/nintyg/ - Nintendo General

This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and the games released on them.

Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /arms/, /mk8g/, /wug/

>Important News
「!」Breath of the Wild: Champions Ballad DLC available now: youtube.com/watch?v=dyBFAX4SDEc
「!」Bayonetta 3 announced: youtube.com/watch?v=Ti-i40Ez6KY
「!」Mega Man 11 announced: youtube.com/watch?v=3aSC5A726f0
「!」Outlast 1 and 2 to be released early next year for Switch: twitter.com/TheRedBarrels/status/938838477088657408
「!」Some autistic fuckers have an estimate of total coins in each Mario game: nintendoeverything.com/estimated-total-coins-for-the-super-mario-games-prior-to-odysseys-release/
「!」New Pokken item codes and content for Twitch Prime users: nintendoeverything.com/pokken-tournament-dx-twitch-prime-member-emotes-new-in-game-item-codes/
「!」Footage of the new Versus mode in Mario + Rabbids: youtube.com/watch?v=7er_WMshnNc
「!」Shantae: Half Genie Hero Ultimate Edition to be released early next year: nintendoeverything.com/shantae-half-genie-hero-ultimate-day-one-edition-slated-for-spring-2018/
「!」Splatoon 2 soundtrack released and places fourth on the charts: oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/w/2017-12-11/
「!」New trailers for Yo-Kai Watch Busters 2: nintendoeverything.com/latest-yo-kai-watch-busters-2-trailers/
「!」Ryan Reynolds to voice Detective Pikachu: hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ryan-reynolds-star-pokemon-movie-detective-pikachu-1065206

>Upcoming Releases
JP - nintendo.co.jp/schedule/index.html
NA - nintendo.com/games/coming-soon/
PAL - nintendo.co.uk/Games/Upcoming-Games/Upcoming-Games-753286.html

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/amiibochartv13.jpg

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rjubLXm8ua8
nintendo-insider.com/nintendo-switch-dev-kit-price-is-450/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-wii-u-usb-helper-a-small-eshop-for-windows.446565/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gosh guys quit letting the thread die.
ALSO WHERE IS THE NEW MARIO STRIKERS GAME

Ordered myself a Switch with my Christmas bonus, and was wonder if the Amiiqo/N2 (Amiibo spoofer) works with it?

Just picked up a 2DS b/w NSMB2 and a copy of Samus Returns. New for $110. Did I rip myself off?

Question about the Switch.
Is it true the battery will die faster if I turn the console completely off after I'm done using it?

I've read in some places I'm supposed to never turned it off and actually just letting it into sleep mode always.

guys do something

Most are gaming. Let the thread die if no one is here but you.

no

this desu

>the state of this general
what went wrong

>spoofing amiibos
pretty sad bro

>buying amiibos
pretty sad bro

why would you buy a shitch?

stop playing zelda

Raniel
3DSg
Bitcoin
Pige
Discord

>pige
I stopped posting here though

im here tho

good cheap Switch games?

oh no not again

god im fucking shoulders-deep into bravely default right now
why cant xenoblade 3D get me this addicted

None

Recommend accessories for the switch?

a devkit so you can make some games

I was going to buy a switch
>was

Luckily, I remembered the WiiU's lack of games and changed my mind.

>holding a previous, experimental console's flaws against its successor

See you in a few years when 3rd party still hasn't stopped and (you) and the rest of /v/ do mental gymnastics to try and justify your mindset that the Switch or dare I say the Shitch is a shit console with no games.

The wiiu just caused me to have higher standards. Now when I buy a console I make sure I can get $1 an hour of entertainment out of it.

The switch is ~$300. Mario oddesey is about a 12 hour game. Xenoblade2 is about 60hours. What would I play for my other ~228 hours of time?

The better option is to wait for a pricecut so by the time the switch is discontinued, there is a better chance of it being worthwhile.

>What would I play for my other ~228 hours of time?
Nigger its a brand new fucking console not very many games are on it right now. Most consoles need 3 to 4 years to build up a decent library.

i see your logic, flawed as it is
MK8D and sploon 2 got a lot of replayability both online and offline, with the latter getting regular updates
zelda is solid, and is incredibly deep if you go for 100% completion
ARMS is alright as well, but is lackluster as it is and needs to pick up momentum
there's always minecraft, and its a much better option than pocket edition, naturally
as for other junk, axiom verge, shovel knight, sonic mania, sonic forces and a good portion of other indie titles are a good time sponge
also kirby's coming out for 2018,
that's a huge release for me

Which is why I will wait 3-4 years to see if Nintendo provides games this time or not. Seriously no reason not to wait now. The console will be discounted by then, and if other consoles are any clue we will have the Switch Pro version of the console shortly with 48Gigs of memory. Just enough to say they did something, but not enough to care.

Its not like im missing out on great multiplayer action now or something.

>Nintendo consoles getting discounts
Thanks for the chuckle user I really needed that today.

>Its not like im missing out on great multiplayer action now or something.
fool
after 4 years the metagames for all the online-focused titles we have now will be dead, if not struggling and stagnated
"get while the getting's good," as the saying goes

What multiplayer games are you talking about? Splatoon? Arms? Mario Kart?

I played Mario Kart on my nintendo 64 in the '90s. Arms I wouldn't even consider buying. And Splatoon? You have got to be kidding me. Literally nothing even interesting.

Mario Kart and Zelda are ports of ancient games. BOTW was originally made in what, 2011? MK8 was made in 2014.

I waited this long to play, ill wait longer. If online is dead ill just rent out a few friends to play with.

WiiU was going for $260 like 1-1.5 years after release

>BOTW was originally made in what, 2011?

youtube.com/watch?v=rjubLXm8ua8

Zelda is a delayed(and bad) port of a port.

>BOTW was originally made in what, 2011
It's development started 2011
Making games take time who would have thought?

Xenoblade X was released in 2015. 2 years later we have another one, AND its ported to a new architecture. They couldn't have started on Xenoblade 2 dev much sooner than XCX was released.

But i guess a 2-3 times longer dev cycle for Zelda makes sense. With all its, uh, inventory slots.

>They couldn't have started on Xenoblade 2 dev much sooner than XCX was released
Yeah they could. BotW was originally intended to be a WiiU exclusive. However since everyone knew the WiiU was a bomb they ported it over to their new console.
Super Mario Odyssey's development started right after 3D World.

Seeing the switch dev kit wasn't released till the beginning of this year - even to capcom - I highly doubt in 2015 XC2 was even started on outside maybe some initial writing of scripts.

They wouldn't even know the final architecture to target to program, let alone what type of hardware specs they had to design in mind for. The difference between PowerPC and ARM processor is huge.

nintendo-insider.com/nintendo-switch-dev-kit-price-is-450/

>Seeing the switch dev kit wasn't released till the beginning of this year
It's Nintendo's dev kit you dork they can use it all they want before they release it.

Even nintendo didn't know what the final specs would look like until 2016, or they would have filed a patent earlier.

>On June 10, 2016, Nintendo Co., Ltd. filed in the US via the United States Patent and Trademark Office several patent applications related to Nintendo Switch. They were published today December 15, 2016.

I highly doubt it was out of R&D before this point.

>I highly doubt it was out of R&D before this point.
Development for the thing started ages while ago. Hell it was even Iwata's last project.

The patent means things are done- no more changes. They need this to be issued(or pending atleast) before they could even start building them outside a lab environment. Without one someone else like the chip manufacturer could rush in and patent it themselves costing Nintendo a ton. I imagine they kept specs very tight liped till then, even to those under NDA.

There is no way that iwata knew what the resolution of the screen would be or the speed of the CPU/GPU. He probably had a few shitty sketches of it in a notebook somewhere.

We aren't talking about 80GB games on an x86 platform- The switch uses powered ARM processors. These details matter during dev especially on a resource starved system. Id bet they wrote the script in 2015, they started coding in 2016 and finished by mid year.

golf is only good when iwata dies

which version of monster hunter do people play the most? generations?

World

nice dead general youve got here

not our fault nintendo has no game.

come back in a few years, itll be ok.

I still have 0.02 to giveaway, but the thread is ded.

Sad!

guess ill have to buy a hooker instead

Why is there still no Virtual Channel for the Switch?

you mean virtual console? its coming but its probably not a high priority for Nintendo

source on either statement?

Do the people in mario kart literally memorize every turn in the map?
I'm stuck in 11th place constantly.

well it is a game from early 2014, some people have almost 3 years experience playing

How big of an SD card do I need if I plan to buy my games digitally and I'm interested in most of the first party games

You will probably need more than one eventually

i got a 128 GB card on switch, got loads of games on it, and im not halfway through the data

Just sayin, I told you so

ive got 2tb on my wiiu, used half of it

go away

on what games?

Any good local multiplayer games in the past 3 weeks release? Single console local multiplayer

Probably easier to say what I didnt install.

Most digital games are 10-20 gb, unless they are shit Mario remake #1000 or Indy trash. 128 gb ain't shit. 1tb ain't shit.

then say it
what titles on that card take up the most memory
and furthermore why did you invest so much money into that console

>buying games for a system in it's end of life
>shiggy diggy

Nothing. I installed most everything. Even every copy of just dance.

gbatemp.net/threads/release-wii-u-usb-helper-a-small-eshop-for-windows.446565/

why.

Revelations 2.

someday, I might want to dance.

Looking thru, just dance 2018 is 14 gb, paper mario color splash 7gb, xenoblade x is 29gb, Wii games like resident evil 4 are 4gb, batman is 18gb, assassins creed 22gb. Right there your shitty 128gb card is uses up

why would you even want all those games on your card at once
do you even know the meaning of the word "moderation"

why would you want to wait for a game already released to download and update when you want to play it? that is only a problem poor people need to deal with

so you really got all those programs on there just because you can
that's insane, and not in a good way

Should I got digital only for my new Switch or buy physical games as well?

physical like a man

ok mr holier-than-thou, I bet you never downloaded an entire nes/SNES rompack ever either, right?

i have no need for it, so why have it?

because one day it won't exist on the internet anymore and you will wish you had it.

But I already have so many PS4 game cases that I am running out of places to dump them.

That's how racing games work

Also, i don't think it's that hard. once you play maybe 5 times, and there is a map

Ordered one of these.
Will report back with results if I dont fuck up.