Powerful photograph thread

Powerful photograph thread

Other urls found in this thread:

humus.livejournal.com/2186470.html
youtube.com/watch?v=hqMSfT9eI6o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Will we ever again have a war that is so truly good against evil?

Only if the US ever goes against Communist China and North Korea with Russia

FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME

This is photography from film or its real?

It is a real, though staged, Photograph taken at Iwo Jima. Probably the most famous American photograph of WW2.

prospectors ascend the Chilkoot Pass in the Yukon gold rush

I recently saw the film negative of this. It was really like this. Nick Ut added no dodging or burning wahtsoever

I just noticed the hand is still somewhat visible.

Something recognizable as Human amoung the blob makes it so much worse.

These rallies always astound me
And how many of these guys died off in Russia?

Bumpin'

are these supposed to be funny or something?

Read the thread retard

well they're not "powerful" either so i don't see your point in posting them

>they're not "powerful
>50,000 years later
>Finnfags still assblasted

Old unfunny meme

>assuming im Finnish

Why is it so powerful? I recognize it's powerful on a gut level, but I don't understand why it is.

This is incredible, could you imagine seeing that in person.

It is the fulfillment of duty, "winning the day", a "together, we did this" moment. The flag is "we" and what we believe is good and the soldiers are our collective input. "We all worked for this and we succeded".

“Every seven seconds a German soldier dies in Russia. Stalingrad, mass grave"

The shockwave alone from the detonation of the batteries must have been terrible.
The effect on morale as well.
The biggest battleship, japan's symbol of power in the pacific, the guns that would save japan, all of it lost in an explosion that sent the yamato to the bottom of the sea in two halves.

>photo was taken in 1944, the oldest of these 3 is 16
>they were 10-12 in 1939, and theyre still willing to give their lives for a lost cause
>they've done more for their country than any of us in this thread will do for ours
both a curse and a blessing

It was a remake of the original. Which was real

Are you genuinely autistic?

where is this?

Russian soldiers before the battle of Kursk, 1943

are crosses even allowed?

By the communist party? No, of course not.
The people still wore them though.

it's a recreation though. But a very good picture none the less

>soldier below the flag bearer has a watch on each arm
every time

Brrrrrr, spooky.

Not staged. Just misunderstood. The book provides with more details.

Hiroshima before and after

Can anyone help me with this one btw?
The user I originally saved it from claimed it was a Soviet soldier posing with two Germans in Poland, before they became enemies. But some people claimed that the guy isn't a Red Army soldier because they didn't adopt the hat seen here while they were still allies.

Chernobyl vehicle graveyard

Supposedly the mechanism jammed/was destroyed and the gunner wasn't able to exit it before the plane had to make an emergency landing due to enemy fire.

That's a Bulgarian solder, here's more: humus.livejournal.com/2186470.html .

Underrated photo

Had the potential to be powerful if it was taken in higher resolution/the Invasion of Panama was a bloody and drawn out affair (thus making it resonate with the public conscious).

>All that perfectly good military hardware gone to waste

JUST

Like I was actually there

Actually that's an officer

are they Aryan or fremen?

That's a compass, actually.

More current but this Yezidi girl

I swear every time i look at this photo i feel like she is looking at my soul

>Burmese Muslim children sit inside Buddhist concentration camp, Burma

;_:

It's some CNN-tier propaganda shit.

its a screenshot from this video

youtube.com/watch?v=hqMSfT9eI6o

>The New York Times
I was almost right.

Cool. Thanks for the source.

Makes for an awesome shot if nothing else.

Concentration Camps so awful that they let journalists enter them rather than shooting them as trespassers.

buying into good vs evil...oh brother

Dont romanticize child soldiers. Its wrong when they do it in Africa and its certainly wrong when we do it in Europe. Germany should have capitulated before sending boys to war. It extremely stupid and cowardly of the Nazi gov to try to defend Berlin using children and old men. A good leader would have agreed to terms ensuring the safety of his people and tried to save as many lives as possible instead of killing himself and letting the rest of the country carry the shame and deal with the consequences.

Humanity vs. the Islamic State

Hopefully Trump will take the leash off the US Military and deal with them the same way we dealt with the Japs.

The boys in that picture are Polish Armia Krajowa fighters.

These are kids who have spent the majority of their adolescence under German occupation, had their neighbors, cousins, even siblings and parents murdered or simply disappear. They have come to view the German soldier with hatred and contempt. They are ready and willing to kill their tormenters who robbed them of a happy childhood.

You'd have a hard time turning them away.

My bad in assuming they were german then. But my point still stands. There are ways to help the war effort other than fighting.

The picture was likely taken during the Warsaw Uprising so there weren't exactly many things to do other than fight.

I don't get it

See where there is something detached? There -was- a gunner there before the landing gear failed and still had to make a landing.

yes but is there some part of the gunner that's visible? I'm not doubting the story but I can't see

On the topic of child soldiers. Not promoting them of course, but sometimes it's the only thing kids could do. War is hell.
These two boys are 12 and 14 years old, who were killed alongside their 16 year old brother when the Germans surrounded the partisan camp their dad was in. In fact the youngest one was the last to die in the camp. He was hiding up in the trees and once the camp was captured he shot a German officer in the neck and got immediately shot down. Out of the 70 partisans, 69 died in the fighting and the last survivor, unable to kill himself as their last order dictated due to being shot through his hand, was executed a few months later. In the last battle of the Pohorje Batallion they managed to kill 19 and wound 31 soldiers, out of the attacking ~2000.

Some American planes had a ball turret on their underside. In the picture I posted the gunner inside wasn't able to get out of it due to the jam. When the plane was forced to land the turret was torn off, killing the gunner. To make it even more fucked up, the gunner and the rest of the crew were still able to communicate with each other. I've seen some sources claiming the gunner accepted his death and went quietly for the good of the remaining crew, in others it's stated that he was screaming and cursing to the last second.

damn

actually makes me the saddest out of them all desu

fuck saddam hussein