some character restore shit and now i'm banned lul

great server guess i'll find somewhere else

WWU

PLEASE POST IN OUR THREAD!!

>roll on a server where gold farmers can’t get checked

Have fun with that server economy

I'm surprised Blizzard never added bounties. It was a standard for old mmos like Ultima Online.

so what happened with lumikaru? not that i care

I think you're onto something, user.
One thing that I believe raph koster said in one of this books (think ghostcrawler has repeated it before as well) is that carrots work far better than sticks and that staying away from outright punishing behavior - rather offering incentives and prodding the player along.
Like other anons said, bounties have been a thing in other mmorpgs since the dawn of time and are a great feature. I'd be curious how to prohibit exploitation, and how to make it meaningful without gamebreaking or mandatory.
I used to play a mud where once you had a certain amount of evil points npc bounty hunters would come after you, and while you could potentially beat them the trick was you never knew when they were going to ambush you. You could be at full health or you could be at 10% and recovering. And since this was a full loot game with potential for permadeath after a set amount of lives, dying was a big deal.

I do think that the vanilla pvp system could be looked at but I'm not sure of the correct solution, if any. I think that most people would agree that the honor ranking system isn't by any stretch a marking of skill, only time spent and much or most of it is spent colluding with other pre-mades or stomping pugs. It may as well be 12 hours a day of killing npcs.

_______________________bump ________ _________

PLEASE dont die again

reminder that everyst has properly tuned raid hp/dmg

enjoy your nostlike kiddie server

are the op guild really that bad? are there any lhg alliance guilds that arent memes?

Mandate of Heaven is unironically one of the top 10 guilds in the server mate.

Ouroboros on the other hand...

what is a meme

>try to raid ony
>naxxramas is blocking the entrance
>doesnt matter because i only found 16 people anyways and thats with crossfaction grouping

nice server

moh has some "colorful" characters but overall not too bad. it's not an exaggeration that they don't need anyone though, not even for the second raid group
ouroboros on the other hand i haven't had much experience with, but from what i've seen it's pretty dysfunctional when it comes to raiding

Where is mandate in the top 10 of anything besides trannies?

>there are people this retarded in this thread

are you the diaper poster?

Okay guys, I need help. I want to play some Vanilla for a while, until official Classic is released (I guess that might be a while, but whatever). I am however having some trouble picking the best server.
From what I gather, the potential places to go are either Light's Hope, Everyst or Nighthaven(on Elysium?). Which one would you recommend?