/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214170/noodalls-input-lag-testing-unique-method-games-controllers-etc-27-3-4x-ps4-hori-pcbs-added
youtube.com/watch?v=APfQVCu9R2M
twitter.com/achilles_Okubo/status/941091294029348864
youtube.com/watch?v=CBuNqCtHv9I
youtube.com/watch?v=zbsbcKfqtSQ
displaylag.com/video-game-input-lag-database/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Alright then, i'll give that a try. Ty

king is fun and cool

Liars burn in hell, you know.

he is fun and cool though.

CH back 1 makes me cum

That is, ofcourse, if it actually hits something with it's mirco hitbox that is too high.

dont try to use it for everything dummy.

still works wonders against spammy spastics

Please lord in haven let that be the AE test build and Saint is just giving Capcom pointers as to how not to fuck it up.

I miss street fighter lads

>decide to play Lili for the first time
>get to Vanquisher
>just do matahorn, backflip and cancels all day
I can see why people like this gorilla character

The fact that you can't do lows against her helps too.

>New fag thought that 6ewgf into wall ender gives 90 damage

Try high 130s

Playing Feng is suffering.

>should i unga......or should i bunga.........

>not playing plusoneverythingman

you mean playing against feng

Le completely-gets-to-determine-the-pace-of-the-match-guy is annoying to play

How do you fight Lars? Every time I try to apply pressure to him he just does one of his stupid fucking crush moves and gets a CH combo or gets completely rid of my momentum and starts doing his bullshit.

you use your own gimmicks
just unga harder than his bunga

It was the Hyper X charity event they played a whole bunch of games. Tokido played Tekken, too.

AE will probably still be shit

His crushes have a ton of startup and all have a large risk to them.
His df2,1 while a NC, doesnt jail and has no follow up. Duck the 1 and launch him
His DE and SE are memes, just wait and see what he does.
UF3 is launch punishable as all fuck, just bait him out on your pressure and wait for a 16f gap he wants to abuse.

D4 is fuck nothing. DB4 can be threatening but loses to mids.

ps4 patch is out

i have a feeling the ps4 patch will only slightly change the input delay to a non noticeable degree

harada and namco can't really be trusted imo

not only that but I can see them skipping over pc and xbox for no reason at all

I've faced 2 Eliza retards today and every time they're running around at 2 bars
what gives? is Wednesday the day these braindead characters come out with their lag switches?

>skipping over pc and xbox for no reason at all
i don't think attempting to equalize the input delay across platforms counts as no reason at all but i'd still be pissed if they did that

I'm testing it right now and ps4 feels pretty much the same as pc now.
I doubt that they will patch pc, people would just complain again.

It would be cool if on pc they would use those frames for extra buffer, so that pc and ps4 would have same delay and pc would have better online.

I'll try to keep this in mind next time I fight against him, thanks.

I'm watching a TTT2 video of Aris and boy he looked better before he started going bald

You guys realize this isn't the UE fix and this patch probably adjusts vsync so that PS4 has the same input delay as PC. This is the stuff PC can by default to to lower input delay.

ue4 is garbage

but tekken was laggy shit starting at ttt2, i doubt t7 is never going to be lower thatn whatever ttt2 was

isn't t7 less laggy on pc (vsynch off) than ttt2 was on ps3?

what's lilis best move for when the round starts?

currently i've being doing f2,3 but it doesn't always work and all these fucking noob katarinas and hwaorangs just spam the kick button and it beats all my moves

try bb, db,b b,db,b

I'm sad now that I cant do PEWGF on this K Stick. Diagonals are misaligned, cant go from neutral to df without an additional d or f input.

Wanted to fuck around with 5 PEWGF

everything is less laggy with v-sync

the game is not intended to be played that way

>tfw not good at Tekken
>tfw never good at Tekken
>tfw you still stupidly hold down back while under pressure because you're so used to 2D fighters that you can't help it

help a brianlet out, how do I stop my bad habits

stop mashing

you ruin mid level and low level tekken

Bullshit. T7 on pc (and now apparently on ps4) has lower input lag than T5DR.

>find some beginner rank chloe in player match
>has chloe has his profile pic
>this_should_be_good.jpg
>he's a completely beginner and mashes when it's not his turn
>literally take half of his bar by mashing hopkick as my launcher, filler, and finisher
this no feeling more sublime than shitting on waifufags

don't down back because mid launchers will blow you up
you have to actively remind yourself when you're playing, don't autopilot

forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214170/noodalls-input-lag-testing-unique-method-games-controllers-etc-27-3-4x-ps4-hori-pcbs-added

this testing does not account for the lag your monitor/tv adds but you are flat out wrong

>Assume Vsync on unless mentioned

so how the fuck did they manage to get the input lag reduction patch out so soon? is this through the unreal engine update that was pushed out recently?

why are you playing with v-sync off you fucking idiot?

K-sticks aren't worth it in my opinion the loss of the gate for diagonals is really off putting.

>look at my bait

youtube.com/watch?v=APfQVCu9R2M

even better than i hoped for

>You guys realize this isn't the UE fix
Based on what?
twitter.com/achilles_Okubo/status/941091294029348864

will pc survive this...

Is there a way to do instant crouch moves from standing?

pc is finished

tell them to buy a ps4 or play with v-sync off lmao

that ios the competitive version and the money making version of the game

Eh, its an issue on paper but in practice the microswitches act as a pseudo gate. The loss of the corners might as well not matter in Tekken. Mine just inst configured properly with their placement to activation point, so I cant do raw diagonals.

pls no, I don't want to buy ps4...

Someone remind me what the current input lag is on PC with Vsync disabled

>Playing with Vsync on in a fighting game
>Not getting a 144hrz to avoid screen tearing
Oh yeah, platform is totally dead. No one will ever use it even if the netcode is shit on ps4 in comparison.

youtube.com/watch?v=CBuNqCtHv9I

looks like 60 ms

You monitor cost more than ps4 lmao

Jesus Christ everything Claudio does is + or at least safe. I'm checking his moves and don't see what I'm supposed to do especially as Jack.

I got it for 300 off of newegg 6 years ago? It might have been but I'm also fairly sure that PS4 wasn't even announced back then.

is it this video youtube.com/watch?v=zbsbcKfqtSQ

Here is the real kicker shithead.
I got both
Got the PS4 for free, was a bribe from a former employer
PS+ is also free for me

>PS+ is also free for me
Is your former employer Sony?

GIVE ME THAT LEG YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKER

I KNOW YOU LIKE THAT

What do you do against Akuma as a character with a bad sidestep? I hate his jumping bullshit so much.

>paying for online on the cuckstation4

It might be

Nah, a gaming lounge that does a ton of illegal shit. I just made the ps4 they gave me the primary one, and use my own personal account for online and occasionally download whatever games they bought

>Lars is bad

When will this meme end

>PS4 down to 4.8f of lag

Hats off to bamco, I really didn't think they would do it.

Oh no, he's not bad. Dont mistake what I said for that. Hes solid mid tier. Would be better if db13 wasn't -1 OH for both the low and high.

cheaper than buying a gayman pc

>every single move he has can be sidestepped easily
>not terrible
nice mem

Honestly this here is why I didn't get a PS4
"hey microsoft did it and their retarded customers ate it up, so we're gonna do it too", and as predicted, people ate it up. So now you want me to pay for online twice, just because. Fuck you. PS3 was great.
also the fact there's only 3 ps4 games I would actually want to buy. any non-exclusives will run faster and look better on my pc

Are we really degenerating into a fucking console war in this thread?

Fucks sake no wonder no one is good when you waste mental energy on such trivial bullshit.

decent pcs aren't that expensive

>Start off doing really well against a Kazuya
>Double promote and hit green
>Proceed to go against several characters I don't know that well and are played by better players
>Demote to Grand Master
The demotion and losing streak sting but if I can't keep green just means I'm not good enough to be in that rank yet. Fuck people with bad connections, and possibly lag switching, that when you are about to break losing streaks it conveniently lags mid juggle or mid input so you get fucked over.

At least I learned some stuff about other characters and overall it was a net gain in rank tonight.

>60 ms
so about 3.6f of delay which means pc is still better. whew, almost thought i'd have to buy a ps4 copy.

Autist

I thought 4-5f delay was the best case scenario and I'm satisfied

enjoy your screen tearing

i'm afraid i can't experience tearing on my 144hz monitor but thank you anyway, console friend.

d, d/b_d/f, n+[buttons]

You're supposed to get aggressive when they do a safe - move.

Yikes
Cheers tho bro

What was it before?

Hey man doujin managed to take a round from JDCR so definitely as long as your good you can make him good even if your opponent is better.

How the fuck do you land this shit? Bad enough that hitting the RD without getting DF1,4 likes to not happen, but that final dash I cant manage.

>What was it before?
7.7 according to displaylag.com/video-game-input-lag-database/

I need to grab and low poke more. Watching some Joey Fury and Saint is showing me I need to abuse Jack's crouch moves more than I already am because I keep going from low to just WAS rather than using pokes until I get them to stay crouched.

Also I am just bad at pulling the trigger when going in for grabs in general. Hesitation is my biggest issue currently in multiple facets of the game.

Go for a simpler ender like df3,EWGF.

I think you're not as close as you should be when you do the b31. If you crouch dash-run towards him after the spin you'll get it more consistently

Man, Lee is way harder than I thought he would be. [3~3] 4 is fucking ridiculous. He's pretty fun so far though

Am I still shit or am I mediocre yet

Do you spam hopkicks and slides?

And remember the answer to that question is the same as "could I defeat Saint"

Then I cant wavedash fast enough to get there before he tech rolls yet. I'll stick with df3 EWGF, thanks user.

Yes.

I'll work on the jack matchup then.

Is Gigas actually not that bad or are guys like Salmon Master and Dotoring just beasts?

He’s above Chloe/Lars/Bears but below everybody else. If I didn’t see Dotoring beat Kkkoma or Salmon OCV the Koreans at Master Cup I’d say no but that has to count for something.

this isn't really the type of the game to have unplayable characters, gigas just has the most obvious weaknesses out of the cast. he still has his good shit like gorilla arms and nice throws