/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

(edition goes here) edition:
slav space thermoodynamics, Stationeers a nu
Previous jej:
The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Corneroids
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>Opus Magnum
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers
>TerraTech

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in CLANGhalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

fromthedepthsgame.com
youtube.com/watch?v=zIQ_AM3bnwo
youtube.com/watch?v=GC_mV1IpjWA
steamcommunity.com/games/544550/announcements/detail/2797163863055701810
pastebin.com/AQ0cewYG
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>fromthedepthsgame.com
Oh, you

DO I BUY STATIONEERS?

No, go get the supply drop from last ded.

no, of course not, why would you even consider it?
you lurk for tommorrow's supply drop

Made autistic spengie into a pattern stamp

Give me keencode so I can overlay it

Is Stationeers egg?

Are you planning on wrapping some presents user?

What, again?

Maybe

Seems that way

Apparently 0.16 released yesterday but why won't my Factorio update?
I tried resarting and all.

you on experimental branch?

come back tomorrow, we'll upload a physician airdrop pack with steam emu and you all better join the serb then since multiplayer works

What's the OP? Is that spengineers?

Tried opening stationeers and it sent me to the steam page.

get sse ffs

Stationeers

go back to last jej and find the google drive link for the emulator

so how are the cliffs on the new factorio terrain gen?
does it add or subtract to the experience?
are there even bridges and tunnels at least?

Is stationeers any good?

ask again later
in 2019

>multiplayer works
Works or "works"

the set prices in this game are hella jewish

patch included stickers so there's some hope of me getting actual racing stripes now
can't wait for the itasha patch

you can connect with the airdropped version with direct IP and every server I joined so far had minimum issues, mostly FPS drops to 20 with more than 10 people on, and there is no way to dispose of stuff

So If I have a fixed forward gun I wan't the broadside angle to be withing the guns azimuth (22.5) right?

No, I'll do that now thanks.

I always just make a rough estimate and if I start running out of shit I start making more of it. It doesn't really hurt to have too much production of something. There's no upkeep on factories, and they stop using power when not in use.

New methods of spaghetti, no bridges or tunnels, but you can blow them up

I figured I should start delving into efficiency, though, so that for example my circuit production doesn't suffer when I start researching something and copper gets funneled into it

You look at the time it takes to produce and the stuff it takes. So example for red science, it makes one every five seconds, or 1/5th pack per second. Green science makes one every six seconds, or 1/6th per second. So to have them both make 1 per second, you need 5 assemblers making red and 6 assemblers making green, avoiding that assemblers only work at speed .75 though. But .75 per second is a good start.

>assemblers only work at speed .75
But since they all work at the same speed, the ratio still stands (as long as they're the same assemblers)

How do you squeeze more cycles out of these constrained puzzles?

From looking at your reagent it seems like it is still not fully utilized, the arms are not drawing from it when delivering the product

>gif
user it's almost 2018

If you don't play the game, it's ok, but let us have our fun

youtube.com/watch?v=zIQ_AM3bnwo

Engineering is about solving problems.

I don't know what I just watched or why I watched the entire thing but he's entertaining I guess.

So can you make like a trash room?
or does dropping lots of things in one room cause lag

I love the shit that comes out of this guy's mouth.
>That is gonna maximize the amount of chooch for our choch
>I do all my thinkin' in my head
>A mouth's a mouth at 3AM, amiright?
>Now because this was enginerded when christ was a cowboy
>This stuff is HIGHLY flammable. Don't ask me how I know that.
>Got shit to do, semen to harvest
>Keep your dick in a vice!

>crossout has its first boss fight

>it's a 'the grinch stole christmas' meme

dod

In FTD is the detection shared across the ship or does my AA A.I. and my maine weapons A.I. need to have it's own detection stuff?

>crossout update has a new car pack
>$40 to get a car that does 10% more damage with any weapon that has limited firing angles
>covers every weapon thats not a full 360 turret or deployable weapon like drones
>LITERALLY pay to win with your 10% damage buff
>devs still say its not P2W because you can buy the cabin with the 10% effect off the market from other players
>cab is selling on the market for like $40

Tell me about neo-skubmade, /egg/

Has anyone played the test versions? What are your impressions so far? Got any screenshots of what you've built?

>Factorio 0.16
>Bobangel's isn't updated yet
>Islands isn't updated yet

I should try out the other modpacks.

>Dyntech is some kind of shitty jrpg
>5Dim changes everything and replaces it with the same thing

So I guess I'm waiting, then.

Anyone know?

It's shared. Maybe there's a benefit to having detection and weapons on the same AI, must test one day.

Opus Magnum saves successful solutions in gif.

You talkin shit about my military design simulator boy?

No, i was thinking about all those retards that'll search for hsg and will end up here in this thread again and will complain about it

>alloy
>on the front

yea well this time they can't bitch to the mods so it's okay
also that's been in the OP since said bitching, how'd you miss it?

I am a brainlet, how do i use the emulator and where do i download the game files if i do not have steam?

The game files were posted as a mega link and a torrent last jej; it's also available on igg.
You use the emulator like you use any crack; paste it in the right directory.
For smart steam emu, you put it where you see you see steam_api.dll and/or steam_api64.dll.

>man I suck at making hulls
>how about I just take a cheap wooden ship and swap all the wood for metal
>what could go wrong?

youtube.com/watch?v=GC_mV1IpjWA

I guess I could always make it a submarine.

Your azimuth should match how far off from 90 degree your broadside angle

>needing the shitty packs of furfaggotry-powered autism
At least try to look for worthwhile mods if you so dislike vanilla

>hurf durf no autims
>said the guy in the autism general

When building boats, try to make your center of mass as low as possible. A high center of mass leads to, well, exactly that. Try adding a keel with some lead inside.

He's affectionately known as Uncle Bumblefuck. Recently his channel has featured a sidekick by name of Dewclaw, which is funny 'cos he's a sparkie. Mad bantz yo.

It's one of the most entertaining channels on Youtube. Plus the guy knows a fair bit about plastics these days, nice seeing the scratch & sniff tests coming off as matter of course in all them tool reviews ("BOLTR"). It's like... a three-phase EEVblog.

swap pink and green for the love of god

It definitely adds to the early spaghetti and forces you a little to make a more bespoke early factory before you're able to blow them up to create a flat expanse for your later big factory.

Which, in my opinion, is exactly perfect.

it actually feels like a shitty mmo
i'm amazed

I haven't played it. I'm not looking forward to it deploying because the forums are aflame about it and Schema seems hell-bent on ignoring them. This might actually be the update that removes its viability as a game.

but from what user wrote here, the change was good, finally some complexity, maybe not great complexity, but at least something

>one enemy gets stuck and won't come down
>can't progress

haha it actually is

>build reactor
>forced to place stabilisers 100,000km away in order for it to actually work
>all weapons and systems consume a zillion times more power than before, forcing you to make a huge reactor and then a very long ship in order to get 100% power out of it
""""complexity"""""

if only autocannons were useful

another day, another Stationeers update
they fixed sound and tooltips
steamcommunity.com/games/544550/announcements/detail/2797163863055701810

at this pace, I really would recomend /egg/ to buy a Dean Hall game. What a time to be ded

I'll test it later. There are explosives so that might help

there's gonna be a new link up soon with the emu already attached

I tested and it works, use SSELauncher.exe and run the game from there. Link up when upload finishes

>would recomend /egg/
>buy
>Dean Hall game
>buy a Dean Hall game
at this pace, you really could tempt us with a Marek Rosa game.
What a time to be ded

How does /egg/ start a new game in Factorio with biters on normal or harder? After setting up my first proper smelters I usually build a tiny spaghetti thing with red/green science and a few necessities while I try to figure out the permanent base.

The early days are nothing, I think even DayZ had active development early on. It's a year or two from now when they haven't added anything meaningful and are starting to abandon the project that you'll regret your purchase.

What are the minimum specs to run it?

before there's a proper smelting array, or any proper science production I set up defences
after that smelting, bullshit production (belts, inserters, splitter etc.)
after that either bus or spag, but the main force behind expansions are bottles
at first I go for 1/s, later I go either for 5/s or 10/s
everything is a permanent base, after I estabilish basic defence, everything before that is probably gonna be torn down (maybe except steam power)

So how do you guys survive early game Factorio without going insane? Do you just install those early start mods or just toughen up till its over with?

buying it saves time on updating and its easier to join a game when you can use steam friends and the server list, but you can host a dedicated without owning the game

I have 16 hours played and still haven't figured out everything, I got my money's worth already but that's just me. I always 100% of the time expect EA games to not be anything else other than what they already are, and I still recommend stationeers

check on the steam page but it isn't much

airdrop is done, this is version 0.1.1027.5176
pastebin.com/AQ0cewYG

>but it's so convenient in this age of constant automation and lack of user control
no thank you
look at stormworks and what happened when it was allowed to autoupdate
>pastebin.com/AQ0cewYG
thanks, you're a good lad, probably won't take up on the offer though

they should do it the way factorio does, with all the versions available to choose from on the betas menu. I really don't mind needing steam but whatever. I have probably torrented dozens of petabytes during my lifetime, I don't mind throwing shekels here and there when I can

early game is quite easy
are you playing with extremly hard biters / evolution rate?
if you mean the tedium, I don't really see it, although bots are one of the first things I go for after getting oil refined
I do need to make a random cost playthrough, since I rely on presolved ideas too much (all mine, but once I found a good layout I'll remember it)

I once pirated a game, because installation disk was in another room.
to be frank, I've been quite moralistic as of late, still torrent fugton, but if I see a worthy dev, I don't have issue with giving them monies, sometimes even throwing extra, because loreal
as always though, never cash out b4 pirating, unless demo, but those aren't always representative

>try to launch 0.16.x factorio
>instantly chugs 3+ gigs of ram
>literally can't launch it anymore because only 8 gigs
what the fug

>Gronch
I see gaijew/targemjew are men of culture

graphics options? i recall some simillar issues when new textures were introduced with 0.15
those might've been graphics vram, not ram, but still

well, I wish I can somehow tune them without turning the game on, because holy fucking shit I want some autism
then again I'm gonna get a nice burst of cash soon to get a new PC, since this scrap heap is around 4 years old, and back then it was made on a tight as fuck budget

>if you mean the tedium,
Yes that. I loathe dealing with burners etc. It's extremely tempting to give myself some stuff through console commands and skip straight to steam power.

Cliffs are fun

>Pirate game
>Mod pirated game
>Game update I really really want
>Buy game for convenience of getting updated mods

Steam's biggest draw is ease of modding, and that works for me. I drop my shekels on games with active devs that I play a bunch, not dead games or ones I put down quickly.

yeah fixed that shit through the config and setting everything to very low
time to see how high I can go and not have my PC explode too much

There's a mod, PeppeBotStart, that starts you with a personal roboport and some construction bots. They're useful to quickly clearcut some trees for fuel and go straight to making plates.

After trying bobangel with single ores producing several minerals, it makes me wonder if anyone has tried to make a tiberium mod for Factorio.
Maybe have it as an ore that causes damage (not to xenos), slowly grows and expands, and based on refinement gives different amounts of materials.
I really just want Factorio C&C Tiberian Sun

Workshop is unironically steam's most effective DRM, but only applies to certain games

Also I swear steamworks multiplayer made everyone on PC soft in the brain
I play a lot of games where you have to connect by IP or use the server browser (Quake 3, jedi knight, UT) and it's always toublesome getting your dumb steam friends to join when "join game" button does nothing

problem is, most games don't implement direct TCP/IP multiplayer anymore, but I agree it was the best of times. What really triggers me is needing a central server on the internet to play LAN.

Most people on the new generation don't even have the need to figure out an IP or how computer networks work, so they never learn.