/twg/ - Total War General

WRONGED US Editon

>Warhammer
youtube.com/watch?v=qLSezK6_N5w
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/
totalwar.com/blog/warhammer-ii-development-update (NEW)
tl;dr: December FLC w/ new game mode, Tomb Kings in January, Norsca/RoR in May

>History
store.steampowered.com/app/694880/Total_War_ROME_II__Empire_Divided/
store.steampowered.com/app/712100/Total_War_Saga_Thrones_of_Britannia/

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

Campaign posting and screenshot sharing encouraged!

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YAn8FVUp090
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=635990190
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for wazzocks

First for managing to fuck up link to previous thread:

second for da bois

Are Saurus units OP as fuck? Only 54 gold, with reductions maxed, upkeep and upgrades out the ass with tech and general buffs

Greenies not welcome.

I can't git gud at Skaven. The Greenskins are rape, and the Dawi are worse.

Sure Menace from bellow is cool, but how the Dawi just eat 'em and then it's back to the artillery-rape.

Please advice.

>Tomb Kings still not officially announced.

It's wont until WH3 because it's going to be one of the base factions there

Why would they add Nehekhara into the second game if it wasn't going to be relevant?

wtf southlands is in TW2?

Gutter runners, doomwheels, and hell pit abominations. But mostly artillery. Artillery is good.
Why would they add Albion if it wasn't going to be relevant?

But they haven't added Albion.

>Nehekhara in TW2, both Vortex and Mortal Empires
>Khemri is a 10 slot city
>New faction DLC for Januray teased with "cryptic"

Are you merely pretending?

Where is my Pontus DLC CA?

youtu.be/YAn8FVUp090
HA-HA-HAAA!
EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY, WHY? THE TRUE KING IS HERE.

>legendary campaign
>AI can afford two stacks and fully upgrade city with just one city
>I need 4 provinces, all speced for gold, to even afford two stacks of mid-game units

I really don't like this. I wish CA would put more time into programming proper, difficult AI instead of just piling on the cheats whenever you ramp up the difficulty.

If you mod some of the cheating out, Legendary just becomes Normal again, so that's out...

It's in the eye of the vortex campaign, northeast near Norsca.
Cryptic could mean ANYTHING. You guys are just desperate for Tomb King news.
Yeah, I'm taking the piss. I just love to get under your skin.Why,
got a bone to pick with me?

In their defense, programming AI for a strategy game is probably the hardest game to code for.

The player will always be more spontaneous than the AI could ever be on sheer principle. The best the AI can do is follow their patterns as best they can and hope to overwhelm the player in sheer numbers.

Though it would be nice to see someone like the guy who wrote the best shooter-AI to take a crack at making a truly diverse strategy-AI. The guy wrote two, TWO, fucking doctorates on the field of AI and implementer them in his game to make the best AI a shooter has ever seen.

He should be able to come up with something interesting for a strategy game.

>not playing on plus ultra units size

baka

heh!

>buy TWW2 because I loved 1
>run benchmark
>TWW2 runs much worse than TWW1
>40fps average
>decide fuck it, I'll survive and go for a 20v20 custom battle just to play around with some Edgelord Elfs
>game runs at fluent 60

Is the benchmark fucked?

Guys, I'm literally shaking. What if CA isnt actually working on Tomb Kings?

Yeah, it gave me average 52 on high, I'm playing on ultra with few changes and it runs pretty much 60 and above all the time, unless I zoom in and there's some heavy shit going on like smoke, blood everywhere ect

Of course they are. It'll be in the TWW3. It's all but confirmed. It's their big pull for TWW3.

Sure it's not easy but their AI does dumb stuff a lot, really dumb stuff.

Yeah, it does. On the campaign map it tends to be okay, and with SFO it tends to do a little better in battle too, but all around they should really put a little more resources into making something that doesn't just cheat-to-win.

Early skaven is pain when your armies are mostly clanrats. Try using them as a meatshield and rear charge the enemy with rat ogres if you have them. Warp-lightning is also a pretty powerful and cheap spell so use it to bombard enemy blobs when they are engaged in melee and immobile.
I've also won several unexpected victories using gutter and night runners to harass heavier units like saurus.

There's a lot of performance variability between battle maps.

Finally finished wiping out the Ikko Ikki. How do i go about getting rid of the Imagawa now? I'm larger but i'm still their vassal since they never ended up attacking me.

Is magic actually useful in TWW2? I felt it was a little lacking in impact in TWW1.

Warp Lighting
Warp Lightining cannon
Overcast Scorch
Skaven's goal is to make/isolate a blob and nuke the fuck out of it

This. Dawi can be a problem, but you have meatshields for a reason. Make a nice big blob of silly Dawi and then drop bombs from orbit. If a few of yours die, so what? They're just rats.

oh, and crack's call

Do everything you can to spit in their face and make life difficult for them

why are they bothering to attack? on legendary btw

To glitch you.

On the off-chance you fuck up while playing the battle.

I'm posting until we get our promised regimental gangbang

after Attila the AI started suiciding itself into your settlements instead of just retreating, probably because they know they'll just get another free stack.

how was this heroic?

I take it you never actually played Warhammer 1. The game is nothing but playing cat and mouse with chaos and Norscan stacks who refuse to attack you unless the odds are heavily in their favour.

It definitely feels more powerful. My mages can get a very decent amount of kills now. The new 40-level limit means that magician lords can now focus on both magic and army skills.

Someone tell me what the good wood elf units are

because people complained a LOT about how the AI would never attack unless it had 80% chance to win
so CA overtuned it where the AI will attack as long as they've got a full stack or close to a full stack.
I prefer it that way, who the fuck had fun chasing around nosrcan stacks who never committed to an attack because their armies were so shit it would lose against pretty much anything that wasn't an unwalled settlement.

Neat! I'm considering rolling the frog-guy for a mage-campaign.

Thanks for the info user.

Get dragons and dragons.

I haven't tried SFO with WH2 ME yet, how is it?

I fought him during my Queek campaign. He always raked up at least 100-150 kills with his spells.

What's the fertility mod for Attila I'm meant to be using?

Vanilla

How was it not heroic? Look how many deadly flying beasts you killed!

It's absolutely insane, but I am using Steel Faith

is good
try it

Type in “fertility” into steam workshop and download the most popular one, don’t listen to the other user vanilla fertility mechanics are illogical and awful and ruin build variety in the provinces.

Thinking about trying other Total War games
How's magic in Shogun 2?

>clan moulder is slowly sending a stack trough the sea to attack me in lustria
>I got a noble to inspect it
>it's nothing but skavenslaves
>I'm str rank 1 as teclis
>mfw

actually fuck fertility +1 this one is better:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=635990190
it adds new building types.

This is what I get when I search fertility
I've chosen "Fertility-Increasing Sanitation Buildings"
I hope it works well, I don't think there was a climate event in the 400s anyway

>Kisho ninja about to throw their bombs on unsuspecting samurai
>CA funpolice realise that i'm having fun and crash the game

Pestilens sent 5 full armies up from Lustria to Estalia to fight my allies.
All 5 armies were gobbled up by Tileans before I got to them.
Whatever they were, the were shite.

yes that's the best one see
it's the one I use. The new buildings are excellent especially for the western romans, they get a sanitation alternative that gives bonus public order, fertility, and sanitation at the expense of growth and less sanitation than the default structure.
Best part is it's save game compatible. Don't waste another minute playing vanilla fertility, if you wanna make the game harder to it in other ways but this is a fundamental improvement to the strategy elements and is a must for anyone that wants an enjoyable long-term campaign that doesn't feel like the world freezing over for no reason.

I just use Hadrian's building effects (Hard) which reduces the food consumptions of buildings

skave AI needs some sort of buff.
Maybe give them the ability to recruit non-garbage troops earlier or something.

I guess that combats the issue but it doesn't fundamentally solve the issue like the mod with new buildings does. The problem isn't that it makes it too hard-besides there are other ways to make it hard to compensate-it's that it doesn't make any sense, has no historical basis for happening, and ruins build variety. That makes it easier to not starve but it doesn't solve the issue of the game nuking the entire world's fertility permanently for no reason and with no way to fix it.

Why is the Chaos campaign so shit? I thought I would play as an unstoppable tide of destruction. Instead I spent the early game fleeing from enemy stacks. I have a decent army now but there is nothing to do except wander aimlessly and play whack a mole with the empire.

How is masters of strategy guys?

It's.... over....

>Turn 50
>The only Skaven alive are Clan Mors and Pestilence

Anyone else find it funny that prince of Macedon was the original “master of strategy” meme despite never playing campaign? He only played multiplayer, which is entirely tactics and no strategy, so he literally thinks tactics are strategy and doesn’t actually understand strategy at all which is why he never plays campaign, lol

user playing TW games doesn't actually require understanding tactics and strategy.

They are pretty shallow games regarding actual strategy and very arcadey.

Agreed there’s barely any strategy it’s always been a tactics-oriented game, but nevertheless the campaign map itself is an extremely simplified strategic element of the game, though you need. DEI to get a taste of actual logistics. Things like recruiting units, building provinces towards specific roles, which tech you go for and what kind of units you plan on producing, and where. Infrastructure and long term strategic planning are there, it’s just extremely barebones and that became even more apparent after warhammer.

Mortal Empires would be perfect if CA moved the lore forward and created an Underway Campaign map.

Underway races get a new map with way fewer provinces that link up in the overworld, but most overworld areas are very inhospitable to Skaven and Dwarves. The AI with underway races will focus on expanding the underground more; thereby causing complete havoc on the overworld less; letting the other races last longer.

- Overworld Races can invade and sack Underway provinces, but can never settle. If they lose in the Underway, the whole army is lost. Sending agents down in the underway means there are opportunities for treasure and equipment drops and utilizing the ruin's quest feature.

- Skaven can besiege from below if they hold a province below someone else's city, but if they are defeated in the overworld the whole army is lost. You can only make higher-tier units in underway provinces; food is made in overworld provinces. This will also allow Skavenblight as a capital; and minor skaven houses.

- Dwarves can revitalize the Underway as a campaign goal and reinforce these areas to keep Skaven out. Dwarven armies can survive underway battles. Dwarves can only consolidate their empire if their underway is reconnected between different cities.

- Orcs can only create minor outposts. Orc armies can survive underway battles. You can only make spider-rider and squig units with underground outposts.

>breeder city
how lewd

>May is over 200 days away

Way too much work for CA.

>May is over 100 days away

>May is only under 300 days away

who are the porgs of total war?

>January is 381 days away

Waiting until May will be the biggest challenge yet

The AI for Fear is pretty damn good, but alot of the appeal is actually the AI communicating what they are doing to the player, giving you a better sense (or illusion) that you are fighting an intelligent opponent.
Damn Fear is such a good game. I played it like 10 years after it came out and it still blew me away.

YARI ASHIGARU, PAJAMAS and whatever meme unit WH has

>Attila cav at launch is the second strongest cav in the series behind medieval 2
>add insane pullout penalty that is absolutely apocalyptically deadly
>Attila cavalry is now the weakest cavalry has ever been in the series
Wew way to just completely floor it towards the other extreme, talk about subtlety. Spearmen are the best they’ve ever been now, I remember in medieval 2 when you could smash a spear unit head on with some heavy cavalry, now even the shittiest Spears will slaughter cavalry.

That's the trick; all Warhammer units are meme units.

How do I contain it!

hey man
SPEARMANII needed a buff

That’s fine but the pullout penalty is still a way too much; in their current state spearmen would still beat cavalry, they just wouldn’t illogically slaughter 60% of the unit in 3 seconds on the way out, it’s so fucking dumb, especially considering we have accounts of a single unarmored brtiish cavalry officer breaking through dozens of infantry and dozens of enemy cavalry to break out of an Indian rebel encirclement, cavalry is extremely good at escaping a melee unharmed, practically made for it in fact, the penalty was overdone because they watched some YouTube videos and didn’t like how we were slaughtering full stacks with our default garrisons by cycle charging the scout equites.

Anyone go back to MW2 Warhammer mod? Besides graphics, isn't that pretty much what we all wanted out of Total Warhammer?

Squigs

You would get bored of winning all the time.

The FEAR ai just does loops around the level design so it seems like its flanking you. Its why all the offices and rooms you fight in have circular design.

Its really not that complex but god damn is it effective.

>update for 3 hours because game keeps reinstalling itself for a 150mb patch
>when it ends, keep getting an error when launching it
>look up, many people have this problem
WHAT THE FUCK CA
YOU FUCKING COCKSUCKERS, WHERE THE FUCK IS NORSCA AND THE FLC UPDATE
WHY ISN'T THE GAME FUCKING LAUNCHING
WHY DOES IT STILL TAKE 4 HOURS FOR IT TO PATCH A SINGLE SMALL UPDATE
FUCK OFFFFFF

If CA gave the factions proper behavior then they could fake smart AI. But they goofed and not even the AI will retake ruins.

Yep, FEAR AI actually is pretty simple, but I absolutely love how they pulled various elements of the game into making Replica seem as compelling enemies. This is art.

>playing m*ds
Never.

CA are jews what did you expect
Its a great game for sure. Probably my favorite shooter.

How to get good at fighting horse armies lads? I can never properly fight the brets, they always out maneuver me. Is the noob box the only solution?

>I set the difficulty mode that will give the ai maximum amount of benefits
>ai is getting alot of benefits ingame after i do that
>wtf CA

No, just protect your archers with spearmen. If your up against armies that create a ton of horsies create armies with more spearmen.