/niohg/ Nioh General

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt
FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Smithing text list:
docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/edit#
Farming smithing texts: pastebin.com/tiYzLRug

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fOVjAupRFug
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for falling down memes

WHY IS ENEMIES BEING ABLE TO DISPELL YOUR BUFFS WHEN THEY HIT YOU EVEN A THING

What's the highest + level and level in general your gear can get?

I have +42 308ish gear right now

this game is full of those moments

i saw like +140 or something

Anyone know? Also, is senpai damage bonus c worth getting?

>senpai damage bonus
what?

hi, newfriend.

>got reaction pic
you need to be put down

where's the joke?
anyways, yes CCA is preventing you from getting CCD.

fa m is auto filtered to senpai. I was lazy and didn't want to type out the whole word so it got filtered.

familiarity C is shit, you could probably get something useful in its place. wait til A- if you want it.

Yeah that's what I figured. Thanks.

Because the game also throws you tons of auto buffs by the time that shit really becomes a problem. Buffs on dash / evade attacks, buffs on purification, timely guard, amrita absorbtion, when surrounded.... sure it sucks to have your quick change blown away but you can cover that shit with about a dozen other buffs anyway.

Is there any point in getting 99 spirit? I don't really notice my amrita gauage filling much faster

GS bond stops going up after 99 so I didnt even think of going to 200

16th for Fuku's slut pockets

I thought you could just defile weapons to get them at a + weapon of the floor you're on? Defiled my +41 spear, did a few floors, ended on 50, came back out at the same level.

Worked on my newly crafted stuff to get it to about +20. Idk what's going on with yours.

So which floors do you farm for graces? 34-37? Date is a tad bit too strong for me right now. I did beat him but it was a fight of 20 minutes

meant for

>All these Onmyo and Magic set bonuses available
>no weapons besides 2kat for pure onmyo build
Why must it be so?

Yin Yang Tonfa works for Onmyo, too, I believe.

which mythic art is better?
sword of salvation or sword of execution?

Execution gives an additional 30% damage boost to rear attacks

to all rear attacks or just swords?

What stats should I be reforging for on my ranged weapons? Does anything help my main damage output?

I use two rifles because they take up the least amount of back space. Don't like it being so cltutered back there

Agility Damage Bonus can be very good if you have A agility, it affects all damage as long as the ranged weapon with it is the one that's selected.

That's because the only proper onmyo weapon is bare fists

pls respond

Does Extend Evasion Invulnerability interfere with Mind's Eye? I've noticed I've been getting a lot less procs since I put that on my armor.

Isn't it obvious you imbecile?

That honestly looks worse than her actual outfit.

Part of her appeal is that from the front her outfit is fairly loose-fitting and doesn't look that revealing, and thigh-revealing hakama are not very uncommon in fiction either. Then you move to the side and notice how much thigh she's actually showing, and how far you can peer into her pants from the gaps, and how much hidden titty she actually has to be pushing her top out that much.

I just wish I could remove hat.

>Go from LW odachi build to non-LW 2kat build
>Realize I actually have to pay attention

Also which bonuses to attack should I have? Zero ki, amirita absorb, purify, critical, status inflicted?

out fucking skilled
also checked

Alright, I took it off and the difference was immediately noticeable. The extra iframes override the Mind's Eye window, so you don't want to use Extend Evasion with 2kat.

Thank you for the research I'll keep that in mind's eye

Getting kind of tired of the AI's input reading.

How's co-op? I've gotten to WoTN and haven't done it once, am I missing out?

not really this game has a bunch of poor explained/ miss-translations that makes descriptions very unclear, like why does agility scale A+ on a rifle affect melee damage?
is it so absence that i would second guess that the rear damage bonus would affect other weapons besides swords?

"Close Combat Damage (full-life)" affects all damage, not just close combat damage. The game's frequently retarded.

When I found out that range weapon skills affect melee it changed everything for the better

The sword would have to be equipped so it would only effect whatever ranged weapon you have equipped as well, most likely.

Or how they wait for you to pop back up before continuing their combo when you use quick change.

>join into WotD Spider castle
>host is clearly lost and has to be led around
>reach the boss
>he one shots it
>60 hours on record
>mfw
methinks there are suspect happenings about

both of the mystic arts specifically says "with a sword" come on dude.

It's fun. Or infuriating. Either way you can get some good shit from it.

Do dual swords get twice the bonus for being TWO swords? Odachi for being a bigger sword?

Define "Sword"

I'm getting sick of how bullshit this game is in general.

Does Equipment Weight damage bonus also affect melee damage

>tfw want to use kusarigama and spear, but putting 200 in dex sounds lame to me since I dont like ninjutsu much

what do I do bros? I need to use a spear at all times, that's my favorite weapon, but kusarigama is fun, too. Thinking about maybe going 2kat and spear since they share two damage stats as well

Nioh is honest-to-god going to make me break a controller soon. This is the least fun I've ever had playing a game.

Nobody is forcing you to. Play something else.

ninjutsu has a lot of good passive buffs

>want to use yukimura skin since I've been a fanboy of him for years
>find spears boring
>too autistic to use his skin without his appropriate weapon

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggh

play as waifu :3

HEY GUYS WOULDN'T IT BE REALLY EPIC IF WE GAVE EVERY SINGLE ENEMY MASSIVELY INFLATED HP VALUES AND ALSO THE ABILITY TO READ EVERY SINGLE INPUT THE PLAYER DOES

Yes, agility and equipment bonus are pretty damn good to have on your range. If you're running an elemental weapon or LW I believe elemental damage % works too (eg. kato + fire damage 23%)
Or
Just using them to increase drop rates of items.

use LW

>MASSIVELY INFLATED HP VALUES
Have you tried equipping a weapon?

>WOTW mount hei mission
>guy with the name "834828123" fights one thing and leaves the rest to me
>was missing a fucking kodama in the tiny graveyard
>does absolutely nothing for the boss fight except sit in the corner and guard
>I get fucked up ridiculously since I could only get confusion on him once
>could have gone 10x easier if he helped out with his guardian spirit attack to inflict confusion

this is my first time encountering one of these fucks, I'll remember this piece of shit.

Kato
Amrita attack absorb magic
Amrita multiplier absorb magic
Attack buff magic
Sloth
Defense debuff
Revive decoy jutsu
Stealth jutsu
Quiet walking jutsu

Welcome to easy mode

You forgot Kodama Transformation

What do LW build people put their spirit at? I want to grind these floors as fast as I can to get graces

Common trend I see is.
200 for three stats your weapon uses
30 for magic and dex (if said weapon doesn't use it)
Whatever you need to wear equipment you want
99 for spirit

99 spirit, really? I tried it and didn't really notice a difference in amrita gauge regen from like 50 to 99. Maybe I'm retarded though, I'll try it again

It's mostly to lower the cooldown of guardians after switching or using LW
youtu.be/fOVjAupRFug
>start off with oda's peacock
>activate attack up skill
>switch to kato

You can see the cooldown is really short

I started my way of the strong playthrough today and its been pretty smooth sailing i just got done pumping yuki-onna's asshole full of metaphorical cum and i was wondering can i just do queen's eye and skip to way of the demon? would i be missing anything important?

Aaah I see, that makes sense for that quick buff then

GS bond says it lowers amrita gauge requirements, but it seems to fall off a lot maybe? Even with 99 I need 2 small spirit stones to activate it, which I can also do at 30

Yes, you can do that, and what you'd "miss" would just be more equipment and shit to make the jump to Way of the Demon easier.

You can always go back and replay the old stuff though so no need to worry about smithing texts or whatever.

cool, though most of my gear is divine +5 mostly using tonfa/sword do you think i'm ready for the jump?

How do you unlock marobashi?

Are you using the amirita multiplier onmyo skill? I think when I had an LW build I used that plus "amirita earned" on my armor so it just took 1 amirita stone.

get 500000 proficiency with every weapon and win every dojo duel with the weapon masters

Yeah I use extraction and the other one

But I never put +amrita gain on my armor ever

Is there a way to remove the HUD for screenshots?
asking for a friend

If you have an nvidia card you can alt+F2 and it pauses everything and lets you just pan around shit

Aaaaaah!

I accidentally offered these dual swords with sign of the cross damage on them instead of defiling. Wanted to get + levels on them since I'm climbing 50-60 abyss right now

im retarded

All onmyo, ninjutsu and lw whores as well as all Iai cheaters take note: This is what a non-cheese quality build looks like in Nioh.

Seems pretty common so it should drop again. I was crafting the 2kat with master swordsman skill which has the set bonus for sign of cross, and got it in a few tries

Ansel is cool as heck

Just wish the file sizes were smaller, have to open it up in paint and resave it in order to upload here. It saves like 5 MB images

Did you get it without an inheritable though? That's the tricky part.

Is lower enemy attack(ranged weapon) any good?

why would you want it without inheritable?

I don't think it was inheritable. Nice part was not worrying about the damn grace when I defiled it. Screw grace farming

It forges with an empty slot, so you need it without an inheritable to get all slots filled.

Yeah managed to craft another. I forget, defiling will add a skill to that blank spot right? Or I guess I'll need to craft more and get sign of the cross + not inheritable spot taken

fatass ki-whore
nah I joke, i'm really bad at this game.

On the region map the bars under all the region's are full except omi and osaka winter. I've completed all the missions available. Are more missions unlocked after completing the dojo missions?

Defiling only adds a grace, but it won't do anything for an item that already belongs to a set.

Entangle or twirl?

Armor is nice though. Did they purposely make it have a Jin-Roh vibe?

What's the point of having thousands of HP when a sneeze will kill you?

There isn't. Get heavy armor instead.

I'll tag onto this. I've just finished all the story and DLC story missions in WotN and started pushing higher abyss levels, but the game seems to be getting progressively more bullshit as time goes on. The balance of incoming damage felt reasonable on the first playthrough but now the times when I die increasingly feel like they're either due to RNG bullshit I wouldn't reasonably be expected to avoid, or a result of me trying to do something interesting like actually attack a humanoid instead of Backwaving them.
I have 5.9k life, I can swing at a humanoid doing regular Katana or Spear moves in WotN DLC and if they happen to poise through my attack with a high stance heavy I'll take 9k+ damage for my trouble. Then my Quick Change scroll goes off and it's a pure dice roll to see if I survive or not based on what the mob decides to do. If a dog does a spin attack from off the side of my screen that kills me, if I try to attack an umbrella at the wrong time and it does an instant footstomp while I'm swinging that kills me.
Meanwhile I can take infinite rocket launcher shots to the face without a care in the world, crystal buffed quad wielding Namas tickle me for some reason, humanoid boss melee deals less damage than humanoid non-boss melee. Small skeletons are lethal.
Somewhere along the lines everything just gets fucked up and stops making sense. I'm considering rolling a new character with a completely different build to see if that's more enjoyable from WotSam again.

Didn't even aim for that much ki, it's just that I did all the titles on way of samurai already and got a lot of extra +ki and needed heart for extra odachi damage, as well as using level 60 kato because it's the only spirit that boosts the basic stuff you do, while most other spirits are 100 different shades of cheese.

Is Kato really that good

It has everything a melee build can possibly want. You can even get a Weaken Weapons effect out of Kato if you combine him with a water spirit.