/fhg/ - For Goner General

DEDicated Edition

Peer2peer: >>Season 4 Hero Trailers:
youtu.be/cDHhUmtamS0

youtu.be/6YrrzI0rqLk

>>Season 4 Info
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-ca/updates/season-4-order-havoc/index.aspx

For Honor v1.15 Patch Notes
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-305836-16/for-honor-v115-patch-notes

>>New players:
>If you plan on using a controller, it is highly recommended you go into your settings and shrink the dead zone
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK

>>Multiple hero video guides
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkiUfT_3_4AnTBKwzZQO7-fDgKDzwPRPr

>>Wikis:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>>Character values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

>>Gear modifier values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mPLuxn-bPMwxOotsIL8lM-x0jP101dIbUnMD1ten7ik/edit#gid=154396609

>>Gear Stat Help
i.imgur.com/7HPdL9B.jpg

>>Gear appearances
alfalis.de/For_Fashion/

>>Friends list sign up Doc:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>>For those that have signed up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>>War of Factions:
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/war-of-factions/

>>PVP Stat Tracker:
fhtracker.com/

>>Story mode collectibles:
gameranx.com/features/id/93082/article/for-honor-all-knights-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93191/article/for-honor-all-vikings-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93397/article/for-honor-all-samurai-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/

Reminder that Samurai own this general kniggers and snow niggers need not apply

own this ya damn jap

Mordhau will blow this game out of the god damn water

chivalry 0.25

Just finished 20 ranked matches and got the rank of silver III, what does this mean in terms of skill

*Blocks your attack*

What do you do?

Jokes on you.
Mars favors me.

I counter guardbreak of course!

dodge left because he is gonna do poke

disconnect at the end of the game and force the whole match to crash

Means you can still find a match

more like chiv 5.0: FH's water has been blown edition

>do feint
>never able to bank it before
Sometimes I feel like feints only ever work if your connection is stable, the opponent has slow heavy attacks and he parries by habit. They never work against someone who has sanic fast lights or proceeds to attack regardless because you wasted your stamina on feinting and you get staggered first.

It's like waiting for the stars to align so it could work.

>going to war against archers without a shield

>Be Centurion
>Have a valk on my team
>Valk manage to get a sweep combo while I snuck a guardbreak on a Warden
>I jump on him like a pack of niggers on a blonde bimbo in detroit
>While he's down Valk can get another sweep combo
>It's nothing but sweep and I N C R E D I B I L I S without the Warden being able to do shit about it
>Mfw

you can see the regret on his face

what the fuck, i've searched 'for honor open test' in the uGay shop and nothing comes up.

its not in the shop its in your library under free games

no it's not faggot

i dunno what to tell you man, it was there for me

Try restarting uPlay, wasn't there for me until I closed it and reopened it.

i could kiss you, worked like a charm

>The fix was restarting uplay
>THE FIX WAS RESTARTING UPLAY
WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU TRY THAT ON YOUR OWN YOU INBRED AMISH CUNT

because i was busy fucking your dad and multitasking is hard

>literally 700+ points over next highest scoring teammate.

Christ I fucking hate this, at least it feels good when you win though. There should be a fucking "MvP" award for the two best players on the team and they get slightly more EXP.

You know that's actually a good idea, sub objectives depending on the class you play
>At the end of the match you get award xp for them
>Vanguard get more points for each enemies killed when they're outnumbered and how many points captured
>Assassin get it easy, more points for damage dealt and kills
>Heavies get more points for amount of time defending a zone or saving/res teammates
>Hybrids get a little of everything

Its it on consoles too or just pc?

The open test?
Available for everyone, all the infos are in OP's picture.
Where it's located exactly? dunno for consoles.

It's on consoles. It's an application separate from the main game, like the beta was.

In fact I think they literally just updated the beta client for this and put it back up on the store.

>Assassin get it easy, more points for damage dealt and kills
Not sure what you mean by that since Assassin renown gain is the worst but if you mean for like bonus exp then yea, it'd be good but not as good as Hybrid though.

Yeah, XP, not renown, also I believe assassin renown gain is based on streaks, not just killing a guy.

it is if you dont get streaks as an assassin getting feats is hard

This game is starting to make me racists towards Scandinavian people and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I didn't know that could be a thing until I started to realize how fucking ugly Icelandic sounds.

>join 5th fucking in progress game in a row
>carry the previous 4 see
>teammates are fucking shamans that constantly shit talk for their "Le ebin why u have to be mad?" when they can't even kill a Kensei at 1HP.
>5th game team I join is 46 points to 583.
>quit
>receive MM penalty

I'm not even mad.

Norwegian is a much better language. It trips me out that I can pick up like 60% of what they're saying.

>MM penalty ends
>join another fucking in-progress match on Sentinel
>match is stuttering 400ms Nobushi lights.
>capture A site, have perfect angle to help teammate inside of C
>accidentally kill him
>Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!
>"Oh shit, Sorry man"
>Make disconnects.

I guess I deserved it.

I don't find the language itself ugly, but more the voice of the heroes.
For exemple Warlard sounds like a 90years old death metal singer while Femraider sounds like an ex runner with lung cancer with all the "eeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" and "uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh" she does, and besides them you have the berserker who, male and female, sounds pretty good.

I guess that could be it. This is the first I'm hearing the language so often. The voice actors in this game are pretty bad IMO, well. not all of them it's just the few we have are terrible IMO.

From worst to least worst it's Valk, Raider, Warlord, Lawbringer and Fem Glad.

Hey we got this guy as Male Warden, it's all good for me.

So how do I play Ronin?

>that guy
>listening to the dub
>not associating the voice with the superior role

lights
heavy feints into your all counter is your friend

>Giving shit to Redline dub
>Muh illidan
I bet you kiss girls too you little faggot

Hell yea. Male fucking Warden is my shit. pic related is badass same voice actor voices in a weeb RPG.

he's straight up doing the illidan voice in this game you soyboy
I dont want to hear JP as garrosh and machinehead as Uther either

>7th fucking match in a row that's in-progress.
>team is far behind
>manage to catch up
>decide to go face the Warden who has been boosting this entire time
>once I enter his proximity the match begins to stutter and I literally enter the 16th fucking dimension.
>unreactable attacks and shoulder bashes
>spam zone and lights
>kill him
>pulls a JRPG super bosses and comes back to life. comes back with revenge too.
>he does this two more times
>every fight with him goes like this.
>win everyone since lag switchers struggle to block Aramusha lights and zone.

feels fucking good but Christ almighty I feel like I'm cursed. Nothing but In progress games today. Carried most of them except for two.

forgot pick related.

fuck lag switchers though, I've hardly encountered them. The times I have they fuck up and end up dropping the match for everyone. This is the first one I fought that

How does the soft feint work as Aramusha? What makes a heavy attack count as a 'finisher'?

When is the dedicated server going to be available

soooo is the dedicated server test up?

femglad least worst, lay of the crack asshole that shit should have an option to be completely turned off all i hear is ooof oof aaahooof ooof oooof all fucking day in 4v4.

4 and half hours left.
13:00 UTC

God it feels good to get a cool teammate in brawl that isn't afraid of double teaming people

The character design in this game is so great. I really love it to death.

Yeah but for every one of those you're going to get 9 honourfags who will refuse to fight until the enemy doubleteams you and then lose trying to 1v1 both of them.

What hat/face set is that for Musha?

What is the point of Valk doing headbutt?
Also why the fuck do people want Rapier user as a Vanguard?

This, with the 'Eternal Flame' ornament.

Yeah, if there's one thing For Honor didn't fucked up on it's the art.
Some realism-fags might have an autism induced seizure at some things, but it's still baller

Cheers.

kensei or aramusha? in terms of looks, fun to play and canon power level

Gladiator

Aramusha for looks, Kensei for fun to play and power level.

Did they buff orochi?

Bumpu

>The character design in this game is so great. I really love it to death.

honestly it looks like shit for 12 year olds

Post your Rep 40s

it means youre absolute garbage. how many did you lose?

i main conq so i just wait for you to fuck yourself.

what are you gonna do? best case scenario is you GB and I CGB and get fed some tasty revenge. or you just stand there helpless like an utter cuck.

or do you attack and gamble against me reaction dodge guarding your follow up attack and then bash->light you and start my offense

boys
how do i play cent anymore all his shit is useless

One hour

>bash->light you and start my offense
Just GB. Don't Conq get guaranteed GB off deflects like Valk?

Yes.
Going from top-heavy into top light make the top light unblockable.
Zone has been icreased by 200ms and has been changed so that he can spin as long as you have stamina, making him into some kind of bayblade if he get revenge, similar to Conq's zone.
Dodge attack is now similar to Shinobi's smoke teleport
He also have Tonzen's spin-thingie, can soft-feint it into a guardbreak at any time
His light-deflect now stagger your opponent to get a top heavy
His heavy deflect, same thing, except you can also kick the enemy with guardbreak input, it wallsplat as well.
He also have a gun

>I main Lawbringer

Duel?
Fish for parries.
4v4? Go nuts unless you get put up against a sweaty asshole, which you fish for parries.

On a related note, I fucking hate how clumsy cent is with feinting because of his charged heavy mechanic

are you serious? firstly, conq doesnt deflect really, he guards while dodging and can do a bash attack during the opponents recovery frames. you can very rarely get a GB if your dodge guard interacts with the opponents attack during the last few active frames of the dodge guard, in which case you might recover fast enough to get it, but as you can imagine this is next to impossible to do consistently on purpose because you have to do it as a read and hope your opponent fucks up

if conq could freely GB after a dodge guard it would mean that he could freely GB on any attempted attack from any enemy. the amount of active frames on his dodge guard is waaaaay longer than a typical deflect and it comes out instantly. as in on a fast connection, conq can dodge guard anything on reaction since it comes out faster than a guard change

>Shoev is al we hav leav us alon

Salt incoming

Mad cuz bad

My bad then. My only experience with this is against level 3 conq bots, who either parry my second lights or gb me after deflect.
Atleast they're easiest to kill since they love to do their flail charge.

can i ask, seriously and without resorting to a flood of memes and Veeky Forums slang, why do people hate law so much?

like who loses to law? in my experience, having played one character to R40 and the other to R10, law is just a poor man's conq. he has less ways to fight, isnt as strong at anything, has no guaranteed way to cause damage and even in team v team situations he isnt as useful as conq or shugo or warlord or anyone else with a comparable role to his.

so he gets to hit maybe 4 times a game with bomb that doesnt even guarantee a kill. big deal

Lawbringer was designed for brainlets. Also 95% of r/forhonor mains him, all he misses is a reddit man antenna ornament haha

>without resorting to a flood of memes and Veeky Forums slang

read the post again and have another crack at that response

He gets an ability to "Shove" people which gives an unblockable light, gb or heavy.
This means that the person who attacked law now suffers from reduced stamina and possibly taking damage. It used to be a move that was used to create spacing before , but now 80% of player base cannot counter it so he's hated.

Honestly they should just remove shove entirely and give Law better moveset. Make him parry king with decent offense.

>all he misses is a reddit man antenna ornament haha
kek

A law that refuses to act at all and only block-shoves is just as cancerously annoying to fight as a Conqueror. They need to fuck off.

Thanks guys

okay, so shit players aside, talking from a match up theory point of view, which characters are actually incapable of countering shove? in my experience of having played Law to rep 11 so far: all 6 assassins, valk, conq, raider and shug can all counter shove or reaction and using shove on them is actually a gamble for the law which has lower risk than reward.

excluding the mirror match of law vs law, that makes 10 characters out of 17 in the game who don't need to worry about law shoving them and a number of those if theyre played competently are actually hoping to be shoved.

hes a bad character who can only consistently beat bad players. if they made him a "parry king" as you suggest we would just have another cent, a character most skilled players consider a very annoying turtle on a much larger scale than law

Same heavy in the same direction
(Side heavy > side heavy(press top light)
Congrats you’ve just done your first soft feint

Oh hey the quitter is back

first reply. that didnt take long

I am not saying to give him 65+ Damage numbers off parries instead give him options to fuck with people after parries.

Make his impale non guaranteed on heavies and at same time make them cost more stamina. Add in the following
Light Riposte -> AdMortem
Light Riposte -> Impale.
Blind Justice works same, only guaranteed on lights.
Also give him a parry counter kick. He basically holds his pollaxe in shove way then kicks the person in chest and this wall splats for his basic top heavy. If there is no wall, it only gives a basic light. Though this isn't necessary.
Make his Make Way execute and give it "How to play" animation of spin.
Give him HA on his heavies and lower his sprint speed.
Swift Justice Finisher can be done from any top heavy, but it ends the chain.
Speed up or lower the recovery on Long Dong.

Eh mostly don't let him get damaging shit on light parries, best you're looking at will Impale->Top Heavy->Finisher for 60 Damage, and let him use his 150 HP to actually trade.

I'm the original law poster. I just think he looks cool and I like trying to parry people. It's the biggest "fuck you." The only shove I really do is off a heavy when I have momentum. Most of the roster can punish a shove on block. And if the hero I'm fighting can't, then they're probably a kensei and there's no need to be a dick cuz I can just parry their lights anyway for more damage.

2 more minutes.

>I am not saying to give him 65+ Damage numbers off parries instead give him options to fuck with people after parries
>all i'm saying is give him 60 damage parries, 2 dozen parry options, twice as much HP as cent and hyper armor on heavy attacks meaning his side unblockables absolutely must be parried and cant be interrupted

sounds fair

Hi Steph!

>lower his sprint speed
He should be as fast as assassins. No one escapes the Law

That 60 damage is highly situational though. Literally requires a wall. Other than that, he only gets 55, same as brozerker which wouldn't execute.

Law Sprint Speed increased to 120% which builds up by 5% for every step he takes until he's literally human catapult.

>Fuck around as >Kensei
>Mfw as I see Judge Dredd zipp past me like he's some rubberbanding asshole AI from Need For Speed

For fuck's sake, I'm supposed to play an old man who have so much fucking ton of battle experiences he's supposed to be specialized in "victory", wear fucking wooden armor, and a giant ass man full clade in jousting armor just floor my ass like no problems

>r*ddit is obligated to saying that same shitty joke literally every time sprint speed is mentioned