Eve Online General - /eog/

Permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK for PLEXing?
Training and playing through some 5M SP is actually F2P now (as well as a specific 20M SP for characters already trained). The skills listing is here:
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/clone-states-the-next-steps/

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then find the Career Agents & run all of their missions. They give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Read the (outdated) /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/yr1SsqMm

>Focus Group Logs:
focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Currently:
>EVE Online: Arms Race
>updated F2P

Past:
>EVE Online: Lifeblood:
updates.eveonline.com/date/2017-10-24/
>Alpha ships re-balanced.. minigames, moonmining, refineries, and more!
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid, pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true).

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/JintaanEVE/status/941099676807450625
zkillboard.com/kill/66612059/
zkillboard.com/br/97218/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Logi

random word or phrase

We should nerf JFs so we can promote freighter convoys and make eve online more organic instead of just moving entire corps in hours.

>PLEX

INIT. stole the first komodo BPC drop from darkness

wew

I'd welcome some stupid pointless changes at this point

>pirate caps
>Literally just regular caps with a paint job and more damage or whatever
Fucking art team in charge of not being useless I swear

>pirate ships
>literally just regular ships with a paint job and more damage or whatever
Fucking art team works for the goons

ill give you the paint jobs, but the bonuses are most certainly not just more damage.

i do wish they had unique models.

>capital pilots trying to convince us that extra ehp doesn't matter

>ccp trying to convince us the game isn't dead

>Dread with fighter bay
Balanced

Drone Moros is turning in its grave

>expecting anything else from gurista ships

They should add a pirate carrier, which instead of fighters uses equivalent in light drones

>defanged by a single smartbomb

Role bonus: light drones are immune to smartbombs

they should make capital ships that are balanced

no balance is retarded mmos are about being in a group not solo

Fleet vs. fleet combat doesn't negate balance, particularly when the fleets are primarily composed of a small number of different ships, as they typically are in large doctrine fights. If ship A is objectively better than ship B then everyone, even in fleet fights, is going to gravitate toward ship A and ship B's use will sharply decline to nothingness, as there is no point to flying it when you could fly ship A instead.

>15% OFF OMEGA TIME
>15% OFF PLEX PACKAGES
Alright, so... what happened to that 50% off special you guys always bring up
>Offer expires 18th Dec
And this is probably the final special, since people that buy now would be pissed off if they do some better offer a week afterward.

Jesus ccp what the fuck
Guess I'm not resubbing after all
I bet it's that new mmo theyre jewing

Jewery 301: react to market
(a) if tonsa people buy shit during this 15% sale then they already got big bucks and all they need to do (read: will do) is to extend the sale for maximum profit and customer satisfaction
(b) if most people hold back during the initial 15% sale expecting a bigger one, then give them a bigger sale; the people that blew their load early are spendthrifts, can afford it, and won't feel ripped off; in fact those people will probably spend again if you give them a bigger sale back to back

It's down to players, just like every year.

Anti-Semitism of any form in our Corp is a no no.
>kicked

Omen

Ok then lets make every capital an archon and thanatos. In fact lets just remove all capitals and make one.(sarcasm)

>not nidhoggur

>Goons: x up for jewing fleet
>PL: get in fleet faggots
>TEST: fleet's up, we gotta nigger the citadel
/pol/sters are a fucken drag

PL so insecure they won't undock unless on a super/titan or T3 cruiser.

>nigger
>faggot
>/pol/

that shit's been around forever, you oversensitive baby

>giving reddit alliances attention

>tfw you're in a literal reddit corp because your friend invited you and you wanted to into null

it's not as bad as I thought it would be

null sucks

better than LS and WH and sure as fuck better than HS

Oneiros

>grr reddit
Grow up. It's just another website filled with people of varying beliefs and opinions, just like here. To demonize an entire website which hosts millions of users from all across the spectrum is retarded.

People hate reddit because it's for fake people to kiss ass to try to seem important. People like that are the reason there is so much wealth inequality in the nation.

*downvotes*

The upvote/downvote system is, truthfully, the one issue I do have with the site, as it allows users to stifle dissenting opinions, which tends to turn individual subreddits into echo chambers, however I hardly feel that is a good enough reason to demonize anyone who uses it and refuse to interact with them.

>the one issue
>website is based around it

One can interact with the website without interacting with the votes system simply by sorting by new instead of popular. One can still read its content without attempting to propel a post you agree with or disagree with to the top or bottom of the popular page.

>Augoror

>Training a bomber character, still got 40 days left of training plus or minus a skill you forgot about
>So sick of ratting you don't want to touch it now.
>Have no connection with your corp and nobody would miss you if you left that second.

What do you do when the only thing keeping you in the game is a thing you may or may not like doing 40 days from now and everything else is tedium? I cannot rat anymore, i'd rather just go to bed and sleep than spend another 20 minutes on it.

go get frags like a mad cunt.

fly ships, do some pvp for once. spend that isk you ratted for. it's okay to lose ships

You would have more fun flying T1 frigates in faction warfare zones than you'll ever have flying a solo bomber.

"fun"

>here, user's still memeing in his journey of realizing that defining fun actually exists

>FC trades you a cap guardian

What are you dreaming about?

What's the plural of Oneiros?

oneiroses

oneiruse

Nothing to see here.

I'd like to see these numbers compared to the average number of pilots within those regions. Is the dominance of goons in these areas simply due to their greater numbers or is it also particularly higher per capita, suggesting they do so more efficiently?

is there an excavators lost by region graph?

I'd be willing to put money down on it being the latter. They have such an extensive network of caps that they can more safely field Rorqs and ratting caps than others, so while other regions might have a higher percentage of their miners in barges and their ratters in VNIs, I bet Delve has an inverse, particularly because everyone knows they're the krabbing alliance so they put their krabbing alts there.

Hi, I just apped to all-out, could someone log in and accept me?

Speaking of applying to all out
What's their voice chat method and is it required? I'm ashamed of my nasally kiddie voice

if you don't use voice chat you can't play eve

Fuck you I can join horde just like my krabbing alt

joining horde is not an accomplishment

Well /dog/? Do you step onto the platform??

You have the biggest alliance in the game squeezed in one region. Compare it to drone regions that are fuckhuge. Querious it's a meme, doesn't count.

>discord

twitter.com/JintaanEVE/status/941099676807450625

>corpmate orca mines for a few weeks
>orca gets ganked
>gets a rorq as replacement from all the previous mining
>rorq gets ganked
>tries to save up for an orca by barge mining
>barge gets ganked
>gets frustrated and buy$ plex to sell for isk
>rorq ganked
>check his history
>nothing but orca and rorq losses

>dumb people lose money
Yes, hmm?

The fact that you know better, and that you associate with people like that, makes you a bigger cuck than him.

I've been playing solo for a few years now

Should I join a corp?

no

>mfw multibox barge fleet in dronelands mining the equivalent of 4 rorqs
cheap ships, low risk. Join Dronelands today! Unless you want to rorq mine, nobody's going to form up to save anybody.

zkillboard.com/kill/66612059/

>'stratop going out guys, go dock up or you'll die like a bitch'
>send out like six more fucking pings telling people to get safe
>zkillboard.com/br/97218/

>200 accelerators in cargo

>corp logo is a big fucking eye
but can rorqs see why dreads love the taste of cinnamon toast jews?

Chisa May, never forget

>ping goes for stratop
>motd in chat changed to FLEET AWAY, NOBODY GONNA HELP, GET SAFE
>tell lthe same shit in local
>10 minutes later someone loses his 2b ratting rattle
>wtf guys why did nobody help me :((
I love being in goons. The retards are great buffer.

?

Nobody cares about how gay you sound, we already have the australian with a lisp.
Also we use teamspeak.

These people talking about '2 locals' don't seem to realise there's such a thing a constellation and regional chat channels. change Nullsec local from system to constellation to improve the problems with intel and all that shit. It'd also create the illusion that null is less sparsely populated; if you can see 5-20 pilots in 'local' constellation the place would actually appear populated.

If you aren't active in a corp why on earth are you training for a bomber?
Sick solo bomber gameplay?

>xhe is so dumb that he only flies bomber in blobs

Most of the difference is in the first
Some of it is is the safety of the region as well allowing more people to rorqual mine (especially this) or super capital rat.

You can change the boards listing in such a way that'll show up posts with lots of both votes. hit the 'controversial' button, it can sometimes be more interesting that way.
I wouldn't be surprised if you can view them from the bottom up, too, but who'd actually do that? You'd
figuratively be browsing through shit until you find that one, subversive, gem.

Sorting by new or controversial doesn't actually fix the fundamental issue, which is that even if you do it most people don't. This is in turn guides the discussion around personalities, memes and sometimes just based on random chance.
You can make an insightful comment and get no replies because the thread is old enough that new posts don't show up anymore or someone internet famous comes and drops a "lol" which buries your comment. Not to mention that the whole commenting system is not designed to handle talking back and forth, it's literally just comments to the OP

It still does pretty good job in some areas but it's just not a good discussion platform

>Sorting by new or controversial doesn't actually fix the fundamental issue, which is that even if you do it most people don't.
There will always be people in their echo chambers and other people only interested in the personalities. Sure, the medium allows for that to a great extent but there are other options, as always. Create the subculture you're looking for; make it and they will come, and all that. You can't be the only one hoping for something better, right?

not to detract from the topic but it's kinda funny how you appear to prefer this place despite the exact thing happening here, too. Pic related.

Yes but it doesn't help when the system automatically favors certain posts over others.

Would you stick to this thread if it automatically showed you 10 latest /dog/ posts as newest post so you would always have to scroll to find the real new post?
Dogposter can dogpost all he likes but it doesn't give any inherent advantage here.

>all those goon rorqs

>maller
>cap
>mfw

>smart bombing proteus on gate

I've come back recently, why the fuck do Titans have aoe doomsdays again? Didn't they remove them because they were too powerful for how many titans were now in the game?

because the capital ship focus group, tasked with coming up with ways to fix capital ships, were all capital pilots

t. bosoned autist

>be mage
>spam mana inefficient fireballs
>"what the fuck I've ran out of mana!"
>"healers give me mana you dimwits."
>

Just run deadspace cap modules