Loss edition.

Previous mission: News:
1)LW2 will NOT be ported to WotC by Pavonis
>pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26982

2)EXPANSION is out NOW
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>[YouTube] XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Announce Trailer
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj

3)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point News (New Update: 12/12//2017)
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2017/8/29/geoscape-ballistics-and-more
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>[YouTube] Phoenix Point Fig Movie

4)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated long before WOTC (Out of Date)
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

The X-COM Files for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4595.0

/xcg/ neither condemns nor condones that which is lewd
>pastebin.com/DwwGRCUH

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/1126623381/1474221865199842878/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pistols are useful

Remember to try today's daily challenge, Commanders!

I really should. What's the challenge today?

Transport raid, Psionic aliens vs Standard Enemies.

If you want more details: 5 Sectoids, 3 Priests, 1 Codex vs 1 Sectopod, Andromedon, Sectoid, Heavy MEC, Archon and a bunch of assorted Advent goons. You need to abuse Mind Control and Stasis and force the enemy units to tear each other apart, while the Sectoids spam plasma pistol shots to strip armour from the heavy hitters.

I got the 16th highest score when I did it earlier tonight, which I'm quite pleased with.

Sounds fun.
Good job on 16, does it tell you how many people have tried the challenge?

nice shill OP
omg pls buy our game and and and DLC and mod it it's so cool to mod games :DD
kys

>does it tell you how many people have tried the challenge?

It does, though only after you complete it. After exiting the mission, you go back to the 'accept challenge' screen and it tells you there how many people have attempted the challenge. It was sitting at about 140 last time I checked.

Sweet

Daily reminder that the AI in this game literally cheats.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

>tfw the wrath of the chosen mod makes the hunter crash the game
ughghghghg

The diva modder's greatest revenge. Did you set his rifle AP back to 1?

no, but apparently there's some kind of corruption according to the log files

I literally just reinstalled the game clean wtf

>first UFO fight ever
>archon king shows up

send help

It's too late for you

Im gonna status the DoT out of him

Sounds like a mod conflict or another mod problem. I've used the mod and had no related crashes.

I know but I've been futzing around all day to no avail. I've got no AI mods other than the ones the guy who made the mod made.

I don't think ABA changes the chosen

>I don't think ABA changes the chosen

It does in fact. I was about to ask if you had it.

It would be tremendous if you could outline them for me. Maybe I could comment out the conflicts

According to

steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/1126623381/1474221865199842878/

>Chosen Changes:
>All Chosen:
>- Increased Chance to Capture your soldiers to 75% (up from 33).
>- The Retribution action will now reduce income in a region by 25-40 (up from 15-25), however it will generate less knowledge for the Chosen (5-10, down from 15)
>Hunter:
>- The Grapple ability of the Chosen Hunter now has a 3 turn cooldown to make him a little less hyperactive.
>The Elder's Greatest Champion(TM):
>- The Elder's Greatest Champion(TM)'s Teleport Ally ability now has a 3 turn cooldown. It's not like he ever did something useful with it anyways.

Grapple cooldown sounds like the problem but I'm not an expert on this subject.

They put the Hunter on ADD meds :(

Both mods modify the Hunter's grapple but there's really no problem with him using it every turn so long as he's using it to get into advantageous positions instead of double moving. For Wrath though I it might be a balance decision since he's very dangerous and always shoots.

Is it out yet?

Thanks a lot my dude I fixed the problem.

I can't thank you enough.

A test version that so far works okay, but only to a select few including myself. He's still getting all the bugs out and adding things.

Nice!

>1)LW2 will NOT be ported to WotC by Pavonis

Random question, but has there been any news on Terra Invictus? The Pavonis website says they're "preparing for a crowdfunding campaign" or something but it's been saying that for as long as I can recall.

Not that I know of.

Can unsubscribing and resubscribing to a mod completely fuck up the game? I just did that with the More Cities mod and now every save crashes on load and starting a new game leads to an automatic mission failure

Try verifying game file integrity.

Tried, no luck

Try deleting everything in the mods folders to force steam to redownload all the mod files. Could aslo be your save is corrupted

What are your dream mods for xcom2? Mine is googly eyes with pupil physics on the alien ruler armor

intriguing

An XSoldier mod for the female soldiers so we can have big muscled Amazon warrioresses to go along with the hunky beef barbarians.

Full Vocaloid Team with voice sound pack directly from their respective engines. Bonus points for hair physics for their hair.

>get sparks late because I failed my first engineer mission and couldn't get one until month 2
>get first spark when my team had warden & plasma
>don't upgrade spark armor and weapon since I only have 1 and decided to upgrade if it gets a few levels
>it dies uselessly and contributed nothing
>later get booty blasted the second time I encounter warlock because he killed 3 squad members, 2 of them majors
>rage build a spark and fully upgrade it
>it flies through the ranks because I can field it on every mission
>RA P-3 tears the warlock's boipucci apart

Are Sparks actually good?

>Are Sparks actually good?
Yes, the part where it can go on every mission is key as well.

An escalating difficulty mod that adds more enemies to late-game encounters without making the first third of the game any harder.

Sparks are great especially with a mod to let them use the Training Center.

>Retaliation mission
>Should be easy enough
>Send my reaper onward to scout ahead
>Spot a Berserker and a couple of advent troops
>Get my troops in position to attack
>Throw a grenade over to them
>Alerted the presence of a Lost Swarm
>Okay, we can handle that
>Within 3 turns of maneuvering around, managed to kill all of them
>Next turn, we alerted the presence of two other Berserkers/Mec/Sectoid and a couple of advent troops
>The ensuing battle kept on alerting the lost to our position
>Jesus fucking christ.
>It was every turn literally 10 were spawing and kept on running towards us and advent.
>22 turns of grueling battle
>Used the advent troops to distract the swarm while we drain the berserkers.
>We pull through with 4 gravely wounded, while my reaper is just lightly wounded. Thank god I brought someone with a medkit along.
>We killed 97 enemies.

Fuck me, it was intense as fuck. Share battle stories /xcg/

Moonman voicepack when?

OpenXcom stuff is relevant in this general too, right? I've been fiddling around with the Combat Uniform Armors mod with the current nightly and can't get it working at all. Just crashes at start-up, quoting a file read (gif) failure in the mod files. Tried making a Resources and Ruleset folder and stuffing things in them, but no success. Don't suppose anybody's had the same problem? I'm on Windows btw

I think you'll have better luck for technical support on the oxcom forums.

I mean, people here play it. But I doubt you'll get specific help.

Fair enough. Just wondering if anyone else here has had a similar issue lately. It seems to be a pretty popular mod. I'll ask there though

A mod that replaces swords with punching.
I want to fist a sectoid so hard he gets stuck in the pavement.
I want to destroy the avatars with good ol' fashioned physics.
The closest thing ingame is the rage suit but instead of punching the dude just chimps-out like a nigger and punches the ground.

Who would win here?

>implying anyone could beat MECs

>Who would win here?
MEC Trooper.
The MEC's Alien alloys are superior to the Power Armour's steel plating.
Same with the Particle Cannon and the Laser Rifle.

Lamia resistance faction

Every unported Valkyria Chronicles uniform and weapon

isn't that a woman who eats children?

I think most snakes do.

That explains this thing I saw the other day

MECs literally use reverse-engineered alien technology, and they're designed to withstand hits from plasma weapons, so that piddly little laser gun isn't going to do much against them.

the assassin is a cute

The Warlock is the only bad chosen.
He looks like a crusty 90 year-old.

So I got this French baget lover, is ok to build her as Psi Medic ? She already have a hi Will tho.

Warlock's got those beautiful locks.

That's how I build her

He's THE ELDER'S GREATEST CHAMPION, he doesn't need to look like some monsterboy husbundo or sexy alien waifu.

>mfw I have sex with a human and find their puny penis unsatisfactory

Agreed on the punching part, all of it. But Swords Stay.

What are some good vanilla customization mods?

A Better Advent?

The XSoldier mod gives soldiers at Weight 80 and above the Rage Strike ability from the RAGE Suit, has a three-turn cooldown and does a lot of damage with the chances to disorient, stun, and unconscious.

capnbubs, modern warfare ports, rb6 siege ports, all of the XCOM 1 ports, Stenchfurries modular armor.

>idiots reeing about inconsequential regulations being repealed
Ugh the other boards are unbearable right now.

People still freaking out about "Net Neutrality"?

He asked a question and I answered it, relax child.

>specifically state that the Rage suit smashes the ground like an ape and that punches were prefered
>in an attempt to find even 1 redeeming trait of your shit mod you post it even though it doesn't fit the requirements

So the problem is it's not the "correct" type of punch? How nitpicky.

It's not even a punch you retarded cockmongler.
I want shit like the SPARK Pugilist class mod but for normal soldiers.

That would require a lot of work to correctly add those animations to the soldiers' skeletons and actions.

That's the reason it's my "dream mod".

My dream mod is putting in all the enemies from XCom 1/EW that were left out of 2. Imagine the crimes against humanity combinations of all those foes could make.

No thin-men and no Mechtoids was a crime against humanity.

Floaters, too, and Seekers, they could have had their AI and/or moves altered a bit to be more dangerous and not be clones of 2 units. Hell, someone did an Archon mod that adds a female version which spawns along with the male versions and has completely different attacks and her own passive special.

>In an alternate universe people are complaining that Firaxis is too lazy and shit at their jobs so they just copy and pasted the alien from xcom1
You know it's true

Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of the XCom 2 enemies, but I'd also like the XCom 1/EW enemies as well. Even the old Sectoids, they could be stealth units hiding inside things and doing mind damage attacks while their bigger brothers stay in the open and do their mind stuff.

For the sectoid part, I'd enjoy if the current bufftoids are just another strain of sectoids but Sectoid Commanders still existed. So instead of normal bufftoids, lategame the scrawny sect. commanders came to fuck your shit up.

What if instead the Sectoid Commander was a boss-level unit like the Chosen and Rulers who had a squad of other Sectoids he initially spawns with?

>58 aim
Now I remember why I never fucking used Annette. Too bad it stalled my campaign a lot

I tried that a while ago, really didn't like the AI changes - it gets really boring if Advent squaddies just sit behind high cover camping overwatch turn after turn. The dozens of pointless enemy variants they've added don't endear it to me either.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind for Fire Emblem Warriors port. I Just want to see how Robin is gonna slay some Ayy's.
I wonder if some one dumb models from FEW...

Next Darkest Dungeon is "cosmic horrors." Pretty hype desu

>new DD dlc coming soon
Can't wait for /dadg/ to come back for a bit only to die afterwards.

>medic/engi
>needing aim

They do other things than throwing shit you know

redpill me on the DLC. What I erad was it was simply broken in favor of AI. An analogue would be doing Dark Souls SL1 run, or floaters with 120 base aim

Hmmm? This is a new dlc that's not even out yet. All we know is that it involves Ayys.

Not that one, the older one