/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

previous thread -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 (embed)
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F (embed)
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L (embed)
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E (embed)

-RECENT NEWS-
>Switch
[Nov 10] Userland code execution is now possible, no releases yet. wololo.net/2017/11/15/can-now-run-homebrews-nintendo-switch-3-0-0/
[Oct 19] OFW 4.0.0 released (now 4.1.0), you may want to stay on 3.0.0 until new vulnerabilities are found. wololo.net/2017/10/19/nintendo-switch-firmware-4-0-0-released/
>Vita
[Oct 23] PKGI released, allows installing original pkg files, download & unpack pkg files directly on Vita together with your NoNpDrm fake license github.com/mmozeiko/pkgi/releases
-pkgi.txt: nopaystation.com/pkgi
>PS4
[Oct 20] fail0verflow published a writeup for their 4.05 kernel exploit. wololo.net/2017/10/20/adieu-ps4-kernel-exploit-firmware-4-06-fully-detailed-team-fail0verflow/
>PS3
[Nov 24] PS3Xploit NOR/NAND flash writer & NOR dumper for 4.82 OFW released. psxhax.com/threads/ps3xploit-4-82-cfw-on-ofw-nor-nand-flash-writer-nor-dumper.3112/
-Works on all fat models and early slims (any PS3 made before 2011), super slims aren't supported yet (expect a HENkaku-like exploit in 2018). Compatibility chart: i.imgur.com/7G3tM5D.png (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!9g8AXTQT!Vm3SkzlfgE5CP53DGVvDDP-STBhoVu0oesHMveDVVlU
gbatemp.net/threads/release-anemone3ds-a-complete-theme-and-splash-manager-for-your-3ds.482804/
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorials-to-create-custom-themes-with-the-same-quality-of-official-nintendo-themes.460823/
reddit.com/r/ps3homebrew/wiki/ps3xpad)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

super slim when

PS4 5.01 kernel WHEN?!

Reminder DS games on SD card was not worth waiting for.

What exactly does "Check" in the PS3's context menu check? Or rather, how to enable it? It's greyed out for me so I can't check it myself.

reminder that Luma is subhuman garbage

I have an old 3ds with luma on arm9loaderhax, should I change to boot9strap? Is it stable?

Can I hack a 3DS with a 4GB SD card? I'm broke until I get paid.

Also, reading through 3ds.guide, I understand that the Homebrew Launcher is used to run unofficial software, Soundhax is a method of running the Homebrew Launcher, and that Luma3DS is custom firmware. However, I don't understand what SafeB9SInstaller, boot9strap, safehax, udsploit, and the otherapp payload are for. Can anyone help me understand what they do? Or is it something that I'll only use once that's not really worth investing time into understanding?

Thanks in advance.

Is your shit not working? Why do you care?
Go play some vidya, you're golden.

Sorry, this took a little longer than expected.
Put this ROM on your flashcard and run it; put the TWEWY cartridge in your other console, then go to download play.
mega.nz/#!9g8AXTQT!Vm3SkzlfgE5CP53DGVvDDP-STBhoVu0oesHMveDVVlU
You should first be able to download Haxxstation. Then you can download Nitrohax. Once you're in Nitrohax you can select some cheats before launching the game.

my psn account recently got cucked for logging in with my ps3 cfw
my family really wanted to watch a movie on amazon instant video, and i got weak, logged in
anybody been in a similiar situation? what should i tell customer support?

>not using PSNpatch first
either way, I'm pretty sure there are cracked apps for that

nigga, i own a ps4 and all that shit
i barely use my ps3 kek

is there an easy way to transfer all my freeshop games + saves from one 3ds to another? is it as easy as backing up savedata and transferring tickets over?

Customer support can't do shit. You get banned you stay banned. If you want Amazon instant video use the no PSN verison, Google it.

WTF both my consoles are bricked
it works, but nitrohax crashes if it try to navigate inside folders

I'll see if I can work that out then.

basically.

i can only select and use the cheats on the "root" page, but they work

Any chance of the new Romancing Saga working since it came out before in japanese?

also want to note that it won't work the other way, as in DS to 3DS, because when nitrohax starts it asks to insert the game even if its already in and as you may know, pulling the DS card in a 3DS disables the module entirely

was meant to

Yeah, it seems to work in an emulator so I'm not sure how I can debug this.

I thought I patched that out. I think I'm gonna have to get a hold of a real cartridge before I can go any further with this.

alright mate, if you need any more testing I'm here

>mfw cfw alternative for 3xxx and 4xxx series is right around the corner

It seems the wait was worth it, can't wait to play many games for free on my super slim in just a few days.

Isn't it supposed to be a Henkaku like exploit? So you can swap between OFW and CFW no problem?

dead general RIP

>been idling in curryman for the past few days
>ps3 sitting at 5°C the entire time
Time to change the thermal paste again.

post source on that info

release some kickass Switch/PS4 homebrew then you lazy fuck

i keep all the ps4hax for myself or else sony will patch it

All I ever get from nico after solving Captchas is "error: x011". What that fuck is wrong with that site. It is terrible.

Dead general is dead

nico is for plebs. use ps3iso mega/googledrive thread or get a reliable torrent tracker

ok thx

What's the biggest microSD size N3DS can handle?

>Banned because cfw PS3
>Now I can’t play my PS4

1. Where do I get one of these SD2Vita 5.0s I've been reading about on /hbg/?

2. Does build quality vary much on R4s?
I have owned an R4 on my DS lite that broke, bought another one recently from nds-cards, before I start using it I'm worried it will break again so I was thinking I should buy a R4 3DS also. Are they built more sturdy?

>1. Where do I get one of these SD2Vita 5.0s I've been reading about on /hbg/?
ebay?

>2. Does build quality vary much on R4s?
Go for Acekard 2, SuperCard DS2 or R4iGold. If the latter, check if timebomb.
Not much to say about it.

shouldn't have used your main account when going online dumbass

128gb

Where is the best place to download 3DS games other than private trackers?

What d2x version do you guise use on your Wii?
v8, v9, or v10 or v10alt? and why?

freeshop or wii u usb helper has your eshop stuff

physical only releases gotta hit 3dsiso or torrents

>freeshop
Wait--is this software that runs on your 3DS after you've hacked it? So that you can pirate 3DS games from your 3DS?

yes

That's hilarious.

I'm part-way through hacking my 3DS. I've just backed-up the sysnand on the system and I've re-inserted the SD card into my computer as per the guide, but the SD card isn't being recognized any more. Any ideas?

is it worth the risk of setting up coldboot haxchi

Never mind. Re-mounted and un-mounted on 3DS and it works again now.

Yes, you can use a 4GB card. Nand dumps are around 1GB, so even if you store one on your pc, you can write it back to your sd card if something fucks up.

The otherapp payload is what the HBL relies on to run on stock firmware

Udsploit and safehaxx elevate your priviledges so you can install boot9strap with SafeBS9installer

SafeBS9Installer is the safest way to "sighax" and get cfw.

You'll only use these tools once, but they are the safest path to CFW.

Once you upgrade your sd card, format it to fat32 and copy over the contents of your current one

Thanks for your reply! I've just this second finished the hack. Any recommendations on what to do now? I'm currently looking into custom themes and piracy but any suggestions you have would be welcome.

If you are going to pirate but don't want to use freeshop, get your games in .3ds format and build a .cia from them in Godmode9, then install from FBI

Use this gbatemp.net/threads/release-anemone3ds-a-complete-theme-and-splash-manager-for-your-3ds.482804/ for custom themes, then you can scan QR codes directly from themeplaza.eu to install them right on your 3DS

Make NAND backups often, especially if you're going to mess with settings

Don't play leaked games a minute before release date, or you risk a ban. Keep in mind first played dates are stored in your activity log.

Inject the homebrew launcher into any app on your 3ds and use the .3dsx version instead of .cia if you are paranoid of bans

If homebrew can't launch because of lack of payloads, patch SM and FS service checks and try again
If luma crashes and you get a black screen, do not panic, it is a gentle crash, not something that can fuck up

Don't cheat online

Enjoy your modified console

I hacked my wii u over a year ago and lost the sd card.
Do i need to start from scratch?
since time has passed, is it easier to get games now?
Do games run better now?
Is it as easy as the 3ds like with the freeshop?

This is a really helpful post, thank you. I'm done setting up freeshop but I haven't touched a single game yet. Why would a person not want to use it and to install games manually instead? I'm about to install a custom theme now. Pretty exciting stuff.

if you're on 5.5.1 you can use browserhax+mocha

if you're on 5.5.2 then you need to use haxchi

getting games is as easy as freeshop thanks to wii u usb helper

games run perfect on NAND and external HDD, they act like legit games from DLC, going online, downloading official updates

You're welcome.

I just personally choose not to use freeshop because it connects directly to nintendo, and as stupid as they are one day they might make it a honeypot. Chances are slim, though.

You can also make your own custom themes, it's a lot of fun to do.
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorials-to-create-custom-themes-with-the-same-quality-of-official-nintendo-themes.460823/

Have fun, and feel free to ask anything else. I lurk here occasionaly.

mocha sounds familiar
do i need to modify any sd card?
or can i just put one in since the wii u is hacked?

I'll have a go at making my own theme. I used to do that back when I had a flashcart for the old DS! I read that a disadvantage of downloading games outside of freeshop was that people sometimes mess around with them and you can end up with a bricked or banned 3DS. Is there a generally recommended place to DL them from, or is it just the risk you take?

you download them directly from Nintendo servers too

I've not bricked my console once, or been banned, and i've ridden out 2 ban waves with 3 consoles, plus my partner's console. If a .3ds file is tampered with, GM9 won't even let you mount the image (I found that out last week).

One advantage to building your own .CIA's is for titles not available on the eshop. I grab my stuff from Billy's threads on 3dsiso.

Freeshop is fine, it's been running a few years, and I don't think nintendo gives a fuck anymore.

I made my own wood themes too! I'm waiting in hope that someone works out how to rehaul the 3ds home menu entirely, maybe it will happen.

>encrypt my PS2 ISO file in PS2 Classics Manager
>try to launch it via PS2 Classics Placeholder
>'The copyright protection information is invalid'

I'm still using Brazilian method with region mod on Wii U.

Don't want to load CFW every boot for eShop games so I use Haxchi + Loadiine.

Is that still the best option if I don't want CFW?

yes wii u hacking scene is dead

haxchi/mocha is still the cfw of choice
loadiine sucks though, should use brazillian with usb

brazillian only works if you have tiks, he's asking about eshop games

brazilian method works with literally every game with a dumped titlekey, which is >90% of eshop-only games

Correct. I only play handful of eShop games and they work perfectly in Loadiine.

Everything else is ready to play when I turn on my Wii U.

fuck I'm dumb, you can't dump eshop keys, but they still work thanks to fake signing

wheres that darn switch hax

and fake signing requires cfw ;-)

What are you talking about? It's been out for a month.

just install cbhc then you lazy shit

said he didn't want to boot cfw every time. that's why he asked. learn to read

there's no reason not to though, especially considering the alternatives

>If a .3ds file is tampered with, GM9 won't even let you mount the image (I found that out last week).
That's pretty handy, I didn't even know. Been playing around and currently got things set up nicely. I'm using the Pixel Cyberpunk theme right now and my O3DS has never been comfier. Seriously tempted to buy an OG NN3DS (with the colored buttons) soon and maybe keep that one legit so I have one of each. I don't know. But thanks for all your help, anyway. Much appreciated!

isn't that the point of cbhc? it boots cfw at at system startup so you don't have to manually boot it yourself.

instant boot. everything works except couple eshop dlc. avoid bricks.

I thought that was homebrew at first, I was like, that's cool .... oh wait

No problem. I'm the opposite, I buy more consoles just to hack them, haha.

I'd like to do a NAND backup with GodMode9. I don't have much space left on my SD card. In FBI it states the size of CTR NAND and TWL NAND. Can I guess from that how large the backup will turn out to be?

I want to use my dualshock 4 on the PS3. On the PS3XPAD guide (reddit.com/r/ps3homebrew/wiki/ps3xpad) the 2nd step is to "Start up your PS3 with the XPAD plugin loaded". How do I do that? all the files are already in hdd0

How about reading the whole page?

whats the new hotness for 3ds cfw? im still on cakes

also, if i switch will i lose my saves?

What are the difference s between a pkgi game and a maidump game?

>almost 2018
>still on cakes

Hello John Titor.

Install B9S with soundhax and then use Luma.
Google "3ds freeshop" and "3ds anemone".
That'll get you up to speed.

it doesn't really say how you the XPAD to load.

I didn't get a confirmation message at first, and then when I start a game and press START+SELECT+R3 I also get nothing

any experience with swapping cfws? will it mess up my NNID or is that linked to the console itself

damn im rusty at this

Where should a complete beginner with homebrewing begin with a new 3DS?

(Ver. 11.6.0-39E) I won't be able to homebrew from this update will I?

hope you like buying a flashcart

>Don't play leaked games a minute before release date, or you risk a ban. Keep in mind first played dates are stored in your activity log.

What's the point of this line? You can get around this by changing you Time/Date settings or just by deleting the title in your activity log. The issue with playing before release date is risking an online ban. which only happens when you actually go online

Heard there was a 3.63 exploit that let you run backups

But my vita is on 3.61

am i fucked?

maidump is made with maidumptool
pkgi is nopaystation

>Heard there was a 3.63 exploit that let you run backups
congrats you heard wrong

Ah, it's only PSP backups.

Fuck. At least I still have my cfw vita tv

>3ds recommended games link is dead
Can anyone upload it?

Oh shit 3dsthem is down? rip, I never really liked themeplaza's layout. Hope that doesn't kill the community

>swapping cfws?
In my experience it's best to start from OFW. Makes things easier.
Use Checkpoint to backup your save data, then TinyFormat.
Since you have Cakes you should be able to use Soundhax to install B9S.
After that, give your SD card a quick format and follow 3ds.guide

>will it mess up my NNID
I have no idea about that. But I'd still suggest to log out and install CFW while not linked.

Good luck

If my Switch is on 3.02 is there any point staying there? Or just fully update?

Are there any games you want to play that require a newer version? If yes, update.

Is Switch update blocking DNS same as the WiiU one? Or is there a different one?