/domg/ - Dominions General

World of Strength Edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 3000 units, 900 spells and 400 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/wjbSA98Y

>Drawfaggotry
dominionsdraws.imgur.com/

>DOMINIONS 5 IS OUT.

>Where do I get it?
Currently only available on Steam.
store.steampowered.com/app/722060/Dominions_5__Warriors_of_the_Faith/

>Manual
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5manual.pdf
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5tables.pdf

>Mod inspector
larzm42.github.io/dom5inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1212948582

>Debug mod
dropbox.com/s/gc9io6paebo4pj3/Debug_501.zip?dl=0

>How do I change the fonts?
Replace guifont.ttf, guifont_fancy.ttf and guifont_texty.ttf in the game's 'data' folder (C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dominions5\data usually).

>Is there an easier way to play multiplayer?
Yes.
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dominions-4-pbem-manager-new-stuff.104015/
Works for Dominions 5 just as well.

>Completed games
Submit them here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuclmaCiRo8vcTztsKjPJxnBgRDE-E1uNvE5j0x5wDZMMhRA/viewform
Results:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OxILAa3Y_O7Vk2NFhKAAQfStHqh1WJXMkGCim9sQ_ns/edit#gid=1292233344

>OP pastebin
Just copypaste it and link the previous thread below.
pastebin.com/RbFWcFcU

>Previous Pantokrator:

First for Aboleth Traps

Still need a sub for LA Atlantis. On second look, my scouting shows that his position isn't bad.

I'd be happy to take it over but I'm working tomorrow and won't be able to do the turn until 5~ GMT. After that I'd be consistent, though.

How about I give you 726 gold and all of Pangaea's provinces besides his capitol/capring? Giving you Titan's Steps (76) or Halbathria (73) would be too much of a security risk for my thrones.

how do i play rlieh i always end up diying

EA and MA Vanheim are both good for new players. I think MA is a bit easier though.

You're doing it right

Lewds plz

whats a good non-meme bless on MA Marignon for flagellants? I dont want death explosion memes.

>tfw first game
>shit start and now I'm boxed in by 3 stronger players

Unironically: Death explosions. Just take the major Fire resist too and Twist Fate and Blood Rush or something. Flags aren't actually very good.

what scales do i want on marignon?

OH BOY THIS GAME IS HEATING UP

Luck, attack skill, strength.

Alright, lets settle this once and for all:
What is the best Rus national summon?

whatever one takes the highest Conjuration?

Game: MAdomgOPEN
Abysia 2h file received
Asphodel 2h file received
Shinuyama 2h file received
Bandar Log 2h file received
C'tis 2h file received
Eriu 2h file received
Ermor 2h file received
Ashdod 2h file received
Jotunheim Waiting for 2h file
Machaka 2h file received
Marignon 2h file received
Nazca 2h file received
Pelagia 2h file received
Pythium 2h file received
Ulm 2h file received
Uruk 2h file received
Vanheim 2h file received
Ys 2h file received

Jotun sent the turn 0 you big nerd
Can we sub him already

What level do I need to set the AI to so that it will stop with the fail expansions.

I love Sirin!

"invite only private vets game"
its a hidden setting

Hinnom. Rephaite warriors and melqart thugs blessed with Luck and Blood Vengeance. With Horite and chariot swarm. And giant Archer snipertanks with Freak Lord and body guards. Am I autistic or could it work.. also can the rabbis spare enough shekels for such a progressive ?

Depends on whether you want to build Knights or not. If so, take 2+ Productivity. If not, basically whatever you want? Heat 1 or 2 is nice, Growth is cool too.

This is the pretender I'd use for general purpose Marignon.

You want growth though and prod is fucking shit.

Reorganize the scales however you like, you start from neutral after the mandatory Luck 1.

Your knight throughput is going to be pretty lackluster with lower prod.

Very Jewish! Much like the kikes: you think you've stamped them out for good but then you turn around and they're already abducting white girls for blood rituals. Perhaps they are the chosen ones.

>inspirational presence mari
Thats like taking larger agartha.

>all 3 domgOPEN games waiting on one fat fuck for the next turn

F4S4 solar weapons is efficient but only as F4S4. Stacking minor blesses is never worth it.

>Stacking minor blesses is never worth it.

drop inspirational presence
take more attack skill and drop the 6th point of fire
drop far caster, it's good but it's not playing to the strengths of the rest of this bless
take magic weapons and minor magic resist, drop the 5th point of astral or pump it up to 6 for ring of sorc/wiz crafting and major magic resist (inb4 uhhh but I already can, 5 is for human slot chassis dumbass)

larger agartha is a good bless though, large units benefit most from it
dummy

solar weapons is mediocre
3AP piercing means it hits fuck all unless your dice explode, it's for killing undead

shitty bless desu, sorry. Luck is best on units that are otherwise poor defensively, since it triggers only when they'd die, and blood vengeance in general isn't that great since it doesn't actually stop your super expensive sacreds or thugs from dying

Larger is either on EA Agartha in which case I *suppose* it makes your mages bulkier - its no worse than any other bless, but you're not taking it for the troops and you'd be better off with reinvig and just not even spending the nature points.

Or its on MA, where you've now crippled your own statues and shard guards. Good job.

Larger is pretty much useful only on sacred tramplers and very little else. It'd also be useful on Size 4/5 Giants, excepting they're much better off taking regen/fortitude or regen/reinvig.

Stand back fags. Let a real pretender designer show you how it's done.

ladomg started. thank fuck. I really hate map generation for sea tiles.

Let's face it, scales are better than most big dick blesses especially against other players who will tech against if it becomes an actual problem.

>and then Vanheim was sieging his cap on Turn 3

Luck isn't that useful on knights

It depends on the nation. A couple are really scary with bless rushes but in games of 12+ people I think taking scales/imprisoned minor bless is better for most nations.

stygian flesh or fear?
ermor ma

Luck's brity gud on human-hp anything desu. It has a somewhat lower impact on high prot stuff, but it's pretty great for anything that gets killed in one shot

stygian skin is garbage. Fear is good, but expensive. Undying is fanfuckingtastic

don't think map is working for LAdomg. Used the one on the llamaserver and came up with errors

Admin, what the actual fuck is wrong with the map.

Why do the connections literally go across the world?

Bless points get more valuable the deeper you get, while the effects of minor blessings do not grow to account for that. You are paying way more to tack a 3F minor bless onto a 5F than you would to just get 3 in a new path.

It's simply not a good idea on a fundamental, mathematical basis.

Knights don't tend to get one shotted, and it's not that useful on angels

map is fugged for LAdomg

>crippled statues
>implying having your granite guardians going from 65hp to 85hp is a bad thing

You can set percentages to control the amount of water in the game.

Maps also tend to fuck people over less when they're full wrap around, especially in stages where say the runaway player in the North side of the map gets to enjoy the help from all the south region players who literally cannot fight him.

planes have been discovered, perhaps?

Okay, I'll try fixing the map. what a time to be alive.

Larger is good for statues since is stacks with their help bonus and it's not like being 1 size larger with how big they are really matters.

Good thing in large battles they'll be taking twice the damage from attacks since there's half as many in the square.

I suppose it would make them more durable against evocations though, so at least there's that.

>Half as many per square
Wouldn't that be less damage from aoe spells? It's not like much else can hurt them.

granite guardians are the bigger bois that aren't the marble oracles. sentinels are the size 3 lads

>size 4 -> 5
>half as many in the square

Hello, is Gath around to talk? I wanted to discuss something with him on Steam. I will be in /v/anheim for a couple hours tonight and later tomorrow. Steam name is Aran Zeminir. I hope we get the chance to speak.

new map. we're using this, it will work, and we're all going to have fun.

wraparound enabled, even though I hate it.

That's what I said, less damage from evocations.

And honestly I'm personally more used to seeing them wrecked by Ashdod Giants, Strength of Giants flail users, or non-AoE spells (such as Iron Blizzard - which hits targets, not squares).

I pity whoever finds themselves starting in the middle of that.

looks fine to me

With that logic you could say the same about someone starting anywhere at all on a wrapping map that's largely land.

Caelum, the fucking Egyptian fish are knock on your door. You really gonna keep this up?

pretenders

Where you see pity, I see more vectors for EXPANSION!!

3/18
Midgard, Gath, and Xibalba.

What's your favorite nation?
Mine is MA Pythium, i sure like dem cataphracts

All Pan's stronk

LAdomgOPEN admin, did you pick the right map? i cnat play on it

>get a very good start
>know it's wasted on me since I suck at the early game anyway
Every silver lining has a cloud.

LAdomgOPEN admin, you linked the wrong map or something

LAdomgOPEN admin, what are you doing with the map

i sent out a new message, and we already have 3 turns in. you're probably using the old one. the new one is called "prettycoolmap".

it's my fault for fucking up the first, but yeah make sure you're using the newest one.

They get wrecked because they got shit combat stats

which is the best giant civ?

yeah, the "new" map doesn't work. The 3 turns in probably are using the old map?

The old map didn't work at all for me.

The new one seems to work. At least, as well as any random gen map does.

i just deleted the map and downloaded it using the link on the game page/email i sent out, then created a new world - it worked fine. i loaded up the .trn and it also worked fine.

perhaps you're using the wrong .tnr file? i had to unstart the game and start it again.

Hard to gen a good map.

>Check the blind expansion
>They ran into 60 barbarians
>My awake pretender has barely won them in SP testing before, while getting limb
>only lose 6 soldiers, before I rout them
>Everything went better than expected

What kind of Pretenders does early age agartha like?

Something with lots of gold and magic scales.

Is blind expanding on a MP game usually a good idea?, or it depends?, if so, what should i look up to?.

I sent my AWE dragon to expand on turn 0 to an influenced (have my dominion) province, and he got buttblasted by some raging (berserkers) barbarians. Now my nation is crippled :c

What are you, some kind of pussy?

Blind expansion is no longer cool for incarnate awakes since, as you saw, you're fucked when it fails.

For dumbsnek expansion or nobless Azi, it's fine, since the entire purpose of those expanders is just to get you extra resources early, and you lose out on nothing but provinces when they fuck up (same as a regular expansion party, basically)

Any particular blesses?

To reliably blind expand your pretender needs to be able to go up against fearsome provinces with no research to support it.
Barbarians, Heavy Cavalry, Foulspawn, Amber Clan, Bone Tribe, off the top of my head.

How's this?

Mage blesses - Reinvig is nice. Precision is nice. That sort of thing.

Arcane Finesse is pretty cool because it works on Olm mindblasting, but it's usually not worth the scales dip since your mages don't tend to cast MRN stuff and the 1 MR difference isn't that huge.

>4 dom, limiting Olm recruitment
>no growth, the one income scale that must always be maxed first
>useless incarnate bless on an awake that can't expand

shit

Here's what I'm trying.
Far caster instead of Arcane Finesse is probably better, but I wanted to fuck around with the +1 pen on olmblasting.
It's 100% a mage bless/scales chassis.

Dom6 E4/N5 awake greatmother tanking sloth/heat for magic/growth is another thing I was considering.

Either way you should always take heat, cold fucks up your magi, and magma children love heat.

>>no growth
Fucked up and clicked luck when I meant growth.

How's this?

>luck three but no other scales to trigger special events with

Get turmoil 3, it's free points, increases random event rate for your luck, AND it unlocks a chance at once of the best random events possible when combined with luck.

I'd go for Heat 3. It's only a 2.5% reduction in dosh from Heat 2, meaning Prod 1 alone outweighs it

You could afford heat 3 and maybe some sloth. It's pretty good otherwise.

Alternatively, since more dominion means more olms.

Didn't mean to take luck in the first place.

Also, is leader of the closed council an alright chassis? I assume he must be since nobody criticized that.

Should a nation first year be spent exclusively on expanding it's borders(Building forts, recruiting expander armies, fending off other players) , or should it be balanced with research?

withering weapons does not work on mindblast

if we're posting pretenders, how's this for Gath