/twg/ - Total War General

Intel Leaks Edition

>Warhammer
youtube.com/watch?v=qLSezK6_N5w
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/
totalwar.com/blog/reprisal-update-final-patch-notes (NEW)
tl;dr: Laboratory and Reprisal updates now live, more balances & updates in January alongside campaign DLC and FLC

>History
store.steampowered.com/app/694880/Total_War_ROME_II__Empire_Divided/
store.steampowered.com/app/712100/Total_War_Saga_Thrones_of_Britannia/

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

Campaign posting and screenshot sharing encouraged!

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5QWHCuhxwo4
youtube.com/watch?v=8kDlrU3kUhU
youtube.com/watch?v=eGWocQiG74M
youtube.com/watch?v=lKZ6Ouxt2ig
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

>Breathe in
>BOI
the armour

Dark Elves see humans as nothing more than poor quality slaves.

Warhammer vs WoW

This is the end, hold my hand and count to ten

>allies
>garrison fleet 80
You got this

Grace like a big unit.

Not when my onager commits suicide

What faction in ME lets me play as a big guy?

Grace doesnt judge.

My marines fled causing the spears to flee, but if their spears had just run around in circles insteado f reinforcing the general i might have won

inb4 they have siege towers and I didn't notice them building them

Fat Mundi

Kroq-gar is a big (lizard) guy

You dont get much bigger than Kholek Suneater.

Yeah definetly keep cav until LITERALLY EVERYONE is stuck in

>playing chaos
>raze my way through kislev to altdorf
>nearly no opposing armies
>check where my boy franz is at
>he is crusading norsca with his brother todbringer

HE'S BACK LADS!
The GOAT Warhammer TW MP battle replay channel The Magnus is putting out videos again after a six month break:
youtu.be/5QWHCuhxwo4

Why did we never have this problem back in shogun 2 when you put YARI ASHIGARU MINGSHNEGN around fortifications

>tfw you aren't The Golden One

Is shilling your own channels allowed here?

I wonder how the "Tomb Kings still not confirmed" guy is feeling.

What kind of funky formation did the dwarven player use? A bunch of long narrow pillars that get wrapped around easy, he deserved to get stomped.

>implying it was one guy

>Tomb Kings still not technically officially announced

Literally "WE" in Wharhammer

Sorry but there are only three approved /twg/ YouTubers
1. Arch Warhammer
youtube.com/watch?v=8kDlrU3kUhU
2. Republic of Play
youtube.com/watch?v=eGWocQiG74M
3. ???

What are Tiranoc (the shooty) chariots good for with High Elves? They say they're anti infantry but looking at their stats, and the fact their arrows are magic, it seems like they're actually better monster hunters. Do they serve any purpose?

And which is the superior cav option, Ithilmar Chariots or Dragon Princes?

Turin.

Treacherous Dawi

For sure

>Mediocre Chaos plays vs Pants on Head Retarded Dwarf player using meme unit arrangement.

Not sure why I would be excited about this user.

Why did they all drop massively
>Arch 'What i think should be done next in Syria because of my extensive play of Med 2' Warhammer

thems some ugly shoes

He knows what he's talking about but Christ alive I want to punch his voice.

lol faggot

>archers need to lose 3/4 of a unit before they flee before my cav
HISTORIVCALLY ACCURATE TW WHEN

>Faction unlocker lets you play as beastmen without dlc
>cant recruit units except for bray shamans

Is this a new tier of difficulty?

How could you forget Prince of Macedon, my friend??

It's funny that fantasy units route faster than any history unit in Total War history.
History: Brave
Fantasy: Cowards

RATS

Magnus is a patrician uploader. Bit older, isn't a screeching kid, isn't trying to become an e-celeb or earn a living out of youtube/twitch, happy with sub-1000 subscriber count. Only uploads and narrates his own ladder battle replays. Has a good high quality format of tight narration so the replays don't drag on or suffer from over wrought editing.

Main weakness is his fondness for a particular Chaos rush build that he has success with, so a lot of his replays feel like the same battle over and over again. Was a top 100 TWW1 ladder player and his channel had good grasp of the MP build meta. Also got into a fight with Legend and had Legend back down and delete a video.

>tfw can completely smash the shit out of anyone at MP but choose not to because it wouldn't be fair

Have a browse through his TWW1 back catalog of battle replays when your bored for better opponents. Good content. Here he is beating Ninjahund:
youtube.com/watch?v=lKZ6Ouxt2ig

>cycle charging isn't working when defending sieges
HELP, I can't drag rear units off and make them chase me around the walls as well

Legend for 3
Also drop Arch for Inept General
And drop Daren for Heir of Carthage

pls respond

>Inept General

A snail uploads more content than him.

Same. Once I figured out the perfect build nobody could stop me. I'm probably to intellygent for games really.

>dryads using a fucking ladder

>And which is the superior cav option,

Princes if you can afford them.
They probably are the best cavalry unit in game, sort of a tie with Blood Knights.

>skirmishers are used as melee troops once their ammo is expanded

>brings artillery
What now yiff boy?

>noobcube

Can't wait to bring my mortars that outrange you.

Chariots are anti infantry because they can charge into an infantry line and come out the other side, getting a charge bonus on 4 chariots and disrupting formation . If you try to charge into a monster chances are its faster than you, only one or two chariots will actually hit it on the charge and when they hit it the chariots will be stopped by its mass. The archers on the back are just a little bit of extra damage because they fire while moving, not intended as a principal source of damage.

>unironcially using t1 units in MP

>the only units that have a from-above firing arc

Literally every single day.

Binge snacking on empty calories vs fine dining once a week

I wish there was some "ranged until they get into melee" option for the High Elf Sea Guard.

They should fire into the oncoming enemy and pull out there spears when it's time to hold the line, but nah, instead they retreat to get into ranged position.

Is there a mod/button/something that fixes this?

I'm a little new to Total Warhammer.

Turn off skirmish mode.

>start as Kroq-Gar
>army is 80% saurus units
>almost out in desert
>starting province already tier 5
>all faction units available

How do I re-new his army? My budget is too tight to hire another Lord to bring it to him and my only two armies are in extremity strategic positions and I can't make trip all the way back to staring province.
Take 6 turns to recruit top tier units in global recruitment, don't think I can stand still for 6 turns. Would also mean I'd have to disband bunch of units and wait for 6 turns with army at 75% capacity. I lost entire game one for doing that

But won't that just make them passive until the enemy get into melee? I want them to take full advantage of their arsenal, not just do one or the other.

It sucks because it feels like a great hybrid unit, but my unfamiliarity with the controls makes me feel like I'm not using them right.

Turn off fire at will. Micro manage their targeting.

>fantasyfags

But won't they then just run away like cowards when the enemy get close?

Is this one of those git gud affairs that make for amazing units if you micro them and mediocrity otherwise?

Oh come on mate, I only started playing a few hours ago.

Fight a custom battle and turn off skirmish mode

Which is why you also turn off skirmish mode like I already said.

>But won't that just make them passive until the enemy get into melee?
No. Skirmish mode means a unit will flee when an enemy draws close, nothing more. Turn skirmish mode off and leave fire at will on. Your units will automatically open fire and then switch to melee when enemy troops meet them

Yeah okay cool, I'll experiment a little in custom battles to see if I can't get the hang of it. Thanks /twg/.

Skirmish mode makes ranged units run if they think the enemy is within charge range
Fire at will makes the ai shoot the enemy asa soon as they're within range
turning one off will not disable the other
In battle settings have skirmish mode set to not automatically on so you don't have to do this every battle

Ah that's super neat. I got a much better grasp of how to use these units effectively now. Thank you Anons.

Experiment you say? Check out "The Laboratory" for all your experimental desires! Powered by Intel Inside.

Have some of these for next time you post

™ ®

>set unit to shield wall formation
>they get pulled out and do 1v1s meaning the unit they were overlaid with does notreinforce
>one unit dies whilst other is still at full health
Please thrones of brittanoia, you can recycle all other atilla assets but just get combat right, if they fix the engine I'll pay full price for this game

Thanks mate, super helpful! I'll give this a try!

Thanks™!

Did you click 'enable introduction' when you started the campaign? Also, why are you only playing now, it's not on sale

I pray for a day when the rear ranks can fire whilst the front ranks engage in melee

Post Kino

The game is super bad at explaining controls, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. There's a lot of shit you can do it won't tell you how.

ex-
>to move in formation, select all the units, hold alt, drag formation to where you want it to go. +ctrl to rotate the formation
>to attack move, place units into a formation, click the little padlock above their selector to LOCK formation. Then have them attack a target - they will move in formation to attack, and break off to attack the nearest enemy as they move.

>10 non-melee experts dudes charge 90
>live for 2 seconds
>feature worth implementing

Also;

>hold space to bring up overlay menu, this will let you change things like showing unit pathing trails, formation locations, tree opacity, etc
>tapping the J key will cause the selected unit to do an about face, or if it is cavalry, retreat 10 meters and then re-face front

Fuck those are some good tips. And like you said, the game hasn't really told me any of this. That about face one sounds like a godsend for when the cav try for a flank.

I've been manually rotating them and that usually ends up getting my ass destroyed.

These are amazing user. Thank you!

Why would the rear ranks be non-melee experts, I'm not saying mixed units like shogun 2 mods had
Not Him, but use J to 'cycle charge' easily, this is when you get cavalry out, reformed then charge again, because if your cav isn't charging or ten seconds after it's shit

Ah fuck off, Each game is essentially a reskin ovf the other ones with some mechanics changed. Just treat it as a new map with some funny looking units.

you can also hold shift to "draw" paths for units for flanking or complex maneuvers, but I find this buggy and it's simpler to just issue rapid fire orders and have them move in straight lines

Attila winter battles are so comfy, how can fantasy even compete?

Rolling to actually finish a Shogun 2 campaign.

It actually can't. I really like Total Warhammer but Atilla and Shogun 2 are the height of the series.

>a finished shogun game
wew lad
user don't take it so seriously, but it just goes to show how popular fantasy is and how it helped revive interest in total war

I've actually tried that. It was more an RTS-instinct that I could pound out shift-click orders to make units take the path I want.

But like you said it's a little buggy. Sometimes they'll stop halfway through my plan, and other times they'll follow it too rigidly (continue moving instead of engaging and enemy that shoving swords up their ass).

It's still a neat feature though, especially when you don't have time to micro your shock-cav (which you don't want to stop and fight anyway).

/twg/ is really full of great tips today!

>t
Tou
ch my butt

Spoopy