docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/MonoBehaviour.html
my.mixtape.moe/sufopo.wav
cnblogs.com/pulas/archive/2013/04/02/2994922.html
store.steampowered.com/app/393520/Iconoclasts/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for enginedev.

Do you guys use free audio?

Construct 2 guy here.

Does somebody know how to work letters into high scores, like in old arcade games?

Reminder that your game is trash if it doesn't have at least 3 endings.

My game has the red ending, green ending, and blue ending.

Added a little food counter on the top-left under the life bar to show how much food will be needed when resting to fully refill, or expand, the life bar.

The counter changes depending on what meal is selected to be made, and its value increases as damage is taken, it can be checked at any time by opening the menu.

O shit you're in here? Didn't even know. Followed you on twitter ever since I saw the spider webm on le rebbit.

Okay another shader question here, so texture_coords range from 0..1 so this should color a sprite from black to its full color as a gradient along the x axis, yet it instead colors my entire sprite as black for some reason? Anyone know whats up with this?

Does a segmentation fault count as an ending?

Endings are an outdated hangover from the arcade days

davidrevoy.com/article316/ubuntu-16-04-for-my-digital-painting-workstation

>UPDATE July 2016 : Due to poor stability and outdated Qt to run Krita 3.0 in good condition, I left Ubuntu 16.04 with the Cinnamon desktop to a Manjaro XFCE install for my workstation...

Reposting
Why Unity light cookie does this?

yeah, mp3s are free :)

Pardon me kind user, would you please state the name of your game, a method of contact, and whether or not you have established an LLC?

Is your near clipping plane set to something retarded?

I don't know shit about Manjaro but I can't argue with XFCE, it's the best option for non-tiling.

I make my own audio so I guess it's free

Ya, been here from the start, thanks for following. That some 3d hotline miami?

If your object isn't ready to be used after instantiation, your code is shit.

If you have to call some method like Init() or other garbage manually, your code is beyond shit.

Can I change the color of some parts of the text in a button/label using set_text in Godot?

Game looks sweet, look forward to release whenever that is.

I made that anim for a Hotline Miami animation reel I was planning on doing with a friend, yeah.

Showed it to a friend and now he wants to try making a first person Hotline Miami kinda game so we'll be getting rid of the TF2 arms and changing the anims up to be faster. We already got a prototype going and I'm pretty excited.

youtu.be/b_FjAnKuf1A

(this Glock anim is different than the HM game; the hotline-esque game won't have reloads)

No, it's basically default. Tried to set Near to 0.1 and nothing changed.

You mean like changing the color of one word in a sentence? No. I think the RichTextLabel is the only one where you can do that, it supports BBCode.

Gotcha.

hello friends stay hydrated and warm and make progress
glad to come back to see people not being giant shitters, but i might just be jinxing it

polycode binaries are out lads

Pong
Snake
Super Mario

is this the best progression?

Yeah. You could throw Tetris in there after Snake.

snake to super mario is pretty big. snake to zelda is probably a lot easier, but depending on the language none of this could be necessary

For tutorial projects or what?

In Unity, C#, how can I target/select objects sitting in the background, when I work in 3d perspective and the object targeting/selecting them is not in the centre of the camera?

People say I have to use raycasts for this, but I have no idea how to do this in perspective.

Way ahead of you, user.

-Game Over Screen
-Quit Game from menu
-Win Game Screen

Three deeply satisfying endings.

Why would Zelda be easier? Zelda has jump&run elements just the same, and more elaborated enemy AI. And a big map you can traverse freely, instead of a bunch of levels with linear progression. Overall I think Zelda/Metroid have more features to clone compared to vanilla Mario.

docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/MonoBehaviour.html

Just use OnMouseDown or Enter or whatever kind you need.

>Just use OnMouseDown or Enter
I've already heard about this, but problem is my game is not meant to be played with mouse. It's an arcade game and mainly for controllers/sticks.

my game doesn't even have an ending, those are unnecessary unless it's story based

Oh you're just that troll that I wasted a bunch of posts on helping the other day.

Great job, "you got me".

So you have a game?

fuck unity and the horse it rode in on

>godot claims yet another victim

kek, should've picked the winning side

They bug out when they get snagged by trees, but I like the way the look marching over terrain.

my game isn't meant to be played, it's meant to be experienced

Rate my new shop music: my.mixtape.moe/sufopo.wav

it does if you hex edit the binary so the error says congratulations

is being a furry content creator lucrative

Does that mean you don't support NVIDIA cards?

I'll let you know when the game is released.

what about your comics though

I'll take that as a no

Nice Shogun clone.

The bed thing makes me think of a big brain

Shouldn't this just render 'spr_hud_indulg_cntrl_grad' instead of the original sprite? It just renders 'spr_hud_indulg_cntr' (original sprite) for some reason.

>oop in lua

Player combos progress. The shield blocking still has some "bugs" like when the enemy hits the player before the shield, resulting in the player being struck instead. Should probably do some kind of solution where a shield can block anything coming forward +- 30 degrees instead.

Reminder that if the process you're modeling is Poisson, don't be pulling from a uniform distribution like a retard
cnblogs.com/pulas/archive/2013/04/02/2994922.html

I keep forgetting how to do that if/else replacement or what it's even called
It goes something like this:
bool test = 0 ? x > 0 : 1....;

Is your game exclusively homo shit or does it have futa and or traps? Asking for a friend

ternary operator
bool test = x > 0 ? 0 : 1;

best language, library, IDE to learn data structures?

riiiight, thanks

>Super Mario
No. Tetris is pretty much the perfect capstone beginner project. Super small in scope, yet dense with interesting challenges.

Pretty interesting. Never realized how shitty random looks.

In Unity, I have a cylinder object with a code attached which should make it look towards the camera

transform.LookAt(target);

However it only looks at it by laying down (think of a long cylinder which falls on the ground). How can I make it so that looks at it with its upper side, the top face of the object?

Where can i find a boyfriend capable of programming my game idea for me?

Hey user, the z (blue) axis is what will point towards the given target. You can modify how the object will be rotated around the z-axis by passing in another Vector3 (world-up).

>got my first follower
>many more to come
I'm about to make it agdg

do you have a cute penis?

Large but smooth and feminine

>You can modify how the object will be rotated around the z-axis by passing in another Vector3 (world-up).
And how do I write this? I can't find any real example for this.

Looks too regular, at least they should rotate the grid into the direction they are moving. But how did you implement it? I assume the units just try to keep a fixed x and y distance to the squad leader while avoiding map obstacles?

this

the appealing part of lua is that it doesn't shove that OOP shit down your throat

STOP PROGRESSING ITS NOT FAIR

Units have a set position local to the main player object and they try their best to get back to that position when they get offset by too much. There's no actual pathfinding, which I plan on using when they get off track or lost.

I can't find anywhere how to write this.

I will not give up!

.transform.LookAt(targetPositionVector3, Vector3.up)

Keep in mind, if your cylinders z axis is pointing length wise, then it will point at the target position like a gun parrel (aka - face down).

What you probably want to do is give your 3d cylinder mesh a parent object (GameObject > Create empty, then drag your cylinder onto that empty object).
Now zero the cylinders position, rotation etc. And use the lookAt function on the parent object (instead of the cylinder). Now, rotate the cylinder in the parent, such that it has the correct orientation.

Started doing the ingredients counter for the potion box, showing how many ingredients it will cost to fully refill all spent potions.
Now for the hard part of hooking it up.

Gave the player a double jump, think I'm going to add so that the player can stagger enemies by jumping on their heads.

>targetPositionVector3
This gives me errors. What should I really write there?

store.steampowered.com/app/393520/Iconoclasts/

>1MA project finally has a release date
>look amazing
>built in Construct 1
>enginedevs btfo

Yeah, I figured. In the long run you'll want a more natural look, but that's gonna come automatically if you add speed penalties depending on terrain slope/vegetation/ground. And the more unity you have the more important it becomes to cut down on real pathfinding as long as it can be faked by your squad logic.

>tiny shield
>blocking an 8 foot long club

doubt.jpg

Yeah, plans are to have a decent amount of units so minimizing pathfinding is the pain reason for why I'm faking it using squad logic. Biggest issue I'm having right now is rotation freaks them out to the point they can't get back to their positions.

you should zoom out the view a bit

What is an enginedev?

>enginedevs btfo
enginedevs have been btfo'd for about 20 years now.

Also thanks for the link, I didn't know that game was still alive, I thought it died.

Same for the bunch of pretty successful gamemaker games. Construct is extremely awful though, checked it out a few years ago and the limitations are pure horror if you are able to use "real" programming languages.

>female protagonist with a strong black female ally

lul

Here you go bud

you should zoom out a lot

You jealous?

God I can't wait for net neutrality to get rid of people like you.

>(((sandberg)))

What? Obama started net neutrality but his entire legacy is being torn apart...how will net neutrality get rid of that user?

That's the licecap size, I wanted to record it a bit longer so I made it smaller. Here's the full view

>Biggest issue I'm having right now is rotation freaks them out to the point they can't get back to their positions.

But why? Assuming you have unit and a vector representing its desired position relative to the squad leader it's a trivial task to rotate that vector around the player. Really "simple" vector math, and any decent framework should have tool functions for that already. If you got bugs there, take a step back and start with a simpler case like 1 unit rotating around the player at a fixed distance.

[QUESTION FOR DESIGNER]

1) Items recharge over time
2) Items recharge by collecting pickups (ammo, etc)
3) Both

>??