>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

First for hollows was kangz

3rd for say hit to my weaponfu

hit

brb killing self

>illiterate spearfag
I bet you praise the sun too huh?

Fear not the dark
and let the feast begin
why didn't we get a locust transformation?

Why do I deal almost no damage to Demon Prince?

L O C U S T
O
C
U
S
T

way ahead of you

you should stop hitting them with the torch

DLC2 bosses have bloated defenses, also get rid of that shitty bloodring

>3 rings that increase damage taken

laffin

>3 rings

>the dumb, the stupid and the autist

What

>d'artafag and the three dumbeteers

>caring about being correct makes you an autist

Clean your bloody toolkit

>there are people who believe Gwyns lies

>better teeth care than what we have today

Anyone have any fun build ideas for DaS3?

Why is stat relocation limited?
Come on

does this look like the face of a man with a poor dental plan?

Pretty sure it's a nod to Arthur, like Artorias probably is

be fucking strong
strength weapons are fun
strength weapons are best

We barely even got a dragon transformation

>posting a thumbnail
I've fucked up

why did you have the thumbnail in the first place?

>give us amazingly cool dragon stand powers
>make them utterly shit
>dont buff them like the dark hand

I beat him after removing bloodring, thanks

Anyone playing DS2 right now? Need some drops on Xbone

what the fuck was her problem

>be an abomination
>banished to a cold land
>don’t know who your parents are
>some Chosen Dumbass kills the local population
>interrupts your meditation
Hmm...

too fluffy for her own good

kek, that's more like it

dragons keep sexualizing her

tfw no good dragon covenent

repost

where?

from straight up going back to ash. dragons became mortal with the dawn of fire.

>cyclical world
>cyclical world overriden by sequels
>restored in DLC
are you braindead m8?

hero maybe not, but if its fire or ash ill take fire.

>implying meming matters when the topic at hand is speculation

>dragons became mortal with the dawn of fire.
No. They became mortals when they lost their STONE scales

Refer to the one dragon in ash lake in DS1 they are very much still immortal

Anyone on PS4 to assist in weapon transfers?
You can make copies of the stuff too, or I could give ya what you need.

>if it’s fire or ash I’ll take fire
That’s great if you’re lucky enough not to be born with the dark sign, otherwise you’ll be outcast and thrown into prison where you’ll lose your mind and go hollow.
Unlike the age of darkness, where everyone was hollow and got along fine barring the threat of dragons

>anyone being a threat to anything when LIFE AND DEATH DON'T EXIST
Nah, the dark was always and has always beem chill.

It represents peace and calm, exists as a reminder that in the end no matter what happens, everything is going to be ok

Im currently vgr 70 end 30 vit 62 str 99 dex 20. Should i swap someghing? I want to be tanky. DS2

>its fire or ash ill take fire
you do realise that ash is a derivative of fire, right? ds3 is in the shit it is because of how many people have been burned, filling the world with ash

>going past 50 vig
>sixty two fucking vit
move those extra 20 points from vig to end

Even for DS2 that's a pretty high level, are you running powerstanced smelter hammers or something?

correct me if im wrong, but my understanding of things was that not only did the dragons live forever, but that they also couldnt be killed.

also isnt the one from ash lake actually not a pure ancient dragon?

plus, there are still stone decendants of dragons, we see them in the area with gwyns first born in it.

the age of darkness was a lie, user, never to be. the kindling of the flame at humanitys expense kept everything living for a shit load longer than it otherwise would have.

besides, at this point the flame is clearly causing non-humans to hollow too.

no, ash is the promordial state, as it was in DaS1, as it was in the age of ancients flashback in DaS2

>barring the threat of dragons
Do we even know if the dragons actually did anything? The one we meet just sits around and doesn't even care when you cut its tail off and start swinging it around as a weapon. It seems to me like hollows were unprovoked aggressors who killed the dragons just because they could.

>but that they also couldnt be killed.
They literally could, that's the entire point, they had stone scales that gave them immortality and then Seath told Gwyn and Co that using lightning to take away the scales let them kill the dragons
The dragon in DS1 is immortal, it cannot be killed by anything, dragon immortality did by no means disappear when the Age of Fire began, it's just that most of the dragons were dead by then

>tfw accidentally left DS3 on while doing something and came back with 2 proof of concords kept
Fuck I accidentally became one of those AFK darkmoon fags

>ash is the promordial state
No it's not. The was no ash before fire. If you're referring to ash lake, you should realise that that's the ash from the burned archtrees during the archdragon war. And at any rate, what makes you think an age of dark would be an age of ash, even if said ash was indeed what defined the age of ancients?

I spent two hours actively playing while Dorkmooning, and only got one.
AFK-ing is the only way it seems.

I want to tell you something, /dsg/. I am not the bad guy here, you may not agree with my motives but waifunxggers are what killed this general.

I've been here for years and only now have waifunxggers began to poke out, rearing their ugly heads towards this comfy general.

I am only seeking to better this general so work with me and we can make this a better place, one without waifunxggers shitting up every thread.

>ash is the promordial state
Where on earth are you getting this even, no.

3 tells you multiple times that Ashen ones are people who tried linking the fire and failed and that it takes greater and greater souls to link the fire every time so more and more people fail.
Pygmys are the primordial shape of everything, the things that came from the dark and found the souls of lords before the start of DS1
>once the lord of light banished the dark and all that stemmed from humanity
>and men assumed a fleeting form

>but that they also couldnt be killed.
in a sense they cant, but they can be broken
look at the dragon shields wielded by the ringed knights, they can still breathe fire despite just being a freaking head.
and those are just descendants (but still close enough to still be made of stone)

anyone down for some friede lvl 60 weap +4 PC?
pass: boobs

>+4
This'll be fun. Sign coming down in a minute.

No, im using alvan armor, butcher knife and king shirld. Since i kinda die easily i just put a lot on vgr to have a lot of hp and vit to be faster.

>also isnt the one from ash lake actually not a pure ancient dragon?

>This sword, one of the rare dragon weapons,
>came from the tail of the stone dragon of
>Ash Lake, descendant of the ancient dragons.
Not quite. I don't think anything past the age of fire can qualify as an everlasting dragon since they are infected with life and therefore prone to death. It's interesting that it can't die though, even if it seems to care little about lightning. Unless there's some big secret you can get by spamming SLS on it, then toxic mist then fire tempest

woops forgot its a twinkling weapon, so like +8

gimmy a sec and I'll be there

you don't get born as a human (pygmy) without the dark sign far as i know, that was a universal seal that nobody got away from or rose above
unless you conider 2 any form of canon where there are xtra large humans who are immortal but not quite gods but also don't appear to be affected by undead curse related things

the scales are the specific biological trait of the dragons that granted them mortality. scales = immortal. dragons were not driven to extinction by any stretch of canon you can come up with. as for the several OG dragons that stayed alive, they had the choices of hiding or finding someone to ally with who didnt want them dead as much as gwynn did. gwynn was raciss as fuck and clearly not everyone was licking his boots throughout the ages. the wyverns and drakes that are not primordial dragons are generally tamed and domesticated "animals" that have been bred into submission by the various powers at be, and the remaining OG dragons are very much aware of their lowered status in the world. doesnt mean stupid mortals arent going to keep flocking to them and worshipping them as gods.

this is new
booting my shit and ready to bulli

White sign is down at the bonfire.

How far are you anyway?

40 is the soft cap, there is no real reason to go above it unless you powerstance because just getting your faith up for Sacred Oath + sunlight blade will net you more damage.
Slap on some heavier armor, you can afford it and defense and poise do actually matter, staying low on equip load is important but Alvas is kind of too light for 60+ points of Vit
Get more END, useful stat as it lets you swing your weapon more giving longer stunlock on enemies

>xtra large humans who are immortal but not quite gods
Oh you mean like Artorias? Smaugh? Giant Sentinels? Literally every boss in 3?

As much as you might not want to admit it, 2 is in fact canon, 3 made it canon by taking it's cycles idea and importing some items and characters

thanks dudes

Soul memory 15kk on ng+1

you might be right there m8, well there goes that aspect of the timeline then

youve still to account for the flashback

>makes you think an age of dark would be an age of ash, even if said ash was indeed what defined the age of ancients
C Y C L I C A L W O R L D

>3 tells you multiple times that Ashen ones are people who tried linking the fire
irrelevant

>and that it takes greater and greater souls to link the fire every time so more and more people fail.
ive heard people say this but ive never seen proof

>Pygmys are the primordial shape of everything, the things that came from the dark and found the souls of lords before the start of DS1
>once the lord of light banished the dark and all that stemmed from humanity
>and men assumed a fleeting form
are you seriously confusing the age of ash with the age of dark?

point being, miyazaki was originally shooting for a cyclical world in DaS1. the flashbacks in 2 show an ashen world, as do the cutscenes in DaS1. it seems to me that the world is in a constant state of cycling between prolonged civilisations.

yeah, thats what makes me kind of think that the creatures of the world before fire arent really alive in the sense that soul bearing creatures are, and that basically everything born after fire is warped by fire, as shit that came to be after required souls to live.

yeah, thats basically how i understand the deal with dragons to be. primordial dragons are a different kind of creature to anything borne of an age of souls.

>unless you conider 2 any form of canon
Too bad Ringed city literally made 2 canon fuckboi

done already?

Crow Quills or Ricard's?

Friede got a dragonslayer arrow through her head

m8, literally everything you said there is wrong. plenty of dragons have stone scales and are killable. the "stone" dragon in DaS1 bears no resemblance to the dragons in the cutscenes and the flashback, all true dragons being made entirely of stone.

Pls respond have some shArt.

I'm not on PS4 but here's some amazing art

>miyazaki was originally shooting for a cyclical world in DaS1
No he wasn't he really really really really really really really wasn't.

Cycles were never meant to be a thing until publishers demanded sequels and that's the direction 2 decided to take the series. There is nothing in 1 to indicate that cycles were a thing.
>the flashbacks in 2 show an ashen world
No they don't, the flashbacks in 2 show you Drangleic at it's peak and the one stone covered area with a dragon corpse, no ash.
Crown of the Iron King has ash, but that's because that dude was obsessed burning everything
>cutscnes in 1 show as
No they don't at most they show archtrees burning, which admittedly creates ash but that's not the thin you are talking about.

There is headcanon, then there is being flat out wrong.

>invade in Irithyl dungeon
>he's fighting the Jailers
>take off obscuring ring and switch to Swamp ring, in collusion with my Witch's ring
>one shot host with Vestiges
>his two phantoms just stare blankly at me

Don't you just love it when everything goes according to plan?

Thanks anyway, user.
I did one too.
Made it look like a Sandow Trophy.

>being this butthurt about his DaS1 head cannon

I was so ambivalent about fighting these guys. They were a nice challenge but man did I hate their hitboxes

I'm not even remotely upset, I just don't understand how anyone can misunderstand things so badly.

>artorias
god genetics, not pygmy
>smaugh
god genetics, not pygmy
>every boss in 3
god or irithyllian genetics, not pygmy
>giants
"giants" as is giants, a species that is seperate from humans in literally every fictional lore universe ever

you seem to be thinking that "gods" is not just a general term for large uberhumans with special powers, humans are a seperate species in this game and there arent any human bosses aside from gael

>god genetics
Doesn't take damage from Occult
Not a god
>god genetics
Doesn't take damage from Occult
Not a god

Who are and are not Gods in DS1 is very easy to establish, Gods are things that take bonus damage from Occult, because that's literally what the Occult upgrade path does, it makes gods take bonus damage.
This is not up for debate

since when the fuck was Lothric a God or from Irithyl?

Quills. They have anime throwing daggers afterall.

>god genetics
giant, not god. also, smough
In Arty's case, it could be attributed to him being filled to the brim with abyssgoop

Gods don't have a piece of the dark soul. Friede, Halflight, Gravetender, Gundyr (maybe), Sage, Deacons, Aldrich (formerly and probably)

>There is nothing in 1 to indicate that cycles were a thing.
m8
there is clearly a theme of a world cycling between ages, and the hint that at some point in time the world will return to an age of ancients

youre right about the ash and stone thing though, i was complately misremembering those two scenes. still, thematically it kinda fits somewhat.

i completely forgot that the witches burned the great trees, thus creating ash lake. so when i saw the DLC end it seemed like it all fit quite well together.

>there are people who STILL dont understand that consuming humanity/people makes you bigger in the soulsverse
>Smough is big and "fat"
>evangelists, clerics and so forth
>butcher "ladies" in the depths

souls in general do that m8

the only actual in game examples are giant souls making vendrick xbox huge and people eating excess humanity through cannibalism
Also see: Giant rats from eating corpses

explain the gods then

>there is clearly a theme of a world cycling between ages
U-huh, this is where exactly? Like a concrete example of the word working in cycles from 1

they're just slightly bigger humans? Smough is by far the biggest because of him eating humanity.
>but gwynevere
was an illusion.