/xgg/ - Xenogames General #34

Previous Thread: ========== Xenoblade 2 ==========

>Link to official JP twitter:
twitter.com/xenobladejp?lang=en

>XB2 Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Ygax_f4e5a8

>XB2 Direct with world & gameplay explanations
youtube.com/watch?v=0Hb0KmH2WBQ

>XB2 Story trailer (medium spoilers, at your own risk)
youtube.com/watch?v=DOQ9q4HDb0U

>XB2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XB game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/MRMxvWHH

>XB2 Blade, Combat and Quests FAQ
pastebin.com/yvMbe5rW

>XB2 Blade combo elemental chart
imgur.com/a/OiBPb

>XB2 Info Doc. Please help contribute to it.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EG0UpsgjhISr6_isiUpiWMU9qcXj6t8wWB0_LAiH1yE/edit#gid=0

========== Xenoblade X ==========

>XBX Links pastebin (faq, docs etc)
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY

==============================

Please mark your spoilers properly, anons.
If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NsxMQkh7YS0?t=264
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I will strip you of your dignity.

Repostan in hopes someone will archive these.

Whoops. Meant as the last one.
It's late. Goodnight, /xgg/

>Brog eats a unique monster I haven't fought yet.
What the fuck. Now I have to restart to get the full amount of drops from that giant fish.

How is that even possible?

Is that all you'll strip adenine?

CLAP CLAP

Dinner date ended with Tatsu. Now Tora is my lunch.

In Uraya? You let that big level 40 fish get near a Brog that got hurt in the cross fire? Or is this the level 27 one in Cooly Lake? What the hell.

NEVER AGAIN

Can I get all Poppi mods on tiger tiger stage 1 or do I have to go to the later stages for a better chance to get V tier mods.

It was in the Leftherian Archipelago, I was fight the brog with the Unquie just chilling near it, brog waddles over to it and it vanishes. I then find its tombstone.

why Ai such a slut?

>accidentally deleted 100 some hr save
Fuck me

>it's a "bird enemies arranged in ways that make them look like they're doing things" episode
The Abandoned Factory bit where you fight an angry boss Tirkin telling off his two underling Tirkins is rivaled only by the Saltats involved in a dark magic summoning ritual in terms of environmental storytelling. Takahashi is truly a genius in telling a story without saying a word.

What stage and for what purpose?

Probably the first stage, since it's the easiest. I did it as well, just to prove that I could. Fuck that red shark at the bottom. God it requires such precision

What's that last medal?

Stage 1. You'd have to be fucking insane to try doing that on any other stage.

No kill.

oh architect

Im at the final boss. WTF DO I DO TO SURVIVE PROMETHEUS?!

I was so close to winning!

Stage 2 is possible and depending on layout, might be easier in some ways. But fucking hell, the red shark is in the middle instead of the bottom. Going past that fucking douche twice is not my idea of a good time.

This is actual fucking heresy I have spent over 70 hrs and fucking who knows how many crystals just trying to get KOS-MOS this is absolutely absurd.

>for what purpose
One of Poppi (a) last affinity slots requires you get 50k or higher on Tiger Tiger. I think its Emergency Mode.

You don't. You interrupt him with a chain attack, blow all your orbs and he dies from half health when he starts summoning all his little fuck buddies.

Yeah, but you can just get a perfect on a stage for that, don't need the secret no kill medal.

>someone out there is trying to do a perfect run of stage 4 and 5

Tora can survive it with Grin and Bear It, but even then the boss just uses Siren Buster anyway.

Why did they get another artist for this game? Klaus and Galea looks pretty good in this game so why?

stack orbs and bust them with giga waifu mode.

>Poppi have no Skill Cores that increas launch duration or smash damage
Why?
Also where are all the manuals? How many are outside strage 5?

Spoiler question inbound
I've seen some screens of people using both Pyra and Nia at the same time, what's that all about and how do I do it?

What improvements would you like to see if XCX were to receive an enhanced version?
>menu UI completely redone
>separate inputs for skell jump and skell flight
>make the area themes continue from where they left off after you interrupt the skell flight theme, not back to the very beginning of the track
>fix shooting and aggroing enemies through certain walls
>make items obtained from squad missions available offline or from other mob drops
>add a proper epilogue episode expanding on the ending

is first art aux core only work on your lead blade? or can you switch to roc with smash mid battle and he will get the first art bonus?

In chapter 9, you get the ability to do a special level 4 ability. It's actually needed to max out Nia's affinity chart as well. Get both Nia and Pyra/Mythra to max affinity and then use level 4 with either of them and you will dual wield them.

you can give tora accessories for duration and damage. and the manual locations are on the doc.

How long is cooldown for super pyra? I can get through the first phase fine and second phase I use her to knock him down to 1/5 hp but then he spams supers while I try to kill his robot ads.

Help!

character models to not look like ass

Is it better to use Nia as a party member or as a blade? I'd love to use Rex, Morag, and Zeke as my main party but I don't know if I have the right blades for it

"Increases Blade Combo Damage by X%" Only increases damage of the big burst of damage on third stage of blade combo? because the rest if blade special damage right

There is no cooldown, you can only use it once per battle. Just use it to put on one or two more orbs when the boss hits 1/3 health or so, then start the chain attack. The two phases do count as separate battles for super Pyra.

Dammit Poppi. Why did you have to look so sexy? I bet Poppi, in an attempt to become 'real blade', will ask Tora to remodel her with a functioning reproductive system.

Probably party member. She's fun as a blade, but Rex as a healer isn't nearly as effective and once everyone has crit restore it matters little anyway. You just load up on DPS and then go to town.

Assuming you mean quality of life features rather than new content;
>revamped party member system. You can travel with extra party members. For instance, on a story mission you could have Gwin, Irina and Doug in your slots and Elma/Lin as 'backup'.
>can organize party members on FrontierNav
>better music transitions
>option for lyricless versions of songs to play
>more audio/ui options
>revamped party member stats/loadouts to make them actually useful
>enemies now take up space so you can't run through them
New content?
>A new continent. Personally I think the White Whale ruins (done in a Xenogears 'tower of babel'/spaceship planted into the ground sticking out) would be a good place for more content
>Additional party members from alien species, a better spread of weapons on party members
>Revamp face models/shaders
>proper multiplayer stuff
>proper epilogue
>can build up NLA to have facilities, these house optional features like concept art viewer art gallery, theater mode with dress-up/recasting options in a cinema, a playhouse where you can redo key plot events etc

It effects ALL blade combos. So if you use her for Blowout, or any other level 2 special, it increases damage by a lot. Just watched a youtuber get 38k off a level 2 with her at level 27. Oh and level 4 special carries the properties of ALL specials. So you can hit crazy damage against a Toppled enemy since it accounts for Prominence Revolt.

Don't use her right away. You should build up two orbs with everyone else, which should be pretty easy. Then you should activate her and build up two more orbs and then chain attack. Full burst with her active will kill him from half health, always.

I thought the blade combo burst only happens when you finish it, all other damage is blade special %

>quest gives you four different quests
>have to track them one after another
fucking japs why can't they into proper quests management

So to farm gold chips, I just load up on pentagram chips and go ham on those flying bastards in Temperantia?

Nope. Each 'stage' has a burst and Blade Combo Damage accounts for that. Prominence Revolt hit for 7k and then there is the burst after, which hit for 38k on top of that. Don't tell me you never noticed? Like Cold snap's icicles? Gaia Impact's stalagmights . Those aren't just there to look cool.

What roll is praxis? Also ether or physical?

I'm finally fucking free I have been released from my eternal suffering

Does Resurrection Symbol actually work for anyone else? I activated Chain attack twice in one battle and neither times revived the Driver.

wow the game actually does tell you what field skills you need

I also realized that WAY to late.

And it's a pain in the ass to look at them if they're near something else on the map. I think the patch is supposed to address that.

Do higher levels of tiger tiger reward you with higher grade parts? say an aggro V instead of an aggro I or aggro II? or could I just play stage 1 forever?

finished the game yesterday, so I avoided all threads because of spoilers

is Nia blade form overpowerd? it was nearly impossible to die using this blade

and did I miss anything? nearly at the beginning of the game Malos was talking about Rex eyes but wouldn't tell him.
what did he mean?

also, did Amalthus save baby Rex or was it just a random baby?

is it implied that the third 'aegis' is Alvis?

just turn the filters off for whatevers in the way

Does strength or ether influence blade attacks?
Or both? Or none?

Nia is zero help to anything that does enough damage to kill you in one shot, which is the only form of threat the game has, so no.

Yes, but that's the issue. The map is annoying to use. Hopefully that's what they meant when they said they were going to make things easier to look at or whatever the words were.

Yes, higher stages gives better stuff.
But not higher ether.
Do lower stages perfectly for ether grinding and stage 5 for item grinding.

Who's you're favourite guest Blade design? I hate Kora and Vess.

I think the implication is more that it was Mikhail or otherwise a baby that was part of the experimentation. Rex's parents brought him to the village. The third aegis might be Alvis depending on nature of the spacetime distortion. It could be that the new universe didn't start passing time until Alvis showed up and made it, like the big bang. If he wasn't Ontos, he was an AI even above that, running everything.

No actually, they don't,
Once you unlock level 5, all loot gets updated.
From what I've noticed every stage has a pool of rewards, and once you unlock level 5 every reward goes to the maximum possible level on the stage you can find it in.
Thing is level 5 gives the best role mods and dark/light cores.

Where the hell are Spirit Lexos in the world tree?

ah so its not the level of the parts by the type of parts

Yeah, for example you can't find a wind core in level 5, you can only find that in stage 2 or 3 or something. And you can't find front damage up in any stage but 5, and back damage up in any stage but 1 iirc.

here is the part with the eyes
anyone knows?

youtu.be/NsxMQkh7YS0?t=264

Are there any good resources with this stuff written down of what is found on each level?

A red herring! According to the art book Rex resembles Addam, but that could just be artist sameface and wouldn't be specific to the eyes, and nothing comes of it. You can just read it as a certain look of determination.

I couldn't find anything, I may actually try to compile something myself but the big chest modules are a big random factor.
I've found some incredible shit in stage 5 like heal the whole team on art or all damage up 50%.
Once I get a muscle mod X for qtpi I'll start doing statistics.

He saw the shonen MC determination in his eyes.

ok, thanks user
just thought I missed something important along the way

good luck. If you end up doing it try to get it in the general info in these threads.

why don't you just make the parts instead of trying to roll them?

I will definitely, good thing I actually enjoy playing tiger tiger.
You can't create some parts, like all the X/master mods and dark/light cores.

I should have taken my time with this game instead of binging it... now I have nothing left to do except wait for the NG+ mode and hope it doesn't suck. Damnit, this sucks.

pardon me, you can make dark cores. but you find a ton in stage 5.

41 days until MHW

Just at the end credits. Holy fuck what a ride! 10/10.

RIP Homura and Hikari.

you don't need to max out both their affinity charts. I was able to use it with neither maxed. It was probably referring to affinity in battle.

No, Rex's parents made it to Leftheria before keeling over. The kid that Amalthus saved lost their parents inside the house

I believe they're flying around outside

Waiting for the imminent second post from you.

Is that like the previous one where you basically just load an instance and find the boss, kill it, repeat? I need big worlds and exploration if I'm going to grind. The previous ones weren't enough for me and I felt like I was wasting time.

Remember that filler crap with the kids and Roc? The part where you have to track footprints? The quest was a diverging quest or whatever it's called, you can either track the footprints yourself or ask the guy to help you out, but what changes exactly? Are there any other quests like this?

As in quests with more than one solution? Yes, there are a few. Every game has had a few.

i mean the maps are seamless now (no loading between zones) but it's Monster Hunter, the goal is to hunt a monster, I don't see it ever going full open world.

Anyone know where to get Space Cardoon and Digging sandflies? Add in panda pansy and propeller poppy too- I need to farm for vali's damn weaving quest

I'd have to be really bored but maybe. Killing the same guy a hundred times for gear without a story to progress with seems like it'd get old.

Oh it's those flying fish things. Thanks

Quick question to anyone else lifelessly opening cores for shit that's never gonna happen: Has anyone made a note of how often 4-Star Commons occur from Legendaries, or if 4-Star Commons can even come from Rare/Common cores. I only ask because I've done some farming to get 400+ Luck on my openers and noticed a major increase in 3-star Blades, even from common cores. To me, that signifies that 4-Stars should be possible from any core, but have only heard that they come from Legendary Cores. Can anyone confirm/deny, and if there's a possible Luck threshold to nearly guarantee 4-Star Common from Legenaries?

Somebody said they got one from a rare core, considering you can get unique/rare blades from common cores it's likely you can also get 4 crowned common blades from them.

Oh wow. Rex is a lucky bastard!

My screen is black after saving. Is that normal or did it crash?

Can we all agree that Poppi was the best character and whoever voiced her in the english version totally nailed her at the end?

you play it for the gameplay, obviously, not for a story or exploration.

Opposite is true for Xenoblade.

Sounds like it crashed.

Poppi a perfect

Just as I posted it loaded. What a beautiful title screen. Guess it confirms a happy ending