/domg/ - Dominions General

Buff erf snek edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 3000 units, 900 spells and 400 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/wjbSA98Y

>Drawfaggotry
dominionsdraws.imgur.com/

>DOMINIONS 5 IS OUT.

>Where do I get it?
Currently only available on Steam.
store.steampowered.com/app/722060/Dominions_5__Warriors_of_the_Faith/

>Manual
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5manual.pdf
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5tables.pdf

>Mod inspector
larzm42.github.io/dom5inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1212948582

>Debug mod
dropbox.com/s/gc9io6paebo4pj3/Debug_501.zip?dl=0

>How do I change the fonts?
Replace guifont.ttf, guifont_fancy.ttf and guifont_texty.ttf in the game's 'data' folder (C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dominions5\data usually).

>Is there an easier way to play multiplayer?
Yes.
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dominions-4-pbem-manager-new-stuff.104015/
Works for Dominions 5 just as well.

>Completed games
Submit them here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuclmaCiRo8vcTztsKjPJxnBgRDE-E1uNvE5j0x5wDZMMhRA/viewform
Results:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OxILAa3Y_O7Vk2NFhKAAQfStHqh1WJXMkGCim9sQ_ns/edit#gid=1292233344

>OP pastebin
Just copypaste it and link the previous thread below.
pastebin.com/RbFWcFcU

>Previous Pantokrator:

Did they fix the bug? I'm afraid of taking my turns.

Does this game have witches?

Yes.

this game has bitches

>mfw all my fav nations are bugged

REEEEE! Fix your shit Swedish School teach.

Give me a fun nation that doesn't have berserk or use undead.

Dominos Admin you fag, delay the game until the bug is fixed.

Can I get extention on MAgical Realm, AutismRP, and LApleasekillme?

I'm in class, should be able to get them in by 1:00PM

>implying the bug affects anything that matters

get fucked ermor

>Implying MA Ermor isn't in the game

Does anyone use the Bitch Queen? I'm guessing as an awake rainbow expander, not sure how viable that is.

Undead can't starve so the supply bug means nothing to them.

Or preferably, delay the game until the bug is fixed.

alguLoD
@everyone - my apologies for the ping. Be warned that the latest patch of Dominions 5 has a *very serious bug* that inverts supply requirements. Undead units consume supplies and starve to death while living ones do not. You are advised to pause any multiplayer games you are involved in until this issue is hotfixed.

>should be able to get them in by 1:00PM
Just say how many hours you need an extension for, dum-dum. Just calling a specific time is pointless when we've got people in all kinds of timezones.

it's completely garbage as an expander I'm sure, it could technically lead an expansion party with the wolves as support but that's a questionable use of pretender turns/design points.
It's just a funny rainbow chassis.

WHich is the best roleplay-wise nation to have the mother of monsters as pretender?

3 hour extension for MAgical Realm, 2 hour extension for LAPleaseKillMe

Sauromatia or Abysia

Maybe Pythium with their Hydra fetish.

What's the actual list of broken mechanics at the moment?
Even before the update people mentioned things that didn't work, and the update broke supplies and berserker apparently. Did the previous issues get fixed?

also forgot to ask
are her spawns any good or are they useless?

Don't actually need one for Autism, was mistaken about its timing.

I haven't tried her in Dom5 yet so you'd have to test it and see. It's probably mostly chaff though.

You can't base a strategy around them but they're quite good.

probably Pan and Sauro-Pyth

Any tips for playing asphodel?
manikins are shit

>"manikins are shit"
-domg

Black Centaurs are some of the best sacreds in the game, so a good bless for them allows you to expand extremely fast. You can't rely on them as much as Pan can on White Centaurs because your cancer dominion will make it hard to recruit lots of living units in the long run, but with good expansion you should be in a strong position for midgame. Just remember to sitesearch as early as possible and as much as possible, because most of your mages will need to be summoned so every gem is precious, especially Death gems.

Abysia can't use Mother of Monsters, they get a special snowflake mage with Adept Crossbreeder instead

Any good combat webms?

Load up on undead casters and gather your shitty freespawn, then pull the cancer combo of skellyspam, foul vapors, darkness, quagmire, and anything else that would ruin a normal living being's day

Abysia 2h file received
Agartha 2h file received
Atlantis 2h file received
C'tis 2h file received
Gath 2h file received
Jomon 2h file received
Lemuria 2h file received
Mictlan 2h file received
Pythium 2h file received
Ragha 2h file received
R'lyeh 2h file received
Bogarus 2h file received
Ulm 2h file received

Just fucking host goddamnit, the undead nations sent their turn so they obviously don't care enough, and the game is way too fucking early for the bug to matter anyway.

How is Pan if you don't meme bless White Centaurs and just go like full scales?
It seems like everybody just assumes you're going WC-spam on them which is a bit...eh for me.

Full scales Pan is pretty good. It's just that white centaurs are ridiculous enough that there's little reason not to take a bless on them

you get some neat monsters actually, it's up there with ghosts and the Master Alchemist randomly creating green lions

It's not optimal, but it can definitely work. Pan has some good tricks up its sleeve that don't rely on Centaur rushing. It's just that you can do all of these (almost) as good WITH at least a decent Centaur buff, so there's no real point in ignoring the Centaurs. You have the power, might as well make use of it.

Dryads with a few N gems or a Cornucopia and scripted to cast Swarm are amazing assassins when you have them seduce enemy commanders. They'll either succeed and you get a free commander (especially nice if it's a mage with paths you don't have natively), they'll fail and get into a fight in which case Swarm will kill just about anything that's not a thug or SC, or nothing happens in which case you can just try again. Seducing the commander of an army just before a big fight is especially hilarious.

Centaur mages can be used to fuel big communions, which allows you to use some pretty effective battlefield magic. They don't have the best paths for pure damage dealing (though Water has some nice damaging spells), but they have some great support options. Pans/Pandemoniacs also have great buff paths and you can use Sabbath Master to tie them into your communions for even more fun. Blood in general is not something Pan is good at, but it's worth getting into it at least a little because of this. If it's a long game you're going to want to get into Blood anyway, but that goes for just about any nation.

Black Harpies aren't worth shit in combat, but they're some of the best scouts in the game.

A Dryad or a Satyr Commander leading a team of Satyr Sneaks makes for an effective commando force, sneaking behind enemy lines and spreading unrest while attacking undefended provinces. If you have the Inspiring Presence bless effect (on a Dryad anyway, since Satyr Commanders aren't sacred) it gets even better, since Satyrs have pretty crappy morale.

Wait, disregard the Centaur communions bit, that's LA Pan.

Your expansion without White Centaurs drops from S tier to A tier. In fights against players your regular troops are competent (I ran some tests in Dom4 and revelers traded favorably cost-to-cost against every non-sacred size 2 infantry, although with the cost nerf, I'm not sure if that is the case anymore) but require buffs to truly shine, and since Pan has trash research, the best way to reach these midgame timings is to be fucking massive and steamroll most opponents without having to mobilize mages for your first war.

But can you play Pan without a bless? Without a doubt. Some of the options that come to my mind are dormant Carrion Dragon (really cheap but fucking monstrous with alteration buffs you're going for anyway, being able to cast Mother Oak immediately without relying on randoms or boosters is nice, and death provides some endgame security) and dormant Titan of War and Wisdom (some nice diversity).

Top tier blesses
>Awe
>Regeneration
>Reinvigoration
>Blood Surge

Noob trap blesses
>Quickness
>Recuperation
>Stygian Flesh
>[x] Weapons
>Blood Surge

>Shit blesses
>Death Explosion
>Larger
>Etherealness
>Air Shield
>Fear

Wrong.

nice bait

Shit tier: Your list.

Seriously though, there is no single "top bless", since it all depends on what you're using the bless on. Awe is overrated as fuck, Regeneration is all but wasted on low-HP units, etc. Stuff like Recuperation and Larger can be great on big, beefy units that you expect to survive many hits. There are many situations where Stygian Flesh is objectively better than Awe (most notably when facing elite high-morale units, units that ignore morale like most undead, or ranged attacks).

If I had to make an overall three-tier system, it would be something like:
>Almost always useful tier, which includes stuff like Reinvigoration which never gets wasted except on very specific (ie inanimate) units.
>It depends tier, which includes almost every bless there is because most of them can range from amazing, to just ok, to entirely wasted depending on what sacreds you actually have.
>Trap tier, which includes the few actual duds and meme-options like Death Explosion.

It would make a lot more sense to rank blessings on a per-nation base, though.

Seriously, if I could get a 3 hour/2 hour extension, respectively, that would be great.

Pls no ignore

Uh, playing as MA Rlyeh (in SP), I think an event triggered for another nation where their province got attacked by madmen loyal to Rlyeh. I didn't get a notification of the event though, just the battle report of the madmen suiciding on their province. Is this a new thing?

Check the game page, you nerd. I changed that shit hours ago.

>blood surge listed twice
What did he mean by this?

It's a top tier noob trap.

the only time reinvigoration isn't good is for a nation that doesn't have sacred mages, and even then you might get use out of it on your pretender

Ty.

it happens when you play as MA Ermor too, it's just a random event

It's still marginally ok even if you don't have sacred mages, because units lose attack and defense score when they get tired from fighting. Especially when you have berserkers, because they gain fatigue faster than normal. Probably not worth taking for that alone, but it's a nice extra.

>not getting a cheaky [x] weapon bless to ram your sword up Lemuria's ass (or anyone else with access to ethereal units).

other ages coming up

Please explain your metrics and your method for establishing them.

i will play lemuria
i dont have any need for supply right?

you do now boyo

Because of a bug, you do need supplies right now.

Hopefully that will be fixed soon, though.

Gotta agree... As an EA Ermor fanboy.

Hey Arco - did Marverni attack you?

Does the Bad Formation Fighter trait pretty much render Abysia's sacreds useless, or am I underestimating them?

Because of BFF, EA Abysia's Burning one only fits one into a square instead of two, and MA Lava Warriors which are a bit smaller only fits two instead of three. In both cases that's a significant chunk of damage gone.

Ive used her a couple of times as an beefier than usual rainbow. She also works out as an army thug in an early war. Bit of a risk, but nobody ever has tried to specifically counter her, and she really can bring the pain on that turn 17 battle... with a few items obviously.

I suppose her not that high HP and normal size makes her unlikely to be targeted with kill spells too.

As someone who has two wins with Jotunheim, I'm not sure what to think.

I appreciate that you put Nazca in "takes skill" and love the taste of the salt from it being in "bullshit".

You can rest assured that his whole chart is stupid.

I still don't get what do you mean with "honest".
Is Shinu honest because they are bad?

Alternatively, if Marverni is around and is fighting they can confirm that too.

I'm pretty sure has it right, and the whole thing is mostly based on how salty he is about getting wrecked by that nation.

>MA Xib in takes skill and bullshit
Get forest or die with frogs sure is skillful and strong.

these charts aren't about good/bad

honest means it doesn't rely on gimmicks and meme bullshit to win.

bullshit-honest -> how salty he gets when he loses to them

braindead-takes skill -> how well he did after trying the nation in MP after being beaten by it

EA Xibalba doesnt rely on gimmicks, neither Ys does.

Define "gimmicks and meme bullshit".

Do you mean the only honest nations are those that are bland as fuck and don't have unique national mechanics?

>"I cast Bless" topping skill
>The nation of prediction based light raiding and different types of battlefield clear traps is bottom of brainless

Literal retard chartmaker desu

>Arco top tier in all eras
Hi moat.

Arco is pretty difficult to use well

show me on the doll where the birds pecked at you

This.

And also this.

make your own then faglords

Is pythium that hard to play as?
fuck i better git gud soon

>honest
this is a shit meme

Define "difficult" please. What makes Arcoscephale difficult?

What are your thoughts on cataclysm? Recently won a game with it on but it seems pretty RNG based. I defeated 3 doom horrors with thugs and heavy mage support, and then the game just ended. Imo it seems to encourage late game doomstacks on thrones turtling and doing nothing

Don't waste your time asking rejakor, friend.

>EA Xibalba doesnt rely on gimmicks, neither Ys does.

If fire breathing sailing elves and recruitable infinite sacred freespawn generators aren't bullshit gimmicks then I don't know what is.

>he thinks the x weapons blesses make attacks magical, and not just the piddly added effect
>he doesn't know you can make anything your sacreds touch magic for piddly 2S

Shit troops and randomized mages that have to be used in communions?

No fliers
No giants
No fish
No thrones
No cancer dominion
LA only
Peliwyr

It's fun for meme games and for using it as a sort of turn-limit to make sure games don't last forever, but as a general mechanic I don't like it.

>everything i don't like is bullshit
Being this stupid definitely takes skill.

right, bullshit is everything YOU don't like clearly

not as much as being as mad as you are does

Awe is definitely noob trap. Solar weapons are pretty efficient if you've got those paths anyway.

>How can we make LA even more samey

I haven't used them, but Lava Warriors still look usable to me. You still get four attacks per square and berserker's defense malus doesn't matter since their defense is already non-existent. They have good prot to compensate for always taking the hit, and it jumps to 21 when berserking. They also hit hard by default, and real fucking hard in a hot province while berserking (very high attack, too). Nothing top tier or memebless-worthy but worth what you pay IMO, probably worth using with a bless that benefits both them and your sacred mages.
Burning Ones are laughably overpriced for what you get. Oh wow fireshield on a 23HP unit, yeah that's worth seventy fucking gold. I doubt you'll ever have reason to use them.

>Crossbows only
>Peliwyr
FTFY

How can you consider any one thing a gimmick when pretty much every nation has glamour, stealth, communions, sailing, flying, giants, freespawn, cancer dominion, assassins, skelespammers, rec-anywhere sacreds, blood magic, thugs, berserkers, demons, markatas, or extra strong sacreds? When everything's a gimmick, nothing is. There are just gimmicks you don't like.

>it has sacreds, therefore it's a gimmick nation
I'd sarcastically make fun of your meme, but this isn't even memery, you've just made up some bullshit.

Also swans aren't sacred.