/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1118 - Sonally but yuri Edition.

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PEtRUDQxHhE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

Remove rats.

Maybe

Yeah, that irked me. People who weren't in the Discord weren't featured in some sort of planned 1,000 special.

I don't know, I think it should just be anons, and if you want to get in contact with local drawfags, just put up a list on the booru or something with an example work.
Maybe someone could do that, I don't know enough of our artists, some big graph of HildaAnon to ABT to Sparky or some shit.

>Vanilla used to be an unrefined girl

IIRC, Catfucker got in the Discord, which is why they made it mod-invite only. Compared to other discords it's still fine, as it's mostly just drawfags posting art when it's still WIP. But I can see how it could be off-putting to people.

*Sonamy but yuri*

who or what is catfucker

matching christmas outfitsu

>There are people in this general that unironically get angry looking at this fictional 14 year old hedgehog
Can autism go even further beyond?

What Shadow was the hero and Sonic was the Ultimate Life Form.

And old shitposter who used to talk about how much he loves to suck & jerk off his cat. I think he first showed up in /sthg/ back in like, 2015.

That's a pretty cool picture of sonic and two black people

That just makes her cuter!

Look at this, her knees are almost showing, too lewd.

Man. I really want a picture of Sonic rapping with passion

Sonic is both the hero and the Ultimate Lifeform.

Wait what, what you sorry for?
I don't get this post, sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel bad or anything.

It just feels better to shitpost as we always did.

>but it does irk me that it's sprung up from a place where you can anonymously shitpost about Sonic
Why does that bother you

>Yeah, that irked me. People who weren't in the Discord weren't featured in some sort of planned 1,000 special.
What, but the thread was asked to draw pictures, I drew something and then joined the discord afterwards.

I like Chip.

next character posted is your date tonight

>2015
>Old
I remember when /sthg/ storytimed the reboot as it was coming out, and that still qualifies for newfag in my eyes. My, how time flies.

not canon

I hope everyone's having an good day today and isn't locked outside freezing to death.

There's already a list of drawfags on the pastebin, so people looking for them can contact them there. The discord is a parallel community.

I'm laying in front my oven right now. Nice and toasty

You're not canon.

I didn't join either of those secret santa things, it just seemed weird to do that here.

Can we swap hemispheres? Australian summer makes me want to kill myself.

>Not canon
>Egg Dragoon was in Generations and Forces

Is it up to date though?

You're not, I'm not, No one is

You have to admire Amy's commitment to escape the friendzone even though it's obvious it'll never happen. In a way she's just like us, expecting things to change with Sonic and constantly sticking by his side through good and bad.

Nope, I just found out some shitty painters are stealing my water and that shit is expensive now.

Well, y can just make something for the general if you'd like. It's all about celebrating Christmas, after all!

Nothing is canon.

There's two thread 1000 celebrations, people who waited for the thread to come around, and those who had planned it in Discord.
I think one kind user made an image of all the people who weren't on the Discord one, which I can't fucking find but it just felt kinda gay.
Like, we always waited until thread MileStone + 1 and collated the pictures, and this just felt like it was planned by a bunch of people beforehand to be this Discord only thing.

Also, it bothers me because I feel that we came to Veeky Forums because of what it offers, anonyminity to not be chastised because of other opinions, to have an autism fit over Blaze but then also be allowed to talk about the games without people being like "You're the guy that wants to stick his dick in a cat" kind of thing. Extreme examples, sure, but I dunno. I just think names, no shitposters and no stupid arguments day in and day out is against the whole ethos of Veeky Forums.

It's not up to date, no.

I think it's probably more that it was effectively labelled as 'discord is doing a thing' and being 'from the discord' as if they're a separate community rather than just an extension of /sthg/.

The drawfag list will presumably be very out of date with all the new arrivals and leavings.

>commitment to sonic
I'm leaving him just the games once mighty number blonic gets made

holy shit

Amy is so cute!

Speaking of which, I'm getting kind of tired of the Egg Dragoon. What Eggman mechs would you guys like to see again? Personally I'd be down for a new and improved Egg Viper.

I want to see new ones.

God, I miss my wood stove. Splitting wood all summer in northern Michigan is a pain in the ass, but it's worth it in the winter. Stick a nice cast-iron pot full of water on top of the stove for maximum comfy.

I feel sorry for not being more strict like the rest of the oldfags. /sthg/ was very much against OCs, namefags, discords, and so on before. I never thought it could get this bad if people were more easy on those things.

I don't think OCs are a problem unless you're avatarfagging or stalking a drawfag

/sthg/ created its own OC a week and a half after it started and there were plenty of namefags leftover from The Ride.

There was no point in fighting the ocs once forces announced it was part of the game

It couldn't be helped.
I think the drought of games and comics is slowly killing us. We have more people defending this stuff than before.

I don't mind someone posting and recognising their project, that's fine, or needing a name for a specific thing, but the discord I still think is a bad idea.
OC's was inevitable considering Forces.

Hell the first thread in the general's history was done by a tripfag. And the Discord is honestly nowhere near as big of a deal as people are making it out to be. Not only is 99% of the people there are people who are already known by a name in this general (like drawfags, TC, Shadowanon GHPAnon), but it's mostly a dead Discord.

This is an adorable render

and this is pure quality

Don't have some fireplace either? it is comfy

Can I offer you tea and something to eat, /sthg/?

Either the Egg Walker or the Hyper Eggrobo

I don't like tea, but I am a bit peckish.

What a pleasant surprise.

Big Arms would actually be pretty good as a boost game boss.

No, I left my old homestead for (comparative) civilization, so I've got that newfangled HVAC thing that everyone's talking about.

How thoughtful of me to offer you tea-tea-tea-tea.

No, tea is for the weak! I'M NOT WEAK! HURRRAAGGGHHHH!!!!

>tea
I'll take water

Who's a weak jackal? You are!

I'M HAVING FUN AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU DUMBOTS CAN DO ABOUT IT!

>sthg/ created its own OC a week and a half after it started
This is not the same as every autist in the neighborhood coming aboard with their own, personal OC, and engaging in discussion/avatarfagging/roleplaying or posting art of it. It has no place here.

>there were plenty of namefags leftover from The Ride
Blaze only posted the first thread and then pretty much went missing, if I remember correctly. Fatoler was eventually told to stop using his, and he agreed. TC never used one in here that I remember. What namefag leftover from the ride (or otherwise) namefagged here back then after that?

In general, people had much higher values for the culture here before. At all or at least most times, it was understood that OCs and namefags weren't welcomed and people sounded relatively IB knowledgeable. Even during the hard shitposting after the Anniversary party, I got the feeling the people sticking with the thread weren't mouthbreathers like so many we're stuck with today.

There are people like you who want anarchy so you can shitpost and falseflag constantly, and there's Discord for people who want rules and names to maintain better thread quality. No one is being forced to join the Discord so there's no need to get so worked up about it.

OCs are only really a problem when they're spammed - which they were after Forces' release but that was inevitable and eventually died out.
The only real problem with OCs now are certain artists often posting nothing but their OCs which is frustrating.

Namefags trigger my autism but they generally don't exist in the general outside of GHPanon who I do wish wouldn't use it for every fucking post he makes.

Discord was fine at first but boy they've been ramping up the bullshit recently.
>Dude just drop our amazon wishlists in the thread and call it an /sthg/ event it'll be fine :^)
You know who you are and you're faggots.

Infinite's full theme... is kino...

>if I don't like it that makes it bad

That list is not even remotely up-to-date.

link?

Fuck no. The original 2 minute loop we got is the best part of the whole song

youtube.com/watch?v=PEtRUDQxHhE

>stalking a drawfag
>GHP officially changed his name to GHPChad
This entire scenario has been a wild ride.

Plus, the album was linked last thread. Find it yourself.

That's totally the reason.
Look, I like anonymity here because it's part of the fucking board culture. It's so that we can sperg out about something but not get treated the same the next day on a totally different conversation.
It's so that no-one is more respected than anyone else, that everyone's opinion is valid.

And yeah, it's also so people can shitpost, but where the fuck do you think we are?
If I wanted anywhere else, I'd go somewhere else.

What I don't like is the sense of "There's anons and there's namefags on the discord". We should all be chatting shit here.
If you want to have a circlejerk elsewhere, fine.
If you want to make a Sonic art discord, fine by me.

But trying to mix the two's not going to work because they don't fucking mesh.

I'm not going to join it, but I think there's a divide happening.

I AM THE TALLEST OF MOUNTAINS; DON'T YOU EVER FORGET IT
IF YOU STEP IN THE RING THEN YOU'RE GONNA REGRET IT

HA YEAH, CUS IF YOU'RE MESSING WITH ME, YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT IT'S OVER
I DON'T COME HOME FOR NOTHING, I GOT THE WHOLE WORLD ON MY SHOULDERS

RIP, if you got a backyard or driveway you could always get a firepit or something.

Thanks, I do enjoy tea

Amy please, I know just what your cup of tea is.

You sound like a fucking faggot.

Thoughts?

>OCs, namefags, discords, and so on
what does "and so on" include? I just want to make sure I'm not contributing to the general's decline. I don't think I am since no one's ever seemed annoyed when I post but I don't know. People here are usually nice compared to the rest of Veeky Forums

>what does "and so on" include?
Canadians

Tasty.

So on, just anything going against the board culture.
OC posting has usually been looked down on, namefags have always been a staple of bad Veeky Forums etiquette, Discord is against the whole fucking point.

As long as you're shitposting with the rest of us, you're doing a good, no worries.

>posting nothing but their OCs
Who? Because at the very least Kayla, Hildaanon & Peep do requests & draw shit that's not related to their OCs. Not to mention, GHPAnon agreed to stop using his name for every post (even before that one user got on his ass over it, since he fucking got banned when he wasn't posting without his trip).

Also, the Discord Secret Santa thing was poorly planned out, but I never got the amount of complaints for it. They said multiple times that nobody is obligated to do shit for them, or anyone else.

I don't really care for the /sthg/ Discord, but I don't get the complaints about it. Outside of drawfags showing off their WIP drawings, it's a dead as hell place.

>Margarine

Reeee

>Listing to these lyrics knowing Shadow made him his bitch on a random day.

>I DON'T COME HOME FOR NOTHING, I GOT THE WHOLE WORLD ON MY SHOULDERS

I swear these lyrics make it sound like Infinite was originally supposed to be somebody else and actually had a real motive at one point.

wasn't posting with his trip*

>no establishments ever serve margarine
Makes me FeelBad as lactose intolerant user

No, the music of Forces is just a lot more ambitious than the actual game.
The game didn't even come close to earning The Light of Hope as its credits theme.

That was probably the original plan, but the retarded gaijin from the west probably thumbed down the idea because of "Ow the Edge!".

>m-muh board culture

Fuck off shitposter-kun.

>my mom's boyfriend could be posting on here

:3

>I DON'T COME HOME FOR NOTHING
It's "I DON'T *CRUMBLE FOR NOTHING"

yeah, cuckposting is always a bad thing

>People here are usually nice compared to the rest of Veeky Forums
Seriously tho why is this?

To be fair, I can understand the concerns. Usually that type of shit is what starts to fuck up other boards or other generals & some just feel like that it takes away from what makes Veeky Forums special.

But in this case, it's not much to be worried about. Again, the Discord is barely active outside of drawfags showing their stuff off. Even their Secret Santa has barely been talked about in their channel lately. This general seems to have people with a better head on their shoulders than most other generals, so I'm not gonna worry just yet.