fantasymusica.org

> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

armory3d.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How do I make tumblr like my game?

How do I design a turn-based competitive Pokemon style game? What this formula is:
>1v1
>6 Pokemon (monsters) on a team
>Each monster has 4 moves
>Each mon can have one ability and held item
>Status and environmental effects
>different stat distributions
>Different team playstyles (offense, balance, stall)

And a bunch of other factors. What could I change to this formula to make my turn based battle game work?

This is strictly multiplayer by the way.

lol use godot my dude best engine in the world. super free and it's better than unity

ask /vp/ what they like and dislike about the current smogon format

I want to make a fighting game.

How difficult is it? I read some where that the people who made SF2 had never made a fighting game before.

370 difficulty units

hence why its shit

>I read some where that the people who made SF2 had never made a fighting game before.
Are you fucking retarded?

not that bad if you use the right engine

No shit the people who have made the first ever fighting game are going to have no experience making fighting games before.

Godot is the best engine ever.

mayhaps. Enlighten me

how could godot possibly be good at making a fighter

what about SF 1?

Whats so good about godot?

The difficult part is rock solid input and networking if you go that route. And art, you need a lot of animations.

was godot the best prosecutor?

I am currently applying duct tape and chewing gum to try and get my movement correct and it is not working. I am pretty sure the solution is 'easy' but the overall implementation from the beginning was probably obtuse and overly nonsensical.
At what point do you stop trying to plug the holes in your code and just scrap the segment and do a complete rewrite?

Godotfags are so annoying I fucking this smug robot's face.

L-Lewd

How can I design my game so that any variables from scene "a" (ex: moved boxes) will be saved when returning to the same location later at scense "b" in a different scenario. For example: Scene "a" takes place in the day time. The player stacks several boxes in a corner and jams a door. Scene "b" takes place at the same location, but at night. How do I make it so that the variables the player made are saved between the scenes?
I realize I'm getting ahead of myself, but I have this function in mind, and a lot of my story and gameplay will be based on it, so I want to make sure I can do it.

Someone randomly replying to every post with "Use Godot!!!" is most likely falseflagging to make actual Godot users look bad.

try searching: how to save and load data

It is very easy to load and save game data in Godot, you can do this with one script. You can also serialize/encrypt the data with just a few lines.

fucking hell
trying to do gamepad controlers to do a 360 movement
I've managed to get the fucking angle of the analog
ive managed to set the angle to a Z position in the game
I managed hard set the ship to look at the fucking angle the player is pressing so the ship snaps to the place

but i cant for the fuck of me get it to go smothly there.

fucking slerp rotates the entire fucking ship in both X and Y angles fucking the game logic

If I'm understanding what you're trying to do correctly, you should use Euler angles.

i did, but it looks "fake" it doesnt rotate to place it supposed to be , it snaps to the place like is teleporting.

im trying to make it slowly go there using the ship speed.

No, I mean interpolating Euler angles instead of slerping quaternions or matrices.

Actually, it looks to me like you can just use a single angle for the ship and a single angle for the input and interpolate/move between those, if it's 2D.

Is there anything wrong with 854x480 as a base resolution?

oh. okay. thanks.

what kind of magic power platforming gimmicks should I have fun with?

Doesn't go into common resolutions without letterboxing all around.

>tfw someone makes a game you somewhat like and you know he gave up because nobody cares about it

Doesn't scale by integer amounts, I should say. Which may or may not be an issue depending on your art.

are you this rpg pong guy? do you really need 3d there?
can't you just do angle = approach(angle, joystickangle, angularvel * delta)
and then recalculate position based on angle. instead approach you can use lerp or something too

This post is deep.

I remade the active function system, now it's not as much of a mess as before.

Now, to the most feared task: atmos. I have a very clear idea of how I'm going to make it: Gasses will be entities. So, if I spawn a vent on the center of a airtight room, it will create an entity that will have values such as gasses.oxygen.mol, gasses.plasma.mol, gasses.temperature, and the Kpa will be calculated that way. It's the most efficient way I found, because I don't have to iterate through vacuum tiles.

I considered using the original ZAS (zone-based system). But if I used it, I would sacrifice realism for efficiency.

Now, if you people have ANY better ideas, I would be very happy to hear them.

just do what skyrim does and only save items that have moved, so if the data doesn't exist for a particular item just spawn it wherever the scene tells it to otherwise move it to however the save data does

that way you don't have to save every single piece of data twice, only the dynamic stuff

>using s/lerp with moving start and end points

literally pants on head retarded, just use Quaternion.RotateTowards()

>he thinks indie gamedev is suitable for primary income
Hahahahahahahaha

What's this written in?

I don't think anyone believes that. I do hope my game takes off though, no matter how tiny the chances

Lua, using the Love2D framework

>are you this rpg pong guy?
yeah
>do you really need 3d there?
yeah cause my game is a fucking filthy lie, its all 3d using a ortographic camera
All the asteroids are just low poly spheres
All the planets are spheres
The ships are cylinders with normalmaps to give the curvature effect
Im a fraud

I just lock then in the same Z plane and then rotate then in the Z axis.

i actualy tried that, but the thing doesnt stop, it keeps rotating forever.

ill try this one. but doesnt it require another Quaternion to do it? all i have is a angle

>i actualy tried that, but the thing doesnt stop, it keeps rotating forever.
Then you did it wrong.

What's a good scale for converting a score 0 through 100%, to a letter rank F through S?

There is no way to do this because numbers aren't letters

Are chiptunes an easy way for beginners to do music the same way pixel art is the easiest way for devs who can't draw to do art?

Pixel art is easy for pixelshit, hard for good stuff.
Chiptune is the same. It's easy to do garbage.

Letters can be numbers though

We literally can't tell you without a frame of reference to how hard it is to get score or what the score is from.

Put your 2 paddles inside a container GO. Offset them from the parent container in local space. Rotate the parent to move the two paddles.

Then it's just a matter of rotating the parent container by the single angular Z using any anything you want: Mathf.MoveTowards, Vector3.MoveTowards or Quaternion.RotateTowards.

Not really. They're easier in the sense that you only have a few tracks to work with but that means you really have to make those few tracks count and come up with a catchy tune instead of covering your ass with endless layers of synths and effects

>AR mobile game
>chao garden
>find "parts" and currency irl, much like finding pokes now
>can set a home base to get steady stream of parts and currency
>gyms for vs battles
>once you visit a gym you can enter it from anywhere, but it takes time for your chao to "walk" there.
>gyms are even more hands off. More like that cats game where you simply view the challenge
>chao breeding
>chao alignment
>can give chao toys, exercises to influence stats and such
Gib me money

They're both incorrect, yes.

Alternatively, tell me how this is a bad idea. Anything beyond "scope" and "mobile shitter" is welcome.

but where game

stop masturbating to your stupid chao garden idea and start making it

That sounds like it would be fun. But making it AR is probably difficult as fuck on top of the already difficulty of multiplayer and making the game good.

Although this got me thinking, I think more mobile games should give you currency or something for steps taken. Sort of like on the 3DS, you get coins for walking around with the 3DS, and then you can use those coins in games that support it. Of course there's the problem of people just shaking the phone to get coins, but oh well, it would still be fun to have a reason to walk around. And I assume it would be easier to add than AR.

When I say AR I meant Google maps integrated and being based off location. I'm not dealing with camera shit. And I like the idea of a pedometer. Easy way to stop gaming the system is only so many coins a day, or if you go faster than X mph it stops counting.

So not AR at all

How easy is it to implement Google Map data into a game?

Also
>or if you go faster than X mph it stops counting
Pokemon Go had a problem where riding your bike around would be too fast to count as steps. Which was really annoying for bike riders. Having a limited number of coins daily is good, but I don't think the speed limit would be necessary.

OK yea you got me there. Just location based. I can stand losing the AR tag; everyone I knew who played PoGo turned that shit off once the novelty wore off anyways.

Move aside Godot, there's a new open source engine in town.
armory3d.org/

How do I visualize an instant hit projectile in a 2d game, like a sniper shot or something? Do I just draw a straight line and fade it out? Draw nothing and only have impact particles?

A line that fades is good. It indicates where the shot came from and what happened

>Blender integration

>ERROR: ResourceCache::clear: Resources Still in use at Exit!

WHy does this happen and should I be worried

So instead of helping each other, open source projects are just competing for patreon money now

>Mathf.MoveTowards

holy shit it worked Perfectly, the ship moves towards the angle the analog stick is moved PR the key are pressed.
thanks everyone,

>people seed gps into their shitty emulators and your shitty AR game is dead within 2 minutes of people botting hard

No. "Chiptune" mostly refers to the instruments used. The quality of a song is for the most part defined by its composition, the instruments in any song can basically be swapped out and replaced at any time.

The pixel art equivalent is nursery rhyme songs, that's what they start you with when you first learn piano.

GPS spoofing is pretty easy to tell. There's multiple reports you can do, the more taxing ones requiring actual hardware to get around. And from there they could be sent to a spoofers pergatory. Or shadow banned. Or if they're particularly bad, slowly wean off the resources they get.

The ultimate ruse
Damn, I can't stop changing this bossfight

>spikes only damage once instead of locking the player onto a spike trampoline
very good my dude

There's only one thing worse than Metroid 2 spike pits. These fucking flower cunts in Fusion and Super.

preparing my game for a little pre alpha demo.

They also has some timeout on dealing damage, but it works for each individual spike object. When shit gets real in this fight, player can get dragged through whole row of spikes. I think I will just change it to acid or something.

Fuck this boss

Started work on the provisions counter. This one will probably take more time to hook up since I don't even have a provisions spending system when resting yet, but I think I can repurpose the potion one fairly easily so I may still finish it pretty quickly.

Also currently at the top on /r/gamephysics so happy people are digging it!

>43 fps
seems like you have to prepare a bit more

Holy SHIT user

Now, I NEVER said anything like this to any game ever in this thread in all my four years here: it looks AMAZING. I dare say that this boss alone is one of the most remarkable I have seen. Keep doing God's work user

The player movement looks goofy as fuck

It's just the animations that need some work.

I really loved how immersive it feels, I like the animations. The way the player gets caught by the monster in the end would make me cum if I was playing it

How do you make good looking unity terrain? Is there a trick to transitioning texture borders better?

Thanks, now I need to make sure it plays as good as it looks.

I still have a lot of work to do.

I watched a Doki Doki playthrough days ago.

My depression came back and still did not go away.

Do I have to wait the end of winter?

Can I sell this secret picture for 5 bucks?

Coding a simple gore-n-gibs system for my videogame! This is satisfying!

>I still have a lot of work to do.
Don't we all ?

That's lewd, user.

blend mask instead of linear blend.

Don't give up - Cloaks on power armor is one of the coolest fucking aesthetics possible.

But right now, it looks kinda like there's a loose spleen hanging from your dude.

>he models health as an integer range from dead to full
Can you believe it? In 2017?

You mean in the sprite or in-game? In-game has a verlet test I always forget to remove.

In-game. That gif in looks pretty great.

>that tileset
what why