/2hug/ - Touhou General - #76

Santa isn't real edition
Previous thread >So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Where should I start?
The games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there. Some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway

1: Arkanoid's drunk abusive cousin
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5: Fighting games

The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist. Once you're done with the main series you can move on to the fangames, of which some are of excellent quality.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/ (For separate game downloading)

nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>How to Touhou for bakas
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>eraTohoK (plus other era games)
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou 16 on steam! Please support the official release.
store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/

>AoCF Demo v2!
mega.nz/#!mclFRapR!b4TEtRSnAi81Y4CZHzjy4dTzJ81V0KDArXfDL6f5PqI

>1cc charts!
imgur.com/a/NdaSE

>Fangames pastebin
pastebin.com/Jc2e0wLm

Your parents lied to you. You're also adopted.

>1cc EoSD
holy shit already? It's only been like a month or two. We need proofs.

Reminder that Seiga is Top Tao

heres my full list.

Well Santa may not be real. But is Touhou real? Also Meiling has some really nice Danmaku.

This, unless he has previous STG experience or played nonstop, you can't 1cc your first game on Normal in less than a month.

Why do you hate Flan?

>Yorihime
>anywhere but the bottom
Besides that and the typical secondary tastes that's pretty solid.
>Byakuren at the bottom
made me laugh Buddhishits BTFO

>Why do you hate Flan
I don't hate her, from a purely canon perspective, I couldn't give less of a fuck about her because she hardly exists.

>you can't 1cc your first game on Normal in less than a month.

I'm not the clownpiece user, but I feel like a month is plenty of time to get good enough for a normal 1cc if you practice regularly. A few runs every day will get you pretty far if you focus on one game.

I did it on a local library computer.
It was honestly pure luck and LOTS of bomb spamming for midboss 1ups..

That's why he said unless he played nonstop, like I'm talking about when I played SA here level's of nonstop.

SDM characters are old and busted now. You must accept that they're bound to slide further and further down the back bench.

They're pretty much already as relevant as Rumia is, IN characters are going to stay relevant since Lunarians are pretty huge players in the series.

>11 Star Sapphire
>127 Sunny Milk

Why?

I have accepted that long ago. I still think that EoSD had some of the best characters in the entire series though and I still want to fuck Remilia.

Why is moco so lewd anons?

I tried my best not to respond to you this whole time but you're just pushing it now. Stop lying, you're a secondary attention writefag whore from /ddlc/ who can't be assed to actually play the games properly.

>I did it on a local library computer.
How convenient that you also didn't save the scoredata or the replay either, you'd think with something as impressive as a 1cc whithin a month you'd save that stuff on a usb or upload it on a drive.

>and LOTS of bomb spamming for midboss 1ups..
Funny, you would only need to bomb once one during Sakuya midboss. If you bombspammed "LOTS" then again it makes it less likely you actually 1cc'd the game

Honestly I'm impressed actually. I'm surprised people are still actually putting up with your shit given you're an actual secondary who wrote like an 11 year old when you first posted and posted using non touhou images.

>IN Characters
More specifically, Eientei's Bunch.
And even that's likely to change in the near future should ZUN forget about the Lunarians now that we've had LoLK, leaving us only with Main Characters and the Religions.

Wew, I don't think I've seen you that mad Sakuya user, I don't like him either but jesus dude. What happened to your chill.

Shit, meant for

Yeah, probably, but I think LoLK still has a bit left for it. But we're probably moving into PCB, namely the Yakumos time in the limelight, what with all the sages running around Gensokyo.

Nothing pisses me off more than a secondary. Now if you have a lying secondary trying to act like a primary like it's no big deal then that's another thing entirely.

>Doremy
You and I should be friend. Honestly, it's fine to like Cirno. You shouldn't feel bad because some autistic primaries call you secondary because of it. They're the same as /pol/tards who get triggered everytime someone post a Momiji pic. Oh, and congrats on your first 1cc.

Calm down

Relax man, secondaries aren't all that bad though clearly lying like he is is faggotry don't become an elitist. It's really strange seeing you go from the most relaxed caring guy in the thread into full on ANGEREY mode.

I'm fine with Secondaries, since everyone's gotta start somewhere, but posers like that guy just annoy me.

There is literally nothing wrong with secondaries. Many of the god-tier fanartists are probably secondaries.

The ironic part is secondaries is what's probably keeping the series alive.

I mean we all start out as one but lying about it isn't doing anybody any favors, especially when it's encouraged so.

Thank god, a voice of reason.

The only thing that's keeping the series alive is ZUN. Even if everyone stopped buying the games, he would keep on making them, as for him, it's a matter of a good afterlife and little more.

This, the series wasn't extreemly niche and not even popular until after EoSD, but that didn't stop him from making 5 games beforehand.

Well I'm certainly not encouraging him lying like he is. The moment he said "I did it on a library computer" when I asked for proofs made me disregard his statement entirely. I can see clearing the game with continues, since I did that to PCB within the week I got it. But 1CCing in a month or two with no proof is bullshit.

It's a nonsense excuse anyways, since you'd need to have the game on a USB in order to play it in a library.

I don't want to start a heated discussion here, but I always felt like the primary/secondary distinction is overdone. Obviously Touhou is a video game series at the core and all true fans should play the games at one point, but someone who 1cc'd multiple 2hu gamse is not even guaranteed to know more about the series canon than someone who never 1cc'd any of the games but read up on all of the routes, endings and printworks. These are kinda extreme examples though and of course I get angry too when someone calls himself a touhou fan when everything he knows about the characters comes from fanon-infested meme videos and youtube comments, but I've seen people being called secondaries just because they have less 1ccs than the person yelling at them and at that point it's just retarded.

The "secondary" distinction is far less relevant than for something like F/SN, agreed. As you say, a secondary who reads the print works obsessively will have much better knowledge of the characters and world than someone who's cleared a couple games. It's not like Fate, where "primaries" have a much deeper understanding of the canonical storyline and characterization.

>wasn't extreemly niche
Meant to say it was, oops.

Well I'm glad you're being reasonable here. As for continues, user's already told him what a 1cc was beforehand so he can't say he didn't know. But you were right in that I have lost my cool, for that I'm sorry.

The issue isn't moreso him being a secondary it's him lying about it and an user actually believing him and congratulating him on it.

Now if you're talking in a general sense, then oh boy that's a discussion for the ages, maybe another time though.

>LE LUNARIANS ARE BAD MEME XDXDXDXD
unironically kys

Pretty much this. Sakuya user has 1cc'd the entire main series, but he knows jack about the lore, while some people like me can barely clear a game with continues, but have a pretty solid grasp about the lore. It's when your understanding of the series is limited to fanon memes and videos is when you're cancer. Secondary/Primary is a meme.

They're awful, boring characters.

>They're awful, boring characters.
we're talking about Lunarians here, not the Scarlet Devil cast.

>expecting Taoists to make anything but stupid, shallow comments
Found your problem.

How welcoming. Either way, I've just been lurking and playing 2hu, and I plan to keep it way. Honestly, I don't care if you hate my guts, I'm staying purely because I love this game. And if the fanbase doesn't like me, then I won't care. I'm just in this for games and the books, this general is just a supplement for me.

He's pissed because you're being a lying asshat. Going "y-yeah w-well I don't NEED you guys!" when someone calls you out, particularly the chillest guy around, is why most people find you obnoxious. It comes across as attention whoring.

I shall grace you with one more (you). Just tell me why you felt the need to lie, and instead of saying sorry you do this shit.

Fuck off to /jp/.

frens stop fight

but fighting is the true nature of 2hus, they live for the danmaku.

Then where's the part where it's all resolved and we fuck around drinking tea and sake?

Honestly, I don't really know. I've been trying an trying and trying and have gotten SO GOD DAMN CLOSE (i had to pop a cont at sakuya pretty much EVERY time) that when i 3cc cleared remillia for fifth time i just said "screw it close enough.", because I really want to experience the other games instead of just playing EoSD over and over again.

We haven't gotten there yet. I'd rather have whiskey anyways.

then just go play other games you baka. each game you clear makes you a better player. Don't come here and lie about 1ccing a game. just fucknig move on.

Sunny milk is trash tier.
If you're still wanting to be on good terms, I'd be fine with it. I don't deserve congratulations, though.

She's below average on the lewd chart, she's one of the purest 2hus!

>tfw my 2hu is in the top 10

That's because others don't realize just how lewd she truly is. She's been around a long time user, the girl has needs.

>a murderer
>pure
sup mococo.

Phlogistic rain is a load of fuck, not saying I need a walk through. I just want to point out that Zun has quite the English vocabulary despite apparently not being able to understand it.

>If you're still wanting to be on good terms
I don't know. Maybe if you post some cute pics of Doremy then maybe we can be on good terms. Just don't take these filthy secondaries words seriously, ok?

"Hello, this is Komeiji residence. How may I help you?"

That was a LONG time ago, let go already.

wtf who are you?

*stab*

Stab THIS! *unzips dick*

Good afternoon, mein fraulein.
May I speak with the leader of the household

Wait, please don't.

I want to ask Satorin out on a date!

Dude you're going to fucking hate Meiling's last spell (that is to say, the following stage).
Also, the game stops pulling punches from Stage 6 onwards, so good fucking luck with that.

>whiskey
You should know the only proper alcoholic beverages here are sake and beer.

wtf I think a bee stung me

is this the end of /2hug/?

Does Koishi have the worst existense out of all the 2hus?

Your top 10 shows extremely good taste, but I can't agree with some of the characters that are neat the bottom.

Wrong sister, chucklefuck.

Isn't Koishi the one who technically doesn't even exist and even when people are able to see er they forget about her shortly afterwards?

Yeah but she has no conscious mind anymore either, so it doesn't really bother her and she does things on a whim. Satorin has to deal with her sister being basically retarded.

>Yeah but she has no conscious mind anymore either, so it doesn't really bother her and she does things on a whim.
Not having a consciousness is a pretty big fucking deal and that's fucking tragic, that's like saying "Kars got frozen in space forever but he doesn't think anymore so it doesn't bother him"

And administering the ghosts of the scum of the earth, and being disliked by everyone, even the people from the underground, and having to take care of a second, radioactive, retard, plus how many other pets she has.

What if touhou was in South America?

Yukari's manipulation of borders would take on a whole new meaning.

I think it's a bit worse to have witnessed someone you love become mindless, and having to help that loved one get through. Even though she can vanish and come back several days later. Just think about that, you're taking care of someone, but looking for that person is impossible, there's no guarantee that person is coming back, and you still have to take care of the rest of your stuff. Hell, that loved one doesn't even love you anymore, so you're basically taking care of a stranger who can very easily overpower you.

There's more to Latinamerica than Mexico.

I always had this specific autism where I like to think Suwako and Pachamama are besties, or even the same person.

And there's more border manipulators than just Mexico, but let's not delve into that topic here.

I mean, South America is different from central america in ways. At least in south america the boarders aren’t like two toothpicks and a piece of cloth as the boarder fence

>Anything south of America is South America

You disgrace us.

>there's no guarantee that person is coming back
>that loved one doesn't even love you anymore
They're shown together in the Palace even in ULiL. I don't see why she would leave it altogether out of a sudden.

She is the God of nothing
If that's all that you can see

She does go out often, and Satori doesn't really have any way of knowing when she leaves and when she returns. Also, she literally can't feel love.

Step away grandma, superior Goddess coming through

look at that smug! Such an amazing smug!

Okina is prime smug.
And thus prime bully target

Pls refrain

Gee, thanks for clearing the way!

Why is heck so good?

You get three cutes instead of one, and it's not even a harem!
The heck comes with many benefits, it is truly the full package!

Why is that game becoming less and less enjoyable for me? Even 1cc first time after a long break (well, I haven't been playing for long time to begin with, I should add; that was my fourth or something like that) haven't really changed that. I just want to want to play it...

Which game?

Well, I refer to touhou in general, so should've said "games" probably. Mostly played EoSD, but not exclusively.

Start playing on higher difficulties. The amount of satisfaction you get from 1ccs is proportional to the amount of effort you put into them.

Take a break from the games, go play fangames, dig your nose into doujins/printworks. You'll get the spark back probably.

I had the same feeling while playing EoSD and playing the other games definitively felt like a breath of fresh air, try focusing a bit more on the other games and specially those that are pretty comfy like PCB or MoF.

/2hug/ is okay I guess