/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Multitasking edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP
↳Third Fleet Trailer 12/8: youtube.com/watch?v=8RIaU9kpA8Q
↳Paris Trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/7jo38u/monster_hunter_producer_confirms_there_will_be/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Worlds is best MH ever.

Apologize to Capcom.

Hanako for World?

Fuck you

>ONLY 18 monsters
>3 missing weapons
>Japs even had to pay for online
How did Capcom get away with it?

it's fine if it's Nintendo

Huntress butts!

>No items
>No armor
>Hammer only
>Tower 3

what about this

Good as always. Only the delusional call these flat.

Does anyone have the pics of the armor? Specifically the green one I don't know the name of.

HD sluts soon.

oh boy, i can't wait until this thread becomes an erp/fag dating site

>Worlds

>There will be rooms detracted to erp and gathering quest to erp lewd forest adventures
Why

Xth for Tamamitsune lotion.

World isn't great but it's equal with G rank will be

Better get out before your ass gets seriously blasted then

Aw, fucking hell.

I'm sold.

Wrong!

ded

i want tama soap, or lube

Oh I know EXACTLY what to do with this.

>BD cumlube mixed with soap
No thanks brah

M-Moisturizing?

I wish I could have seen /mhg/ when the beta first went live. It's so sleepy here now that it's over

Certainly one of the most rapid amounts of new threads in memory. I still don’t see why they can’t let us keep it.

You have short memory.

Because it's a beta demo, not a demo demo. Even the content was just the game show demos but with online.

Was the most fun I had in these threads in a long time.

Someone told me you can do multiplayer with emulated Monster Hunter. Is this true? Which version? Is it janky as shit or does it work well?

t. newfag

Why the fuck is there no MH merch in the capcom store?

I need links to good merch because I'm easily shilled.

I know p3rd on ppsspp works with evolve or tunngle

>capcom store
try amiami and the like

I have pic related. It was really cheap (like $20) and I couldn't pass it up.

UHHHHHHHHHH
xx room
63-8791-0039-3118

Does she come with a weapon and is it hammer?

That a prize fig? Looks pretty good.
What site you buy from?

Should've got another to hot glue for that price.

That's clearly not a fig, this is a fig.

I'm sorry your handler is ugly.

It came with the red supply box and a shitty switchaxe that I instantly removed. I found a bunch of them in a brick and mortar near me so no online link, sorry. They only had the Arzuros huntress in the shop, but I think they also do a male hunter with a bone greatsword. I like the look of these 3U figures but I'm pretty sure they'd cost way more than they're worth at this point.

It depends if they're Revoltech or Figma

>struggling with early progression and trying out different weapons because no money and unsure of where to get certain resources
>check the DLC section of Generations
>there's a whole bunch of free shit and like thousands of monies worth of Silver/Gold eggs
Jesus Christ this feels like cheating I didn't even claim all the starter packs.

I refuse to believe you guys drank the kool-aid so badly you'll accept microtransactions in monhun of all things.
Monster Hunter is dead.

>tfw got some muhfuggin (generic) Fig Newtons

Okay /v/
We're sorry that you're so nintengaf that you're just making shit up now.

>Japs has casuals complaining about consuming items slow when there's skills and wants healthbars for enemies
>Gag when the handler shows up
>Are happy about playing with foreigners

Is this some sort of joke? Really different from what I imagined they'd be like and by that I mean more tolerable than faggots on Veeky Forums making up shit to complain

Is there any place that has a lit of all info about Monster Hunter World changes, additions, fixes, and whatever else?

Am I?

reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/7jo38u/monster_hunter_producer_confirms_there_will_be/
>Don't worry gaijin, we no have lootbox
>only microtransaction, you like those, right?

That's DLC, not microtransactions.

>monsters and armor sets for those monsters are all free
>no lootboxes
>talking about dlc expansions later for maps and possible handler costumes
????

what are some good skills for adept gunlance?

Weren't those confirmed just store purchases for cosmetic items? Tons of games have those, and they're not really much of an issue if its just pay for it and get it. They already said they'd be adding free "monsters and such."

>Cosmetic content
It's basically same thing as that digital bonus Samurai transmog.
Also didn't gematsu have this article already?

In the pastebin.

The fuck?
Didn't they specifically state no lootboxes OR micro-transactions?
What the fuck are they thinking?

Why do people cry so much about loot boxes and microtransactions? I can't think of a single good game with either.

DLC is not microtransactions.

>this person doesn't know what micro-transactions are

of course he links to reddit
we've gone full circle

In-game purchase of costumes is not DLC either.

Sure it is. Any new content bought in a onetime purchase is DLC. Microtransactions are lootboxes and buying consumable or time limited items that can be bought over and over again.

It's the usual "MUH WESTERNIZATION AND JEWRY"

If the link actually translated the whole article, It's at least mean something(if the translation was correct, that is).
Should we wait for Gaijin Beater for this?

This is the most retarded mental gymnastic ever.
A single fucking costume is not DLC you moron.

Curious about the lance in Gen. Should I be using the counter constantly, or simply blocking followed by poke-poke-poke whenever I can fit it in? Countering is fun but it's chipping at my health.

It absolutely is. It's not about the amount of content, it's about the business model. A onetime permanent purchase of content is not a microtransaction and never will be. Horse armour was not a microtransaction. It was DLC. Reviled DLC.

Dlc is just downloadable content. Microtransactions imply recurrent payment. You only buy a costume once.

>Japs even had to pay for online
Holy shit, is that true?!

I loved that game to death, but it's not worth paying a monthly sub for...

you're listening to a sniplet from 2chan, a site full of millions of "normie" jap fags. what the fuck do you think?

Revvin' up Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for the the Xth time. What weapon should I focus on?

Delete this.

>introduced the best lance that you'll play in World
>introduced 2 good monster species
>best volcano
>good graphics
>great ost

bully a Kut-ku!

The audience of World and previous installments is completely different.

>Only two good monster species
;_;

I think you guys arguing need to fix your understanding of definitions of "microtransaction" and "DLC" first before you argue.
Any ingame item you buy, whether it's just a costume or stamps or something, with a small transaction is a microtransaction. Which means cosmetic items are microtransactions.
DLC is in abit more of a grey area. DLC is just "downloadable content", which means microtransactions can fall under DLC. Some people even argue on disc content unlocked with a paid "hidden code" when you make the transaction can also be considered DLC. It's more of an umbrella term.

>Microtransactions imply recurrent payment. You only buy a costume once.
Wrong. Microtransactions are just small transactions, whether it happens once or multiple times.

Either way, does it really matter when its a one time cosmetic thing for people who want it? Remove the manipulative random chance aspect of it and, yeah its a way for the devs to make some extra money, but its something that the consumer knows what they're getting and chooses to get specifically that. Its not really an issue.

I think this is fucking unacceptable on monhun and makes me worry about the future of the series.
Am I crazy?

Absolutely not.

It doesn't matter to me, but seeing anons argue about either when they haven't grasped the correct definitions is retarded, especially when they insist on their wrongly understood definition as being correct. Just calling that part out.

>Any ingame item you buy, whether it's just a costume or stamps or something, with a small transaction is a microtransaction. Which means cosmetic items are microtransactions.
If you're assuming that you're unlocking the costume for that character, sure. If it's account wide then it is DLC. I can't fucking read Japanese so I have no way of knowing which it is.

It's just cosmetics, and they're not lootboxes.
No game has ever been ruined by the system they're implementing.

I want to die.

Death isn't as great as it seems.

What is stopping you?

Death is a literal end to everything you know and your thoughts are gone forever and you as you are will never exist again in any time line. You will not wake up at pearly gates. You will not wake up at all. You won't even be. Death is final. So enjoy life, even if it's shitty.

Is anyone else skeptical about gunlance's gunning mechanics being scaled by sharpness now?
I mean it sounds like a good thing to have shelling scale now so when upgrading weapons further, the shelling wouldn't fall off but it also sounds like you're gonna have to do alot more sharpening now to keep damage up.
I wish they scaled it to the weapon attack values instead.

Please praise me for my creative and comedic genius of slightly changing the words on a comic.

I feel the same.
Can't believe they're killing MH this way.

Radial menu means you don't need to sheathe weapon to sharpen anymore. It isn't so bad even if you do need to sharpen more frequently.

>He doesn't know about the afterlife where Jeb Bush is president of Earth for life
It's not that bad.