>Guide to the Witcher Books
reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/3qm8p9/

>Old

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/rbwesppr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is a Gwent thread.

Geralt and Triss OTP

I can't believe I actually have a tab open just for staying logged into Twitch and watching a stream while I do whatever else just for Twitch drops..

God I hate streamer culture.

same, who's a reliable burger streamer that i can leech during the night?
>Forcing people to use bandwith on streams the day NN is repealled
sasuga CDPR

Twitch drops don't work if you use Streamlink. RIP

In reference to my question last thread, you can actually talk your way past the guards at Whoreson's. You still end up fighting them inside the house, though. Basically, if you did Gangs of Novigrad already and went around with Carver's dwarves, you can't bluff your way in (and you miss the Feline schematic AFAIK) but if you haven't done Gangs, you fail that quest by progressing Get Junior. So you have to do Gangs in a half-assed way and not work with the dwarves.

Not sure if it's intentional complexity or just ineptitude in quest design.

What a couple...

a

s

Gwent art? GWENT ART!?

Does the Temerian armor set scale like the Nilfgaardian one?

Just change the name to /gwt/ and drop the Witcher, it is clear this is not /wtc/ anymore.

why do people keep typing "!drops" on twitch? I thought it doesn't do anything.

Desperation
Memes

Here's your (You), don't spend it all in one place

>cdprojektred_chatbot: Psst! You just received the "Keen Observer" player title for watching 5 hours of GWENT on Twitch!
Yay...

strawpoll.com/rbwesppr
strawpoll.com/rbwesppr

Posting the poll again since its a new thread. Will probably be making the next poll tomorrow.

Yep all anyone talks about gwent now, barely any Witcher series talk and half the time if your not talking about gwent they'll chimp out at you

If anything, this is turning into some kind of nu-/hsg/ as basically over half of the posters are some kids who wanted to play some different card game aside of HS. And HS players with Witcher players is not really working...

I think you are right, it's probably why this place has gotten so hostile in the past few months

I really prefer Triss with the hair from her alternate outfit

But you have no handlebars then, user!
gfycat /CraftySpotlessFugu

I can't get this gif to work for some reason

Huh? The waifu wars are way worse than anything Gwent people post.

Waifu wars barely happened anymore. It was basically Cirifags and Trissfags living in harmony

Waifu Wars were all in good fun though. I don't think there is a single waifu I actively hate, or even dislike

What waifu wars... When was the last time the Witcher general (one which /gwt/ joined) has had an OP from the Witcher games?

One or two months ago? It's really shameless how this general was basically stolen and ruined by /gwt/.

I think Mithranor and Pumpkin are the late night american streamers.

So has anyone even gotten a Twitch drop for Gwent yet? This seems quite a bit worse than even TESL's current heavily-nerfed drops rate. I've not only not gotten any drops after something like 10 hours, I haven't even gotten my meteorite powder from linking my account in the first place. They got a hell of a bump in viewers but I wonder if they're going to tank all of them when nothing ever comes of the drops.

Is it normal for people to have only jumped onot Witcher with 3? Everywhere I read, I see a lot of people say they've only played 3, or that they love 3 and never played much of the others, etc.

I'm over here almost to Chapter 3 in Witcher 1, and this is really good. Why the fuck would people skip this or the second? Is it just that whole marketing thing where people just picked up 3 because of how well marketed it was, not really giving a shit?

This

Was in a stream all day(12ish hours), didn't get anything. That's supposedly 24 windows where you could get a drop, so the rate is very low.

Received title and 50 powder. I'd rather have 3 kegs though.
Did not check if 50 powder actually added to my account, but I actually received initial 100 powder for linking twitch.

I just can't get myself into TW1. It just feels clunky as shit. The second one is much more playable.

And how many hours did that take? 24?

Some people just seem very intolerant to classical gameplay systems. But as for people not playing W2, I just simply don't understand. Maybe they quit before giving it a chance, it is a bit of a slow starter

I got 50 powder after like 7 hours.
Just keep a muted stream and forget about it.

Honestly I really liked the first Witcher, but I really could go for a full remake in the style of the Witcher 3. It would look SO GOOD and people would have no more reason to complain about the combat. Plus the upgraded waifus would be a joy to behold

I did my part
>That gif
Moar?

Been idling for ~20 hours now. Got 50 powder twice.

Beautiful

Excellent pictures, are these yours? Post some of B&W.

Yeah, thanks. I haven't got there yet. I'll take plenty when I get there.

Guys I just noticed that twitch autopauses a muted channel if you switch tabs. Does this mean I can't idle a stream in separate tab if I muted it?

It doesn't do that.

It does for me. When I get back to twitch tab I can clearly see that it's unpausing the stream. It seems that opening in a new window fixed this problem for me.

Fastest deck to climb?
I ignored ranked til now, and it seems that the patch is almost here.
Wanna make it to rank 14-15 at least, but playing only ~6 games a day.
Foltest 26 looks like the best deck atm

>Psst! You just received the "Keen Observer" player title for watching 5 hours of GWENT on Twitch! You'll be able to select it from the "Trinkets" menu the next time you log into the game. For more information about GWENT Twitch drops, go to playgwent.com/
I think this fucking bullshit works with the phone app, but i'm not entirely sure about that

I noticed that too, ended up doing the same thing. I assume it must've been doing that to me because otherwise I would've been idling for 10+ hours now and I hadn't gotten the 5 hour title yet.

Fuck. You just made me check, and it does in fact do that for me too. Thanks for the heads up.

didn't happen to me yesterday. i didn't get anything after 12 fucking hours though

It seems minimizing pauses it as well. I can't tell if not minimizing it still works as I'm playing a game at the same time, by the time I tab out to check it would have unpaused. I don't really want to run windowed mode.

I was wrong (for once), it does pause the stream. The big question is whether this causes Twitch drops not to appear.

Opening the stream does not fix the issue for me, I use Firefox.

Opening the stream in a new window*

how do you know it pauses? for me it didn't

It pauses if it's muted and minimised.

and if it's muted and not minimized? i just kept browsing on different tabs and when i went back it was still running

i got the 5hour achievement

We just have to watch the tournament final this weekend while logged in to get the card right?
I won't have my computer then, if i do it with the twitch app on my phone it should work?

Nobody is sure yet. Tomorrow I'll check it out and see if the mobile app works and I'll let you know. Or you can just test it out right now if you want.

So I looked it up and found an Elder Scrolls thread from 4 months ago claiming that Chat Only mode on Mobile actually works. Whether this has since been changed, I haven't been able to find anything saying it has, so. Worth a shot.

Ok what the fuck is the drop rate on this shit? I've been "watching" gwent streams for more than 24 hours at this point and I didn't get a single keg yet.

If you're "watching" in a different tab and it's muted, if you switch to a different tab or minimize the window, it pauses the stream and doesn't count. Trying to figure out what does count, I'm trying to mobile method but using Audio Only mode.

because you need to fuck off with this bullshit, just play the game

I am playing the game. I get ~3 kegs a day from playing. I want to get as much as possible though.

I am watching in a different browser window and it works because I got 100 powder. I am not saying that I didn't get anything at all it's just that I don't need that powder I want me kegs.

Then don't be an autistic fuck

powder is more valuable desu

Not with a 109 card patch right around the corner. In the long run, for sure.

I really don't care about movie cards though. I just want to have full collection.
Is wanting to get more kegs a bad thing?

the majority of the new cards aren't worth it. at least a third of the new cards are keg filler

I really dislike this forced viewership growth. It's clear that people are just fobbing off the most popular streamer(s) in the current moment rather than actually engaging with their content, and I don't think anyone is going to be happy when viewer numbers tank after this system is exposed for not being worth anyone's time and "effort".

>Is wanting to get more kegs a bad thing?
For now, yes

It depends. If for instance "moonlight" archetype turns out to be decent I'll have to get most if the monster bronzes from that expansion. Which is not easy at all. You only get 1 rare from a pack. You will get tons of packs that don't even contain new cards. I don't think I will have even 1/3 of that expansion with 110 kegs of mine.

> you only get 1 rare from a pack

this isn't true, you get 1 guaranteed rare or above. rares aren't even actually rare

I rarely if ever get 2 rares in a pack. And they are almost always a duplicate as you don't get to chose from 3.

Last time they gave us 20 new cards I saved something like 40 kegs. I didn't get even half of the new bronzes and 0 golds. I opened 20 more kegs before starting saving for this expansion and I still got 0 golds from those but "most" bronzes. I have no idea how many kegs I will need to get all of the new cards. Probably 300-400 at least.

You just got unlucky, after 40 kegs i had a fuckton of uncommon/silvers and 4 golds i didnt open the remainder 45 kegs

I have 5k scraps and no deck to play. Can someone recommend me one to build/copy?

wait for the patch

You don't have to stay at the rank to get the seasonal rewards right? It's enough to reach it once during the season?

yes

Yes.

Yes. The only exception are rewards for 1-1000.

Vivienne is the sexiest girl in all the Witcher series.
Its a shame theres a lack of good Vivienne art.

Don't suppose those Slavs mentioned when the patch is coming whilst they were destroying every Gwent twitch chat?

95% sure that it's 18-29th december

>29th
fuck, i meant 20th

Does anyone know the location of the challenger? that castle looks pretty ncie.

Moszna Castle, moszna apparently means ballsack in polish, kek
can anyone explain this stuff to me? I know that you can rent that castle, but isn't replacing those glass-stained windows an overkill? the place is a historical building after all
or can you just put the original ones back with ease? I'm clueless

Wish there were moments like this in the Witcher 3, just Geralt and friends hanging out