/khg/ Kingdom hearts general

Its very cold edition

New to the Series?
Quick Start: i.imgur.com/kTpXdtz.jpg

Every single Kingdom Hearts game, besides the phone game, is now available on PS4! Catching up has never been this easy.
KINGDOM HEARTS I.5+II.5 ReMIX -- Released March 28, 2017
KINDGOM HEARTS II.8 Final Chapter Prologue -- Released January 12, 2017
KH 1.5 and KH 2.5 also available separately on PS3

Coming 2018
D23 2017 Toy Story Trailer: youtu.be/E4y7UK4nqn

Less Disney worlds: gematsu.com/2017/07/kingdom-hearts-iii-less-disney-worlds-kingdom-hearts-ii-final-fantasy-vii-remake-along-areas July18, 2017
Kingdom Hearts is canon to Toy Story: siliconera.com/2017/07/18/kingdom-hearts-iiis-toy-story-world-takes-place-events-toy-story-2/ July18, 2017
IGN asking Nomura fan questions: ign.com/articles/2017/07/18/8-cool-things-we-learned-about-kingdom-hearts-3-at-d23-expo July18, 2017
Famitsu Weekly Translation: khinsider.com/news/Famitsu-interviews-Nomura-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3-Toy-Story-battle-system-more-9760 July19, 2017
Dengeki Interview: khinsider.com/news/Dengeki-Interview-with-Nomura-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3-and-Union-Cross-9827 July21, 2017

>Lore Resources
pastebin.com/tKPLZLiE

KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ[Cross] Resources:
Available for both iOS and Android devices.

>GLOBAL Updates
twitter.com/kh_ux_na
>JP Updates
twitter.com/KHUX_PR
>General News+Updates
twitter.com/Daybreak_Town

>Quick Help Guide [heavily depreciated]
pastebin.com/jQVKegVw
>Wiki
khunchainedx.com/
>Damage Calculator Update 2.37.67 - Spirit / Pet slot is live
khuxtracker.com

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

resetera.com/threads/leaked-kingdom-hearts-3-screenshots-reveal-unexpected-new-world.11307/
tcrf.net/Mario_&_Luigi:_Superstar_Saga#Link
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I finally got past Proud 160. Fucking thank you Skip Ticket +.

When?

Related, KH2 Atlantica is underrated. There's like one bad song and the rest aren't that bad. It's not like KH1 Atlantica was particularly good. 2 just made it a minigame world

Nigga that's kawaii

It's okay, but hearing Donald sing is just the most grating thing at times and that final song is one of the worst things ever. Ursula's song is the best though.
>Flotsam and Jetsam!
>Sweetest poopsies hasten to my side, RIGHT NOW!
>Mommy needs you, smash those stupid fools!
>Make them cry.
>Sora: Sorry mommy, your poopsies are toast!

>tfw stuck on Phil Cup 5
So what is the medal I clearly should have otherwise I'm fucked

Buff yourself with something like Sebastian, Ariel, or iKairi to Gen 6 and use Xigbar B on the eggs and you're good to go since the cannon doesn't deal that much. Darkside Omega might be where I'm done, I'm not wasting an SC on any of these medals and he one-shots me through buffs once he gets to +30 health left while I only deal +14 a turn.

My setup for Darkside, no good traits anywhere aside from the +1000 strength on Xigbar. Though if you don't have HPO period it's mute.

Now that Disney owns Fox Studios, can someone photoshop a xehanorted Marge Simpson?

>Description for Skip Ticket+ says it can be used "to obtain all of the objective rewards from a quest"
>Use it on Proud 160 to get the last Electrum Ore I need
>Don't get it

Did I miss something here?

Also on a replay I noticed he didn't buff at all. Don't think the move is guaranteed.

>Though if you don't have HPO period it's mute.
Yeah, I just couldn't do that grind for HPO or PTR, it was too much, especially since I had bad medals at the time to boot.

So Luke Skywalker is basically live-action Jedi Eraqus now...

Is Namine good for copying enemy buffs in the Phil cup, or is she just useless?

You fucking cunt.

use her to copy the barrier master and you're set

Where the fuck is that Xehanort'ed Aku picture when you need it?

You mean Lord Xuba, right?

I don't understand it.

Anyone has a set up for round 11/barrier master?

You can replace the Chip and Dale with something else if you've got gauge to spare, but basically the strategy is to remove Barrier's buffs and murder him with Xigbar, use SC or Health Recovery to survive the copters, and sweep them on the second turn

Is that roxas guilted? Any traits I need to know about?

>finally got Platinum on Re:Chain of Memories
Jesus the Riku grind was odious. Anyway, next is Kingdom Hearts II. I know the general idea is that I’m supposed to play this on Critical, but at the same time I’m trying to get Plat Trophy AND see the Birth by Sleep video. Since I have to grind up and complete everything anyway, wouldn’t it just be easier to play Standard for all the major stuff, then power through a critical rush? I’ve never beat any of the Data Battles Mushroom XIII or Lingering Will before in previous versions anyway, so I don’t see how I’d do it in Critical.

I mean, sure you could do a standard w/100% and then Critical, but Critical really isn't that hard.
Just be sure to use your entire arsenal. Items are life savers and summons are more useful than they look on a Standard/Proud playthough.

I've been watching a lot of oneyplays of Kingdom Hearts lately. They seem to go on a lot about how they remembered Kingdom Hearts being the coolest and deepest thing they've seen as a kid and now they just see it as being a dumb game with really bad mechanics. I'm curious to know how Kingdom Hearts has aged for everyone. Is it something you look at now as just a silly game you can't take seriously or do you still find yourself getting invested in the plot and characters and the edgy "muh darkness" aspects of it?

Critical isn't hard. It's a bit rough in Land of the Dragons and the Roxas portion, but after that it's smooth sailing. Don't waste your time with Standard or Proud.

Yes with +1000 Str, though the Roxas and just the whole keyblade in general doesn't matter, just base your keyblade on what is the most powerful AOE medal you have available

For later round though, better hope you've got PSM DEF buff medals with EA on them, or reaching the last round is going to be pretty fucking hard, if not impossible

KH is kiddy BS but recognizing that is the first step to becoming a true fan

I think it's a game, and series with a lot of heart put into it which makes me invested in seeing how it's going to build up, or end the various plot threads that it's built up over the various games.

The first one I played was CoM when I was 9 or something, and it blew me away that something for kids could have a story so "dark," (for my sheltered mind) but I'd actually credit playing the other games later on for fast-fowarding me out of my edgy teen phase.
Shit's just fun.

>trickmaster omega with over 100 hp bars when we're limited to tier 4 and below medals
Who thought this was a good idea?

Just saw that post too, I feel like I'm getting memed on

Looks fake.

were there any unversed in the trailers we got before? if not then whats one doing on the left there.

The big monster is also an unversed

>Unversed
>Without Vanitas
Nope

I looked everywhere but the big red circle whoops. highly doubt it's real then

Toy Story trailer in Galaxy Toys

Why aren't their portraits changed with their forms like they're supposed to?
And why does Goofy look like Kermit the Frog?

Its a dev build, so the portraits might just not be finished yet, its just cosmetic

Mike looks much bigger than he should be. And Donald is just blue with tiny bat wings? Lazy design, real or not.

Just re-watched that trailer and they don't have the unversed symbol, just some edgy tribal tattoo style shit.
hud portraits haven't been changed in the trailer either despite them being in toy form.

What the fuck am I looking at here, and more importantly they went with 3D model portraits for improved expressionism, but they were too goddamn lazy to have the portraits appearances change with Sora's current world appearance?
What the hell

>with really bad mechanics.
I don't understand that complaint at all. I've gone through the entire series in the last two or three months and I've felt everything was fine, the only games I would even complain about would be BBS and DDD for going against what KH1 and KH2 did by making dodging strategically pointless while advocating for attack spam of things like Surges or Shotlocks that make you invincible or Balloons that keep you away from the battle while shredding HP. Flowmotion is also a very hit or miss thing since it's really powerful, you can do it constantly for no cost, and it destroys level design by making everything just a giant area you hop around with no progression really seen for your character (Getting High Jump for example is completely pointless since you can just bounce off walls, it just saves you one jump). CoM was a big deviation, sure, but it held together with its own rules and was still fun on its own merits. 358/2 and Unchained are the only games I'd actively say aren't that great to play through, the rest are fine.

>and the edgy "muh darkness" aspects of it
What edgy aspects? Cloud and how Riku acts in KH1 are pretty much it, Xehanort just does stuff to see what happens, Riku after KH1 treads both paths and feels regret but friendship keeps him going, and the Organization just want to be whole again. I never understood this.

I got KH1 at release and didn't really follow the story much, just enjoyed the gameplay, and as an adult I've been enjoying the story and trying to piece things together while loving the worlds you visit and the gameplay. Going from BBS and 2 to DDD is an amazing feeling when you finish a world fully due to all the new stuff you get to see

>Why aren't their portraits changed with their forms like they're supposed to?
仮 is used in Japanese games to mean "Temporary" or "Work in progress". You can see them on both Goofy and Donald's portraits so if it is real they're very clearly still a WIP.

People who thought that it was time to give people who've been playing for a long time a bone for once, and newcomers the finger

Gee whizz it's almost like he's obviously coming back

Or more likely the image is fake.

Far too good to be a fabrication

You joking? It looks lazy as shit.
Like someone took the KH3 interface we've seen in trailers and slapped some deviantart shit in it.

No matter who's in the right here, I look forward to knowing at least a few people were adamantly wrong.
If its real, I hope we don't get too many more Pixar movies. I want Atlantis, not Finding Nemo

Keep in mind that reverse google image search has no results.
So its likely fake.

Character models, not very polished

Effects and environment? Damn good looking if fakes

Not sure I follow. If it was a proper leak, it has to appear somewhere first, and before that it wouldn't be anywhere for Google to find.

Proper leaks do not show up on Veeky Forums first.

Think about how much nonsense would have to be done for this. You'd have to create an entirely new Unversed model, models for every character that fit the world, models for Mike and Sully since those look nothing like their movie models (Mike looks kind of close), completely retexture Donald, Goofy, and Sora's models and add horns and stuff and make it look like the 3D model consistently throughout the entire design, you'd have to render that entire room in two slightly different positions, render reflections, you'd have to individually place each of those tiles on the ceiling there, have to texture that entire hallway area, make reflections of everything, have the Fire effect work, and even do lighting in the hallway.

But then you put in all this effort and you leave Sully's hair looking that unpolished? You don't put 仮 on Sora's portrait despite Donald and Goofy having it (Unless Sora was already done and you're just testing out his model before you put it in)? You bother translating what all the different system calls and rendering options mean for no reason? You leave the command line in the screenshot?

It has just enough faults that honestly make it believable, and it's definitely a WIP if it is true just from Sully's arm fur alone.

>Proper leaks do not usually show up on Veeky Forums first.
FTFY
/vp/, at least, has had a good share of legitimate leaks

it didnt show up on Veeky Forums, it was on resetera

resetera.com/threads/leaked-kingdom-hearts-3-screenshots-reveal-unexpected-new-world.11307/

I saw it on twitter before here

If you have no fear your heart is not strong for it never had to overcome it's fear.

Moose, that unversed is very lazy. Its literally just a blob.

The thing is that it also fits the world though and adheres to their art style. I'm still skeptical, but there's just so many little things that make it feel like someone did just take some screenshots of a WIP build to explain someone to someone and it got out.

Its a slug/snail, to look like Roz

>that shadow is very lazy, it's just flat black with two yellow eyes

>Shulk is just a photoshopped Little Mac you guys

Ya'll are fucking desperate for KH3 news aren't you?

So what did you guys get?

>Mike Wazooowwwski, late again, I seee
>Join the darkness, Wazoowwski

one yes
two if its a fake it has serious effort put in and I wouldnt be too mad
three KH never has leaks, not good ones anyway and that makes this exciting

In depth analysis of possible leaks

This is taking place either before or during Monster's Inc, notice it says Scarefloor not Laughfloor

Well yeah, it's been 5 months.

Sora is an orange monster with horns, purple hair/frills and purple stripes

Monster's University world when
Imagine a Seth Rogen monster in the background yelling "FRAT PARTYYY" and doing that fucking laugh

Donald seems to be more dragon like, also everyone loses their pants here and keep their shirts/hats

Another plus for this being real, the portraits follow the same pattern of looking at the player when neutral and toward the center of screen when aggravated

assuming its real, what does it mean for unversed to be here?

Goofy has some lizard like features and a rhino horn along with very Randall like frills coming off the back of his head

Vanitas is back, one of the norts almost certainly

Thats the final in depth point much like the Marluxia themed Nobodies appearing in the Tangled world, seeing Unversed alludes to the fact that Vanitas will indeed be a part of the 13 seekers of darkness

Anyone got a setup for Phil Cup 10?

Fake or not, I'd like a Monsters Inc world.

If I were a rich man, with a million of two

They put a lot of work into these sceenshots if they are fake. Especially coming up with designs for SDG

Maybe it's because we can't see the front, but that Sora doesn't look great.

The reflections on the ground look off.

game not yet finished

The portraits not matching up could lend to its legitimacy honestly. A fake leaker probably wouldn't forget something like that. Cautiously optimistic.

>focus meter instead of drive gauge

Who asked for this?

Anyone able to suggest a setup for Phil Cup 15?
That fucking Possessors is killing me everytime.

I want vanitas to spread his darkness all over me

Lol, you're two years behind boyo

spend dat ticket

Key things you want to have is a healing medal, such as iKairi who does double duty with her +3 buff, a Power defense buff such as PTR or Pluto, and a Chip and Dale for gauge recovery because the fight is a long one, and your set up needs to be sustainable so that you can keep your defenses up, while still having enough leftover that you can save up for another round of attacks with your available damage medal, or heal if your health gets too low

Things will still be a bit of a gamble though due to Behemoth being able to inflict paralysis, so if your medals have paralysis resistance, or you've got Esuna that will help, along with SC to revive you if shit goes south

That doesn't let me get the rewards.

To me it looks like monster Sora's something like pic related, at least the lion-y parts.

They didn't change the faces on the health bar thingies though, but I guess that's normal if it's an early test

This , except replace PTR with an EA Vexen since it's cheaper on the gauge, after you die and revive through SC, your second turn will have you running with at least +4 SM Def buff neutralizing two of the three enemies, and once you murder the fat Power enemy, you're good

YOUR GREEN WITH IT

They're using 仮 which Japanese game devs use as a way to mark stuff as a WIP. You can see it a lot in Nintendo games for example:
tcrf.net/Mario_&_Luigi:_Superstar_Saga#Link

>Sora starts skateboarding
>Goofy doesn't mention his son at all