How important is creativity in being a business owner

just curious

Other urls found in this thread:

gallup.com/poll/190883/half-americans-own-stocks-matching-record-low.aspx
politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/apr/13/rick-santorum/90-american-workers-dont-own-their-own-business-ri/
investopedia.com/terms/e/equity.asp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Property_tax
investopedia.com/articles/basics/03/070303.asp#ixzz4f933iczo
investopedia.com/terms/o/owner-financing.asp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holding_company
irs.gov/taxtopics/tc429.html
marketwatch.com/story/tax-strategies-for-day-traders-2015-02-25
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Creativity is a myth. Most artists work along very restrictive formal guidelines, the notion of spontaneous inspiration revealing genius-novelty is a idea that emerged in the 19th century and has desecrated the arts ever since.
The easiest way to be an artist and therefore creative is to always be researching and practicing your medium.

So, how does this apply to business? It means being constantly informed, questioning current logic. What I'm saying is you can seek novel and original solutions to problems by still using the analytical parts of your mind.
Oh and learning an instrument, a second language, or having a mentally stimulating hobby that introduces you to alien concepts allows a lot of conceptual cross-pollination. Suddenly you start to see how a process used in the toothpaste manufacture can be used in tomato paste manufacture, or road car aerodynamics and the hull of a ferry.

t. fine arts major

idk as some guy that owns a plumbing company

No creativity is required to OWN a business.

If you plan on starting and running a business you need a fair bit. I'd rate it a 38 on the McDonaldson Scale of Creativity Importance in Your Prospective Career, or the MDSCIYPC for short.

How much creativity would you say you have, using the Unified Creativity Metric and Aptitude Test? (what's your UCMAT score?)

someone who buys a penny stock is a "business owner"

so no.

creativity has nothing to do with it.

>someone who buys a penny stock is a "business owner"
said nobody at the IRS ever

>what is capital gain/loss

>what is capital gain/loss
nobody's definition of business ownership

>someone who buys a penny stock is a "business owner"
about 52% of Americans own stocks
about 13% of Americans own businesses

you do the math

>gallup.com/poll/190883/half-americans-own-stocks-matching-record-low.aspx
>politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/apr/13/rick-santorum/90-american-workers-dont-own-their-own-business-ri/

its not math you have a problem with.
its the english language as it pertains to financial proprietary law .

investopedia.com/terms/e/equity.asp

wait, you seriously think anyone with equity in any asset owns a business? How many homeowners are there out there? 64% of americans are now business owners?

>its the english language as it pertains to financial proprietary law
So you're right and the IRS, US Census Bureau, and Gallup Polls are all wrong?

kys you argumentative moron

>buying and selling and offering rental of real estate is not business

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Property_tax

im not sure if you are stupid , or just lonely.

ok, so you're probably both. not a good look for you.

please dont say any more dumb stuff to me.

just go read , or go for a walk .

I think you might be drunk tonight.

like I said:
53% of americans own stocks
64% of americans own houses
13% of americans own businesses.

owning stocks or houses doesn't make you a business owner according to the US government and pretty much everyone else in America.

Investing 101 - Click Here!

Most people realize that owning a stock means buying a percentage of ownership in the company, but many new investors have misconceptions about the benefits and responsibilities of being a shareholder. Many of these misconceptions stem from a lack of understanding of the amount of ownership that each stock represents. For large companies such as IBM (NYSE:IBM) and General Electric (NYSE:GE), one share is merely a drop in the pond. Even if you owned $1 million worth of shares, you'll still be a small potato with very little equity in the actual company. So what does this mean? Let's take a look.

Read more: What Owning A Stock Actually Means investopedia.com/articles/basics/03/070303.asp#ixzz4f933iczo
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

please stop making me re iterate to you the basics of owner ship finance and equity taxation.

>Most people realize that owning a stock means buying a percentage of ownership in the company
Yet the US Census Bureau, IRS, SBA, and Gallup Polls don't consider stock owners to be business owners.

You're shitting yourself in public again.

investopedia.com/terms/o/owner-financing.asp

you are not allowed to bother me anymore.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holding_company

irs.gov/taxtopics/tc429.html

marketwatch.com/story/tax-strategies-for-day-traders-2015-02-25

please stop.
stop your foolishness.

>you are not allowed to bother me anymore.
Isn't it strange how every time I find someone saying stupid and wrong things it's always you?

maybe you should keep your stupid mouth shut and I won't have to prove you wrong every day.

I notice none of your links agrees with you.

every time i post a link it verbosely agrees with me.

you're trolling.
i know you think its funny and anonymous, but ,
you will suffer the consequences of your insubordination and pride.

>every time i post a link it verbosely agrees with me
you'll have to quote me the part that says anyone that buys a stock is a business owner.

I didn't see that in any of them.

>you will suffer the consequences of your insubordination and pride.
undoubtedly

you aren't reading the links with academic comprehension.

I'm not going to continue to hold your hand .
I've guided you in the right direction beyond a shadow of a doubt as far as i am concerned.
Its up to you if you want to continue down the road of deepened understanding of the subject matter.

very generous of you.

I like the name. Will you still keep it after you realize everyone has filtered you?

just asking for academic reasons. Higher math and such.

you believe i, best Friend of the Most High God, would give a second thought to something so petty and meaningless?

The fact that you even have this ignorant consideration for my concern over my priority of affairs shows how much you have to learn yet.

Have you considered getting a trip so nobody throws off the emperor's groove?

but thats the best parts right;)

Look at me I'm a fucking retarded tripfag with ZERO understanding of the concept of something as fucking SIMPLE as business ownership. But please, allow me to lecture you all on stocks, real estate and the legal system.

this board has "id's"
back to >>lgbt
with you.

Here in the Netherlands the term business owner doesn't exist in the legal world. Woah.

And I have a feeling that the same applies to the USA.

>creativity is a myth
tell that to zuckerberg and the rest of the Facebook dev team

>thats the best parts right;)

well cmon then , put it in your mouth.

thread D E R A I L E D

U need to be creative in a saturated field. Finding a niche market will require the least creativity