/ddlc/ - Doki Doki Literature Club! #228

Poems for the Ones You Love (Edition)
Previous Thread: >Official Stuff
Steam Page: store.steampowered.com/app/698780/Doki_Doki_Literature_Club/
Monika Twitter: twitter.com/lilmonix3

>Guides
Guide: gameplay.tips/guides/1298-doki-doki-literature-club.html
Actual guide to getting the "good" end: pastebin.com/q3nGy9Fa (embed)

>Art and Miscellaneous
Game files dump (full) - mega.nz/#!omBgAY7a!qbh7FYCcYnjIN7G9bGGDy343CLBCRaOIuiHN8SwPT7k
Wiki: ddlcwiki.ga/wiki/Main_Page
Fan-made Content Pastebin: pastebin.com/BRy67t0s (embed)
Booru: ddlc.booru.org
Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=2793739#
"Your Reality" sung by (You): youtube.com/watch?v=7acpV4fKp9Y

>Please refrain from killing thread culture!
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
International Association for Suicide Prevention (EU): iasp.info/resources/Crisis_Centres/Europe/
lifeline.org.au/get-help/get-help-home518121

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gXu_2MgtnMI
strawpoll.com/586xfkaa
pastebin.com/Ug6LJ3uw
i.imgur.com/dvDpglr.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A daily reminder that Sayori loves you.

Monika

ALL DOKIS ARE GOOD DOKIS AND DESERVE LOVE
BY POSTING BELOW YOU FULLY AGREE TO THIS STATEMENT

Honestly dude, I used to like the "thread culture" thing of the suicide hotlines, but I'd rather avoid someone fucking up their life due to this thread.

And i love her forever and ever!

Why is Sayori so shit? She ruined the whole episode.

I love monikafag69 !

Sonic Sez: post cute Sayori!

I love me some Natsuki, but they're all great.

DELETE YOU SELF PLS!!!

Please refrain from (not) killing yourself!

All of the dokis love you and want you to be happy.

I want to take a bullet for Sayori and survive through her support alone

Yuri is a happy, healthy, young woman who wants to be married to a strong young man who can princess carry here everywhere she wants! She also wants to have many energetic kids that she can care for! Will you take up her offer?
Yurifriends get in here

Sayori wants to tell you something!
What could it be?

Only the hottest and stickiest love.

I love this picture....

Spoken like a real man
Actually deserves a place in every next OP

I love you, too, user. Expect something tonight.

Will you take up her offer?
Without hesitation.

Well?

I love her so much.

Agreed

I already deleted her today, isn't that enough to make anyone proud?

infinite conversation with Sayori when

Yes.
I will do hektik skids 4 you Monika

Next Sayori posted is getting a full blast shower from Yuri's overfilled bladder!

True!

I made sure I'd pass my communications class and not drop out of college today!
N-next semester will be better, they say.

Have a lewd sayori!

Yuri will never lactate her beautiful mammaries to fill in your bowl of bran flakes for breakfast.

>ywn be a hectic with monika

I'm the notorious Monikahater around these parts but I'll agree to that after all she did sing me that song in the end.

>tfw have to wake up early in the morning and it's already past midnight
Hopefully I can catch it in the morning then!

Haha hope you can aim

PISS
youtube.com/watch?v=gXu_2MgtnMI

You know me, I'm a whore for reposts. G'night, user.

Reposting this in this thread to further the conversation. I got some good responses last thread...Hopefully we can get some more.

Does someone want to have a genuine conversation... What do you like about Doki Doki literature club? I'll start.
I like doki's tropey but.. "real" (?) characters. It kind of feels like what the tropes are boiled to their roots, what made them so popular in the first place. But it feels like the tropes are applied to real people, not built up from scratch to be tropes. Like the characters were built first then the tropes were woven into their characters... I'm rambling now but I hope someone knows what I mean.

>Yuri is standing next to Sayori
>Everyone else is in the opposite direction
I doubt Yuri's aim is THAT bad

>wearing a condom
For what purpose?

>I'm the notorious Monikahater around these parts
You are not alone my friend.

Their doki murdered my doki.

I will never forgive her.

Only 3/4 of dokis deserve love.

Ahaha... Hello, everyone. I hope everyone was a great night ahead of them.
This will be the end of me for the night, so I bit you all farewell with some poetry!

Word of the thread is "archive"!
Alternatives are 'cube' and 'deceit'.

As always, if you want to write a poem, please consider using one of these three words!
These words are meant to be used as a guide, and inspiration, a theme, your subject matter, or whatever you want.
Everyone is welcome so don't be shy to try it out!
Using a shared word helps us all out since it makes it a lot easier for us to compare and contrast, and allows us to form some form of union and solidarity, I suppose? In any case, just do your best and have fun!

Monika!

>it's it love

>ywn milk Yuri while she milks you

I'm not sayorifag but I feel kinda jealous when I see this.

good post

I was interested when the game started with what I thought was going to be a commentary on mental health only to drop it for some meta shenanigans. I persisted with the meta shenanigans and sure, they were creative and engaging and it even got me trying to compare the game to Harvester with its violence vs sexual content themes but in the end I just wanted to see the issues further explored.
I get what you mean, there was some deconstruction that explained how a character would either be molded into a trope or long to adopt those familiar, recognizable traits as a facade or even true identity.
For some people deconstructions are painfully oversaturated at this point in time but the game did enough to interest me with where it might take them.
Since the fuckery happens and we never get to see where Danlet could have taken this if he wasn't all about that e-celeb exposure and because we got such a nice start it's easy to see it as a "Too good to last" sort of deal rather than a simple disappointment that throws the rulebook out the window for some cheap scares.

Makes it sound like I'm shitting on it but I really appreciate how startlingly effective this game is at getting into your head and imagination. I need these dokis to be okay because I cracked their seemingly uninspired exteriors and was pleasantly surprised, getting to meet someone I could care for. I don't want to be a fucking Danlet and ditch 'em for some "oh everyone died but it was good I promise" ending but apparently Danlet wants it to go down like that more than anything.
Shit hurts but it's nice to care so much. That's how I see it.

G'night, Monikanon

I never noticed that. I always get caught on the "better words" part.

It hurts
So deep
It creeps into my words and when I fall
asleep
It crawls into my dreams and when I wake
it hurts
but only for a moment as I move
along
it drags me back and claws my legs
I drag
my feet
but push until I've taken steps
toward
something

hell yeah

Thanks.

Are you satisfied with the ending? What's the ideal DDLC ending from a literary perspective?

strawpoll.com/586xfkaa

That ending note was the most heartwarming shit I've read in all my VNs.

Right on user

>ehehe, I want to be a mommy but I also want it to be a surprise

I never even post poems, but I think Monikanon is truly a blessing for this thread.

And I'm back how's everyone doing tonight?

Playin' vidya with Natsuki!
Eating cookies with Natsuki!
Natsuki berating you for eating store-bought crap!
Natsuki baking cookies!
Natsuki's baking for herself, though!
Sort of!
Natsuki sharing cookies with you!
She's only sharing because you're here!
Eating fresh-baked cookies with Natsuki!

Natsuki!

Sayori but she starts screaming right before she's about to pass gas

>But it feels like the tropes are applied to real people, not built up from scratch to be tropes. Like the characters were built first then the tropes were woven into their characters...
yeah I'm with you for most of this...maybe its the flaws in the characters? I think a lot of what makes the characters good is from it being a OELVN but dont tell anyone i said that

Wait... that hair... that's not MC-kun!

I'd love to continue the story with Natsuki and protect her from whatever makes her days so hard.

But at the same time, I would want the other three to have happy endings as well.

>GAS GAS GAS

oh fuck my heart
i'm not even a sayorifag but that struck something deep within me
good shit user, new fetish(?) acquired

wew

>tfw you want to enjoy Natsuki's pastries, but you're a celiac :(

Post Monika instead

i dont know if its the perspective but that cookie is fucking enormous

and now im hungry

lad that was never a question

It's Dan "Don't Give a Damn" Salvato, he can rape your waifu in more ways than one.

Can I get the source on this, I saw it like once and didn't save it, and it's not on the booru

Good night, /ddlc/.

For not making babies that will be your responsibility for 18+ years.

this reminds me of that periodic broken english "dont drugs" post

Sleep well man!

>Sayori but she only speaks in lyrics from Initial D

I love Monika but Natsuki is lovely too

I didn't get to respond to this last thread (sorry BTW) but I think you are spot on.. You made a passing comment about the game being a commentary on mental health and I think this is a good way of phrasing it... To be honest I'm a sucker for any kind of media that depicts mental illness in a meaningful way... American psycho is my favourite movie and novel of all time. While not explicitly about mental health I think it's a lot more imaginative if you believe it is. I agree with the evil. Overbearing psychological torture that this game puts you through.. Doing your damndest to look after your dokis only for them to be snatched away is nothing short of cruel. It's a piece of code that I connected to and it makes me sad... While some say "there's no happiness to be found in the literature club" I atleast like to think... That we "shouldn't be sad it's over but glad it happened" god I can't believe it I sound like a basic white bitch with that... Also.
Do you like huey Lewis and the news?

what purpose do you think, buddy?
can you possibly think of one?

Posting more smol tsun cupcake

If you have to wear a condom then you don't love her enough. Stupid wank

Sex before marriage should be punishable by hanging.

man I can never get enough of you sayorifags

>Having sex for any purpose other than making children

>should be punishable by hanging

I think you're right with the flaws part. Really helps to connect with the dokis. I'm not sure the game would have worked so well If you didn't really like the characters.. I guess that's what its like for most VN'S I wouldn't know to be honest.. Ngl I actually had to look up what an "OELVN" was (original English literature visual novel I presume?) I don't know enough about the genre to comment but I guess the story being wrote by a westerner Is my takeaway from what you meant... Allowed the characters feel... More real.

Reminder that Monika has autism and loves Sonic the Hedgehog!

pastebin.com/Ug6LJ3uw

yes. when I read VNs translated from japanese, no matter how good the translation a lot of the charm is lost. Usually the translator has to be a very good writer as well and take a bunch of liberties to create the same feel (best example i can think of is the grisaia 1 fan tl)

i.imgur.com/dvDpglr.png
This was a pain to find.