/mcg/ - Minecraft General - HispANO edition

Previous thread ► 1. WELCOME

We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, building ideas, etc...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds! (penises)
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[ ! ]For 1.10+ Use foamfix and Optifine with terrain animated turned off

► 2. NEWS

[30 jun 2017] Noodlor's Castle Collection is completed! Including a world-download.
> imgur.com/a/NeywO

[14 may 2017] GoG update is finished
> mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228948-grimoire-of-gaia

[02 jan 2017] Asie has been working on asie.pl/foamfix/, which remedies 1.10+ RAM issues,
as well as a few others, github.com/FabricMC, [YouTube] Silent Charset update.

► 3. USEFUL LINKS

/mcg/ General text (use it to contribute news and info for the next thread!)
> public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

Modding Tools & documentation
> mcforge.readthedocs.io
Curse downloader
> github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader
Explaination of how do stuff for newfags
>public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq

Server list (own a server? Please move to the new Serblist.com)
> serblist.com
> docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ (Old)

Ideas & Inspiration
> mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
> elworrier.imgur.com/
> imgur.com/a/JPif9

Castlefag's map
> mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg

This is the last time I make a thread you lazy cunts

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DBpw_8LMoQ0
pastebin.com/RT2fP3A2
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding-java-edition/minecraft-mods/1287599-gotolink-updates-formivores-options-2015-08-01
wired.com/story/mirai-botnet-minecraft-scam-brought-down-the-internet/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Thaumcraft is shit

second for TREEEEEEES

third for minecraft is not a sandbox game

Fourth for it should be

Will 1.13 be the new main modded version to replace 1.7.10? The revamps to the commands and removing the id limit, as well as its stability, make compelling arguments to that end.

I think that would only cause modding to split even more into [1.7.10]-[1.10/1.12]-[1.13-1.14(really likely]. There will be two different meme versions now.

>The revamps to the commands
Relevant to adventure map makers, not modders

>removing the id limit
This hasn't been an issue for years thanks to forge.

8th for bootlegged texturepacks

the new stuff in 1.14 might be worth the update
or a good backport, maybe

talking about that, how's the 4 mobs project moving, anons?

What exactly is going on here? Has it been run through a bunch of filters?

interesting

user from last thread with the shitty computer, I want to try modding now that my game runs half-decently. What are some good mods that improve worldgen? Specifically, more realistic and varied terrain, smoother biome transitions, and fun structures to explore. I'd also like to try some tech mods - where would I start with that? Automating things, increased upgrade capacity for armor/tools/weapons, and better organization/storage solutions are what I'm looking for in particular there. Thirdly, I've always enjoyed making cool buildings, and I'd like to find mods that increase my aesthetic options - more types of wood, more textures, that sort of thing. I saw Chisels & Bits referred to in another thread, and that seems really fun to try out.

Neural Image filers at deepdreamgenerator.
If you use any sort of image editing software, you should probably be able to make yourself a half-decent pack in a day or two.

RTG is the best.

Realistic Terrain Gen with Climate Control.

>deep dream resource pack
Why have I never thought of this? With a bit of cleaning up it could be pretty cool.

We need to make Minecraft great again. Freebuild/PvP servers where diamond ore doesn't exist

>vanillafags

Do it before all the mexican kids become privvy to it and are millionaires off of adfly revenue.

I wonder how it copes with 16x16 packs

Everything was great before Beta 1.9. Diamond armor wasn't so strong, the PvP shit was actually fun. Besides that, who would seriously want ranked communities where people buy themselves all the accomplishments? Vanilla is better, the PvP and the Vanilla community still sucks. There should be Mod servers with actual unmoderated Freebuild and PvP, would be much more fun.

>unmoderated
>I love clientnigger cock

>Besides that, who would seriously want ranked communities where people buy themselves all the accomplishments?
what the fuck does that have to do with mods

>We need to make Minecraft great again
>by doing the worst thing that ever came out of it

Chisels and Bits is only for 1.8+

How is Freebuild the worst thing ever? Are you seriously pissed about other people destroying your base?

Here's an 8x8 pack upscaled to be 32x32. You can always resize it yourself after the program is done.

:(

Mods are the worst thing ever, they don't even do their job. Servers with actual custom mods are the best shit ever, they seemingly don't exist anymore.

Seriously though, completely unmoderated freebuild and PvP only leads to two things.

1) people build as far away from eachother as possible
2) people get the shit they worked for smashed, and quit playing

Either way you end up with a dead and boring server. But I guess you has some fun because you pwnd some noobs or whatever?

(you)

There's little tiles for 1.7.10, remember to check on the files since it's hidden at the main page.

What the fuck are you on about you god damn scatterbrain ESL PvP-obsessed tryhard piece of shit

No, PVP is.
Also, why would I spend hours and hours on someting just to have it blown to bits by a kid? I played on 2b2t for a good while. It was fun as fuck, but not for building shit for the sake of building shit.

How is it performance-wise? Is a house of little tiles going to murder everyone around as hard as a house of forge multiparts?

Just make a custom world border retard. At like x 10000 z 10000

This is why clans exist.

>factionshit

That doesn't solve the problem. It just makes people quit faster, stupid fuck.

Hey buddy I think you've got the wrong door, /r/minecraft is two blocks down from here.
I'm not sure so try it yourself. I really don't think it would be a good idea to make a house out of little tiles though.

You could combine the old /clan plugin with the towny system, but also without the nation shit.

The main problem is armor. You shouldn't be able to raid everything with extremely enchanted diamond armor and x-ray. Modded servers with custom armory would minimize this problem.

>actually liking minecraft """pvp"""

>actually posting dumb """"frogs""""

I said pvp is retarded, but only since the full version came out.

Nah, it has always been shit. It's all clickspamming, xray, and autistic 12 year olds.
Minecraft is better as a building & engineering game with some adventure/exploration thrown in.

>pvp was always shit
How is LARPing as a castle lord in a Sandbox game shit?

>actually responding without linking the post

>actually giving (yous) for free

I liked the old servers back then in Beta more. I could use the glitches to break out of jails, fly with balloons, buy a balkon's machine gun, kill the mods and destroy their house. Very nice

What's the best minimap mod

Hello my edgy 16 year old friend.

Does anybody know anything about server hosting? I'm not sure what specs I need for a small 50 mod server.

>50 mod server
>Small

What kind of fag wouldn't do that

VoxelMap if you don't mind needing LiteLoader, Xaero's Mini/World Map if you do.

Oh cool the new texture pack is out.
Oh god it's awful

depends on the mods. depends on how many players you plan on supporting.

I want someone to build a village inside of a crater. I would do it myself but I don't have a place fit for that.

Why are modders like this

Looks like they really went halfway into CoterieCraft and then stopped before it got too obvious. Some of the changes look nice though, like stone bricks.

Playing Inifnity Evolved. Found a comfy crater with a meteorite in it right next to a coast. I am planning to deepen the hole to the bedrock, then making a huge chasm there and making an underground city.

I don't think PvP works well in this game

Ban both, potions and diamond gear, and pvp will be fine. Add some realistic effects and loot drop and it will be even better.

The only thing that should be banned is talking about >vanilla

or ban PvP and save yourself the carpal tunnel syndrome

I still play vanilla with friends, it's the easiest for inviting people to play on a server and such
plus, I find some mods a big overbearing and railroady with their progressions and stuff

>add Purgatory mechanic where person killed has to do a jumping puzzle or CTM in alt dimension
>if dead player completes puzzle, gets to "haunt" player that killed him for set amount of time as an intangible ghost

ctm?

"Complete the map." Basically a puzzle map you typically complete in Adventure Mode.

Lol anyone remember Adventure Mode?

Clearly you've never used the bow a lot, it actually needs skill and has a lot of potential.
youtube.com/watch?v=DBpw_8LMoQ0

The current meta involves kamikaze ender crystals so you're more right than you realize

Wrong general buddy

Speaking of the Geofront and anime engineering
>always wanted to build some huge facility looking like St. Abbe or the Bashtarle facility from Giant Robo
>have neither the patience to do it nor any idea of what to put in the actual buildings after they are finished
I'm so bad at focusing on these kinds of projects.

I just realised that in 1.14 everyone will be just throwing tridents at each other.

Post more pics, I might give it a shot but I don't promise you anything since dealing with angled walls isn't my strong.

Someone please post In Game screens using the texture pack from Deep Dream. Don't care if its not finished, I just wanna see, looks really cool.

What are some good tech mods for someone who's never played with tech mods before

I think this is actually the best picture I could possibly take of the location, a nice bird's eye view that covers basically all of it. You don't see much more than this before it is blown to bits.
But don't worry about it user, I'm really more expressing my frustration at my own inability to do so, I don't want to give you trouble. I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually.

Any advice?
pastebin.com/RT2fP3A2

What mods other than tinkers have tools with 3x3 mining?

Yep, a real mystery how you posted the entire fucking log instead of just the crashlog

>Time: 12/14/17 8:30 PM
>Description: Rendering item

>java.lang.NullPointerException: Rendering item
> at com.spacechase0.minecraft.biomewand.item.BiomeWandItem.func_82790_a(BiomeWandItem.java:71)
> at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RenderItem.renderItemIntoGUI(RenderItem.java:485)

Does anyone know if Formivore's generators mod was ever updated? I loved the underground cities and cellular automata, but it stopped being updated in like 2011.

I figured that was it, but some asshole would have probably bitched if I didn't post the entire log.

Immersive engineering. The drill.

>Spawn in the ocean near a single grass block
>swim for like 5 minutes
>come upon this ""island""
>still no other land visible
T-thanks RTG

Immersive Engineering or Railcraft+Buildcraft+Industrialcraft2(classic)
Hammerz
I tought I had seen some walled city generators for versions above 1.2.5 but I'm not sure. I'm mad though because I recall in the alpha Notch and other guy outside of Mojang were messing with the code to see what could be done for worldgen and were discussing the possibilities of adding things like cities and other worldgen which of course 7 years later we've got nothing but scraps.

Time for a new survival island series :^)
Found it, looks like GotoLink updated it because it was abandoned.
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding-java-edition/minecraft-mods/1287599-gotolink-updates-formivores-options-2015-08-01

I think it's time for you to become the Ocean man

Thaumcraft.

Part of work on something unrelated to my main project. Should prove to be interesting if to no one else, at least to myself.

is it a mod? or just something you are building?

At least explain what are you doing user.

lol

wired.com/story/mirai-botnet-minecraft-scam-brought-down-the-internet/

Minecraft brought the web to its knees

modpack I'm tinkering with. have the general design worked out but next step is actually putting the starting area together, which I'll build in modules then put them all together.