/niohg/ Nioh General

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt
FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Smithing text list:
docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/edit#
Farming smithing texts: pastebin.com/tiYzLRug

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

You need the right gear to do that with ninjutsu as well as with onmyo. If you use the strongest onmyo spells you can still apply discord to bosses even in wotn and then slash them for 10000s each hit.

Thanks.

the issue with onmyo is more that it's so easy to apply status that heavy magic investment ends up not being needed

anyone can discord with a weapon buff, tengu fan, and a guardian/moment talisman

Yeah, not a lot of enemies actually have an elemental weakness to really take advantage of the damage and for some reason they made ninjutsu items easy as shit to recover while onmyo isn’t. My best guess is that they dont want to to be able to sloth every last enemy you encounter but they could have just made “unlimited onmyo (fire shot)” or something instead of these redundant onmyo damage stats - you can get a % damage roll and a letter grade scaling bonus for each element.

It works fine if you go all in - you can get like +100% elemental damage between a grace, guardian spirit and helmet, and then another 100% damage to wind shots if you are lucky enough with inheritables. But because you have like 10 fucking onmyo rolls to look out for instead of two for thrown damage it takes a bit more effort.

>tengu fan
?
>guardian/moment talisman
Do they really stick an ailment in one shot?

Where to farm accessories?
I really need some good acessories and since you can't reforge them, I basically need to find some spot where they drop tons of them.

Also is it worth defiling accessories?

I'm getting really inconsistent damage from Iai Quickdraw on enemies backs. I can hit the same enemy for 5k and then another time for 20k. Any one have an idea of what might be going on?

Does Hanzo drop his shit at any level? Because I got him on Abyss floor 2.

Can you craft ethereals? Im in way of nioh and missions are throwing new smithing texts at me, but forged items only seem to be around wotstrong tier. Is forging useless at this stage? It's sort of a shame I need to rely on rng not only for a specific weapon and prefixes, but also have it be apart of the right set as well.

Everybody understood the "joke".

You can't forge Ethereals. You use Forging to make a Divine and then Defile that Divine in the Abyss to turn it Ethereal.

As Odachi user, what should i level next?

Why are kusarigamas so fucking strong, should I even use anything else?

Magic, of course.
Why the hell didn't you use it for talismen already!?

what do you mean?

tengu fans are attack items which shoot out a big tornado that inflict bluster very easily

the effectiveness of a talisman depends on the spirit you use, but most of them are pretty good at inflicting their element. paired raiken will definitely do it in one shot if the enemy doesn't resist lightning.

>Also is it worth defiling accessories?
I don't think you can

criticals
yes

Have you not looked at magic and ninjutsu at all during those 685 levels...?

But i do use talismans

>Nue mixed with anything
Truly the cheapest kind of artificial difficulty.

if you get it to 20 you can get the quick cast mystic art

Yeah and with 20 magic you can get one of the two magic arts.

i have quick cast, why do i need 20 magic?

Fuck off, cheatershit.

delete this

are you kidding me? I did almost all the locks missions

Welp, time to farm the fuck out of him while he's WotSAM strong and I'm Demon.

See you in ten hours.

Thanks
I didn't pay attention to tengu fans before since they seemed to be rare, but it's actually in the glory shop

All onmyo, ninjutsu and lw whores, as well as all Iai cheaters take note:
This is what a quality non-cheese build looks like in Nioh.

Sure sure, little cheaterkid.

It's true, there's no such thing as non-cheese in this game.

You only need to get it to 20 to do the mission and then get the unlock. You can then respec and keep your dex/magic at whatever you want and still be able to get the fast magic. You should probably make sure you know what you're talking about before trying to call someone out.

Daily reminder for quality builds - now with picture!

i did the respec
kys yourself you dumb fuck

>Have you not looked at magic and ninjutsu at all during those 685 levels...?
>did you not need to cheese and cheat during those levels

I can dodge.

Obviously got it to 20 first and then used reset stats you nub. The only requirement for those skills is to have done the mission.

>30 levels later
>still the biggest bullshit by far so far in this game
What were they thinking!?

>cheese
Ah, so you are one of those uneducated shitlords that doesn't use any kind of attack buff at all.
Why are you even playing the game?

>leveling up
Might as well use CE.

I take it you haven't done Everlasting Duty yet then.

If that is some abyss thing, I only ever did the first boss there and decided to do the normal missions and DLC first.

I mean, I'm level 159 and this thing has just 2 difficulty symbols, yet I'm not even close to getting even one of them to half damage.
I have basically no time to attack any of them without also getting hit.
And I don't want to invest any onmyo points in things like sloth.

>trying to do two in the shadow and iga style in wotn as an axe user

It hurts even after you've gone numb.

t. can't dodge

I just don't like to get onehit or having to whack the enemies a million times to kill them.
I already did a lvl 1 naked run for the base game and some enemies already take 15min+ when you barely do a couple hundred damage per hit. Then again it allowed me to get all the title points for extra stats in ng.

It's the DLC equivalent of the mission you're trying. These optional end game missions are the actual challenging content, going up to do the same basic missions on a higher difficulty level is a piece of piss.

It's possible mate. I even got the crusher achievement, though with odachi, but that is basically the same as axe since you can't use the parry.
Your best hope is to kite them in circles and when okatsu is falling back try to relieve hanz of his ki and he should go down in 1 or 2 final blows.
If you don't do the title, just make sure to never get hit by okatsu and her lightning bullshit and you should be fine.

I want to fuk the fuku

She is truly the sex goddess of this game.

Equipment drop rate and armor blessing from the kodamas. I don’t know if there is any specific location where they are more common.

ded

I want to cuck muneshige

reminder that the hat never comes off

never.

>this last fight on NG

I mean I get that they wanted to make something cool and climactic, but having to turn my back and not being able to see what several other things are doing is really fucking lame

>boss of the mission is a never ending gauntlet of mages that summon foxes while cannon yokai shoot from elevated areas

Welp, looks like I'm not accomplishing anything this morning.

tell me which mission this is so that I can never play it

Dance with the yokai or something. In dlc2. It's literally just endless white super mages spam summoning endless foxes while also spamming the chain lightning strikes while a cannon yokai smiles from the center of the arena. Oh and a boss Fox comes out half way with two Cyclops and a wheel monk. The mages respawn if you take too long as well and summon even more foxes.

So are all of these double boss fights that I unlocked after clearing the last mission of the base game jacked up in difficulty or can I beat them right now without needing to get better gear or level up more? Just marathoned through the last region and not really up to bashing my head against a wall

>doing any missions on the umi-bozu level
>9/10 elites yokai fall into the water
>cry internally when hearing the sound of big loot dropping

Fuck that area

They are generally the same level as they were, the difficulty is fighting two at once.

It'd be easier to start the DLC instead, but there's nothing stopping you from beating the dual bosses right now.

oh alright, also how does NG+ work in this game? I wasn't paying much attention but didn't even see an option to start it or w.e

Is it just something I go into once I finish the DLC?

No, it unlocks after hundred eyes. Go to the list of regions and press square to toggle between difficulties. WotStr and higher difficulties have a bar in lower right corner that fills as you complete missions on that difficulty, when it has filled enough, it will unlock the next region.

It's one of the side missions, finish "The Queen's Eyes" in the Omi region.

>TFW I can only really go cuhrazy with tonfas, which are one of the worst weapons

I’ve co-opped with plenty of tonfa players who blew shit up faster than I ever could. Just build your character well and its fine.

>levels
Levels don't mean shit compared to gear in this game unless we are talking about hundreds of levels.

>The mages respawn if you take too long as well and summon even more foxes

>one of the worst weapons
When will this meme stop. Tonfas get to go in hard as a motherfucker more than any other weapon because of the mystic art.

Any ways to reduce the penalty you get by changing spirit mid-LW?

Have Extraction/Pleiades up, switch just as you kill a mob

best way to farm stones for LW? I was thinking something like In Queen's eyes kill 2 kelley and suicide on 3rd-repeat

Is there a reason I should ever use Water Shadow or w.e it's called over Haze?

Please tell me "attack from behind" bonus applies when you are hitting the enemy from behind and not those useless grapples that only work on human enemies.

Is it even really viable to 'main' two different weapon types in one build? I'm currently doing 1kat as primary and kusarigama as secondary because they're my favourite weapons to use but they require totally different stats to maximize

>Recover Ninjutsu Items (Finished Using Living Weapon) 96%

That's how you are supposed to play

Any attack in the back, including final blows if the target os face down.

Roll change to attack on them and yeah, its fine. Peak damage lets you kill bosses in a single move. You clearly do don’t need to end fights that quickly. Don’t worry so much about maximizing your damage.

what do you use for secondary weapon for odachi?

Can you roll change to attack for any stat on any weapon?

In theory

axe

in what kind of situations?

>decide to do some random encounters for glory
>every fucking host I get queued with just straight up dies to the first big yokai he comes across

fuck sakes

2kat.
I just wish the odachi would be best against yokai and 2kat best for humans. But it's the other way around

in every situation

all those missions are pretty much bullshit

what a stupid fucking answer. Just don't talk if you have nothing to say.

What level in the Abyss do you start getting better gear? I parked last night at like 55 and I'm still only getting 300(+38) gear.

>summoned for WotStr Deep in the Shadows
>get to final leg
>Dweller comes out of nowhere and knocks my head around
>dodge backwards off the ledge and die

hows your Saturday going lads

what's going on with you?

yeah abyss is fucking shit. I'm at 74 with +40-43 drops

this general rarely helpful and answer like this don't help the situation

Is the Abyss easier if you do it on normal difficulty?

I use a Spear for the pokies. Body and Strength are my main stats

odachi has nice pokes too like dev rush or running attack

Use a second Odachi

Abyss' difficulty is based on the level you enter it in. 1-5 is Way of the Samurai, 6-10 is Way of the Strong, and so on.

Calm down just use Odachi and Axe