/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP
↳Second beta period on PS4 available from the 22nd to the 26th, does not require PS+, starts at 5pm GMT
↳Third Fleet Trailer 12/8: youtube.com/watch?v=8RIaU9kpA8Q
↳Paris Trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, observed changes, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lpnt8i7_2rg
youtube.com/watch?v=VKIVwGZdXvM
youtube.com/watch?v=Ewv15oifxkc
rule34.xxx/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2201930
youtube.com/watch?v=TTr07CibY4c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Have a good thread, /mhg/.

Anyone got that image of Ichinose destroying the charge blade with his laser eyes? It never ceases to amuse me and I could really use a good chuckle right now,knowing I'll be alone this holiday season.

What is the Dash Juice for?

wow, arzuros, ma boy, easy on the crack

Are the small monsters synced now?

It's for trivializing the game.

>got 14 day free trial PSplus on day of beta

Will this last til the next beta? Where can I check. I swear to god Sony and their fucking jewish tricks to make me waste a month on PSplus when the fucking game isn't even out yet.

World is a gateway MH of the worst kind. It's a bad game, a clusterfuck of casualized gameplay and westernized monsters that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive monster fighting faggorty and CUHRAZY. The normal user can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the game itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad. However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for normie, casual underageb& redditors who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The generic dinosaurs all trying their hardest to look cool, the overdone, peculiar, colorful combos, the whole anime styles faggorty and everything about the MH world fuels their need for instant graitfication, while the empty, casual, and overall steamrollishness of the game make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average redditor and his sense of unwarranted desire for unearned achievement. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& redditors eat this shit right the fuck up. MH World is basically THE game to attract the most hated souls is le hard xD fanbase known to /mhg/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every user to troll the fuck out of this game and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no MH World threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

Try out some of the new weapon tech I've learned of since the beta ended

STFU SLUT

Here you go champ.

PSplus is not required for the next beta

kys

You don't need PSplus for beta btw.

Also beware that your CC might be automatically charged when the trial is end.

The next beta doesn't require psnplus, it's to test server load.

Didn't even bother to read. I'm just glad it's finally out in consoles instead of the cheap ass handhelds.

Huntresses

Someone post the hip sway webms

I need them to conduct important scientific research.

Does anybody have that IRL picture that looks like it's form some party and it's a skinny guy dancing awkwardly while two cats are doing acrobatics at his feet and the "Quest Clear" stamp is slapped across the whole thing?

Have some best monster in exchange.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lpnt8i7_2rg
youtube.com/watch?v=VKIVwGZdXvM

What's the /v/erdict?

It's not on switch so it's trash

So pukei-pukei room on the next beta?

And so begins my scientific experiment.

Royal Rumble, use the challenger suit to lure all the monsters in one area and fight in one big free for all.

Muh

Thanks, my duder.

we're gonna find pukei pukei finally

What palico armor is that? from what monster?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ewv15oifxkc

Angie

is it confirmed that he is in the beta?

STOP DISCUSSING WORLD, WE ALREADY DECIDED TO BOYCOTT IT

we've had footage for weeks but we aren't sure how to spawn him

No, (you) did

This better come back as DLC

Can my laptop run P3rd/FU?
I know it's shitty but my mom gave it to me years ago for Uni stuff

PPSSPP runs on phones.
Go for it.

sauce

>paid cosmetic dlc confirmed 100%

How does /mhg/ feel about this? What exactly prevents them from going full idolmaster/dead or alive kinds of DLC mania where they do thousands of $$$ worth of cosmetics? Is it still okay for it to be not free as long as their cosmetics?
This will be the first time the series will have official paid DLC. What are the moral implications of this?

Eh. I'm not thrilled about it but they also said we'd get more monsters added as free DLC and we've already got some cross-promo free stuff confirmed so if anything had to end up paid the cosmetic stuff is the best option.

>paid cosmetic dlc confirmed 100%
Sauce

I don't give a fuck about cosmetics and if they need to do millions of them to make the monster dlcs free then it's all good

MHW is a lot of the (mainline) series' first. Like paid online and actual playable controls.

I don't have a problem with cosmetic microtransactions because it doesn't affect gameplay,
I am however a little sour that they removed transmog and that cosmetic DLC will be the only pieces that can be "mogged".

Paid online debut with Tri.

Tri had paid online in Japan

>first time the series will have official paid DLC
It's also the first time we don't have to rebuy the fucking game just for G-Rank while also getting a bunch of monsters and quests for free.

>It's also the first time we don't have to rebuy the fucking game just for G-Rank
You don't know that for sure.

>Is it still okay for it to be not free as long as their cosmetics?
Totally as long as it's cosmetics and there is no stats included in the thing. >Like paid online
Wasn't tri in nipland paid online ?

You know the only reason G Rank wasn't DLC in the past was memory storage right?

rule34.xxx/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2201930

>Tri
Pretty sure even MH1 had paid online. Dos surely did

They're pretty cool, desu. I can already tell I'm going to like the Rotten Vale theme too

You mean because they want to milk people for all they're worth.
Memory storage wasn't the reason for yearly re-releases on the wii, psp, or 3ds

Source

>You know the only reason G Rank wasn't DLC in the past was memory storage right?
That's a funny way of saying that it was for more money.

You are so fucking stupid. MH is a yearly franchise. A G rank game is a full fledged MH game of the year whether you like it or not. They put a lot of money into those games.

>wii
>psp
>3DS
Capcom doesn't make money off of overpriced memory cards on systems with no storage user.

Even the HD version?

I can finally use the batmantle to glide off the edge of the broken dam as rathalos gets washed under me
I want to use this beta to experiment with exploring/gathering more too. The forest was confusing as fuck, I want to learn my way around and where the mining spots etc are. It's more productive than just mashing out diablos for the 100th time although I can't wait for that either

Whoa, Mizutsune's roar sounds so feminine.

Anja girls are sluts!
Sluts!

>going through 4U's high rank
>do the HR6 arena quest against Black Tigger and Edgedog with no smoke bombs
>spend 35 minutes running around like a retard waiting for them to kill each other
>do Caravaneer's Challenge with smoke bombs
>mfw I kill Raj and Sparkledog in less than 6 minutes

link me some good nip speedruns for each weapon pls

Maybe if we explore enough we'll find Pukei

I bet that rascal's hiding just around the corner

youtube.com/watch?v=TTr07CibY4c

As long as it's all truly cosmetic, and it doesn't cause them to introduce shady shit like lootboxes, I don't care
They can come out with $500 worth of bathing suit outfits and as long as I get new monsters/G rank, I'm fine with it

G=Rank will be in a 70 dollar lootbox

What's the best monhun ppsspp title to play while i wait for Jan 26th?

Portable 3rd is pretty easy to blaze through, FU aged like milk but its still sort of fun.

>cosmetics=okay

Isn't this a slippery slope? Start with the small things, then on the next game iteration move to bigger type DLC to get people acclimated to the idea. Isn't this how today we have loot boxes, season passes, on-disc locked DLC, pre-order DLC, purposely removing game contents to later include them as paid DLC, etc? Are you guys too young to remember it didn't start this way but the DLC cancer slowly and surely snowballed into the shitfest we have now.

FU or P3rd HD

tnx. 13 more

Thanks user it's felt like an eternity since the beta ended. At least I'll get my fix with the second beta.

Freedom Unite

Then that would be the time to stop playing and start focusing on your family. Old MH games are here to stay in all their no DLC glory.

what if the handler accidentally ate felvyne and became a felyne herself haha i think she'd be cute haha

She'd be at least 1 000 000 000 times better then

i wonder if she'd lick my wounds better, just as a joke haha

just dew it™

What if guild girls became good monsters and thus good girls

user don't do this to me

>potions taste like green tea
never thought of that before, but I can believe it

I'll throw up a little every time I use a potion from now on.

>doesn't like green tea
you a cawfee fag?

I don't know why but I always imagined it being dairy, like mint icecream or something

I refuse to believe that anyone ever drank matcha, no matter how used to it, and had a pleasant drink.

>t.murrifat

Better green tea than Mountain Dew