/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get Nintendo games
OR
>Where do I get PS3 games
OR
>Where do I get 3DS games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

SP must pay for his crimes.

With patreon money

vita emulator when

inb4 that guy spergs over this post again

I'm still amused that he thinks that moving to Discord will get rid of the "negativity". There's a certain lack of self-awareness right there.

What game and platform is that?

It's tradition at this point.

Money Flow, C64

Is it fun?

I should try to emulate these old computers, I never owned one and I'm a bit too young to have experienced them in their prime anyway.

PCSX2 SOFTWARE ONLY CORE
WHEN
H
E
N

I don't think so, it's a educational shovel-ware. Hammurabi could be still fun.

Is there a site where people upload emulator save files? My HDD just died and I don't feel like spending the next few weeks unlocking characters in SSBM and getting to the third disc of FF7

Ouch. I backup my saves on the "cloud" to avoid this problem. Getting FF saves shouldn't be difficult by googling around and I'm sure there must be fully unlocked SSBM saves in the wild as well, they're super popular games.

Sucks a bit for FF though, I wouldn't like playing somebody's else save and lose all of my builds.

Hey, Kid Icarus run too.
Damn /emugen/ you guys always keeping me away from 3ds emulation, i don't know if you guys are the source of information that i want to listen anymore.

Go back you stupid BR

Nah, fuck off inbreed redneck, go cry on your cuck corner.

At least he created something new recently...

>ever listening to emugen

>Insulting people who make topical posts
Literally cancer.

How well do you guys think I can run Citra, Dolphin, and cemu?
Ryzen 3 1200 stock clock
GTX 1060 6gb
8GB memory

Any other more current emulators I could try?

kys

kek

That game's a bitch to play on console, I don't even want to think about how you'd properly play it on emulator.
Nintendo should have released an update to let you use the N3DS's c-stick

You can't use N3DS c-lit? Why not?
I've heard of plenty people using the circle pro pad or whatever, and that N3DS's extras cover its functionality entirely.

Not for that game. The game came out when the normal 3DS was the only one available, and simply doesn't support the c-stick. Nintendo could have added support with an update but never bothered.

If someone really wanted to put in the effort the right joystick on a controller could be mapped to the X,Y of the touch in an emulator. It would be a mess to do for a few games though.

It does work, don't listen to that retard. It just does the same thing as the normal circle pad, it's for lefties.

Then why did so many people complain that the game is unplayable without cpp?
What are the controls like to justify such a response?
I'm not really interested in rail shooters enough to actually bother. But it does have me curious.

To aim, you have to use the touch screen. No exceptions.

bump

user I told you to stop posting that fat elf

Post healthy elves instead

What specs do I need for Citra?

An i7 overclocked to 6GHz.

A lack of self worth and appreciation for spyware.

>Implying
But yeah, ofc I'll drop the same C&P as usual.
Enjoy it :^)
It's called "RPCS3".
I'm having a Deja Vu now.
And I also had it yesterday.
And the day before that.
And practically the entire past week.
Seriously fuck you, you fucking retard.
You already know fucking perfectly the fucking answer, so stop fucking asking the exact same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Any relatively recent i3 or better should do.
Pokémon Ultra Moon seems to be running at 95%-100% speed with an i3 6100, if that's anything to go by.

New to cemu and need some technical help.

So I wasn't aware the wiiu usb helper auto updates the emulator unless you toggle off the option. Now I woke up to my cemu being 1.11.2 and it has given me some issues when I didn't have any before.

For starters my input profiles don't show up when I launch cemu from the usb helper UI. None of my graphic packs load either.
However, if I go into the folder and start cemu myself then it loads those profiles and packs.
It also doesn't load up my transferable shaders anymore even though they're still in the folder.

It all just runs generally worse if launched from Wiiu usb helper, but not if I start it manually.
Wiiu usb helper BOTW =20fps on the main menu and no shader loads
Manual start BOTW = 30fps locked because I have that pack toggled, and shaders load.
Usb helper also fucks with my shader files and I have to re-download.

It's as if the cemu that launches with usb helper is a separate emulator that isn't using my already configured settings. The directories should be the same, I haven't messed with them, and I don't have another cemu folder anywhere on my pc.

What do I need to change or what am I overlooking?
Fresh installation?

Stop using USB Helper to manage your emulators. It should be used to download games and nothing else.

Post your specs.

Also this

Honestly I don't get why anyone would use Wii U USB Helper period.

I've toggled off the updater. Never planned to have it manage anything but downloads and conveniently launch games.
I just want to know what happened all of a sudden while I was sleeping. Shit just doesn't work.

My specs aren't the issue here.

>amd
whatever you say

Did you use usb helper to star the emulator before?

I usually launch games from usb helper for convenience sake. Now it just doesn't load my presets when before I had no issues.
Did everything just break with 1.11.2?

Use your brain for a second.
Find where your saves/shadercaches/etc are, and copy them to a clean installation outside of anything usb helper related. Don't use it to launch games ever again unless you want garbage like this to happen.

How do you get around the swirl loop? Do you need a blank save like Star Fox or does a chink build do the trick like for Ace Combat?

bump

>How do you get around the swirl loop?
It simply loads
>Do you need a blank save like Star Fox
On the build i'm using yes you do.

Does BotW + Cemu work with XBox controller? I don't have a wii controller

wut

basically I want to know if the game is playable without fancy motion setup

guys how do i decrease stutter in botw
the game runs alright but it stutters a lot which makes it rather inconvinent to play

What motion does BotW even use?

>how do i decrease stutter in botw
That's what the 8K Shader Cache pack is for, I think.

Any help?

Why don't you just try it you dumbass, unless someone here has the exact same setup as you they can't guess how it will run
Also good job cheaping out on the CPU aka the most important thing for emulation

Nah, this pc isn't primarily for emulation, I just don't have enough money. I will upgrade the cpu when next gen Ryzen comes though

bump

why are SNES emulator devs assholes?

Are there any notable chinese or japanese rom sites? I'm looking for a very rare game, but it seems the japanese aren't very fond of rom sites (copyright laws there are pretty heavy), and I've only found stuff like emu999 and emumax in chinese.

I'm looking for PC88 games, by the way. emu999 had almost all PC98 games, but very few PC88 ones. I already downloaded the Archive.org zip file, the game I'm looking for is not there.

Anyone having issues updating to the latest RPCS3?

I overwrote the exe from the 1st of Dec build with 16th Dec build and I get an error about a Qt5Network.dll file

>Try running a 3D game.
I must say, I'm somewhat disappointed. Couldn't get full speed in SM64. I guess there's some performance issues on RA. I still appreciate what they did, because requiring OGL 3.3 is incredibly awful for a software renderer that just blits the screen. This plugin in RA will still be useful for playing some fun non-performance intensive games.

>Post specs.
I would say they're decent for emulating old systems. Definitely wouldn't try playing modern games or anything, but that's to be expected from laptops in general. It only supports up to OpenGL 3

Honestly, you should consider sudoku.

easy piracy?

How does one fix this?
Glide64 in project 64. Game is Mario 64. Happens most of the time when I run games.

Do Graphic Packs not work with Pokken atm? The game runs pretty darn well aside from some minor bugs, but I would love to see it rendered to at least 1080p.

see

No.

Does anyone know where to get Alpha Sapphire or Omega Ruby? Cant find them on the usual sites

usb helper

Won't Nintendo get my IP address and then take me to jail?

too late for that now, they already saw your post here and the nintendo ninjas have been dispatched
enjoy your pokemans while you can

There doesnt appear to be a title key for any Pokemon games on the suggested site

search with é

Still no luck- thanks anyway though

where exactly are you looking?

titlekeys.gq

?

Will I get that much of a better performance with a 8700k than a 8600k?
user in /v/ made me doubt if I should even spend $120 more for a slight increase in performance.

Don't help the retard, this isn't Reddit.

Yeah idk man, how strange..

Playable, sure. Feasible to 100% without a shit ton of trial and error doing stupid shit? No.
If you have an Android device with a gyro that might work. Assuming it's sensitive enough and supported.
So far I've run into 6 gyro puzzle shrines. My DS4 easily handled them all. Tried some of them again with the mouse and it is a pain in the ASS, since I could only control 2/3 axes with right click. Some of them require physics to treat things like rackets doing that, others are nigh impossible.

The gyro can also be used for aiming things like bows,the camera, slate abilities, etc. Not required, but certainly nice.

>wiiu
アホかよww

How am I being dumb here? it isnt on the site

>So far I've run into 6 gyro puzzle shrines.
Oh yeah, those. I did them all with my mouse. Most of them were easy, but one took like 5 minutes.

fug

i think it's time for you to go to sleep

or back to Re**it.

Is there any way to swap which axes the mouse controls?
For example, in the first one around Hateno? I could raise and lower the top and bottom, as well as rotate the plate. But not raise and lower the left and right sides. Which was like the most important. I could beat that one with the mouse by just flipping the whole thing over and rotating it out to the left using centrifugal force.

For me it was bound to Mouse Wheel left and right.

Is there someting wrong with the 2014 redump psx set on archive.org?
Why is the wiki now linking to the 2016 one which is in zip format (bigger) instead of 7z?

bump

memelonDS has an icon now, apparently.

for single core applications, i doubt getting the 8700k is worth the extra 120$. Multithreaded is a different story though. I think 6 cores and 6 threads is good enough, so I'd personally go for the 8600k. Although if i had the extra money to blow and wanted an insane rig, i'd get the 8700k.

bump

You don't have to say it. Just posting alone bumps, without the stupid reminder.
And are you really reading through ALL of Dolphin's progress reports?