/fg/ - Falcom General #133

Previous thread: Tag the spoilers so the general doesn't die again.

>Tokyo Xanadu eX+ is out on PC and PS4
>Zwei II is out on PC
store.steampowered.com/app/427700/Zwei_The_Ilvard_Insurrection/
>Trails of Cold Steel PC is out on Steam and GOG
store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the
>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:
mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news
- Zwei!! English release by XSEED. Titled as Zwei : The Arges Adventure
xseedgames.com/2017/12/01/xseed-games-announces-second-entry-in-the-zwei-series-zwei-the-arges-adventure-for-pc-this-winter/
- Sen : The Last Saga to release sometime next year, most likely September
gematsu.com/2017/11/next-legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-will-last
- PS4 remasters of Sen 1 and 2 to release in March and April 2018, respectively
gematsu.com/2017/11/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-kai-ps4-launches-march-8-japan
gematsu.com/2017/12/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-ii-kai-ps4-launches-april-26-japan
- Ys VIII released, but PC release date delayed due to issues with the port, and translation fixes to come in 2018
steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/0/1484356232247880393/
- Trails of Cold Steel III is out right now, news/article translations
gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii
- Cold Steel PC guest blogs (written by port programmer Durante, of DSFix fame):
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163720373505/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-3-from
- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news
Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt
Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

So...this is the power... of releasing a game without a dub.

>They actually kept the awkward Kiseki-style finisher in TX EX even after adding a new one
Why

there is 0 advertisement for this game, what did you expect

If Xseed had released it, it would have been dubbed, AND it would have broken 10k sales at least by now.

Falcom loves gauge mechanics for some reason. My bigger complaint is how they handle switching party members. The "support" role is totally frivolous in this game.

>weebs bitch and moan about no jap audio
>swear to boycott companies that don't put jap audio in the games
>Finally get a game that has only jap audio and no dub
>it bombs miserably
>worse sales I've seen in a long fucking time
>even indyshit does better
wow..really makes me think..

I thought weebs were the magical audience everyone wanted to capture because it would skyrocket sales, hmm guess not wow

Oh look, more copypasted CS monsters!

I think those fire golem things that appear in Cs, also show up at some point.

have the weebs killed themselves yet now that tokyo xanadu bombed? please tell me yes

Would've been better if they removed the party system altogether and just give Kou multiple abilities.

The game being shit has nothing to do with whatever language it has.

Do steam kids even buy new games that aren't on sale for pennies?

Still on-track to outsell Zwei 2 and Ys Seven, at $60 no less.

Nigger, XSEED games barely break 5k these days. Only Kiseki sells more than 15k.

>on track to outsell Ys seven
lel

TX is never - NEVER - going to break 10k sales.

TX could only dream of getting anywhere close to 15k

how did mommy hatsuu hurt you

how

I want double digit IQ shitposters to leave.

Shio is such a bro

Are you retarded or something? I'm not the one shitting on xseed.

Then go.

What's with the constant hostility towards tokyo xanadu? are people actually afraid it could somehow be a threat to the LoH or Ys games or something?

this is a falcom thread, you know

Lol, who told you that? It's Trials of Xseed here.

The Falcom discord is the Trails of Xseed place.

>unfinished translation
>no dub
shit game

Let's be real, you guys just want nothing but a Kiseki general, to the point of throwing shit on Tokyo Xanadu and older Falcom games just to spite its respective publishers.

It's a shit game, but the translation is finished, and the localization in general is competent, you autist. Go upvote some circlejerkers, fag.

m8 you might want to consider the possibility that you are 1 in only 1,000 people in the world who actually bought or care about that shitty game. It's got nothing to do with a trails general.

People are just trying really hard to pretend they're not mentally challenged, and that they're not trying to shill for localization companies.

They inherited the spirit of the dead jrpg gen shitposters

We didn't get Crossbell back!

the translation is not only finished but they actually fixed all the big issues it had on the original release.

unfinished would be things like mid battle dialog from enemy and friendly npcs still being in japanese like it happened in trails in the sky.

I want to play Zwei 1 already! It looks fun!

Also, I can't wait to play the revised edition of Ys VIII. Ricota sounds cute and I want to fuck her!

Little brown girls are the best!

I haven't even played Tokyo Xanadu, still waiting for my copy to arrive.

Remember to buy 10 copies! SHOW RECEIPTS! We could potentially afford to port Akiba's Beat to the Switch if you all do this! You know you want this! :D

>xshit trying to damage control
Tokyo shitnadu is shit either way so even with dubs it wont sell LOL

>Remember to buy 10 copies!

I don't even know why are you guys still trying to pull this false equivalence shit. Besides, Falcom's JP fanbase is so hardcore that they even bought the same game twice.

It's true. I went through half when it was on the vita then bought the PS4 re-release and never even played it.

Emma's laugh is creepy as fuck

Wait, wrong game. I thought we were still shitposting about Xanadu.

How did she manage to sound cute in both language?

>play for an hour
>feel tired and take break
>have a strong urge to play again
>repeat

At least you have something to play, I'm still waiting for CS2 and Ao here.

For me it's the opposite.

>Keep fucking around doing whatever on the internet
>Feel like i should play that one game but keep holding out
>Force myself to open up the game
>Get into it easy

>millium's initial outfit
Why is this allowed

because little girls are sexy

Calvard when?

>2017
>maaaaan, there's nothing to play
Do you even like video games, or do you just play the odd weeb game and indulge in otaku-centric media the rest of the time?

>Millium's loli butt
Osborne truly is a man of taste

Even then, there are plenty of "odd weeb games" outside of Falcom.

They are a very vocal minority. You can see the same thing with Shitafags as well.

Let's all say thank you to all the great publishers who put out great Falcom games!

Can i just talk about vydia instead?

...and of course the student council president is the daughter of some big-time corporate exec. Come on, Falcom. Try. Tryyyyy.

>expecting anything original was a literal copy-and-paste job of story and gameplay elements from other falcom games
TX was always a quick cash-grab piece of trash

Senran Kagura and Fate/Extella would like a word with you.

Those games being bad has nothing to do with Falcom relreasing a shitty game like TX

fuck I thought you replied about TX being bad

Do you ever get the quartz Eagle Eye to see enemies in the minimap or not in zero? In sky, we got all 3 of them early on so I'm wondering if I missed it or something

You'll get one soon enough. Only the member who has it will show enemies on the map though, and he has to lead. I suggest using Randy to stum enemies on the field, his is a bit slower, but the stun time is big, and he keeps enemies locked even when hit by the front for a long while, letting you easily go to their backs.

Luckily they fix that shit in Ao, and any member who has the enemy detection quartz, will show it on the minimap no matter who's leading.

Where are you anyways?

Just saw the best couple Joshua and Estelle saving my ass. That music was fucking hype.

Investigated the hospital and doing sidequest before going to the mining town.

Why Randy instead of Ellie? She can snipe monsters from far away comfortably

I'm about two-thirds of the way through Zwei.

I'm ashamed to admit this, but I...

... I have a crush on Alwen...

>2008 Falcom game
>PS2 graphics
Glad to see they've always been a gen behind.

Randy because his swing arc is big and wide, and the wave is also long, and like i said, the stun time is BIG, while with Elie, the enemy will probably get stunned for only half a second before moving again.

Just to clarify. I mean stun time when being hit from the front, like the enemy spotted you and you hit them to make them stop for a bit to reach their backs and stun for real. You can be more forward with Randy due to how long it lasts.

Ah that makes sense. I thought it would actually stun and give me the advantage right away. I'll rolll with randy as the lead thanks

>Ao translation just jumped from 92% to 95%
>likely to reach 100% within a month
>can likely play crossbell in its entirety in (poor, unedited) english by february
Is this real life? Is the very latest in the series now the only game we CAN'T play in English? HOLD ME

You play Randy because it makes you feel like he's the MC and not gary-stu Lloyd FLAP FLAP Bannings.

Alwen is cute!

It's actually pretty ingenious when you think about it. They can permanently ride on Nostalgia for the last gen.

Good things come to those who wait!

Don't be mean to Randy's best bud.

>2,7% in 21 days
>can likely play february

Yeah I don't see it releasing before april-may considering they need to test the patch if it doesn't crash the game

Also, a third of the game has now been translated by that Flame guy, so that's a machine translation.

>playing anything not officially translated by based xseed
Enjoy your inferior experience

>not maining Tio on the filed for wide range attack and cute shouts

>waiting another 10 years
no thanks

Tio is Randy's sidekick and follows him from behind in the line.

>tio

Her field attack is so shit though, it's slow, and it has an insanely low stun time, even when it hits from behind.

>its a deadpan loli episode

>it's a Tio a cute episode every episode

Tio does have a very good reason to be deadpan though.

So what the hell was the point of the true end in Tokyo Xanadu? Like, seriously, what the hell was that?

Smug loli is better

You posted sugar rush girl, smug is Renne.

pls do not bully Randy's imouto

What does a sword to do with lolis?

Small car for a small girl

That's actually cute in a way. It makes me think of a clown car though.

Towa is tiny!

I still blame XSEED for removing two monsters in Wild Arms 4 from the monster encyclopedia but didn't remove them from the game records themselves. Which prevented people from getting 100% completion. Oh and Jude's hantom Line instead of Phantom Line (though you could rename attacks so that wasn't as much of a big deal).

What kind of a loli would the Calvard party have?

>2006
*yawn*

Not aware of that event. Was the removal intentional, or was it an accident?

shinobi slut loli would be nice

Slut loli, or opportunist always looking for profits.

protag is a brown loli taito user

Long text box is long.

I LOVE ESTELLE!